ANYONE SALVAGED A MARRIAGE AFTER HUSBAND COMMITS ADULTERY

initially, i thought he wanted me back because he was in dire needs of money amongst other things. but i kept those negative thoughts at bay and work on the positive things.

i treated his family better for one. i became a better person by being nicer to his parents and all. in the past, i couldn't care less and i made it known that i wasn't bothered.

but the positive change in me.. resulted in a positive reaction in my husband.

men are emotional creatures like us. i believe that if he sees my sincerity, he will be moved. there were times, i thought all that i had done was in vain, he was still going out and having nice candle lit dinners with the other woman.. and i cried.. yes, i did... so many times. but when he got back, i am that smiling and concerned wife.

i do not speak for all men but at least, my persistence and perseverance paid off. it took many many many months (and those months, were terribly painful and difficult because it seemed i was living two lives.) but ultimately i guess, my husband was moved and he stopped going out with her.

if i had told him in his face to stop seeing her, it won't work. it must come from him and for him to come to that, i had to put in a lot of work.

Hi Staff,

I really like & appreciate your sharing. Always so encouraging for me...

Just discover the affair not too long...m already feel like living in hell for a long long times...everyday wake up thk, before slp also thk...one day 24 hrs...those awake moments is really misery...i hope i can b so persistent and perseverant like u...waiting for him to come to his sense and come back to us.

Sometimes, i can't help but wonder if anythgs happen to him...will the OW stand by him & take gd care of him ? why is he so blind by the love ? courtship is always very sweet...but marriage is nthgs but gravetomb, burden and problem to him now...

i understd and know that no one can help me...only myself, my change of mindset...i will try to be positive...i nd times to heal & perhap, might even want to set a timeline on my own...who know, by then if he still carry on like that...i might already hv the courage to stand up and leave him with my little one....

dying heart:
happy.gif
(hug)

if you feel yourself needing extra hugs and pats, you know where to find them and me.

I agree it is not easy to forget, my hubby will have that "sweet" memory in him and compared to us, the memory we had is so much worse and heartbreaking. Every now and then, my heart will ache when I think of him ever slept with someone else.

recently, he wanted to go to those pub with his frens and asked me for permission and I said no. I said it is better not to go as who knows what will happen then when you have too much liquor.

My hubby used to think I might not able to live without him and he earned more than me. I told him if he ever did it again, i will make sure his career and reputation gone to the drain.

hi staff
I try to be a more loving wife but every time I think of what he did to me, I am mad and hated that woman. I simply dont have the mood to smile and be nice. I used to be nasty to my family members even to my gals. I could have gone into depression after birth after all these things. I even left home when I was almost due for delivery and my whole family was so worried. I wanted to die at that moment but I did not. I did not want to let that woman have the upper hand and in the end she is the winner.

Hi Emma,

I can understd your mad & hatred for the OW. Pls stay cool now tat ur hb have come back to u...win his heart back....u know if u let ur hb go to those pub with his frenz occasionally, he might be so happy that you are such an understanding wife to him & make him love u even more...

I am waiting & hope that i can see the "sun light" someday.

Emma:
oh, i have those thoughts too! i wanted to ruin that woman's reputation. I have her address, I have her handphone number, I even have her home number.

I also have her photos. I even have photos of her and my husband kissing. Believe you me, when I say I want to ruin her and send all these to the office where both my husband and the other woman work.

I can send all these to the media and make them the talk of town. STOMP is a great place! Haha!

I was so angry, I even entertain thoughts of stabbing my husband while he slept.

But all these thoughts only played out in my mind. I was so angry. Am I still angry now, Yes. But I know I am in control. If you have seen my posts on another thread, I was afraid that I would become a schizo cuz I was living these double life of vengeful person vs doting and loving wife.

But try to be happy and smile more. think of it this way, you are still scheming and plotting but in a positive manner. you can even say that you are being manipulative. does this make you feel better?

you are also making the other woman lose, but by winning over your husband this way, you do not look ugly and wicked. you win "gracefully" and the other woman loses bitterly.

dying heart has a point. let him go but tell him, you are letting him go because you TRUST him. its a risk you are taking by letting him go but you want to trust him. and say it with a smile so that he does not feel threatened. (SCHEMING!!! Hee)

dying heart:
i am very proud of you already. see, you are already taking things positively. the initial stages will be hard, you may even doubt your own words. fear that you may regret after you say them but you will feel better and more confident as time passes.

Hi Staff,

You are right...we need to win gracefully...no point controlling them...it will just make us real ugly & pushing them towards the OW...

reading all your posts has given me the recharge of strength i needed today as again last nite mine didnt come home..sigh....

flower77,

we really nd to give each other some encouragement...i m also very scare & will be desvastated when he meet her...which i m sure they will since he told me tat he love her...

we will undergo alot of roller coaster feeling...really tough & like wat staff say...we might just want to give up...i been asking myself what hv i done to deserve this kind of treatment ? why dun i just let go...but it's all out of love for him & my bb...

Hold on there!

I don't have much to add since I'm already divorced.

But I have to add that generally, men hate confrontations and ultimatums. They will choose to save face above all else. All the women I have spoken directly with who confronted their husbands and gave them ultimatums (leave her or else, never see her again or else) have lost their husbands to the OW or another OW.

Those who chose to (as staff did) treat their philandering husbands well in spite of the circumstances still have their husbands with them.

Personally, I confronted my ex on every OW, and on the next mistress, he got better at hiding/lying/cheating/being a dirty bastard. When I started confronting the OWs, he got more daring and even brought the kids out with them.

Yes, I was "hard" on him and the OW (he has since married the most recent one) was "soft" with him, and I was viewed as the evil wife from hell thereafter...

But for me, I spent half my life with him and I felt and feel that demanding loyalty as his wife and mother of his children is my right. However messed up we were as individuals, we had to work together as a couple to make things right.

I wasn't and will never struggle on my own while he continues to spend time and money on OW while neglecting his wife, children and home to the extent that I had to file a maintenance order to get him to contribute to the children's expenses even before there was any talk of divorce - I figure if that was the case I might as well legally struggle on my own and not have to think/worry about him.

Staff's posts are very encouraging: all of you should read her posts in detail and learn from them!

flower77, dying heart:

ya. we need to give each other encouragement.

take time to cry, its part and parcel of the recovery process. but we must also know when to stop crying.

when i look back at the months that had passed and go through the events that had taken place, the nights my husband was out with the other woman, the love messages they send each other, the eager look on his face when he dropped me off so he could go pick her, etc... i wonder how put up with them.

it is tough and very painful but stay strong. the first few days, weeks and even months will be difficult. but stay positive.

we cant rush things. let events run their course. i used to be very impulsive and i am sure i speak for a lot of women here. and want instant results. but i have learned that patience is really a virtue.

we have done the impulsive and rash way; fight, quarrel, cry, threaten. Now its time to use a different method.

thanks staff and dying heart...hugss....

reading the postings here helped to bring back my courage to fight on..i really very sian...this whole thing blew out of proportion since july this year...as usual he made empty promises on everything...i have gone thru the stage of depression, anger and freaking out.. now still am but no more tears... just had a major confrontation together with the OW to confront my hubby at his workplace...slapped him silly in front of her etc...after dat incident i was surprised he had the guts to come back home slowly after asking permission to come back..slowly it became a daily thing that he came home...initially he made efforts to come home right after work to spend time with son and did all the hsework even on weekends...but recently..his nonsense started again..he comes back home every nite at 2plus am drunk..despite promises to come home earlier at 11plus pm...sigh...i really very tired of trying to talk to him or nag at him again... ppl say..well at least he spend time at home on weekends..but then..it doesnt mean anything..even though we may be sleeping on the same bed..but tats just it..no intimacy no nothing... i oso dunno where is all these leading to...just dat the postings here reminded me dat i needed to work on myself first..dress up etc...which i admit i lacked eversince i got preggy..so now back on my diet pills...which i took for my wedding...once back on track to my ideal weight..will stop and maintain on my own.... at least with my self confidence gained back..i will be a happier person..unlike now..even go supermarket oso he commented i look like aunty with just tshirt and bermudas....sigh... so must headache abt wat to wear cos alot of clothes all cant fit back in yet..sigh..and must put on makeup too..even though merely going ntuc shopping...

Resolution now is to work on myself... then work on next step...at least it takes my mind off him..and when i tempted to do spotchecks at his workplace..i hold back oso..no point going down even if i know more..so wat...nothing will change..so dun bother...

staff,

he got no confident that he will repent & not repeat the mistake...he duno how to face me & my family...

i also want instant results initially...but i dun hv an answer frm him...so waiting patiently is what i can do now...i duno whether it's worthwhile for the wait...but i thk when i look back in future, at least, i know that i hv try my best...it's not me who hv give up...it's him who decide to give us up...becos he is not giving us a 2nd chance...

flower77,

yes, let work on our image & gain back our self-confidence. We must stay attractive...

i really admire & salute u...u hv a face to face confrontation with your hb & the OW. I dun think i hv the courage to do that...just sms exchange btw him & the OW oredi put me very down & off...my hb dun wan me to confront her...so i try to stay cool...be more graceful...cos if i make a big hooha...it's as gd as pushing him to the OW...

umm... least urs tells u the truth..mine just keeps lying and lying that he oredi changed for the better..when in fact it is not known whats on his mind...i still find those beer song dedication slips of newly targeted woman's mobile numbers either in his wallet or his pouch.... to me..he is merely holding on cos of son and also cos he depends on me financially cos he earns half of what i earn and i pay for everything in the hse, my son, my own and even have to give him money for his daily use. he doesnt fork out a single cent...only last mth he started giving me a couple of hundred but end up oso sucked back out from me when he run dry....until now i have nt heard back from him or bothered to call him cos he didnt come back at all last nite... shall i just not bother or what shld i do.......sigh..

dying heart...

i had been waiting for tat confrontation for the longest time ever cos he kept twisting his words in front of me and the OW. until now..me and the OW still talk and keep each other updated in case he trys anything funny again. and the opportunity for the confrontation came when he promised to end it with her dat time..she felt annoyed or for watever reason or motive..she smsed me to tell me to tell him to stop smsing her...and when i confronted him..he denied everything... so the best is to talk face to face to sort out the facts....and i slapped him till his face swollen and black eye lasted for few days when he told me outright he loved her and only back for sake of son.... now he back though he says give it time to heal between us...in my heart...all that he is doing is fake... so i went back to see my doctor to buy the slimming med again last evening. so happy to start on my newfound resolution for now..hehehe....

dying heart:
my husband said the same things! he couldn't even look at me when he came over to pass me my letters. he said he was too ashamed. but he continued to see the other woman and live in "guilt"

i have heard all these before. and i told my husband then, you go and find out what you want. if you want a cooling period, then let it be a real cooling period; meaning no "me" and no "the other woman". if the cooling period is for him to think and find out what he wanted. but i told him, if you want the cooling period so that i am out of the way and you can go out daily with the other woman, then? you have already chosen.

flower77:
my husband also depends on me financially. his pay only pays for the monthly installments for the car. he spent a bomb (5 figure sum) modifying the car and every month is paying installments for that too.

when i moved back, i received a nasty sms from him scolding me (using many of the f-word) about how cold i have become and how i can't lift a finger to help him pay his bills.

i pay for all, his cigarettes, his petrol, even give him allowances to spend when he is low, i pay for my girl's sch, uniform, milk, necessities, toys, our vacations overseas.

but i give him a lot of face, i always tell his little girl that daddy and mummy bought this for you. his friends have no idea that i pay for the petrol in the car, or the insurance of the car at times.

okay this aside...

yes flower77, dying heart, work on ourselves first.

i lost a lot of weight during those times but i look at it positively. i got myself nice clothes, and i started wearing make up. not much, just blusher .. give your face some colour.

i used to think, my husband not that shallow, afterall he fell in love with me, when i was wearing pjs; he came over to fix my computer .. he was a friend of my sister's then bf.

but after this lesson, i realised that all men are shallow. i used to wear those oversized dress t-shirts as pjs, now i wear those bicycle shorts at home. haha. i told myself. he works in the company with the other woman and only comes back at 7-8pm. then sleep at 11.. not much time at home, i must make full use of the time he is at home and appear appealing at least. so i dump those aunty pjs.

emma:
if you are reading this, you can say i am plotting too. haha. in fact, my moves are calculated and measured. i plan to look good at home.

ladies, and one more thing, i try not to change infront of him. i used to think that husband and wife already, can wear bra when he is in the room , or pluck my brows and armpit hair. but i stopped. i dont want him to see so much of me (naked) unnecessary. same logic as those erotic dancers, they never expose all their skin because see a bit, dont see a bit, is always more exciting.

flower77:
do you cook? you have not heard from him since ... maybe you can text him and say "will you be home tonight, i am cooking dinner.
happy.gif
" something like that.. not threatening.

ya. now you have a new focus, its easier to pass time.
happy.gif

don't worry, or be discouraged if your husband doesnt notice or compliment you. men are like that, once other pp notice how good you look, your husband will get jealous.

singlemomof3:
thank you!

i want my marriage to work ... but i also have back up plans.

after all, i have been bitten once. if it happens again, i will make sure that he loses all.

if we cant talk about love (i am sure he will tell me "...But i don't love you anymore.")then lets just farking talk business!

flower & staff,

the 2 of u are really very noble...u actually provide financial support to ur hb...for me, it's my hb who provide most of the financial support...i m oso working but i spend my own $$ cos not earning alot...

i agree...cooling period should means no contact btw the 2 parties...i wonder should i just go for a short break myself...away from him...but will tat give him the chance to be with the OW openly since i m not ard ?

frenz of mine thk it's very stupid of me to hold on...but they can never understd the delimma & pain i m goin thru...stay heartache...dun stay also heartache...just now, i m thinking...will i still be like that next year X'mas or i hv decide to let go once & for all ?

Hi staff & dying heart

hee..nope..i dun cook..in fact he is the cook at home..cos he used to be a jap chef and now he doesnt carry a mobile phone cos his line got terminated cos nvr pay money..so only way to get hold of him is to call his office but he always nvr pick up the phone especially at nite so we really dunno if he really working or with someone else. well..all i can say is he is spoilt by me and his mum..we like atm machines..sigh...even car loan guarantor oso me...really gimme big headache.

dying heart:
one thing i realise abt women like us. when we love someone, we love completely and give wholeheartedly.

we will go all out to help our husbands. we are not noble, its just us.

like lin lin, and what my sister told me. if i had given up last yr, things and life for me and my girl now would have settled down already.

i would have rented my own place or gotten my own place and i would have gotten used to doing a lot of things myself, and not having a man around.

i dont deny. when i was living apart from my husband, life was easier in some sense. i suddenly found myself catching up with my family and relatives more. i could bring my girl out to events or not and i didnt have to worry that i couldnt go just because it was my husband who didnt want to go.

financially, i was a lot easier too because i didn't have to spend $350 on petrol and $200 on cigarettes.

dying heart,
your friends are not in the situation. dun even have to say its your friends. just look at ourselves, way back then when we were dating, what did we tell our husbands then boyfriends? "If you ever break my heart, i will leave you!"

logically, thats what anyone will do. but emotionally, its a different thing. they are not in the same situation to understand what you are going through and i pray that no one else will ever have to go through all these heartache.

dear, if you want to go away, then do so. dun worry about him having a good time with the other woman.

but while you are away, remember your primary objective; be happy! treat yourself better! enjoy yourself.
if you are going to be upset there, then it defeats the purpose of going.

dying heart
let go only when you feel that you have done your best! honestly, i am "lucky" that he turned around. "lucky" because our family is still intact. but "unlucky" because i still have to continue to finance him. but if i am going to dwell on all these things that i am unhappy about him, we will go back to where we were and we will start fighting again.

i know that if we were to stay together, i will have to "shut up" about a lot of things, i cant complain and bitch about the things i am unhappy about like in the past.

but i learn to keep my mouth shut or say things in a different manner that doesnt hurt him as much.

actually, in some ways, i am thankful that this happened to me because i can say now that i always think before i do or say things. i am not as impulsive as before. i have learnt a lot.

flower:
i see. hmm.. no other way of contacting him then... call office, leave message. you dont cook but if you tell him you are, that will be a pleasant surprise.
happy.gif

dying heart...hugs...

agree..everyone else tells us to just let go and no point being sad..but until they are the ones going thru the same thing as us..they will never understd its not just not dat easy as they deem it to be...i oso dilema for very long liao... to go or not to go.... but reading this thread has given me the strength to go further and push for my sliming resolution and not bother so much... when i have successfully lost weight...then the roles will change...hahahaha....let's see who gets the last laugh...with our confidence regained.. we might be the one dumping them by then...hahahaha...cos we definitely deserve better...

flower:
heee... ya. now they think they have the upper hand. but its okay to lose a battle, when we can win the war.

Staff: totally agree..kekekeke.....

cant leave message either cos his is a retail shop....frankly..i dun think he will even bother..even when my son was having high fever for few days...verbally he says ok he be hme early to see his son...but physically...he back home drunk at 2-3am.....

flower:
what about weekends? wake up early and make breakfast?

i suppose both you and your boy would be in bed by the time he gets home. what about leaving messages on the fridge for him to see?

leave some messages with smiley faces, leave some messages on what your boy has done for the day, some funny incidents. or let him know if you have planned to cook and for him to let you know (can write on the message) if he will be back.

dun give up if initially get no response. continue.. i believe he will look forward to these messages .. give him a month or two.

your husband is a cook! wow! does he openly criticize your cooking? but he does about your dressing, right? hmmm... maybe when he does that again, you cheekily ask him "then next time, you go shopping with me and let me know what looks good on me." or something to that effect. or when he says your cooking is lousy, then you tell him nicely, "you must teach me mah, give me tips so that i can cook as well as you."

nowadays, i find myself saying this a lot to my husband "Yah, you are right... " before i want to say what i want to say. make him feel important. haha.

Staff,

yes, u r right...when we love someone, we will love completely & give wholeheartedly...wat hv these man done to deserve this kind of love frm us...they r really "sheng zai fu zhong, bu zhi fu"...

yes, i m also too emotional...i always follow my heart but not logic...otherwise, would hv file for divorce rather than holding back...y make myself live in misery everyday?...2day, i feel very very moody & down...ur posts always make me feel better...

this affair make me change my mindset completely...just within such a short period of times...i realise tat i hv grown up alot...

flower,

i hope and thk we will be able to survive this battle...even if we end up divorce, we didn't lost completely cos we might live a happier life without them in future...who know ? we might be able to find a true love...a man who really deserve our love...

let all hugs & pat each other in this difficult time....

Hi gals,
did not post for a few days cos my son is sick.

staff n dying heart,
our girls are the same age..my girl oso 15 mths old.

u noe..it is vv hurting..esp i noe tt they are working in the same company..i wanted him to quit..but so what if he quit,he really wants,he can meet her outside or he can meet someone new.

one thing i cant understand is tt..how can a couple after breaking up, can still be frens n colleagues working in a same company.maybe under normal circumstances..they can..but this is an abnormal relationship.dun they feel weird?

i hve evidence of them coming back from a trip..n like staff,i feel like sending it to their boss n ruin them.n i even hve her numbers n where she stay..n many times,feel like telling her parents..but wat do i want achieve out of this?i may feel happy for a while cos i got my revenge n oso let them feel how hurting it is..it is oni for a while..

when our marriage has prob..i try to be the nice wife..try to control my temper..be nice to him..even if the response i got is very negative.n oso try not to look like an auntie..but all these things, does not touch him..he still continue with the woman..i feel very demoralising..n hurting..every night,i hope tt i do not wake up the next day..when will i see the sun, n rainbow..when will this thing be over..

frankly i do not noe if he guilty or not.if he is guilty..then he shd stop seeing the woman right? n will not go on the trip with her.
this is wat i find it hard to accept. on one hand he is telling mi tt he is trying for the marriage..on the other,he still go on the trip with her..

n oni after the trip then they break..y cant they break earlier?

how u accept him again?this is a qns which i hve been asking myself..no doubt tt i still love him..but this relationship is blemished..can i accept it again?

many times i'm vv angry with him..how come he dun treasure wat he has?it is not easy to hve wat we have now..even our kids..we dun get them easily..n how can he fall for another person within such a short period of time. what m i to him? all these yrs with him..means nothing to him?

i feel like leaving him with my kids..so tt he will feel the lost..n maybe "wake up" cos all these while we are at his side..is oni when we not there..maybe he will come to his senses..but there is also a possibility tt he will not be..then we will be living separate lives..n can i live with tt? i dunno.

i really envy both of u..having the support fr your family. my mum does not support mi..she wans mi to give him time to change..but i guess no one can understand how we really feel unless those who hve been thru this..living like this is very torture..

He is the closest person to me..n yet,he does such things n it is like overnight, we become like that which I cant accept, I have been trying to search for answers, till now, Im still trying to but I know, there isnt any at all..n I keep thinking that isit my fault that things turn out this way? Isit my bad character that push him away? Isit things tt I do that make him no more feelings for mi? I feel like such a failure for not being able to made him continue to hve feelings for mi..Why he can like this woman, but he cant like mi again? Am I such a bad person tt he cant live with n wans a D? when I think of this..i will be sad and bu gan xin.

staff,
u do feel tt feelings may come back?dunno y i vv negative..n no confidence..
he said he do not know abt others..but for him..once is gone..it is very difficult to come back..
he said until like this..how to get motivated when he himself is negative n think this way?
many times i keep thinking..we have 10 yrs of relationship..isit so hard for him to try to like mi again?

how to make him have feelings for mi?i really dunno how.

i noe i can either choose to hold on to the pain n live or let it go n live..but is so difficult to do it.

i still feel very pain n hurt whenever i think of them going for the trip..how i wish someone can take away the pain.but i noe there isn't.

i feel very drained both emotionally n physically..i find tt i hve tried my best..maybe my best is not the best..but i hve been trying for quite long liao..but there is no response from him..
i noe tt i shd not hve any expectation fr him..but as human..i cant help it..always hope tt he will hve some response to the things tt i hve done.

he said he will treat mi as fren..he noes tt he can adjust to treat mi as fren..even as a very good one..but cant treat mi as a wife now after all that has happen..n oso in the future..he oso dunno..
if cant be husband n wife..then we just remain as frens..

he is someone who must hve feelings then can do things one..
when he has feeling,he will initiate to ask u out,tok to u n be initimate with u..tt's y..i'm so hurting..he cant do all these to mi who has been with him for 10 yrs.but he can do all these to the woman who he has been with for a couple of mths..

i find it absurd to live like this..so what does he mean? treat mi as a fren..then emotionally he is not being held back..so things can fall back to the past..he can fall for another woman..then still can come home to the kids..cos got mi to take care of the hse n the kids..then wat abt mi?

i gave him ultimatium..i dunno is good or bad..i told him tt i cant live this..i cant stay in a marriage without feelings..to me..marriage,feelings n family are all linked..if he wans the family..he will hve to wan the others too..n work with mi..
i can give him time n wait.but i won't wait for forever..if he has no intention of making this marriage work..

frankly..is tough lah..everyday,i feel like quitting..i dunno how long i can still tahan...

sorry for the long posting.

Hi all,

I guess the important thing is to know what we want and go for it. Life have its trials and hardship and in the end the most important thing is that we learn from it and be at peace with ourselves and be happy with our choices.

Stuff, I am not saying it is better off to leave the guy. Every relationship is different and how strong our feelings are for our husbands are different. You have decided you want your husband and your marriage and a complete home your your daughter. you fight for what you want and believe in. That's something to be proud about.

flower77, my hb is like yours too. He lied that the affair has stop and he no longer have feelings for the woman but his actions say other wise. I feel that if you want to fight for your marriage then go for it. But if you are unsure now that's okay also. I was unsure for almost a year on whether I want to keep the marriage or not even if he really end the affair.

Forgetmenot, hope your son is better. It can be trying when the kids are sick. the same questions keep going in my head when I found out too. We were together for more than 10 years. I gave him an ultimatum too. He did not say lets be friend etc but thats how it is. Every time he thank me for taking care of my kid, I will just think that thats all I am to him, his son's mother. And I don want that kind of marriage. I paint for him the visioin of the marriage I want. He says we will get there, but in the end its all lies.

forget me not, dying heart, I agree that waiting/trying forever is not the answer, just need to give it enough time so that you know the path you wanna take. Its a good to decide on a time frame that you will try too e.g. 1 yr or 2 yrs.

Just keep yourself looking good and happy. I did that and it keeps things in the house pleasant and my mood up. and it helps me think clearer about what I want too. Although, hb continue cheating in secret he is much more affectionate than before and try to spent more time with the family. Hopefully the better relationship will bring about a amicable divorce for my kids sake.

Forgetmenot,

I hv the same feeling as u...oso hoping tat i will not wake up the next day & when will i see the sun, n rainbow..when will this thing be over..it's definitely a mental & physical torture for us going thru this...

my hb been coming hm late every nite & sometimes i m too tire to wait & fall asleep...dun hv alot of chance to see him & talk to him...he is like trying to avoid me...like that go on, i really duno how to salvage my marriage...i feel so rejected when he is not making the effort to come home earlier to play with my kid or talk to me...

i was filled with hope this moment but the next moment...i lost all my strength...

i also keep thinking why our relationship is nthgs compare to someone whom he has known for just a few mths...

yes, man are selfish...the want the best of both world...they want the "in love" passion/feelings outside & then come hm to the kid & wife when he is tire...

lin lin,

yes, i won't wait forever for the answer...i will give myself another half or 1 year to sort out my own feeling...i dun wan to live in this kind of life 4ver...everyday is living in sadness & fear....not knowing when is he seeing the OW...i will oso take these period to try to heal on my own...so that i will b able to walk out without turning back...

Lin lin,
i'm sorry that you have decided to proceed with the D..how are you coping? hope tt you are ok..
guess..it is never easy to come up with such decision..
did your ultimatium works? does it make you hubby to work harder to save this marriage?

frankly,i'm now also just the mother to his kids..n nothing else..it is so disheartening to know tt..afterall i have been with him for so many yrs..n wat do i get?nothing..
i try to make a good decision..but whenever i start thinking..i jsut get more confused..i cant get a peace of mind..n cant make a good decision..i dunno y..

isit cos i cant let go of him?or wat other reasons tt i cant make a good decision.

dying heart,
you have one daughter?actually i always think tt if i hve one child..i will just leave..but cos i hve 2..i find it harder to leave..maybe it is just an excuse for not leaving or what..i dunno..
last time i used to think tt if my hubby ever has affair..i will leave..
but after having children..my mindset change..
it is hard..n difficult..but i'm still hanging on for their sake.

if i dun try for one last shot..i will be depriving them of having a complete family which i think they deserve.

staff,
same like forgetmenot..i oso feel negative..i find tt the future is very bleak..n i dun think my hubby will get back his feelings for mi.
i told him many times,things tt he can do..like maybe go movies,or giving mi a lift..but he finds tt all these will not make our relationship closer..n he never do it

cos he no more feelings for mi..hence he cant do all these..n i find no effort coming from his part to save this marriage..it is so disheartening n heartbreaking..is like no matter how i hard try..i just cant get him back.

he is simply staying for the kids..not for mi n our marriage..
just the other day..i told him..is either he make effort to try or just let us go.i cant live like this..i cant live that we are friends, family..but family in the sense tt i'm just the mother to his kids n nothing else..

guess what happen..these few days..he starts to sms mi,to ask if i wanted a lift..but in the car,he dun talk to mi..i'm the one always initiating to talk..i still get echo back when i talk to a wall..but when i talk to him..there is no response..

i dunno if this is consider effort or not..but he really did it..i must give him abit of credit for it..
though there are still alot of things he is not making effort..anyway..dunno if such effort will last or not..

actually if he did tt earlier,i will be happy..but now,i dun feel a thing..isit cos i dun love him anymore..or after getting disappointment so many times..tt i dun feel a thing anymore?

wat else can i do to make him love him again?i really dunno liao..i hve done all the things..be nice to him..try to change my temper..n try to dress up...but all these does not work..he still hve the other woman..
but now..he told mi tt is over bet them..cos the woman initiate break up..

forget me not:
my husband's affair apparently started when i was in my last trimester and i didnt find out till my girlwas 8-9 months old. after my girl was born, we fought a lot cuz he was out every fri and sat night, citing catching up with his friends as reason. i always asked him if he had plans on fri evening, if not we could watch dvd or something. he would agree, then at 7pm, would text me and say "back late" and he would come back at 3-4am.

the "ex-lovers cum colleagues cum "friends" theory" sorry, i also dont buy it. i know my husband is close with her, once, his zipper spoiled and he told her! i mean, "WTF???!!!?!?!" but i didn't make any noise. just kept quiet. she goes to the toilet, she will inform him. its that kind of intimacy they have now as "friends"
and if you ask me, i find it bullshit! i don't tell my male colleagues who is just sitting within ear shot that i am going to the loo.

this trip that they went on, recently? does your husband know that you know? men are like that, they will go on because they think you don't know. actually thats what my husband told me, "what you don't know won't hurt you and i can live my life with you". i told him in the face, then our marriage would be a shame and a lie.

have you spoken to him about the trip? i still believe what i said earlier, if our husbands are distracted by another woman, our concern for them are deemed as entrapment. he enjoys this thrill with the other woman because she is NEW; there are lots to be discovered. however for us, we have been with our husbands since... forever and to them, they think they know everything about us already, we are old news, stale and ready for the trash.

They can think whatever they want of us! BUT mummies and ladies here, i beg of you NEVER to think this way of yourselves.

YOU ARE GREAT WOMEN AND MOTHERS. We let our emotions get in the way and we become that "crazy, miserable, forever-crying, hysterical bitch" because we love our men too much and they hurt us.

men love thrills, and excitement. wives and children are responsibilities and reality. men want to have fun and we are not fun in that way.

dear, your husband is not giving himself a chance. he said for him, feelings will not come back because he is distracted with the other woman. he rather live a new life with a new person because he doesnt have to come back and do the hard work;
mend his relationship with you. that is cowardly behaviour.

i was very heartbroken when my husband said this to me. he told me he could not leave the other woman because she told him she wanted to have his child. i wanted to slap him in the face because I bloody bore him one, didnt i??? you see, when they are distracted, and when they want out, they say the darnest things and when you have reasons to retort them, they say you are very good, they can never win in fights with you.

please do not feel that you are getting no where. because if you take a step back, and see... you have become a better person. if your husband still refuses to see, (i say "refuses" because believe you me, if you have changed this drastically, anyone would have noticed.) then he is a real ass.

take it this way, you have become a better person, you have become stronger emotionally because you know you can know and have done all you can to save the situation.

but i want to remind you. You must talk to him about the trip and let him know your feelings. don't make him feel trapped. dont say you have done this for him or that for him but tell him, you know it is difficult for him to just end it with the other woman, but you know he is trying. use reverse psychology.

don't give up. you are making good progress. i also told my husband that i know he was seeing the other woman still and that stopped him
eventually. just remember not to cry. stay calm.

Lin lin:
you are a wonderful person.
happy.gif

we all know the saying "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" and our husbands are like that. sigh.

what i am doing in this thread, on one hand, i am trying to get the ladies here to save their marriage but i realised i am not really needed because all of us here want to save our marriage. but i also want to let the wonderful mommies here
know that, we cant let the men ruin our lives for us. look at how much tears we have shed, how much sleep we have lost,how much pain we had endured.

we are a paler shade of our former self! and who finds that appealing? we need to live better for ourselves, for our little ones!

dilemma33:
its a terrible roller-coaster ride. there are moments of ups (which you might not think so) and moments of downs (which you feel are a lot)
but we need to keep ourselves positive! at the moment now, it is all pain and heartache, but remember all these will pass.

ladies here,
please .. let us keep a positive mind. if in the future, we choose to end our marriages with our husbands, let there be no regrets on our
part. Regrets and guilt will eat us alive!

but until then, we can come here and moarn and groan and whine and we can all give ourselves a big bear hug after that. But we must pick ourselves up, give
each other the encouragement and strength to walk that extra mile each day.

no one will pity us, if they do, they will only do it for so long. and we don't need their pity. we must find our own strength
to walk our own paths.

chin up, girls. its a bright new day! we can either cry and hide the day away or we can busk in the sunshine outside and live like there is no morrow!

hi ladies

wat a freaking morning...sigh...i now know why my hub comes home drunk everynite..

i found a mobile phone in his pants pocket tis morning with a new line which i nvr knew of..and i read thru the msgs...he been going pubs and out with gals..if i not wrong these are filipino gals....freaking bxxxxxd....arggg....i took his phone with me to work and started msging all those women altogether saying....Dears .....with the names listed out one after another..saying we shld all meet for drinks together....haaaaaa...he had msgs too saying miss u to them and see them in his dreams....i really dunno wat to do with him man....argggg.....

can anyone tell me what shld i do going forward? i will deny tat i took his phone..just let him think he left it in the cab last nite when he was drunk...sigh....dun think he will even dare ask me abt the phone cos it was meant to be kept away from me without my knowledge.....

flower:
but will the girls tell him that they received texts from his phone?

does he usually have a habit of going to pubs in the past? or is it a recent new found hobby?

what about coming up with some activities in the evenings that will occupy him? the one thing i realised, initially our weekends were boring... but now i involve our friends who little ones of course, go cycling or swimming.. take his mind off this bachelor lifestyle and mindset does he go alone or with friends? does anyone else know? is there someone who can talk to him?

dont say anything about the phone. i also dun thnk he will breathe a word abt it to you too.

do you have to pay for his credit card bills?

they can tell him but since he can deny to me..i can do the same...sigh...

he did maybe i nvr knew its this serious...nope..i dun have to pay for his bills..one of the sms from one of the gal even thanked him for buying her a birthday on 12 Dec...arrgg

i am so mad..i am like ready to walk into the lawyers office anytime now....

i gave him so many chances...yesterday over the phone can even tell me he love me....yucks..my foot....

Hi ladies,

I am feeling very dishearted & defeated now...cos i realise tat he was out the whole day yestersday with the OW....i hv suspected somethgs when his mood is so gd yestersday cos the OW was not in SG...she is finally back & they mtg up...he never text me or call me yestersday to remind me to take my lunch or dinner which he usually did the past few days...so i text him...his reply is so cold...i tell him he is so cold & he deny it...dun understd wat i m saying...he says his dept hv teambuilding & so i ask him whether it's has ended...he says hv dinner later....i call him when i m home...as usual the backgrd is not noisy....i wait & wait...he is finally hm close to 12am...& wat he wants to do it sleep...which i thk he is guilty...tat why he choose sleep to avoid talking to me...i go & check his haversack...guess wat, i saw some medicine and MC....he was actually on MC yestersday....instead of going to work...he took MC just to spend the day with the bitch....i am so angry and i cry....i question him but as usual, he deny...after tat he finally confessed mtg her...but oni for dinner cos he did go for the teambuilding in the afternoon...pls, i m not a fool...u go & take MC & still go for teambuilding...dinner can eat until so late....

after this incident...i realise tat i m not so noble like staff...i simply cannot take it tat he is mtg her...i try to give our marriage another chance...i really try to change myself...i wan him to know tat i m willing to start afresh with him so long he leave her...but he didn't...he disappointed me again & again...he hurt me again & again...i m just a woman who wants my hb to remain faithful to me & live a happy family with my bb....he is not willing to change...he told me tat he been coming home late becos i dun let him zzz...if i know tat he is tire & he didn't do anythgs behind my back...will i insist tat he stay awake...

i m very very upset....i feel tat he dun deserve to hv my bb & me...he dun deserve to hv a happy family...he dun deserve me to cry for him...frm the moment he choose to mtg tat woman...he oredi give up this family...action speak louder than word...he keeps saying he hv not make his choice but his action already show...if he wants to salvage this marriage...he wouldn't hv continue with her....i want to trust him & i really trust him tat he go for teambuilding...never did i expect him to take MC & spend the day with her...

I dun seems to recognise him anymore...my heart & love for him seems to fade slowly...i dun wan to pin any more hope for him to come back to us...he won't change cos he himself dun wan to change...

i thk my bb & i deserve a better life without him ard...very likely i will leave him...i simply dun wan to go thru all these heartache again & again...

dying heart, flower:
okay.

if you feel that you have done your best and your husbands are not appreciative and they continue their decadent lifestyles.

and you have made up your minds to leave them, it is also progress. you know yourselves better than anyone else.

happy.gif

Staff,

I also hope to be like you waiting patiently for his return...but i thk i can't take it...cos i never like to share...i m very tire very tire...

Maybe, i hv learn how to protect myself during my younger day...so when this things happen again...i can pick myself up faster...but i know the road ahead won't be easy esp, being a single mother....but i want my bb to be happy...better than wait till she grow up & realise tat her daddy is like tat...

I m oredi taking my first step out of this...unless, he really learn his lesson & want to give us a chance...else, i m ready to go to the lawyer office...

dying heart, flower

Deciding what to do is something we have to do eventually but one thing we need to be sure of is that we have thought carefully about it, rather than leaving in a moment of anger.

That said, there is no harm going to the lawyer's office and get consultation and the divorce pertition drafted out. Its good to know your options before you make the final decision. there a plenty of things to consider. e,g, house, parenting arrangement and alimony etc.

stuff,
your mail is always inspiring and I believe it had help lots of mommys who want to save their marriage but don't know how.

dilemma33,
I am feeling relieve with my decision and it really help me deal with his late nights and nonsenses more nochalantly. I am just worried he might turn nasty when the letter is finally serve to him.

About not be able to think clearly and decide now, I feel that its okay. Give your self time to recover from the shock, enjoy being with yourself and take time to read, tlk to people and pamper yourfelf. It took me 2 months before I ask my lawyer to go ahead and sent the first letter. After that this thing has been ding donging for a year.

As for the Ultimatiums:
My first ultimatium was last year. I never tell him to "do this or else" directly. At that time he say he want a divorce but act like he doesn't. So my ultimatium was the lawyer's letter. He was very angry and abused me verbally then. But he asked me to reconsider after a few days. I did give some conditions which he did not fufill. I waited till june this year, then I told him that I feel there is no progress and I will just give it another 2 months. He did not say any thing then and did not do the things I asked. But he tried to treat me nicer and bring me out to nice places for food. I know I am better off than lots of women with philandering husband in that sense but for me those are just frills. Whats the point when he is not repentant? In that contest, the gifts and diners feels like bribes.

pls dun go to the divorce stage so fast.. maybe can go on separation 1st.. if after 3yrs the other party nv change divorce oso not too late rite? at least give each other a chance..

lin lin,

Not that i never give us a chance...he choose not to listen & still go ahead to meet the OW...when he is out with her...hv he ever give a thots abt me & my bb ? he simply ignore me yestersday...no sms, no call...i m the one who take the initiative to text him & call him...

this really trigger me...let me hv the strength & courage to leave him...at this moment, i feel hatred and disgusted...i ask myself...why i choose to let this man hurt me again & again ? no matter wat fault i hv, he oso cannot hurt me like this...

how can he hv the best of both world ? he go out & hv fun with that woman...after tat, he come back home to sleep...i dun want an empty body with no heart...he tells me he is stress...i m worst...i m living in hell everyday eversince i discover abt his affair...

i thk abt him having nice candle light dinner with that woman...u know wat i hv for dinner yestersday...just a glass of milk to give myself some energy...

the more i thk abt all these...the more determine i m to leave him alone...he can go out openly with the OW...i dun wan to be part of his life anymore...

i have oredi booked an appt with my lawyer for next wed to draw up the DOS. talked to the unfaithful man just now..he kept denying...i got nothing else to say to him..i told him congratulations on his newfound freedom..he doesn deserve me and my son... told him i will proceed to file for separation next week. so just look out for the legal documents.

Back