Anyone here with Professor Choolani also?

Hi All,

Due to my multiple pregnancy losses, my gynae. Dr Loh at tmc has referred me to see Professor Choolani. My hubby and I consulted him on 22 July this year, and will be under him for high-risk pregnancy due to my recurrent miscarriages.

Just interested to know anyone of you under him too?

Do you see him in NUH recurrent pregnancy loss clinic, or private suite in Mount Elizabeth Novena.

I see him in private suite.

Maybe we can start a group here too, so we can support and encourage each other through the ttc journey.

1st mc in nov 2011, water bag broke out of the blue. Suspected Cervix Incompetence (CI) or bacteria. 2nd mc in oct 2012 was twin, did cervical cerlage to hold the cervix but still stitch tore and happen again. We did a lot of tests, from blood tests, ultrasound and others at different timing during menses as well. Found out that I have a bacteria called gardenalla suspected to attack the cervix and cause it to early dilate. Also, I have Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT), so some sub factors that might all lead to mc… The thing is you might not know the root causes after all the tests but all suspecting factors or adding them up cause the risk and etc. However, it does give you a clue when you next pregnant to monitor all those and hope to bring the pregnancy in better control and to deliver a healthy baby in return. So when I was pregnant, I saw Prof Choolani frequently for 1st trimester to have progesterone jabs, meds and checks. Also endrologist and dietian to control my blood sugar and diet.. Check out my blog here for more information - http://feliciatan22.com/i-am-pregnant-2/

Hi felicia,

I see. At least under Prof, you managed to have a son. I am hoping that under him, I will be able to have at least 1 live pregnancy as well. My gynae. Dr Loh SF gave up on me already, he exhausted all the options. Each time when my husband and I see him for review, and ask him what next, he will just suggest us to go to Cambodia, Thailand or India for surrogacy; or for 3rd or 4th generation IVF.

Actually, incompetent cervix is quite common too. My previous personal trainer told me that his wife suddenly gave birth to a stillborn baby boy who checked out totally healthy in the hospital at 5 months pregnancy last year (2014) in July or so, when he was preparing his dinner in the kitchen one evening. He was so heartbroken after that. The Dr said his wife was suffering from CI too. After that, he brought his wife to see tcm in North Bridge Road (the one I am seeing now to tiao my body); but so far, no good news yet.

Sure, will check out your blog.

Hi Felicia,

I have been reading your blog, and realized that you have been through a very tough ttc journey as well.

May I know how old are you when you conceived your son successfully this year, if you do not mind?

Hi were u under NUH or his private practice?

Hi Xephilia, I have just started seeing prof choolani after three losses (two were suspected to be due to incompetent cervix). Are you having this condition too? Saw him today and he told me I hv a naturally short cervix. My previous gynae measured mine as 2.45cm. Thks.

Back