Any Singaporean living in Johor Bahru ?

Hi ladies!
Just an update.. xD I've stayed in JB for almost 4months already..
happy.gif
Life has been awesome.. Finances are loosening, yey~ Kids have been home everyday but we will enroll them to childcare this week or next..

We've decided not to buy Plenitude as the pricing went up by too much.. It's 600+k for a 2storey terrace and we feel it's not worth it.. So we're taking our time to drive around and search..

Last month, while coming home, I was stopped by customs officer and asked "when I was gonna leave JB again". I think both mine and hubby's hearts stopped beating for a sec.. The officer said it was becos it's obvious i'm living here so it's "not right", duno what it means actually.. And that I have to go back SG for 1month of clearance.. I have been going to SG every 2 weeks or so, never exceed the 30days.. But anyway, we have applied and got our dependent passes.. So we're safe to live here, no need to keep track of stamping passports..

If u travel to work in sg everyday, I think no issue cos u can say it's work.. But if u're SAHM like me, better to check around in case u get barred from entering msia.. It will be a major headache by then..

Basically, that's the biggest problem we encountered after moving here.. Everything else was just awesome.. The food, the drives, the shopping, never over-crowding (except weekends places populated by singaporeans >.<) the food again.. hahaha..

So how's everyone else? Updates?

Cheers!

p/s: CNY here was super awesome too! Boom booom boooooom! xD

Hi Pearly,

good to hear u coping well there.
but do u have a flat in sin?
in future how bout ur kids ? will they study in sin?

Hi Hope,
Thanks~ =) Yea, we have a flat in SG which we rent out.. Hit MOP already.. My kids will stay in msia until Pri 1.. Then they will start school in primary sch in SG.. Will ferry them by school bus..

Well, this is our plan at least.. But depends on the situation also.. If we feel it doesn't work out by then, we will have to make alternate plans.. But if worse comes to worst, we'll take back 1 or 2 rooms for us and the kids lor..

How about u? Living in sg or my now?

Hi mummies, can I check with those staying in Johor with kids. Whether do you send your child for enrichment classes? What type of classes would you send your child to? And how much per class?

hi mummies, i plan to move into JB as well. Finding living in SG is getting tough.

Well, i do not have kid yet, so i can park schooling arrangement aside. but i am still thinking about the traffic condition to work and back home. using 2nd link is too expensive and we both working in east side.

I am still hunting for house. Yesterday night went to see Setia EcoGardens but i find that place very "ulu" and not so well developed ( maybe need a few year time).

Which part of JB would you recommend?
Many many thanks..

Hi, all mummies, I am new to the site. I am a local JB girl who has been educated in Spore, thus, most of my frens are like u gals with the same background. I would be glad to be of assistance given my background as an exbanker in both Spore n JB.

Prospina - It really depends on your budget n your preference of residence plus surrounding. FYI, JB is quite big n would be bigger in future!

You may pm me if you need further info on location, I am most happy to share!

Thank You.

Special Updates :
Dear All, tomorrow is JB's yearly CHINGAY &amp; it would start at 7pm till late. It is celebrated in big sacle (between 200K-300K participants), it also simbolises the end of CNY for JB folks. It is a very important affairs for JB particularly Chinese but it has since became a yearly tourism attraction with TV stations fliming the procession. Do come &amp; join us!

Dear mummies..

Thank you so much for sharing =)

Havent been chatting for a while as I was busy moving!! Have moved to JB last month, sent my maid home, as I dont really see a need coz my 2 younger ones in CC &amp; elder one in P2.

My kids are all schooling in Spore still, thus every morning we will drive them here, and have them sleep in the car during the journey. Mmm.. so far, really enjoyed our stay. Our estate @ Kempas Utama is quiet &amp; clean. CNY spirit here was awesome. Can even see fireworks from our bedroom, save the trouble to book a room in the Marina district
happy.gif

Hi Limys.. any idea where will be the Chingay be held &amp; any areas to avoid the jam?

Am still very new to staying in JB.. Let's all share &amp; update one another ya.

Cheers!

Hi, Addy,
The procession starts at Xing Gong, a temporary shrine in Jalan Ulu Ayer Molek &amp; parade thru JB town n route takes 8-10km.

Read more: Chingay parade marks grand celebration - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/chingay-parade-marks-grand-celebration-1.223961#ixzz2MHHMY0JC

http://www.nst.com.my/jb-roads-to-close-for-chingay-procession-1.45433

Please park with care as very likely people would double-park n u may b block! Suggest to park further in proper parking lot. Hope to see u there! Keep in touch!

http://www.shopbeltsoutlet.com]cheap louis vuitton belts[/url]
http://www.shopbeltsoutlet.com]cheap gucci belts[/url]
http://www.shopbeltsoutlet.com]cheap ysl belts[/url]
http://www.shopbeltsoutlet.com]cheap fendi belts[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap jordan shoes[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap gucci shoes[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap louis vuitton clothing[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap gucci clothing[/url]
Cheap Jordan Shoes,Discount Gucci Shoes,Wholesale Louis Vuitton Clothing.
Designer Brand Clothing,Louis Vuitton Shoes,Gucci Handbag Outlet Online,Wholesale Evisu Jeans,True Religion Jeans,Dolce And Gabbana Shoes,Nike Shoes On Sale.
Cheap Louis Vuitton Belts,Discount Gucci Belts Outlet,Wholesale YSL Belts,Fendi Belts Online.
Gucci Outlet Online,Cheap Louis Vuitton Outlet,YSL Store,Wholesale Gucci Sunglasses,Replica Handbag,Watch,Cap,Belts Online.Authentic Gucci Belts,Louis Vuitton Belts,Wholesale Replica Belts Online.

hello ladies, found this thread and decided to join in.

i have a house in horizon hills. initial plan was to stay there and rent out our sg flat too. But due to hb's work commitment we can't. Currently we use the JB house as a weekend home and go back once or every 2 weekends. I love the space and freedom there. Cheap food and free parking. Can park anywhere we like and not worry about summon.

Dear mummies..

Thank you so much for sharing =)

I have a house at Bukit Indah and planning to move to JB too.

I have 2 youngers, elder in K1 and second 1 going to N1 this year.

Addy, may i know what time ur children have to wake up and how long the journey from ur JB house to Sg school?

Cheers!

Hi,
Glad to find this thread! Am considering getting an apt at Bt Indah.

Prettbride and Tinkerchiyi, can share how u find the place there? We see lots of singaporeans there during weekends and traffic a bit jam. How's the security there??

Are u familiar with Taman Sutera area? Understand that is a popular chinese area and is a matured estate too. So wondering btw this and Bt Indah, how do they compare? Can advise? Thanks!

cheap louis vuitton belts
cheap gucci belts
cheap ysl belts
cheap fendi belts
cheap jordan shoes
cheap gucci shoes
cheap louis vuitton clothing
cheap gucci clothing
Designer Brand Clothing,Louis Vuitton Shoes,Gucci Handbag Outlet Online,Wholesale Evisu Jeans,True Religion Jeans,Dolce And Gabbana Shoes,Nike Shoes On Sale.
Cheap Louis Vuitton Belts,Discount Gucci Belts Outlet,Wholesale YSL Belts,Fendi Belts Online.
Gucci Outlet Online,Cheap Louis Vuitton Outlet,YSL Store,Wholesale Gucci Sunglasses,Replica Handbag,Watch,Cap,Belts Online.Authentic Gucci Belts,Louis Vuitton Belts,Wholesale Replica Belts Online.

http://www.hiphopclothingchina.com]louis vuitton outlet[/url]
http://www.hiphopclothingchina.com]cheap gucci clothing[/url]
http://www.hiphopclothingchina.com]cheap gucci shoes[/url]
http://www.hiphopclothingchina.com]cheap louis vuitton clothing[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap jordan shoes[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap gucci shoes[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap louis vuitton clothing[/url]
http://www.shopchinaclothes.com]cheap gucci clothing[/url]
Louis Vuitton Outlet,Cheap Gucci Clothing,Replica Louis Vuitton Shoes,Handbag Online Shipping.
Low Price Supply Handbags,Gucci Shoes,High Quality Watches,Wholesale Burberry,Coogi,Discount Nike Shoes,Ed Hardy Clothing,Christian Audigier Clothing Save 50% For You.

Hi Ladies,

Am looking to move to JB within the next 2 months- to Horizon Hills. Any ladies on here live there? I am an expat new mommy (daughter is 9months old) would love to chat! please email or message me.

Hello ladies,

Chance upon this forum while searching for some first timer mommy tips online. I'm 19weeks along now and will be having my first baby this September. I live in horizon hills and Would love to meet or chat with ladies living here!

Hi Ladies, I am moving over to stay in JB soon, urgently need to buy baby stuffs.any idea where i can get baby stuffs like cots/ playpen in area near bukit indah? Or is it cheaper to buy the items in singapore?

hey brenda! i am moving to horizon hills in july and my daughter will be one in july as well! hope to meet you once we are up there!

can i ask if there are any regulations in purchasing a property in JB?

i heard singaporeans can only buy property that are worth RM500k and above??

How do you look for agent to do the purchase?

Also any cheap and good place for rental? i'm hesitating on rental or purchase.

Hi..
Me and my family also juz moved out to JB. We stay at Kip Ville condo @ Kipark Skudai. Me and my husband travel to Spore to work everyday via causeway. The distance from Kipark is about 10-15mins to reach jb custom.
We like this place because it is very convenient. There is a kipmart infront of us. We used to buy groceries, eat and shop there. If you are interested you can call the agent at 012-7752077. He is very friendly and will help you to find a unit there but no promise as there is alwiz full

Hi Mengyuan,

i am planning to move to JB too as my husband is working at Tuas.

we are also looking for international school in JB, appreciated if you could share some information about international school in JB...

Hi Meng Yuan,

Instead of international school, I would suggest private chinese school like Foon Yew High School or such. Quality of education is much higher compared to local govern school and international school. They offer syllabus up to sec 6, which is on par to A level. Their UEC certificate allow them to skip directly to Bachelor class, unless underscore in their class. Singapore U also accept the cert for direct enrolment. Meaning kid could save 2years of preU/ diploma (Malaysia). This UEC cert also acceptable to major foreign University too. The only set back was student in UEC school all converse in Mandarin, and they could be seriously lack fluency in English. Which personally I think it could be help by compulsary English speaking at home. The reason why i'm saying this is bcos i attended private chinese school too. My dad and mum insist to speak English at home, and i have a bunch of friends in school for me to practice Mandarin. And the best part was UEC high school (sec6) syllabus was taught in English. Some student major in Mandarin for Chemistry/ Physics (A level) coz they planned to study in China. When I graduated, those days, Singapore U actually came over for headhunt, yes I was needed with an average results (consider high merit compared to govern school and international school). Haveto check out the tuition fees, have no idea about Foon Yew High, but the one I came from was Chong Hwa High School in KL. Last tuition fees back in 2002 was RM210. Of course another set back was unable to mingle well with other Malay friends. Consider it, coz Chinese High school in Malaysia were not funded by Govern at all, needed support from Chinese. Stressness level, well i have no idea how Singapore edu system works, but from my point of view, you compete among each other using same system in order to get into preU or poly. Based on my experience, singapore U kept on finding UEC kid to study at their place, why not locate them in a less stress country and deserves the same merit for U in Sg?.

Any idea which part of JB can receive singtel or starhub signals? This has been on the back of my mind for some time now. Would prefer an area with singapore mobile coverage should my client call me due to urgent matters

Dear All, I am new to the thread and i am planning to move in JB by end Nov. My burden is getting heavier with high costs in Spore and having to stay with my in laws and hubby siblings has been giving me lots of prob. I will be looking to stay around bukit indah area.

I have a couple of query and greatly appreciate if any mummies can help.

1) I have 2 kids 4 and 2 and will be going in and out everyday to attend CC. When is the best time to leave jb to avoid massice jam to reach Spore by 8. Is it save to leave kids in jb CC instead?

2) I am currently preg with my 3rd and would like to look for confinment lady and nanny? Anyone can recommend
Any wet market ard bukit indah?

3) Can i move electric stuff like TV, rice cooker, kettle from Spore to jb?

4) In case i feel unwell, and not able to rush to Spore clinic, any other clinic or hospital that is safe and costs effective?

Thank you all for your help.

Hello everyone.
Wow, this forum had changed so much since i last posted.

Last time it was blue in color..

Anyway, i am another candidate who is ready to move to JB after my MOP had been fulfilled.

I already bought a place in Horizon Hills.

I will share during the times i tried staying in johor.

My office was in clementi. from HH, i left home at 7:00am. managed to reach office by 8:30am.

Traffic is unpredictable.. therefore, do leave early..

From leaving office, 1800 hrs will allow me to reach home by 1910 hrs..

Hi! I would like to know if any of you has a helper? If so, do you get your helper in SG or in Malaysia? This is because my family are also considering if to move to Johor. Our tenant is going to end his contract in Dec so we are thinking if to continue and rent out our house or we move in. We are thinking to get a helper if we are moving to Johor.

Hi mummies,

I m SAHM with 3 kids fro 7mo to 6yo and was moved into Setia Tropika in Sep 2013.

I m malaysian n hubby is Singaporean with 3 singaporean kids...hubby travelling out to work in sg and I am fetching both of my elder kids to n fro to sg for schooling..the eldest will be P1 n studying in Sg next year so hubby will bring her to school in the morning before he goes to work while I will bring the 2nd to his kindergarten n fetch both of them back from school before head back to jb daily..I have intention to hire a full time maid here but I m not working as no income proof so might be difficult...and also will swing my kids enrichment back to jb instead...so looking for piano teacher, home tutor who is teaching according sg syllabus n also a suitable art class here...any advise? Thks

Dear All, I am new to the thread and i am planning to move in JB by end Nov. My burden is getting heavier with high costs in Spore and having to stay with my in laws and hubby siblings has been giving me lots of prob. I will be looking to stay around bukit indah area.

I have a couple of query and greatly appreciate if any mummies can help.

1) I have 2 kids 4 and 2 and will be going in and out everyday to attend CC. When is the best time to leave jb to avoid massice jam to reach Spore by 8. Is it save to leave kids in jb CC instead?

2) I am currently preg with my 3rd and would like to look for confinment lady and nanny? Anyone can recommend
Any wet market ard bukit indah?

3) Can i move electric stuff like TV, rice cooker, kettle from Spore to jb?

4) In case i feel unwell, and not able to rush to Spore clinic, any other clinic or hospital that is safe and costs effective?

Thank you all for your help.

Hi jesslyn,

U can choose columbia as my SIL also went to this hospital which is nearer to her house at bukit indah n I heard the service is good also...fee wise not very sure maybe RM100 plus per check-up?

if u choose to give birth in jb and u would like to claim medisave u can choose Regency hospital which they allow u to claim but before that u have to get an recommendation letter from the gynae in sg then u are allowed to claim..gotta find out more thru their website if not wrong...

JB CC m not sure whether is it safe but if u choose those CC like cherie heart, kinderland which is follow sg curriculum one shd be fine I think...

lately hubby and I are also thinking of getting a small place in JB for retirement or investment. Am looking at the Iskandar area with the seaside/waterfront living which is supposed to be a more premier location. Saw lots of new condo on sale there at half the price of similar sized condos in Singapore so very tempted. Also saw many news articles on the developmental plans of that area by the Msian government. Any mums have any pointers to share ? My concerns are safe to live in JB (seen news reported in Singapore of Singaporean being robbed in JB etc) and safe to buy a property in JB ? (10 years back, there was a case Singaporeans who bought shares and I think a property in JB were trapped in that they cannot liquidate and bring the money back to Singapore or confiscated), so I am worried on these 2 aspects. But cost of living and over crowding in Singapore and affordable waterfront living in JB very tempting and I should seriously think about this for retirement ...ANY ADVICE ANYONE especially those already living in JB...

hi , wow didt know that some are moving out from sg and stay in JB from this thread.
yeah ..mind to share will the safety is a concern while u staying in JB..

Hi ,all mummy. I am malaysian chinese ,singapore pr.
Staying singapore for about ten years.recently planning move back to jb as my family and kids are there too.
If you need any recomment regarding housing agent please let me know as my sister is property agent.
Free fell to sharing the life style different in jb and suggestion on buying or renting house in jb

Hi, just like to share that I am also in the process of buying a resale semi d at Austin Heights. Great to know so many of u are moving over. I have 2 boys 5 and 9 this year and am undecided about when to move over and to let yhem study here or in Austin Height international school yright outside my house. Going to rent out my Sg terrace and MM when it TOP for rental income and semiretire in a few years in JB. Looking forward to RTS in 2019 too...

We would like to ask those who moved over if anyone of you are hiring a parttime maid? Thinking of how to get a maid without MM2H...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I shifted to Sky Executive Suite at Bukit Indah in July 2013 with my husband because he started teaching here. Anyone who's staying in Bukit Indah would like to make friends? :)

Hi evry1
I intend to rent a place in JB but dunno which taman is affordable. Hence, I can rent out my flat in sg. I've got 2 young kids, with no car yet.
Mr hubb will be working in ubi area and riding bike to & fro. What's the market rate for rent right now? TIA

Hi..Im a newbie here and came acrossed this forum by chance..i'm a Sgrean living in Jb for the past 4 yrs..My 8 yr old daughter went to Wdlands Ring Pri School daily by taking a school bus operator frm here..I'm nt a SAHM,commute daily by car.

Hi,how is it staying in JB?which area is more safe to stay?we are thinking of getting a hse in JB,is it advisable.Tks

Hi evry1
I intend to rent a place in JB but dunno which taman is affordable. Hence, I can rent out my flat in sg. I've got 2 young kids, with no car yet.
Mr hubb will be working in ubi area and riding bike to & fro. What's the market rate for rent right now? TIA

Hi,how is it staying in JB?which area is more safe to stay?we are thinking of getting a hse in JB,is it advisable.Tks
Hi Umie..rental starts from Rm 1.5k n abv depends on location.

Hi, any mummies got any contacts of swim coach for kids (aged 3 & 5yo) in JB? I'm located at Taman Mount Austin area.. Or any idea where to find?

Last edited:
Hi mummies!
Any updates?

My girl is 5yo this year and I'm planning her pri sch enrollment at the moment.. Initially, thought of sending her to SG pri sch by school bus.. But recently, jams are really really bad.. So the other alternative is to send her to Foon Yew 5 (chinese sch in Taman Mt Austin)... Any mummies got children studying chinese sch in jb? Care to share what it's like?

Hello all!
Thanks for sharing about living in JB. :)

For those already living there, I'm wondering how safe is it to let kids wander around by themselves? For eg, at Jusco Tebrau shopping, is it ok to let them out of sight for awhile? Or must hold hands all the time?

Anyone got experience sharing their first rental stories? i.e. finding good agent...
easy or not to get back security deposit from landlord after end of lease when moving out?

Is Singapore cheque is accepted by landlord or must open Malaysia bank account to pay monthly rent?

Thanks!

Hi,
If everything is in good condition when move out, there will be no problem for the landlord to pay u back the deposit paid.

Which area of JB are u looking for?

Back