Anyone going prenatal yoga?

Averie

I am in tri 2 week 16 now and I am thinking of doing prenatal yoga. Any good school or instructor to recommend? Or anyone keen to go together?

I am keen.
happy.gif
been doing research online today and came across your thread. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant. This is my second one.

u can try como shambala.. i attend my normal yoga class there ... its at forum...

for info, if u are not new to yoga, u can actually attend the normal classes if ur body allow ... better to ask the trainers...

banner: from what i know, that sch dont really reccomend ppl to do yoga at such early stage, as it is unstable..

I tot of going 'inspire mum & baby' for prenatal yoga. After birth can bring baby to do baby yoga. Keke...
I used to do yoga at HomYoga near my office at raffles place but they don't have Prenatal yoga and theirs are mostly hot yoga class not suitable for preg.

Banner you can't until u are trimester 2.
First trimester u should refrain urself from all forms of exercise including walking.

Thanks for the advise ladies. I know I can only start after 12th weeks since it is so unstable.Just doing research early in case I need to place reservations now. Since so many dragon babies are born this year.

they goes by session .. the highest one is 50 session for $1070 .. round up to abt $19 per class..

other than 1st trimester is unstable, i believe there are other reasons as well... do u know ladies should not do yoga during menses as well.. its not a NONO 100% cant during menses, but when we do yoga while havin menses, we tend to bleed more cos it stimulate the different 'points' .. thus certain position are not recommended to do during menses ...

i'm12 weeks today. i wanna start my prenatal yoga too. looking for afforadable ones... i'm worried it might cause contraction. is it true that it might not be suitable for everyone?..

I think most importantly the teacher has to be good and well qualified to teach so that he or she is able to explain well so to prevent over exertion or injuries by the students.

babydreamy - When I had my classes back then, prenatal yoga actually helped me to reduce the frequency of Braxton Hicks towards the end of my pregnancy.

I was thankful to have done prenatal yoga for both my pregnancies. I highly recommend it to all of you because it makes my pregnancy and getting back into shape so much easier.

I think most importantly the teacher has to be good and well qualified to teach so that he or she is able to explain well so to prevent over exertion or injuries by the students.

babydreamy - When I had my classes back then, prenatal yoga actually helped me to reduce the frequency of Braxton Hicks towards the end of my pregnancy.

I was thankful to have done prenatal yoga for both my pregnancies. I highly recommend it to all of you because it makes my pregnancy and getting back into shape so much easier.

Bearbear, where you go for your prenatal yoga the last time?
I am from Jan13 MTB, one of the mummy Angelicious is organizing prenatal yoga at Bishan CC. The instructor name 'Rita'. We need more participants to start a class. You may wanna consider join us.

Hi Mommies, does anyone have any recommendations for prenatal yoga classes near to Sengkang west? Am searching for my wife now and she's about 10wks preggers atm.

Hi Jeremy
Our Prenatal Yoga classes helps mothers-to-be create open and grounded spaces for women to prepare themselves and their bodies for labour, delivery and motherhood. There are classes on Sunday evenings 1t 1104A Serangoon Road, near Boon Keng (NEL MRT).
Do contact us at [email protected] for more infor.

I am currently in my 21st week and already attended about 5 lessons of yoga. I personally find it very good cos there are lots of stretching exercises which really do aid my backaches and make me more relaxed. Also teaches us breathing and keeping calm to prepare for labor. I took mine from Inspire Mum & Babes at tanjong pagar. Went to both classes on Thurs and Sat and find both instructors pretty good.
happy.gif

oh! i'm into my 21st week now & planning to joining the prenatal yoga at Tanjong pagar (inspire Mum)! will start this thurs.
happy.gif

Jeremy, Im in my 35th week and had mine prenatal massage in wabi sabi in Clarke quay. The class is held on every sat at 145pm and I really enjoyed the class.

Somehow I felt that I have relatively less aches due to these prenatal classes...
happy.gif

anyone taking prenatal yoga classes during weekends? can make some recommendations? preferably near bishan or bedok.

For anyone keen to take on pre-natal yoga, can try Como Shambhala.

I've been taking normal yoga classes there and 'upgraded' to PN yoga ever since. There's lunch time class at 12.30pm too
happy.gif

I was a student at 'Inspire Mums & Baby' last yr.
Am thinking of going for another pre-natal yoga this yr.

Ish Como Shambhala that good? Seems expensive...

hello, it's at delfi orchard. $40 for single session or $315 for 10 sessions (4 months validity). I like the place and the instructor lay peng is not bad...plus weekends they have class on both sat and sunday + weekdays after work so it's quite flexible. Other places i've researched on would be Hom Yoga and Yoga Inc...but i havent been there before. Depends on what works for you HTH :D

Back