Any SAHMTBs?

Stretch marks cream you can apply once you know you are pregnant, the earlier the better.
Try Mustela, recommended by my gynae.

To reduce milk supply. Try Fenugreek from Nature Farm. It helps to increase milk supply. And of course drink lot of water each time after you breastfeed.

Good morning everyone!
me had insomnia again last night.. was wide awake for full 3 hrs in the middle of the night, with frequent visits to the toilet for big biz.. wonder what's wrong with my tummy..

missbluey
for stretch marks cream, I'm currently using Avent.. it has a nice scent.... if your husband has concerns with those bought over the counter, then perhaps you can ask your gynae for prescription? my 1st tube be4 i switched to avent was bought from my gynae..

Hi poo_power,

Thanks a lot for so much information..

Really? People exchanging at the forum I didnt know about that forum..

I think I can choose natural or C/S at Mt A. bah (a list given by the clinic, the doctors profession fees on natural or C/S)

Worried I might not cope well with those tasks

Ooh your baby loves traveling ; )

Maybe I will be going for the Motherhood Exh..
Shall see how it goes & will get back to u, Ok?

Will u be SATHM for long?

When should I start the antenatal programme?
from the 20 weeks onwards?

Woke up very early this morning.. around 5 plus am, going to take a nap liao..

Have a great Tuesday!

Hi wawa, it's finally wed again tomorrow. Hope to rec good news from you. Try to listen to soothing music and relax. Maybe your boy has decided to come out so your body is cleansing itself to prepare for his arrival. Kekeke.....I too had insomia for the past 2 days...kept going to the toilet for small business at least 5-6 times. Haiz....."Jia you" and we'll wait for your good news ya!

Hi puretulips
rather than waiting for my news, shld it be the other way round? If you hear from me by thursday, means i still haven pop! hee.. shall take things easy now... was quite afraid i got some food posioning last night cos it also happened some weeks back.. luckily it's only restricted to big biz.. =) thanks for the encouragement!

waking up so many times for small biz?? wah.. really tedious

I just realised i have stretch marks on my tummy.. was hoping that they won't appear, esp in the final lap of the race.. seems like it's inevitable.. =(

Good afternoon ladies

Hi wawa
All the best for yr chk-up tmr. Hv a gd rest - its the last leg of the race ... Did u manage to get much sleep? How nice to have confinement at yr mother's place ... i had mine at my home wif my MIL (n u know lah ... MILS ... hmmmmm ...) Do rest well

So, which diaper hv u bought for standby? Or r u using nappies? Before i forget : once yr bb born, u can go to Post Office (Clementi, Eunos, Killiney n AMK) n collect Huggies diaper. Basically, exchange one diaper (which cost more than 30cents n bb Birth Cert) for up to 12 pcs. Call for stock available before collection. Of course u r to rest, ask yr husband or parents to collect on yr behalf. U can refer to this thread for more details.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/746435.html?1176183787

If got Engorgement - pump milk. U can either do it manually or buy pump?
To increase supply BM - hv to drink lots of water. The ironic thing is during confinement, preferably not to drink water (if not stomach will be big) but then after pumping milk, u will feel thirsty (n at times hungry) Or jus follow the receipe given by Renz. Most impt is must hv enough rest n learn to relax so more milk will flow. Bb suckle will also increase milk flow.

Hv u decided to bf? For how long? I made the mistake of wanting to Breastfeed 100% n tat places a lot of stress on me. i even had an argument wif my MIL becas i know it is not easy for bb to latch on. She heart pain bb cry n each time i want to continue feeding him n sometimes he cry when he cannot find my breast. Worse still, when i bf bb, she will sit near me, make comments like : enough milk or not, y bb not drinking, dont let him cry ... etc etc. I mean, i am trying my best to let bb drink - as if i purposely want bb to cry. i really think tat i will bf successfully if MIL had not interfered. Well, tat the past!!! BTW, remember to buy nipple cream. Bb did suckle until my nipple bleed ...Do u intend to buy formula for standby? My PD tmentioned tat NAN is one of the better brand.

Fayina
According to KK, to go for antental around week 20. Preferably not too late because your tummi will be too big n it could cause inconvenience.
How come u woke up so early? Also cannot get to sleep? Or yr bb move? I hope to be SAHM till bb at least 18mths old. Then send him to childcare. Well, if financial permits
happy.gif

Hi Tinkerbell,

Stumbled upon this thread and saw your post about "WOW".I can totally relate to how you feel.My hubby is hooked to that game as well and he's been playing it since last yr May.I was a SAHMTB and it was extremely frustrating when he comes home after work and switches on the damn comp instead of talking or spending time with me.Thought after i give birth,it'll be better but the stupid expansion pack came out.I can understand how you feel seeing your hubby loose slp cos Ive seen my hubby actually put alarm at 5am to play on some Tuesdays when they have maintenance. Haiz,i tried crying, ignoring him,..going out with my frens and even playing the game!But somehow cant get him to loose interest.Now i started a temp job so i just go home tired n play with baby n then slp.I'm just hoping he'll loose interest one day and there will not be another expansion.Hehe

Hi all
another sleepness night, so decided to log on at wee hours... just as well, post sth before i go for my gynae appt... so pek chek, knowing that i will lose my sleep in the weeks to come and yet can't get much sleep these few nights..

hi poo power
thanks for the info on diapers! i have previously mentioned somewhere in this thread that my mum unknowingly bought 3 big packs of Drypers as she thought it was cheap and good (after seeing my friend passed me an unfinished pack.. but my friend gave it to me to try out on bb cos she don't find it good), so i'm stuck with all these packs of Drypers.. as for nappies, i'm also thinking of using it in the day (during confinement at my mum's place).. after confinement, i'm moving back home so prob stick to diapers... too lazy to wash and dry.. keke..what brand are you currently using for Alexander?

u heard from my mum that we can't drink plain water during confinement?? i was like "huh? no plain water?" is it true that we can only drink those brewed red date longan?

oh that's stressful to have another pair of eyes watching u as u bf... i can't imagine if it's my mother, let alone MIL..so u now supplement formula with bm? i intend to bf for a start and see how long i can endure... have not thought of any particular brand of formula yet.. thanks for bringing this up to me. i guess i have not seriously thought abt all these.. only hoping that i have enurf bm so i won't have to supplement..it seems like bf is one of the toughest thing after giving birth..

hi wawa

U jus watched Man U match wif yr husband? Good on u for not believing in supplement for the bb. There should be enough bm for bb to drink. And formula is for standby.

Bb hv tried many brands of diapers. Basically, any diaper on offer, i will buy n try. Tried Drypers but each time wear, each time leaked. So, i gave up on it. Currently, using Nepia, EQ n Huggies. Have read on the Net tat NTUC brand is not bad, so will buy once stock low.

Some do believe tat during confinement, can only drink red date logan. Plus the confinement food, bm could be too heaty for bb. Thus, it is encouraged to drink water. So, wat i did was hv a mixture of both. I guess it is really up to individual.

Do take care n hope to hear the good news ....

hi all,

my mil already told me i can't drink water during confinement, only red date logan..if not, my tummy will be very flabby, just like hers...i find it ridiculous lor!

sian, my confinement will be at mil's place..wonder how to survive.. >.<

missbluey
did yr MIL also advise u not to touch water as well? My friend MIL even do not let her wash the dishes ... so, she is indeed 'lucky'
understand how u feel n hopefully after bb born, the focus will be on bb instead of you. n she will 'treat u better' ...

Hello!
I'm back from my gynae appt... hee as you all wld have guessed, it's the same as last week.. but husband and I have made a decision to induce tmr... tired of waiting....plus tired of pple asking me everyday if i have delivered... i realised that for the past few weeks, my mood wasn't very good.. i get fed up and moody easily.. perhaps due to the stress from those concerned pple asking me the same qn over and over again.. imagine getting phone calls and sms-es everyday asking me a simple "how are you?" but with more meaning to it than that... and to ask again after a few days.. sometimes i think i'm very bad.. anyway, family and friends are just concerned and care abt me that's y they bother to ask.. but this has put undue stress on me... haiz.. i think i'm getting post-natal blues even b4 i delivered.. a word of caution to other MTBs.. NEVER tell family and friends that you may deliver earlier than due date cos i made that mistake when i was beginning to dilate weeks ago.... keep it to yourself and when u deliver, it is a pleasant surprise!!! better than having pple bugging you right?

poo power
my husband don't watch soccer matches.. any spare time he has, he'll be catching up on his sleep... me waking up in wee hours is involuntary..

belief in bfeeding is one thing, whether I can do it is another thing.. hope will turn up fine.

NTUC diapers is not bad? and is it cheaper?? i heard Nepia is good.. but i think i'll have to stick to drypers and finish using them up.. haha

missbluey
don't worry... you can always confide in us... but we hope that's no need for that..is ur MIL very old fashion? everything must follow what the old pple say? perhaps during your informal chats with her, try to find out more.. then you will know her expectations and beliefs and test water by saying "so and so did this during confinement" and see her reaction to it... at least you won't get a shock during confinement when she forbides you to do certain things... for my mum, i just ask her on and off and luckily, our expectations and beliefs don't differ that much.. or when you attend antenatal classes, the teacher often explains why certain beliefs were practiced long ago but no longer relavant in today's modern society,. try explaining to ur MIL and see if it works.. of cos there may still be practices which hole their worth till now, so we can't simply disregard the old folk's intentions.. give and take bah..

poo power:
no, mil didn't say anything about cannot touch water, so i think i should be able to??? hope by the time i give birth, she is still working..

wawapiggyling:
oh no, i did tell some close friends that i may deliver earlier than expected..hope they won't bother me, haha..

she isn't that old fashioned in some ways, but she could give me a list of what i can do & what i can't do during confinement..when i started my 1st tri, she already said i can't eat sotongs, stingrays & those curries which have 'yellow ginger' (don't know what's that!) in it..got one time i got craving for tom yam soup, i went to tabao it & was drinking it halfway, she was saying i cannot drink blah blah..i simply ignored her & continued..heh.
hmm, hope during the antenatal class, the teacher will explains about those myths & make sure i bring my hubby along! so that i got witness...hee.
bottom line: i know mil meant well.. =)

Hi wawa, I can understand your frustrations but try to think on the bright side. At least there are people who cares. I think the wait is tiring you out that's why you're getting the blues. Try to take it easy and look forward to seeing your little darling tomorrow! Try to relax and keep an open mind especially the 1st 2 weeks after giving birth cos we'll be more prone to slip into post-natal blues due to our hormonal changes + lack of sleep + stress. Take care ya and God bless!

Hi Missy Bluey, I've completed my antenatal class at TMC. According to my lactation consultant, she said that alot of the confinement practices are all hand-me down knowledges with no scientific support. Anyway, some of the practices are only applicable for countries that experience 4 seasons ie. china. Imagine if we do not shower for the whole month in Singapore, we will stink mann! Furthermore, we need to bf our babies so it's even more crucial to watch our body hygiene. My lactation consultant said that we can just shower with hot water but I personally feel that it'll be better to add some herbs to remove the wind. If you wash your hair, you'll also need to ensure that it's blow dry. Even taking ginger, rice wine, etc will need to take in moderation if you intend to bf cos whatever you take, your bb will drink too. Too much ginger will cause jaundice in yr bb and too much wine will not do any gd to bb too! Anyway, like what wawa says, give and take lor. Just do what you feel it's comfortable.

good morning ladies

hi wawa
hope at this time, u r having a good sleep. sometimes, after knowing tat u will deliver soon n wif all the undue stress, yr mind is finally settled. i logged in specially to 'accompany' u if u could not sleep. but of course i hope u will not log in during this wee hours

we might not hear from u for a while since u got no internet access at yr mum place. remember we will always support n care for u no matter wat happens. remember, dont worry too much n do wat u think is best for yrself, bb n yr husband. do take care n hope to hear from u real soon

hi missbluey
the bottom line is never to clash directly wif MIL but u know lah, sometimes, very difficult. Anything tat u feel uncomfortable wif, jus let yr husband know n ask him to relate them to yr MIL. Spousal support is v impt.

hi puretulips
how hv u been? U seemed much better as compared to the very first time i know u. All set n prepared to be a fantastic mummy? Oops, hope i am not giving u undue pressure. The funny thing is ppl, esp, yr loved ones r the ones pressuring us.
Now my bb going to be 3 mths old, my MIL already saying things like : my grandson so bright, must nurture him well n he will be very smart. Then she start comparing wif other ppl children n expect her grandson to be like them. It is jus so difficult to drill in old folks their mentality tat each child develops differently. hmmm
sad.gif
her concern i understand, but like wat wawa says, it really is undue stress.
Btw, u hv tinklebell email? how about dropping her a tinkle!

Hi Poopower, so nice of you to drop in so early! Wawa muz be very touch but hope she has a good nite sleep.

I agree with you that we shld never clash directly with MIL so usually I'll complaint to my poor hubby....kekeke...Haiz...They always think that they have better knowledge than us since they hv gone thru it like 30+ years ago....My MIL has started to tell me the dos and don'ts during confinement and what bb shld wear blah blah blah....she even said that she will drop by my plc to spot check on my confinement lady cos she's worried that she can't cook or take care of bb when I oredi told her that she has 8-9 years of experience. Guess she's just concern but too concern will do no good too! I can understand what you're gg thru but old ppl tend to like to make comparisons and they can be very stubborn to accept other opinions especially from DILs. So usually when my MIL said something which I don't agree I'll just smile or keep quiet....Haiz... but last week i was abit piss off when she commented that my tummy so small...she was like shocked when I told her I weigh 53kg and she went on and said :"I thought u weigh 60+kg...no wonder yr tummy so small....everything oso muz eat u noe...blah blah blah....I can tell that she's not happy from her facial expressions but my hubby said that I'm over sensitive...I anticipate more problems coming when my bb arrives.....sorri to write such a long complaint......
kao_blush.gif
I will drop a note to tinklebell. Hope she'll be back soon.

hi puretulips
havnt heard from wawa - no news means goodnews .. she could be in labour now n 'pushing pushing pushing ...'
i agree wif wat yr lactation mentioned. esp after u wash hair, must blow dry immediately. The funni thing is during my confinement period, although weather warm but i felt cold. i even wear long pants n at times, wif blanket too. Guess the body is cool after giving birth. But close to one month, my body temp back to normal. Everything is good for health when taken in moderation.

Talking about CL. U paid for her to look after bb as well as do housework? Will she also be buying groceries n cook for u to eat? Or will u be looking after bb n she does the rest? My friend jus ended wif her CL who is suppose to do housework n look after bb. She did comment tat she does nothing much except look after bb. Instead, it is her MIL tat prepares the meals n help to do housework. Well, i guess, bb has to be the priority. But she realised tat the CL always carry bb so now it becomes a habit n they are having difficulty in trying to coax him, esp bedtime. Always hv to carry him n put down only cry.
As for my bb - my hb n i does the opposite. When he wants to sleep, i will carry him but my hb will pat him on the bed to sleep instead. So i guess bb is more flexible.
So, my theory is : hv to condition / train bb. And sometimes, have to retrain bb too.
I told my friend not to always carry bb, initially, he will 'fight' n cry but got to gradually let him get used to it. It is really tiring to always carry bb. Of course, once cry, preferably carry but sometimes, they also test water. Ultimately, YOU decide wat best for bb

Talking about crashes with MIL - sometimes hor, i wonder wat in their mind??? Their thinking are jus so different from ours... my MIL n i crash a lot during confinement period (CP) but now much better. i hv to close both eyes ... wat most impt is bb is priority. Prior to bb born, she insist on bringing the cot to her room n let bb sleep there but luckily the cot cannot enter her room (hahaha - in my heart, i was so happy). Then when bb born, she insist on bringing him to sleep in her room on the double bed. Sometimes, in the early morning, while bb n i sleeping, she will come to my room n bring bb to her room - jus like tat, without even telling or forewarning me ... i was so upset n of course complain to hb! hmmmmm ... tat the past! Now better becas she stays here only Mon-Thu ... at least i can 'breath' during the weekend
happy.gif

do take care

Hi Poopower, ya...wawa muz be working hard now pushing her little darling out....

Besides taking care of my bb, my CL will also cook for me & hubby, go marketing and do household chores. Of course, priority will be mainly taking care of bb. She was recommended by my hubby's friend and they seems to be satisfied with her. I've also visited and talk to her when she was doing confinement for a mum. She don't encourage parents to carry and soothe bb immeditely when they cry and she's also flexible when I told her if I can cut down or do away with some of the confinement rules / food. Hmm...your friend should have told her CL not to carry the bb too often anyway I feel that since we're paying for her service we shld have the right to tell them what we prefer. That's why it's crucial to get a CL thru recommendation and to talk to her before you engage her service. Now I just hope that my MIL won't clash with my CL otherwise, I'll hv a hard time.....

Hmmm...your MIL seems to be quite possessive of your bb? Is it because it's her first grandson? Huh....why your MIL is so persistent in wanting bb to sleep with her? Isn't it dangerous to let bb sleep on the double bed? I must really hand it to you that you are able to close 2 eyes....if it's me, I think I'll get so hysterical....kekeke...sigh! I hv a feeling that my MIL is also similar to yours. She told me that she will bathe my bb as she fear that I don't know how to... but she can't squat as she has osteoporosis so she suggested placing the bathtub on a stool. In my heart I was thinking WHAT if the bathtub topples??? Sigh...I can understand why MILs are so excited but they already hv their chance when they gave birth donkey years ago, shouldn't they give us the chance to learn too? Moreoever, they are out of touch for so many years,I doubt they can remember how to do it too. I call and complaint to my mum and she says she will drop by to help me if she's free.
kao_clap.gif

hi puretulip
yeah ... MIL finally went home - FREEDOM :p
Its gd tat u hv a recommended CL. Less worries

Yeah, this is my MIL first grandson - tat y she so possessive but to put it nicely - she sayang him a lot ... sometimes, i think my MIL feels tat she is the mother ...
its not i want to close 2 eyes but no choice -
guess each family has their own set of MILs

MILs intentions are good but hey, we are the mother n we make the decision - easier said than done. i also do not want to stress my hb too much by complaining about his mother ... the 'best part' is my husband being looked after by his grandma (becos he is the first grandson in the family - very precious), so now, my MIL keep hinting n asking me n hb to go out n we bring bb to her place so she can take care of him. If tat the case, i my as well go back to the workforce. the purpose of me quitting my job is so tat i can look after bb ...

can't imagine if yr MIL n my MIL meet - who knows, they may click n conspire agt us ... hahaha
Oops too much about MIL - it is never ending.

at least u hv yr mother to support u - my mother, she every time ask me to give way to MIL n ask me to think from my MIL point of view. Next time i will be grandma n i too will be 'possessive' of my grandchild. keep my fingers cross - hope not.

So wat r yr plans now? Yr EDD sometime end June? Time passes very fast. Before u know it, u too will be doing yr confinement. i wonder whether wawa hv given birth?

Hi Poopower, haha...finally have your space for the wkend!

Let's pray together for wawa so that she'll be blessed with a smooth and fast delivery! Haha....I guess it's neverending story when it comes to MIL....kekeke

My EDD is on 27 June....am waiting for the day to arrive! Can't wait to see and touch my little darling! Kekeke....This week past like a snail mann....too tired to go out and also can't think of any plc to go too! Been idling at home....so bored...Will go visit my nieces and nephew tomorrow at my mum's plc. I'm so glad that tomorrow is finally TGIF! Even though I'm not working but I still dread Monday....kekeke....

So you'll be a SAHM till yr bb turns 18mths? So I reckon yr MIL will take care of your boy when you go back to workforce huh?

Howdy ladies! I'm back after some hibernation ;) Was trying to resist temptation of logging in too often as it is pretty addictive ya know... ;)

Anyway, miss u all here. I see a lot of talk on MILs, MILs and MILs... Alemak, looks like they r a terror to all mummies huh? I cannot comment much bec my MIL live overseas, oceans and miles away from me. But she has already bought a lot of things for my bb and warned me against... guess what, going through too many ultrasound scans as she said the waves might be harmful to the foetus. I supposed all MILs mean well eventually but somehow i wish they can open their ears to listen to our side of the story as well to dispel their belief. And since for my case, my ILs are separated from us by an 18hr flight, they would wanna show how involved they r in every way they can.

Yup, let's pray for wawa. Hope her labor is going smoothly or was smooth. It's just so good to feel our Lord is always there for us when we need Him. At times i like to play Hillsongs to my lil boy hoping he can feel the love of God in my tummy. I simply love Hillsongs!

Poo power, just saw your encouragement posted to this new mummy who gave up on bfg her 3-day-old bb. I wonder how she is coping as her bb is only a few days old. I also hope she will persevere or at least seek a lactation consultant's advice. Just heard from Mrs Wong from the TMC antenatal class that she had this patient who had nipples so sensitive that she'd scream even before the bb latches on. In this case, it is almost impossible for her to bf unless her psychological state is settled. I was thinking it could be some bad memories she got from her past or something that she develops sensitive nipples. Even her husband was not allowed access to them!

Tulips, got your tinkle! Thanks for the concern dear... We're close to the last lap, jia you! My EDD is 10 Jun but my bb is already kicking me very hard as if he is saying he wants to come out soon. My, you're only 54kg now? I'm 59kg now. You must be really slim before...

Btw, the Pampers New Baby NB diapers are what the hospital will give us. According to most mummies, the pkt will run out once u're discharged fr the hospital. Hence it will be advisable for u to standby similar diapers for your bb after birth. I've managed to nego for a better price, go check your email!

As for maternity pads, many mummies rec Pureen's Madame maternity pad (20pc per pk). Hence i got 2 of it. But also got 1 Kotex, 1 Laurier just in case. The one hospital will be giving us is the loop type which is uncomfortable for most mummies hence i don't think i'll use it.

Will it be tough for mummies to return to the workforce after 1yr? Bec of what i've gone through at my previous coy, i'm rather skeptical abt the working world now. Already many coys are reluctant to take in married women, let alone women married with kids. I hope things will get better though. Or maybe we will see more ministers and high-ranking CEOs giving up their pay raise to charities! *sarcism*

Just tried haemorrhoids ointment and suppositories to heal my haemorrhoids that has come bk to haunt me again. Never tried this in my whole life... yuck! But they certainly helped in curbing this prob. My gynae also forewarned me that i might see it come back, fiercer and larger, during labor. Poo power, how did u manage to cope with it? My mum had to have her piles removed surgically many years later after she gave birth to my bro and me. Anyway, better not scare anyone here as most piles do heal after some time.

Anyway, missbluey, i hope your piles are in control now. Let us know how u are k? Are u still having insomnia?

Tulips, let me know when u're ok to meet up then? Btw, will u be going for the doc's talk at SCGS next Tue (17 Apr) since our antenatal course at TMC is over?

Oh ya, someone here has a hb who is hooked to WOW as well? Welcome to our thread! How're ya gal? Wld u like to intro yourself?

tinklebell: thanks for your concern..still recovering from nightmare piles, but it's much better as compared to the last few days. had to lie on my side to sleep, can't be a papaxiong for now..keep complaining to hubby how painful it was..was stuck to chair for a few days, haha..used the cream prescribed by a TCM doctor which i used a few times before..managed to push in those things. =(

wao, both you & puretulips are lighter than me! envious! i am already 58.6kg since my last visit to the doc..looks like i am gonna hit 60kg pretty soon! =(

woke up really early this morning - 4.30am... =_= and i couldn't slept..think i shall nap later on..zz..

Hi Poopower,

Your weekend is here.. ; p

Sorry for my late reply..
I have been sick lately... having flu then slight fever + cough & sorethroat...
I didn't really sleep well recently..

Dear All,

I'm back..
how much weight we should gain for the first 5 mths?

Dear All,
you ladies are due in 2 mths time & u weigh not so much, is like gain for about 13 to 15 kg? My friend gain 20kg when she was pregnant, she slim back again. I also wish to know how much I would / should gain.. any advise?

hi puretulips
how yr trip to yr mum place? How r yr nieces n nephew? How old r they? Been looked after by yr mum since young? R they v close to yr parents? wonder is the theory true tat once a bb looked after by a particular care giver (excl mum), they will be close to them. Or eventually, they will still go back to their mummies?
u dread monday becas hb hv to go back to work?
am not sure who will look after my bb once he is 18 mths. either myself, my parents, MIL or childcare(CC). Personally, wat is yr view on CC? How long do u intend to look after bb?

hi tinklebell
long time no hear from you. Been busy wif work? Will yr ILs be coming down to see their grandson once he is born? Hv u traveled to see them? Ever think of joining them? If i hv a chance, i do not mind migrating to Melbourne - about 7 hrs flight ...
I also hv a Hillsong CD - found it to be v good. Don Moen n Marty Nystrom are also v heartwarming. Basically, i love Praise n Worship songs. How about u?
Bf aint easy. I tot i would succeed but ... sometimes, we r the one tat places too much stress on ourselves -
'Thy is the greatest enemy'
Haemorrhoids - no experience. My friend had it after giving birth. Doc prescribe medication n it healed within a week or so. She also bgt the swimming float (round one) to sit on it.

hi missbluey
how r u feeling? Seen a gynae at KKH? hv u signed up for antenatal class? will be most glad to lend u my notes if u need them

hi fayina
hope u r feeling better. Seen the doc? Do take extra care now tat u r pregnant. i too jus recovered from headache couple of days ago. not sure is it due to the weather ? How come yr having sleepness nites? Should we then organise a wee hours outing instead???
Ideally total weight gain for pregnancy is approx 13-15kg but individual differs. Do not worry so much about it . most impt is bb n u r healthy. also seek advise from doc if in doubt. btw, do u know is it a boy or girl?

have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Tinklebell, welcome back! Hey, I'm also a fan of hillsongs...been playing for my little bb as well as reading the children's bible to her. kekeke....she seems to be very excited when I first read to her last wk....she started kicking me non-stop while I was reading to her....

I'm not slim lah...just that I lost 7kg during my 1st trim due to severe morning sickness. I really hope not to put on too much on myself otherwise will hv a difficult time shedding the extra pounds.
kao_cry.gif
BTW, talking about the NB diapers....4 pcs for $14.50 is quite expensive rite? Did I get you correctly? Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I just went mothercare and bgt the Avent steriliser and the ISIS IQ uno breastpump this morning. Been having a hard time deciding which brand to buy. Their 20% sales had already ended but fortunately I have a 15% disc voucher. I also bgt a bathtub and their maternity pads. Not sure if the pads are gd but thot can give it a try. Where did you get your maternity pads? Can't find it at NTUC. U bgt quite alot of pads hor....do we need that much? Thot of getting another pkt of another brand to stock up. I'm still not sure if I can attend the talk next Tues. Gotta wait for hubby to confirm if he has any work commitments. How abt u?

Where do u wanna go? Mayb we can meet downtown for a cuppa?

Hi Fayina, the appropriate weight gain for each pregnant woman will depends on her pre-pregnancy weight. Normal range shld be between 11-18kg. U can visit this website for further info.
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/1466.html

Hi Missy bluey, Fayina, it's norm for preggies to exp insomia. Try to catch some sleep in the afternoon if possible.

Hi Poopower, my parents has been taking care of my nieces and nephew since they were born. My eldest niece is already 8, my nephew is 4 while my younger niece is turning 2. They are quite close to my parents esp my younger niece who will always look for my mum. But when my sister is around, they will still prefer to seek for her attention. While it's gd that parents can help to take care of your childn, but I wld still prefer to take care of my bb myself if given the choice. Looking at my nieces and nephew, I don't think I want to put my bb under their care. Firstly, they over-pamper the children that they climb over their heads at most times. Secondly, my parents sometimes speaks vulgarities in front of them and the childn starts to follow. Unless I can close 2 eyes otherwise I don't think I can accept their way of upbringing....

Ya...I don't like Mondays cos bb and I will be alone again...kekeke...I don't encourage parents to plc their childn in cc after my bad experience. But of course, I do believe that there are still some CCs with teachers that are truly passionate and sincere to teach the childn. There are pros and cons if you wanna plc yr bb in cc but if given no other option, I guess cc will be the only solution. Most importantly, you must feel comfortable with the teachers and their teaching methodology. It's gd to go visit the centres and observe for yourself. I also do not know where to plc my bb if I decide to go back to work. Hmmm.....it's definitely tedious to adapt to the working world should we decide to return to the work force..don't know if I can get use to the morning rush....kekeke

Maybe the ministers should consider donating part of their pay hike to baby bonus. $3K is really insufficient.....hahaha

How are you ladies?

Looks like our dear wawa is a new mommy now happily doing her confinement with her lil' prince. Since her mom's place doesn't have internet access, guess we won't be hearing from her till at least a mth later...

Tulips: Besides hillsongs, i also like to read fairy tales, fables and even bible stories to my bb. He also gets excited and kicks non-stop everytime i talk to him, esp with classical music playing in the bkgd. Hillsongs apparently has albums for kids as well, have u heard them before?

Missbluey and Fayina: How are u? Hope your insomnia is going away. 2nd tri is usually a breeze so don't worry, these symptoms will go away.

Sylvia dear, you have been v quiet since. How far is your hb with his WOW quest? How old is your bb now and it is a boy or gal? How long have u been temping for? Do tell us more abt yourself
happy.gif

Hi Poopower, Tinklebell & Dear Mummies,

Still having cough & sorethroat.. ; (
Last night insomnia again... didn't sleep.. woke up around 7 plus then back to rest around 10plus & woke up around 12plus till now..
Haven't see doctor yet...
Can I take cough mixture 'woods'?
If it get worse, should I go GP or?

I have not know my bb gender yet.. (very excited) hopefully in 4 weeks time (my next check-up) will be able to know my bb gender liao..
heard quite a no. of complications during pregnancy, so worried sometimes...
Really hope my bb is healthy & strong!

Hi Pure Tulips,
Thanks for the information about the weight & advise.. because my last visit to doctor (last Tues) he said I gained little weight, asked me to eat more.. I thought I was eating alright but I admit I eat small portion of food, simply cannot finish or sometimes don't know what to eat..

Oh, ya... when our bb can start to listen to our voices, music etc?

hi all,

i am feeling quite better now...thanks..i guess it sort of helps when hubby was sleeping beside me (though his snoring can be very irritating!)..that last 2 days when hubby was in overseas, i couldn't really get to sleep & woke up at 6am for no reason. zzz...

nowadays, i started to feel a little tired during the day time..yet i am afraid that i can't get to sleep if i have a nap in afternoon..

weather has been very hot lately...hope you all have been drinking lots of water! =)

Hi Fayina, I think it's better to consult a GP rather than self medicate. Just let the GP know that you're pregnant and he'll prescribe medicines that are safe for preggies. I can understand what you are gg thru cos I was also sick quite frequently during my first trim and had no choice but to take the cough syrup and anti-biotics prescribed by GP. Try to take plenty of rest and water. Don't worry too much ya! Baby are well protected in our womb. That's what my gastroenterlogist told me when I was hospitalised due to food poisoning. Don't worry about not eating sufficiently cos babies are intelligent being and they will know where to obtain their nutrients. Just eat whatever amount you can. Anyway, it's also gd to take small but more meals so that you can digest better. I think baby begin to hear from 20wks onwards. I started playing music to my baby when she's around 20wks.

Hello missbluey, I am also like you, can't sleep when my hubby goes away for biz trips. Don't like the feeling of being all alone at home. I also can't sleep if I take naps in the afternoon but I found out shopping is a gd way to make me tired and slip into slumberland easily at nite. kekeke....Hey, do join me and tinklebell for another shopping spree soon! We just spend half the afternoon at John Little today!

Gooooood morning ladies
Jus fed bb milk n pat him to bed ... think i'd better type now - very busy past few days. MIL not around
happy.gif

Hi Puretulips
Wow, yr bb also move when she hears music - do u or yr hb sing to her often? When bb in my tummy, play music - not much movement (like wat my doc mentioned - bb is a gentle bb) I actually "invented" my own song to put bb to sleep n i am pretty proud of it. Tat reminds me, need to remind hb to record my creation.

Yeah, i do agree tat a child will follow behaviours n actions of their main care-giver. My sis eldest child is being looked after by my mum when he was young. Certain actions/words tat he does/says is exactly like my mum pattern ... i too totally agree tat grandparents (gp) will over pamper their grandchildren (gc). However, my mum does over pamper him but not my dad. But the best is whenever a gc wants to buy something, they can approach the gp.

R u by nature not a morning person? I too dislike the morning crowd - hv to rush according to others.
$3K is definitely not enough ... planning for a 2nd one already. Govt will match $ to $ n yr child could get up to $9000 ...

How yr shopping trip? Gotton any good bargains? Now, going for shopping trips is only to look for diaper n bb stuff offer. Come to think of it, its been a while since i bought something for myself - ahhh! Mother's Day coming - will hint hint to hb to buy something ...
Does yr hb need to travel a lot? How do u cope? i tot its bad enough tat if my hb hv to work shift - to travel ... i will miss him or shall i say, will feel 'funni' without him by my side.

Hi Fayina
Hope u r feeling better. i too agree wif Puretlips tat u should seek doc advise before taking any medication. Its better to be safe than sorry.
U can think but do not worry. How u feel, it will affect bb. How come u r worried about complications? Been hearing a lot of -ve stuff? Initially, i too was worried when i was pregnant but i told myself tat i hv to accept whatever situation that comes my way. My main concern is whether bb will be ok. If u are worried about anything, share with us n hopefully, we r able to give u some good advise ...

Hi missbluey
How do u cope when yr hb out-stationed? Does he need to travel a lot? Hey, my hb snores too. Sometimes it can be really frustrating but surprisely, my bb can sleep when he hears his daddy snores - guess he has been hearing the familiar sound for the past 40 weeks ...

If u dont want to sleep in the afternoon, jus close yr eyes n rest. Tell yrself to relax. Do occupy yrself wif things to do - be it mentally or phyiscally. Or wat Puretuplips suggest, join them for a shopping spree (window shopping also can). Its always good to have someone to chat with

Okay MTB - do take care n hv a superb weekend. Will be keeping u gals (n bb) in my thoughts n prayers

Sending on behalf of Wawapiggyling (rec on 17/04)

Hi mummies!

I'm back home! been very busy looking after baby tianle....just scanned through the posts and must say I'm very touched by all your concerns and prayers and well wishes!!!

i delivered through induction on 12 April, here is the birth process if you are interested..

9am - insert tablet (cervix dilation 1.5cm b4 insertion)

12pm - back to clinic. gynae checked and 3cm dilated.. admitted

3pm - gynae checked but no progress.. broke water bag and start drip.. still can't feel contractions yet... gynae says prob can start pushing ard 9 - 10 pm.

4plus pm - pain became unbearable and laughing gas not useful at all... asked for epi

6pm - midwives said i'm ready to push.. gynae asked to come...

7pm - gynae came and started pushing.. within 3 pushes, baby tianle is out!!! he weighed 3.5kg at birth =)

been very busy looking after him. lack of sleep.. first few days were tough.. didnt manage to latch on properly till now... so spent most of the time expressing..but thank god have milk.... engorged breast only for one day and subsequently became better...

got to run... baby needs feeding and i need epressing... ;may not be able to blog on as frquently but hope to share and exchange poointers with you ladies lots more... for those still expectong, the joy of motherhood far outweighs the physical discomforts!!

take care!!

Oh my! Congratulations to our wawa for giving birth to wawa Tianle! Your labour seems so easy... just 3 pushes?! Wow... You must be enjoying the joy of being with your lil' prince now. Does your perineal wound bother u? Do take care and join us back soon!

Poo power how have u been? The outing with tulips yesterday was fun and fruitful, esp when JL was having a 20% storewide discount until Sun. Tulips was looking for "pink" stuff and i was looking for toys ;)

Just wondering if we are able to visit u and ur lil' one at your place since it will be inconvenient for u to join us for outings? Would love to visit wawa too but it may be inconvenient now that she's doing confinement.

Fayina - do seek advice from your gynae on ANY OTC medication. If his clinic doesn't have the specific medication, he'll prescribe u one that u can get from pharmacies. Hope you'll get well soon and be able to join us in outings. Tulips and i both had a good time and exercise yesterday - right tulips? You can talk/sing to your bb anytime from 2nd tri onwards although u'll only feel his/her response more prominently in the last couples of wks in 2nd tri or 3rd tri onwards. I describe the first kicks u feel in your tummy "fluttering butterflies" as they are gentle and yet you can feel them... It's a magical feeling when u first experience them.

Missbluey - Glad your hb is back. I guess your insomnia is mostly caused by his absence right? ;) Hbs' snoring can be a terror but can be a soothing lullaby as well and surprisingly you'll miss the snore when he's not around. That's what happened to me. My hb's snores are thunderous but i miss them when he's away... ;)

hi Puretulips, Poo_power & Dear Mummies,
Thanks..
Feeling better today...
Btw, I got problem taking iron pills, difficulty to swallow.. any advise? I had milk & biscuits this morning and after I tried to take my iron pill, I broke into 2 pcs then I swallow.. but slowly after, I vomitted all out (my breakfast with water as well) ; (
Is iron & milk heaty?
I actually start to feel heaty after taking the iron & milk.. also suffer from constipation as well.. ; ( trying to drink more water, fruits, force myself to eat prunes.. dun quite like the taste..

By the way, how do u feel yr bb move inside u?
I start to feel something... but unsure if it is movement... when I think of it... it brightens up my emotions... hee..hee...

So nice & happy to hear from Wawa..
She must be feeling very happy now.. occupied now as well... spending those moments with Tianle ; )

hi Tinklebell,

You ladies must have enjoyed the shopping spree yesterday..
I feel better today, thanks alot for your advise.

I am in my early 2nd tri.. so I guess the feelings I got is not movement bah...
When is last few wks of 2nd tri? (how many wks?)
I've been listening to music sometimes.. Lullaby Baby music... don't know bb can listen anot?

Btw, u are due in Jun, same as Tulips, right? So u will opt for natural or C-section at MT. A ?
Can u share with me about the prices (estimate amt. like how much cash we will have to fork out) ?

poo power, tinklebell & puretulips:
actually hubby went for a short holiday. his job doesn't require him to be outstationed. i thank god for that! he didn't bring me along cuz he is afraid i may not be able to take the long journey. luckily, it was only 2 days. i spent those 2 days at my parents' house. haha! a little awkward spending the time with in-laws ma.

i try avoiding to nap during afternoons. occasionally go out with friends/cousin.

anyway i woke up as early as 5.45am & then i couldn't sleep anymore. my back has been aching since last night & i have slight difficulty going to sleep. suddenly woke up at that time cuz bladder full, then back began to ache again. sigh.

fayina:
i don't think milk is heaty, but rather iron is. that's why it can cause constipation. i also suffer from constipation every now & then, been taking prunes & raisins (but not everyday).

hope you feel better.

wawa:
congrats!! must jia you wor!

hi missbluey,

Thanks! I will try to take rasins as well..

Hope you will sleep well tonight.. have u start to do some stretching in the morning?
It helps sometimes... that time I was also having backaches & I tried stretching every morning.. it helps after that..

Btw, have u start to feel yr bb movement?

Hello ladies, so glad to hear from wawa. Her labour is so smooth sailing....Tinklebell, hope we're also blessed to have short and smooth sailing delivery! Wawa muz be enjoying her motherhood now....yesterday's shopping was definitely enjoying....so many things to see and buy...kekeke....we shall arrange for our next "chocolatie indulgence" outing before our delivery...muz pamper ourselves before the BIG DAY! Kekeke...

Hi Poo power, I play hillsongs, lullaby and barney songs for bb. So far, my bb loves hillsongs cos she moves alot when I play it. Hahaha....u shld record your invention and cut yr own album then mayb can share wt us. Keke...y're right, I'm not a morning person and I always laze on my bed even my alarm clock goes off. I'll give myself 5mins then another 5mins and 5mins.....till it get so late that I'll jump out of my bed and rush for shower....hahaha....shopping was fun and fruitful..bgt alot of baby stuff at 20% discount. My hubby used to travel at least 4 - 5 times every year but eversince I'm pregnant, he tries to get his colleague to travel on his behalf if not, he'll cancel the trip cos he knows I wn't be able to sleep if left alone at home...kekeke....Haha...my hubby also snores sometimes it can be quite irritating but at times it has therapuetic effects too.....
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi Fayina, how soon each pregnant woman experience bb's movement really depends on individual. I felt my bb's movement when I was in my 17 weeks. I was so amazed when I first felt the movement. The feeling is indescribable and I feel so blissful....Which type of milk are you taking? Powder / fresh milk? If it's powder milk, then it's definitely heaty. With the iron tablets you'll feel even more heaty. One option is to take the iron tablets on alternate days. Drink lotsa water, fruits and veg. If u dn't like taking prunes, u can try the juice. It helps for my case. Ok gals, have a blessed nite.

fayina:
no problem! hope it helps. =)

i had slight difficulty in sleeping last night, think partly b'cuz mil turned on the tv volume rather loud + hubby's snoring. even though i put on ear plugs, i can still hear the tv blasting away with my door closed. =_= then later, mil was nagging at fil..zzz.....
anyway, glad that i didn't woke up so early this morning. =p

err..i rarely do stretching. i still 'click' my back in mornings, usual habit before pregnancy. i think that helps. hehe. i did try to do some simple stretching & try not to hunch whenever i sit lor. today, my back is quite better.

hmm, i still not so sure how to feel bb's movements leh. yesterday i got this 'fluttering butterflies'/'flipping' feeling for a moment & then i couldn't feel it afterwards. wonder was that it?? but at the same time, i felt a little stomach cramp too, those funny funny feelings.

what about you?

hi Puretulips,

I'm taking Dumex mamil Mama (powder form) ya, I only take iron tablets on & off... I try to take prune juice before.. same taste... Thanks ya!

hi missbluey,

Glad that u slept well through those loud vol.. luckily u have ear plugs..

Last few days (on & off) I feel like kind of weird movements... I also wonders... I could not describe the feelings too..
Feel amazing & excited somehow... but unsure whether is it the bb's movement..

Hi Fayina

Do u like papaya? It's gd in reducing constipation. I have constipation on and off bec of iron pills too. Have been taking whole-grain bread, lotsa greens and fruits and H2O to prevent it. I also have been taking prune juice and yakult. If all these don't work, get the gynae to give u a stool softener which i did. When my constipation got so bad that i suffered fr haemorrhoids, i had no choice but to get my gynae to prescribe me a haemorrhoid cream and suppositories. He said it is better to treat it asap as it will be worse after labour.

Yes my EDD is in early Jun and will be delivering in MAH. You can find out the charges at the hospital website but take note there r other fees like doc, anaesthesian, etc. that are not there. One thing i know is you'll enjoy 5% discount off the delivery package at MAH if you pay by UOB Lady's Card. I guess i will only have a better idea of the cost breakdown after i deliver!

Hi all,
I'm a SAHM with a pair of 6-month old gals. Though I'm enjoying my gals a lot, I also missed days where I had more "freedom" and feel a lot more "productive" when I was working. But I tell myself I can always work again but my gals will never be the same babies then. I don't want to miss out on these wonderful initial years where they grow and change so fast! And I do insist on my "off days" where my HB and maid will take care of them while I "cheong" downtown to shop and dine with friends.
happy.gif

puretulips,
I'm staying in Sembawang, so quite near to your place. Can always meet up when we have time.
happy.gif
I also delivered at TMC and it was a good expereince.
My hb is a NCG (non-church-going) Christian. He attended church service with me while I was pregnant bcos he was afraid the congregation would "crushed" me and my bump! Hehehe... Anyway, his faith picked up a little and he also pray at times now. I think his biggest hurdle is his parents, but I'm certain he will get his breakthrough. So hang on to your faith and believe for salvation for your hb.

hi tinklebell,

I'm ok with papaya & I do take sometimes.. take vitagen as well.. (occasionally) Ya... wanted to get the whole meal bread.. more fibre.. (need to remind myself to take more vege, fruits, wholemeal bread, rasins, prunes, more H20) to ease my bowels.. but sometimes will forget or neglect these items.. Oh..my..

Thanks for the info on the charges... ;)

Hi twins_mommy, nice hearing from you. U muz be on cloud nine when u got to know that you were carrying twins then. It's like striking toto...kekeke....so initially muz be quite tough for you to handle 2 babies. BTW, which part of sembawang r u staying? My sis is also staying in Sembawang and her blk is just across the train stn. Hey, nice knowing yr hubby actually started praying. My hubby also attended church service wt me at times but eversince I'm pregnant I've stopped attending the service cos my church is too far. Sigh..my hubby's family is a staunch buddhist but I'll cont'd to pray for his salvation. Maybe we can meet up for lunch 1 of these days. You can also join us when we arrange for our next outing.
kao_clap.gif

puretulips,
Sorry for the late reply. I actually "lost" this thread.
uhoh.gif

I'm staying at Sembawang Drive, about 3 bus stops away from your sister. For me, I think the tough part is over. The toughest (terrible two) is yet to come. Hehehe...
biggrin.gif

Well, I wasn't on cloud nine when I was told I had twins. I was in "shocked" the evening I was told during my review at the gynae's clinic. I couldn't smile the whole night. When I wake up the following morning alone at home (cos hb goes to work much earlier than me), I cried when I realised "it wasn't a dream". Its not that I'm not happy, I was just not prepared to have 2 babies at one go bcos I have no one to help me. We were already having a hard time sourcing for a potential nanny for ONE baby and now, TWO??? Anyway, that was precisely the reason why I had ended up a SAHM.
happy.gif

Oh yes, no prob. We can always meet up for lunch or afternoon tea since we have no work commitments. Hee!

Hillo everyone n welcome twins_mommy

Hi Twins_mommy
Guess u r the envious of all but then again, i am facing challenges looking jus after ONE baby n u have two - it aint easy at all.

Jus to let u know the mummies who r active in this thread
1) Puretulips - EDD Jun
2) Tinklebell - EDD Jun
3) Missbluey - EDD Sep
4) Fayina - EDD Sep
5) Wawapiggyling - Jus delivered on 12 April
6) Poo_power (tat me) - Delivered on 15 Jan

My bb is about 3 mths old. Every month, there is something new to learn from him. In the 1st month, when they sleep most of the time, we hope to play wif them. Now, in the 3rd mth, they r awake most of the time, we hope they sleep longer. So, now my log in time to the forum is much lesser.

Are yr twins on solid food? How often do they drink? Can they sleep thro out the night? R u bf? Giving any Formula? Do they screech? My bb seems to be learning how to talk loudly n sounds like screeching n i am not sure is it part of growing up or is it a bad habit???
Do take care n hope to see u during the Motherhood Exhibition in Jun

Hi Fayina
Ever tried taking Fresh Milk? U could opt to drink on alternate days - this is to reduce the heatiness. Drink lots of water n must have enough rest.
So, any plans this week? Robinsons having 20% off bb stuff n might jus pop by to see wat there to get before GST increase. but then again, should i wait for the Great SIN sale???

Hi Puretulips, Tinklebell n Missbluey
Any plans this week? Going for Robinson sale as well? We might meet up if u decide to go ... Tot of going tmr since my hb not working but still thinking ...

Time for bb bath time. Take care n see u all soon

Helloo....ladies, it's Monday again! The day I dreaded most.....just went for my check-up last Sat and glad to know that my little baby has turned position (Now her head is down). Guess all my chatting with baby really helps! My baby is also growing steadily weighing 1.6kg now and if she contds to grow at the same rate, she'll weigh around 3kg at birth. Kekeke...Can't wait for the day I can finally see and touch her!

Missybluey - FYI- The clinic no long sells the stretch mark cream that I'm using. They brought in another brand which the nurse claims it's dermatologist recommended. It's called physiogel $28.

Hi Poopower, think I'll give Robinson sale a miss....already bgt most of the stuff and also getting lazy to shop nowadays. However, I don't mind if we meet for lunch or hi-tea. Kekeke...

Hey, twins-mommy, do you have a msn a/c? Thot it'll be easier to communicate via msn. Mayb we can arrange for lunch this wk? I can meet you at Sun plaza.

Back