Anyone going for IVF at KKH in June?

kris0ng

Hi, i am new here.. anyone going for ivf at kkh in June? Perhaps we can journey along the way in this thread!

Hi @jeslyn1983 , I am aso quite looking forward to it..but still harbour some hopes in every mths before IVF officially start

Mi too. My af getting ready to come le. Having brown spotting le. Faster come faster finish. Then nxt mth can start ivf officially

Usually if gt spotting le it means af getting to.come rite. Nt high chances of bfp rite?

Last edited:
Mi too. My af getting ready to come le. Having brown spotting le. Faster come faster finish. Then nxt mth can start ivf officially

Usually if gt spotting le it means af getting to.come rite. Nt high chances of bfp rite?
Not necessary...I know some ppl can have some spotting in their early pregnant stages..then in this case, will have to get some support meds from the doctor

Hi, i am new here.. anyone going for ivf at kkh in June? Perhaps we can journey along the way in this thread!

Me! Im schedule for IVF in June. My IUI #2 was unsuccessful when AF show up on Mon when i was due for BT. =( Will be going for IVF briefing nx 2 wks.

Ive got questions. How much does the briefing cost and is it medisave claimable?

Me! Im schedule for IVF in June. My IUI #2 was unsuccessful when AF show up on Mon when i was due for BT. =( Will be going for IVF briefing nx 2 wks.

Ive got questions. How much does the briefing cost and is it medisave claimable?

Hi. Jz attended briefin few wks ago n it costs near to $400. Non claimable n nt subsidised too. I tot there wasnt anytin to pay until e bill was sent to my add

Oh ok. Thanks for sharing. May i know how long is the briefing?
Briefing is about 2hrs.. inclusive of all the waiting time and Q&A.. If you hv more qns, then it will be longer. :)
There are 2 parts to the briefing... one by the nurse/staff, and another one by the doctor..

Are u all working? What's important would be to keep a relaxed mind during this period... So i quit my job some time back, so that hopefully, it will be less stressful!

I am working...no work no $$$...hahaha...
U quit ur job for TTC?
Yup.. quit my job previously cos it was abit too stressful, and for ivf, need to go for many scans and for ER and ET, need to take leave and hospitalisation leave given too... Now doing some sideline..
And true, no work no $$ leh! IVF also not cheap! :)

wah...if both of U can manage and afford, this maybe is the gd way out...
Think for me, I will think a lot if I did not work.. hahaha
But luckily for me, my boss is very understanding, allow me to take time off for all these and I have informed her for my coming IVF

wah...if both of U can manage and afford, this maybe is the gd way out...
Think for me, I will think a lot if I did not work.. hahaha
But luckily for me, my boss is very understanding, allow me to take time off for all these and I have informed her for my coming IVF
haha.. we just hv to make slight adjustment to our lifestyle... so that means no frequent shopping trips! haha...
Good that ur boss is understanding!

haha.. we just hv to make slight adjustment to our lifestyle... so that means no frequent shopping trips! haha...
Good that ur boss is understanding!

Wann vent my frustration a little..Im due to start in may/june. Initially I was tinking to take only few days of HL. Bt on 2nd tots today, I told myself to tk e whole of 2wks instead. Seeing hw my boss will irritate me n I tink if i still go wk during e HL I duno if my body can tk it or nt.

Wann vent my frustration a little..Im due to start in may/june. Initially I was tinking to take only few days of HL. Bt on 2nd tots today, I told myself to tk e whole of 2wks instead. Seeing hw my boss will irritate me n I tink if i still go wk during e HL I duno if my body can tk it or nt.
Guess ur boss irritated u lots today :(
There is a reason why there is the 2 weeks HL during the 2WW... Gives us the chance to rest n relax! :)

Guess ur boss irritated u lots today :(
There is a reason why there is the 2 weeks HL during the 2WW... Gives us the chance to rest n relax! :)

Yup. Agree fully. I recommend to tk e full 2 wks hl. Don care bout wk or anyting. Jz rest n becme couch potato. Haha

I'm seeing Dr tan ty
Scheduled for ivf in June. But my friend says to qualify for ivf I need to go through 1 failed iui first. Is that true? Anyone here went through iui and failed? Cos I do far haven't heard of any successful iui stories

I'm seeing Dr tan ty
Scheduled for ivf in June. But my friend says to qualify for ivf I need to go through 1 failed iui first. Is that true? Anyone here went through iui and failed? Cos I do far haven't heard of any successful iui stories
Yes, my friend failed2 ivf, before she managed to conceive after an IVF.

Normally if the couples don't have really serious problems, doctors will suggest iui or soiui first..
There are successful cases in iui n soiui just that it does not happen to us n protocol is normally 3 iui before proceed to ivf

I myself failed 2 iui under a gynae in private hospital n then decide to switch to kkivf. As i see no point doing the 3rd iui n disappointed again...

I'm seeing Dr tan ty

I don tink tts true. The doc sugested I go ivf straight.

I'm seeing Dr tan ty
I dun think it's true too. I didn't go for IUI as the success rate is not high.. So decided to go straight for ivf directly..

I dun think it's true too. I didn't go for IUI as the success rate is not high.. So decided to go straight for ivf directly..

Yup. Tts wat the doctor told mi too. She mentioned since we tried for smetime alrdy n alrdy 30plus. Jz go.ivf straight. Cz iui sucess rate lower thn ivf. Plus my hub says don nd waste time do othrs jz go ivf

Yup. Tts wat the doctor told mi too. She mentioned since we tried for smetime alrdy n alrdy 30plus. Jz go.ivf straight. Cz iui sucess rate lower thn ivf. Plus my hub says don nd waste time do othrs jz go ivf
It's already May! Guess that you shd be going for yours anytime soon?

It's already May! Guess that you shd be going for yours anytime soon?

Yup. Waiting for af to come this mth thn I can col to infrm kkh le. Thn thy cn prepare mi for jun start le. Im feeling excited bout e procedure but troubled over wk as well. Jz let nature run it course ba.

The nurse said that since i went through all the tests and also on clomid before and my left fallopian tube blocked so can go straight to IVF but need the counselling first. My friend having twins from IVF now.

The nurse said that since i went through all the tests and also on clomid before and my left fallopian tube blocked so can go straight to IVF but need the counselling first. My friend having twins from IVF now.
Your tube is blocked??? Did the doctors suggest alternatives for you besides IVF?

You can have a keyhole surgery to unblock your tubes and try 1st...My friend has the same case as you..she has blocked tube and is suggest to do IVF but she go and have this surgery and lucky enough she get pregnant within 3 mths after the surgery

Did you seek a second opinion? Prob can do as per what @bbdust81 has suggested.. Better to go for keyhole surgery than IVF, as that shd be kept as the last resort..

Hi All,

I'm new here, after trying for 3yrs of TCC , finally me and my hub decided to go for IVF treatment. i just make a booking with KKH to see Gynea next friday.
can i check with u all, from the 1st appointment to start of IVF treatment . how long would it take

Just went for 1st appt on 23 May at KKIVF centre. It was a simple one with doctor asking questions. Then arranging for certain tests to be done, including HSG as a HSG test done 7 years ago revealing slight blockage in left tube.

After the tests done, then can meet the doctor in 18 Jul.

Back