Any Singaporean living in Johor Bahru ?

Hi! Thinking of Taman Austin area, near Jusco Tebrau, was reading rkygirl's comments about that area, seems pretty good.

Called a few agents to ask, they mention security deposit in cheques. It seems quite a hassle to open Malaysia bank cheque account just for that.

Not sure if there are good schools around that area too.

But still in planning stage now, so just checking out more info.

What school are you referring to? international school? primary? or secondary?

if you need malaysia bank cheque book, need to have guarantor.

so you plan travel in out via woodland checkpoint?

Primary school next year, trying not to go across causeway everyday for school, but I heard it's better for singaporeans to go across frequently else malaysian custom might ask questions if only do it once a month.

Yep, need introducer for banks, I called malaysia Uob to ask, they said need RM10,000 and introducer to open chequeing a/c. :O

If staying austin area, will probably go through causeway more, though I think 2nd link less traffic jam?

I wonder which supermarket is best for grocery, austin has jusco and tesco, think carrefour close by, not sure though. But giant still the cheapest? again, not sure. All these I heard from my friends when they did their diapers and grocery shopping in jb :p

yes, giant and tesco always cheaper. but I still prefer to go Jusco. lol.

I got house for rent in Tampoi Indah(condo apartment) and bukit indah (double-storey with gated guarded). Do let me know if you are interested.

Hi Joyeux,
My cousin recently moved over to JB also.. She tried applying for RHB bank account.. They required her to provide payslip and a malaysian address, no need anything else.. So maybe u can try after u move in (if u ever decide to)..

Austin/Tebrau area to CIQ is quite straightforward.. :) If u're working office hours, jam is sure to have one (unfortunately).. But it's 100% worth it! My cousin tasted life in JB for almost 2months now and she's really happy.. Tired but happy.. xD

Actually, both my hb and cousin drive JB cars so they take bus across causeway to SG/work.. Save a lot of money and in cases of jam, maybe can save time also.. Because of the bus lane.. :p

As for school, if u are going to register your kid/s to school in JB, they can get student pass from the school.. We will be registering my girl next year, in an english based christian private school.. We scrapped the idea of chinese school cos they study all subjects in chinese which we are not really fond of.. That includes science and math!

For supermarketing, we buy freshfoods (esp seafood like prawns, fish etc) from Tebrau Jusco.. It's surprisingly fresh.. For everything else, we can buy from anywhere.. Tesco (few outlets), Jusco (few outlets), Giant (few outlets), even the one and only Cold Storage (mostly to buy imported goods, esp for my baking stuff) etc.. We buy depending on where we go.. :)

When we came for viewing to rent, we placed cash deposit.. Our landlord is a chinese, very nice family guy.. And my agent is also very professional and patient.. He was also the one who helped my cousin rent her studio condo apartment.. If u want, I can pm u his contact..

Btw, the reason for us renting my current place is because it's walking distance to Jusco.. Reason being, I have no driving license yet.. Haha.. So when hb goes for work/reservist etc, we don't worry about supplies in case of emergency.. It's very convenient..

Safety wise, even in SG now I wouldn't let my eyes off my kids for a moment (unless it's fenced area like indoor playground).. Because it's not as crowded here, sometimes we will sit down on benches and let kids wander around, within our sight.. Still feel quite safe la.. No matter what still must be careful here though.. As long as we don't flaunt our "wealth", it should be fine.. I stay here for 2yrs, seems alright to me.. I can only say for my area.. Other areas, I'm not certain of the safety..

Mind if I ask how many kids u have? Are u and your hb both working? Both also SG?

Sorry for the long post.. =X Glad to be of help though!

Last edited:
Hi rykgirl! Wow! Thanks for your detailed info! :) Makes me wanna move to JB even more!!
Only 1 kid 5yo, I'm already going @_@ lol, so kudos to all mummies who have more than one! Yup, both of us working... only I'm SG... hubby SG PR, he's actually not keen about JB, but I'm brainwashing him all the pros about JB now... :p

Hi Xxiaogua, ok, will let u know if we're set to move there, hopefully can persuade hb to change his mind abt JB. :D

Hi Joyeux,
Lived here for almost 2yrs already.. Loving it! SG has changed too much already.. Sad.. Anyway, hope to see u move over soon! xD

Btw, your hb is msian?

He is aussie... and he luv living in sg... Hmmm... though he complains too... Well, I'll see how long he can tahan all the changes bufore he changes his mind abt sg :p

p/s: btw, he's asian, not angmo... as next qn I get whenever I said hb is aussie, everyone will say: wah, your kid must be cute as he's mixed... then I'll say: my son not mixed lah, but he's very cute hor! lol... :D

Joyeux, oic.. xD If u consider moving here, will u be using MM2H? Or everyday travel in and out of JB? I got questioned by immigration before to why I was living in JB without any pass.. But I'm a SAHM so I only traveled out when need, which is seldom.. Just a thought for your consideration..

Hi rosnyus, which area did u buy? How much?

Hi rosnyus,
That's a nice place! We like it a lot but too bad we can't afford.. xD We bought Sky Oasis instead.. From same office too! :)

Wow nice, I'm trying to brainwash my hubby too.... Anyone here rented out their hdb flat in sg & rent here in JB? Whats the procedures like?

I'm malaysian from jb. Sg PR..
I have a flat in sg and house in jb.
I saw many mummy shift their family to jb.
But recently I'm just have a plan bring my 3 kids to come in sg for kindergarten.
However after u all post stated jb is good.
I'm feel really don't know how to decide.
Me and my husband go back jb
Or bring my kids come in.
Really headache
anyone can suggest.
thanks

I think is good that everyone can exchange their comment and suggest.
I believe most mummy her are singaporean and want to move to jb.
But I'm from jb want to move family to sg.
How funny is it..
If anyone want jb information. I can try to provide my best to u.
Thanks

Bought a house recently near JB town. was planning to move to jb but the morning and evening jam drives us crazy. any best timing to go in and out? any private bus or transport that can ferry us in and out of JB to mrt in Singapore on weekdays morning and evening? would be good if can ferry us to newton mrt as near to working place. also need part time help on simple gardening and cleaning on sat? Anybody can suggest?

Me and my HB decided to move to JB to stay. we are working in woodlands and work shift thus we decide to rent a house in JB while waiting for out BTO (2019).
We are considering condo or landed to rent.
anyone got any recommendation?

Thanks for the comments. Hubby and I are planning to move in JB and our kids will be schooling here in SG. However my concern is the kids safety to and fro from SG to JB and JB to SG.
Any experience mummies here that stay in JB but kids are schooling in SG?

anybody do car pool to beat toll hike?

anybody driving from near jb town - permas jaya to work in singapore ? Can share what time to leave jb to reach spore and start work at 8am or 8.30 ?

anybody taking bus from jb to spore to work ?

• 1) Barbecue Area
  • 2) Club House
  • 3) Covered Parking
  • 4) Gymnasium
  • 5) Jacuzzi
  • 6) Jogging Track
  • 7) Mini Market
  • 8) Playground
  • 9) Sauna
  • 10) Swimming Pool
  • 11) 24hr Security
Property Details
Nice Area.

Go to Second link 15min
Go to Bukit Indah 15min
Go to PTP 5min
Go to Gelang patah town area 10min

*Fully Renovation and furnished

*Move in condition . Nice Interior Design

*24 hour security gate and guarded

*Low density, only 4 floor

This is My new apartment located at second link Tuas,ready in this month, 3 room +2 bath room,anyone interest do PM me for more detail.92229783

*Nice facility

Attachments

• IMG_7838.jpg
    IMG_7838.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_7836.jpg
    IMG_7836.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 676
My Skysuites@Meldrum Hills 1 bedroom condo is TOP next month. 581 sg ft. High Floor, freehold & sea view. Located at Jalan Bukit Meldrum, 80300 Johor Bahru, Johor off Jalan Tanjong Puteri. Beside Grand Bluewave Hotel and very near CIQ. Condo facility and 24 hr security with access card. Selling at Rm880 psf.

Hi.all just share..
If u r looking for any service in johor bahru
Please look for me.
As my sibling they are work on that
.mover
.transport
.Air cond
.electrical
Thanks

Hi, I am also planning to shift to JB by 2017. Does HDB allow you to sublet your whole unit while we stay in JB (MOP completed)? Do we need to declare to HDB that we will permanently reside in JB but coming back to SG for work?

TIA!

Hai June I have known Singaporean rent out whole units and move to jb and travel to singapore for work daily, as for my understanding, if you rent out the whole unit, you have to declare to HDB, may b you can check w ICA above moving to JB ba .

Hi

Have you guys consider the new area Bandar Seri Alam (City of Knowledge) further down from Permas Jaya? The environment not that bad, there are plenty of gated and guarded landed residential there. eg. Maya height. The area surrounded with Tesco, AEON Big, MyDin, Todays market, Regency Hospital, Police HQ, secondary school and International School e.g.. Pegasus, Raffles etc.

You may check it out.

I'm malaysian, Sg PR..
I have 2 kids, elder son study P1 at Jurong West, younger son kindergarten in JB
Me, HB move to Sg with my elder son since Feb but pity my younger son stay with my parent in law in JB so we shifted back to JB since Jun school holiday
Now we have to travel thru 2nd link daily
Morning we leave home by car around 5-5.30am, about 30min to 1hour jam at custom, reach school around 6.30-7.30am depends on traffic condition
After school, around 2pm will take causeway link bus with my son & reach bukit indah around 3-4pm

I'm intend to buy car if there is more student to car pool from bukit indah/horizon hill/nusa sentral/nusa idaman/nusa bayu to Jurong West

BTW, i have one unit 3 Bedroom+2 Bathroom Fully Furnished Perling Heights Apartment for RENT if any mummy intend to move to JB
- 3MIN WALK TO BUS STOP DIRECT CAUSEWAYLINK BUS TO SINGAPORE
- 5MIN DRIVE TO LEGOLAND, BUKIT INDAH, DANGA BAY, PERLING
- 10 TO 15 MIN DRIVE TO JB CIQ & 2ND LINK CIQ
- WALKING DISTANCE TO SHOP LOT

Fully Furnished with
-4 aircon
-2 water heater
-5 kdk ceiling fan with remote control
-kitchen cabinet with induction cooker
-fridge
-washing machine
-sofa, dining set, TV, TV cabinet, Master Room with King Bed & Wardrobe, 2nd room with Bunk Bed & wardrobe
-Bathroom with toilet accessories (mirror, hair dryer holder, towel rack...)

Any mummy looking for others area to rent i can help to find as well..... Sky Executive, Sky Loft, Horizon Residence......Apartment, Nusa Bayu, Setia Eco Garden, Bukit Indah house

Interested do PM me for details +65 90276068 / +6 0192727180

Hm trying to understand why the need to stay in JB? Because it's much cheaper? Won't it be jam everyday? With kids it's so rushed and also precious time wasted on the road? Is it can save lots $$ by moving to JB?

Any singapore family would like to move like a resort style apartment where escape from city and crowd. I have a whole units newly 4 storry apartment near gelang patah for rent at abt rm 1400 including funiture. Family at least have a car for travelling and suitable for those working at jurong or Legoland .

Contact me for more detail 92229783 jacky

Hm trying to understand why the need to stay in JB? Because it's much cheaper? Won't it be jam everyday? With kids it's so rushed and also precious time wasted on the road? Is it can save lots $$ by moving to JB?

There are plenty of people who do that, especially with the exchange rate being the way it is. In Singapore, if you have a family with 2 kids, it is probably quite hard to survive comfortably even with a decent salary of $2500 - $3000. Once you hop over that treacherous bridge, your income becomes RM7500 to RM9000 and your HDB flat becomes a comfortably sized landed property. Incidentally, your rental costs in Malaysia will probably be more than covered by the income you get from renting out your SG HDB flat. So, from a struggling middle income family in Singapore, your family will enjoy the lifestyle of a upper-middle income family in Malaysia. This kind of lifestyle can be especially tempting to a SAHM, or even the kids who are more able to withstand the rigours of the daily jams.

The ones who suffer, however, are the partners who have to commute day in day out on that ridiculously jammed bridge. I once did the commuting exercise for a month just to try out and I tore my hair out in frustration. There is simply no way of outsmarting the jam. The jam happens in the most unexpected of hours. Sometimes, even if you try to travel during off peak hours, the jams are there. It is baffling and there is simply no way of planning in advance. You can leave your house at 6am and reach your office at 9am. You can leave your desk at 530pm and still take 2.5 hours to get home. In the long run, this just becomes a ridiculous arrangement. But I know - and respect - the many causeway warriors who continue doing it because they want their family to have a better lifestyle. I truly truly respect these people.

This arrangement will work if the breadwinner is his own boss, who can breeze in and out of his office as and when he wishes. Better still is the boss who can remotely control his business, and only go in during off-peak hours for meetings. Those who work night shift will be able to handle this as well. There's this guy I know who wakes up at 4am to get to work by 6am, but he leaves work at 3pm or 4pm, so that works for him as well, as he is usually commuting outside of the peak hours.

many times i also tempted to stay in JB... but the security there is really horrible.. even your CCTV catches the culprit breaking your house, the police also just go to your house to see see look look. then tell you no fingerprint no ID very hard to catch. i find they dun even bother....

i would rather stay in batam than JB... at least ferry dun hv traffic jam :p

many times i also tempted to stay in JB... but the security there is really horrible.. even your CCTV catches the culprit breaking your house, the police also just go to your house to see see look look. then tell you no fingerprint no ID very hard to catch. i find they dun even bother....

i would rather stay in batam than JB... at least ferry dun hv traffic jam :p
ya.... and Batam actually starting to look more and more like JB :eek:

Hi Im new here after reading so many positive comments about staying at JB now it tempts me more to move over there.For a start may I know any requirements should i be interested to rent a house in JB.TIA

Hie.Nowadays renting in jb at a cheap price such as RM500 - RM800 for a normal joint terrace house.But the question is,is it safe?For a good house guarded with good facilities ie...condo with swimming pool or guarded nice big terrace house is from RM1300-2000.Still good considering our exchange rate.Rather than renting one in Spore.Now I've heard a lot of incidents from friends and relatives who are staying in jb,those renting,living in hostile neighbourhoods with low rentals.So to me safety is important.I'm also new in jb.Been staying there for a year renting a condo @RM1300 in Skudai.Contract finishing in May and thinking of renting another guarded terrace house in Bandar Dato Onn which is better as its 10 minutes away from custom but rent @ 1500.still ok.For me is a blessing as im married to my msian wife.In time to come i will want to buy one in her name for bumiputra benefits.Ive also recently bought a car in her name.For a shift worker Im ok with travelling to and fro Spore as most of my timing is not a peak jam period.Futhermore Im riding bike.The bad point is that I sometimes ride back from work at odd timing at 2 am.So you can imagine riding in jb at that timing makes you want to be aware of surroundings at that time.On the bright Im enjoying the perks as a sole bread winner with my wife a full time housewife.Utilities and electric together have never been more than RM100 considering my usage(with aircon and internet on every night).Groceries are cheap.But setback is the internet in Msia have a lot of disruptions.Their main vendor TM Unifi.The highest is at 50kbps.I signed up for 30kbps and its at RM209 rather in Spore which now offer 1Gbps at lower rate than TM Unifi.All in all still good staying in JB but must be humble and wary of surroundings.Not to show off being a Sporean.Just blend in be friendly with neighbours and surroundings and enjoy all tge abundance of cheap and good foods at JB.

hi. can any one have any guide for me on how to travel from setia eco cascadia to custom johor please. option's with a car and options without car.tq

Hi,
I have Single Storey house for rent in gated and guarded precinct Nusa Idaman Nusajaya near legoland for SGD 650 only. House connected with beautiful and large common area backyard garden like yours perfects for kids, futsal and family gathering. Its Unique!!! Do call me Nora Aida for viewing at 0187789650.

Anyone knows how to find a good agent to sell a house at Kempas Utama? New Semi D, 10-15 mins from custom, near Setia Tropika.

hi,
i would like to know any singaporean family who stay at JB, sending their kids to singapore school or working every morning?
kindly email me : [email protected]
i would like to help my kids to find transport from jb to sg.

HI! i'm amazed that there are many people moving to JB.. but i think i can only consider having a weekend house there as i dont think my kids can wake up so early to school in SG???

are there a whatsappe group so that we can share info??

Wah it does sound good! However, unless kids go to school in MSIA or Woodlands... otherwise is it even feasible if you have school-going kids??

i m amazed with kids travelling to SG's school daily at so early hours. having said that, weekend house is still a very good bargain and i'm working on it now. hehe

Hi my family moved to JB last year as we are waiting for our bto which will be done this year. We are renting near 2nd link and so far everything is great that we are considering to buy a property there.
For those who bought properties in JB, can share how is the procedure?

Back