Any SAHMTBs?

newborn_mmy,
having those dreams is different from handling one myself... I'm also clueless about taking care of babies and have to learn as I go...

re: shopping
sounds fun but as tinklebell says, it's not advisable for me to wander ard now, or else you all may need to send me to hospital.. haha.. it's also good to shop while you all still can before the tummy gets too big to walk ard.. guess i have to give the meeting a miss and join u all after all the mummies give birth in may and june?

tinklebell, you sure has lots of questions to ask.. heehe.. but it's good to share and ask...h/e, i think i can't share much on your questions since I have not given birth yet.

re: giving birth
I'm gonna visit my gynae again tmr.. 37th week now. gynae says baby may be big size for my small size.. he's mischevious.. threatened premature labour from abt 32 weeks and I had to take medication to slow down my contractions.. last week finally reached 36 weeks and given the green light that he can come out.. 1 cm dilated last week and I had been waiting since then but he doesn't want to come out now.. haha..will like to hear what my gynae will advise and update you gals!

Hi ladies, just wondering what is the likelihood of getting chickenpox a 2nd time when I already got it before? Just met up with my friend and discovered that someone in her family is down wt chickenpox. Went home to dettol myself but still worried........I wish I can confirm with you gals if I can meet up next week but to playsafe, till I show no signs of chickenpox then I'll confirm. Maybe you gals can go ahead to meet up 1st. Now I am so worried............maybe I shouldn't think too much....sigh!

Hi Poopower, for the time being, I"m giving myself 4mths to bf my baby but if I have no difficulties I may cont'd to bf for a few more months. U know, bf entails alot of patience and determination and I don't know if I can do it for that long. I took the early childhood studies at ICEC at Temasek towers and the duration of the course is abt 7mths. The course fees is $7250 but they found a childcare ctr who is willing to subsidize $5000. So I came up with $2250. On top of that, I was given $500 allowance every mth but they only give you the lump sum of $3500 when you complete the whole course. So at the end of the day, I did not have to cough up any single cents. The bond with the childcare ctr is only 1 week which is why I decided to take up the course. But frankly speaking, having worked at 3 diff childcare centres during my attachment is indeed an eye opening experience and I told myself never will I send my baby to a childcare ctr. I will share more with u gals when we meet up. All I can say is that I am disappointed with most of the centres and what I learnt couldn't be applied in real life situtation.

So wawapiggyling u have a right choice when u did not take up the sponsorship course but if you are still keen to pursue the course, I would suggest you to take up only when you're baby is bigger. I have one classmate who drop out cos her baby was only 3mths then and she was suffering from depression coping with the assignments and taking care of bb. So she had to pay a penalty which is the full sum of the course!!! ya boy, gg into 3rd trim soon. Actually I feel that I suffer more than I enjoy my pregnancy but I do pray that the rest of my 3 trim will be smooth sailing! Ya, I stopped working due to my gastric and furthermore my immune sys has always been low hence I fall sick easily. So the first trim I suffered alot and lost 7kg. But I tried to look on the bright side when I was suffering at that point of time and I told myself at least I won't pile on so much weight.

Sorri gals, too depress to write anymore...in case if I dn't reply any of your question, please pardon me. Now too worried........Wapiggyling, all the best, Do let us know when your boy boy decides to come out.

puretulips..

It's natural to feel worried but do not be overly paranoid. What i understand is that if you get chicken pox once and if it isn't full blown, then likelyhood of getting it again is higher.. but im not too sure how true is that. anyway, your friend's family got it and not ur friend, perhaps she doesn't carry the virus with herat all?

wow.. your childcare course was really worth it!! only a week bond?? do they still offer it? i may want to take up once baby comes and I have settled down. interested to hear your stories abt not putting baby in childcare.

Hey tulips, it's ok if we can't meet up... The chances of getting shingles is actually rather slim and (not to scare u), it doesn't mean u can contract it by coming in contact with someone who carries the virus. Shingles is usually caused by weak immune system which can be brought abt by stress for eg. So i guess the best thing u can do right now is to boost your immune sys as much as possible by taking a balanced diet with fruits and veg and drink lotsa fluid. Have u been taking multivits? U shd seek your gynae's advice if u're really worried over the well-being of u n ur bb. So try to take it easy and don't be too stressed out ok?

Hmm... so u don't recommend kids to be sent to childcare? You must really share with us. It will definitely be useful for us to know abt the pros and cons as i may be sending by bb to childcare as early as 6mths.

Hi Puretulips
I almost had the same experience as u : my mum was looking after my godson when he was suspected to have HFMD. However, after he went for doc check-up, it was chicken poxs (c/p). I was in my 3rd trim n i was like : Sharks! Will i get it? Or worse, will bb be affected? To play safe, i immediately packed my belongings n shifted back home.
I asked my gynae wat is the possiblity of bb getting c/p? He did mention tat i will need to monitor myself for ten days n if there is no sign tat i get c/p, most prob bb will not get (btw, i gotton c/p before). But he cannot absolutely confirm tat bb will not get.
If possible, i would advise u to give yr gynae a call or see him asap to determine the possibilites.
My dear, ps do not worry so much.! Most impt is not to stress yrself over it - always remember : GOD WILL NEVER GIVE U MORE THAN U CAN HANDLE. Look forward as to how u can protect yrself n baby. Be positive n be happy! Of course, do pray n i too will be praying for u.

To the rest of MTB
Its time to feed baby ... will reply to your ladies the next time i log on. In the meantime : take good care of yrself - cheers n be happy
happy.gif

hello....

decided to come in to look look see see after tinklebell posted this thread...

currently in the 13 weeks & is due on 1st oct...hehe.

puretulips
dont be depressed. i will pray for u tonite too.

tinklebell
like wawa , i think i hv to gv the outing a miss too . in my 34th wk now, and my feet/ hands/ nose are all swelling like crazy lor so no mood to go kaikai
sad.gif
. at least my feet/ hands i can hide .. but my nose lei, i cant hide lor
sad.gif
btw, hw much u pay for ur makeup course and now ur hair course at sch of makeup har? can i ask,bef this, were u wrking as makeup artiste? frm before i went to uni, i alw feel tt makeup artiste are so cool lor, like they can transfrm girls into beautiful ladies
lame.gif

wawa
the home run stretch now for u !!! jia yo!!

newborn_mmy
do take care n rest well. remember to prop yr feet up while sleeping (or whenever u can) - this would miminise water retention. Have u been eating well? Baby weight ok? do take care n will also pray for you n baby

Hi Tinklebell
Ever cross your mind or planning to start yr own business? A bridal shop or a makeover studio business? Its an asset to learn make up n hair styling! You hv indeed captured the "money making" industry - we women hv the spending power n we are more willing to spend!

Diaper - my boy has practically tried all brands in the market except Pureen (which i did not like because of the material). Whenever there is an offer on any diaper, i would buy the brand. Of course the risk is that my boy will not get used to it or there might be nappy rash. So far so good except for Drypers. For 3 times consectively i let my boy wear Drypers, 3 times i got to change his bedsheet ... it leaked! So, now, i am stuck with plenty of Drypers - still thinking wat to do wif them
sad.gif

I use diff brand of diaper for day, night n going out. At the moment, day time is Huggies, night time is Pigeon n going out is Nepia... Do not need to stock up so much diaper at one go because bb will grow very fast. My boy is relatively big - used newborn pampers when he was born n the next purchase was S size. Now, he is jus about 2 months plus n i am using M size. But then again, some M are bigger n some are smaller. e.g although my boy can use M size for most of his diapers but Petpet M size is relatively big. So, do not over purchase!

Normally, u change bb diaper every 2-3 hrs. That is between 8-12 pcs/day. So, i dont think a pack of diaper can last for one month. It would last for about a week or so only. You too need to buy baby wipes - or even better still, use cotton wool n water to clean baby when changing his diaper.

Did not use cloth nappies - dont think i have the time n energy to wash them. But it is good if u have nannies / CL to help to wash them.

Maternity pad - cant comment much because i had C-section. Pureen Madame is good. Very absorbent! If normal birth, i understand tat u use disposal panties on average for about 7 days. It all depends on yr blood flow

Will u be breastfeeding? If yes, then front buttoned pj n nursing top would be most ideal.

As for formula milk - ask the hospital which brand they are using n you can buy one small tin for standby. Chances are babies will not reject! I made the mistake in not purchasing wat the hospital gave my bb for supplement. Babies are funni in the sense that u have to learn their preferences n behaviours. Some are fussy eater, some are diaper sensitive n some are jus anything, everything also can. I have 3 diff friends in the above catergory. So, go slow on all purchases - till u know what your baby preferences are.

Hi wawapiggyling
Is NTUC currently KIVing your case? Its such a waste to give up the sponsorship! How about we taking the course together when our babies are bigger (n hopefully easier to handle)

My gynae also mentioned tat my bb too big for my small size. Initially, doc ask me to try for normal delivery but bb jus feel so comfty in his womb tat up to week 39 plus, i still do not feel any contractions. So, in the end, it was a planned C-sect. How about you? Trying for normal delivery? do take care n hope to hear from you soon

Hi mummies
I'm back from my gynae appt.. i'm close to 2 cm dilated now. gynae says i must be having contractions but I really can't tell as my tummy is always on the tight side.. even my gynae also understand why I feel this way when she touched my tummy. my nxt appt is nxt wed and if i'm 3cm dilated, she will induce me already. baby is growing fine and now at 2.9kg.. he didn't gain much weight over the past week but size is good for me to try natural. poo power, how big was your boy when he was born?

puretulips, are you feeling better? try to think on the positive side and not to worry too much.

newborn_mmy
drink lots of fluids to prevent wwater retention too..and don't walk too much...

re: Drypers
my friend passed me a pack of unfinished Drypers and asked me to try on baby bcos she find that it's not too good... but my mum whose doing the confinement for me thought that it's good cos she saw me bringing the pack to her house ... and she ended up buying 3 more big packs from ntuc when there was a discount!!!!!!

re: childcare.
I find that the course that puretulips has taken is indeed more worth it.. only a week's bond! heehee.. i will have to reapply the next time i want the sponsorship.the reason why i gave it a miss is that I feel I can always go for it when my children are grown up. but if i took it up, i'll be forgoing being a part of the the precious growing up phrases of my children's lives, a part which I will not want to miss.

poopower/ wawa
thks
happy.gif
for all the encouragement.it lifted my spirits up
happy.gif
. i do try and prop up and hb try to massage everynite for at least half hr. but still super duper big. i even took photo of my feet so tt nxt tm bb can see wat mummy went thru for her ... =P

wawa
so exciting !!! hope u wont forget this thread after u pop.. ( maybe it would be my turn nxt to pop).. come bk and chat wtih us ..
happy.gif

Hi wawapiggyling
Glad to hear tat everything ok for you. Feeling excited tat u going to see him soon? BTW, hv u chosen a name for yr bb? Mine is Alexander n his birth weight was 3.8kg
happy.gif

Newborn - Hope u're drinking more water, at least 8 litres a day if u can. It really helps get rid of water retention, amazingly! I had swollen feet for 2 days but guzzled up water like nobody's biz after that and it went down immediately! So nice your hb massages u, my hb is always playing computer game that he only does it upon request
sad.gif
Sometimes i just wish i can smash his laptop. Somehow i also feel we have drifted apart in some ways - esp sexually. He is always tired and i have kinda given up showing my anger and sarcacism. Guess i need to understand him more than he understands the pregnant me since he is the sole bread winner now. Most of the time, i massage him rather than the other way round, can u believe it? But i'm still looking on the bright side for the sake of my unborn child. What to do, i'm a harmonious librian afterall...

Btw, fyi, the pro make-up diploma course i took is $2.2k although mine was sponsored bec i need the skill my training/marketing/pr role then. The hair-styling course i'm doing now is $800. However u can also choose to go for personal make-up or certificate make-up courses that are less costly. You can go to http://www.theschoolofmakeup.com/ to check it out. They hold public seminars occasionally where u can get special discounts if u sign up on the spot. Cosmoprof is another accredited course provider in make-up and hair but they are more into stage make-up.

Wawa - Oh wow, how's the feeling like when u knew that u were 2-cm dilated? U mean u can don't feel the contraction at all even though u were dilating? Must keep us posted on your progress ok?

Missbluey - Welcome to our lively chatroom! I agree with poo power, just treat whatever your MIL says as a passing remark. The older generation will always try to show off just bec they have been through it before. Even my own mum can say the same to me, like why i didn't stay longer in my job even though she knew the real reason was i was told to leave. Oh well, i've learnt to take things in good stride. Nothing matters more than my bb now. If u'd like, we can meet up to kill time outside rather than cooping at home... i'll be most happy to be your company!

Poo power - Heehee, i think u can be our walking encyclopedia anytime! I'll stick to your advice on stocking up more newborn and S diapers then, you never know how much your bb will need till it comes out. I hear bad reviews on Drypers mostly as well, so i guess i'll rule this brand out. My friend rec Tena and Madame for maternity pads hence i'll stock up more of these 2 brands. As for formula milk, i've given up on comparing the various brands as they have almost the same nutrients just worded in different ways. I've decided to start with the mid-range brands first, hence i'll most likely get a tin of Friso infant formula for standby. Similac, Enfalac and Nan are simply too costly for any new mummy to try out. Do u know if it is better for the hospital stay pj to be 2 or 1pc? I don't have any decent 2-pc pj at home so would need to get one if it is more rec. Sorry for the questions, maybe i shd change my nick to Miss Inquisitive or Kiasu huh? ;)

Starting my own business in make-up? Actually i did think of it or at least something related. In fact i'm already into an event planning partnership with 2 other friends planning weddings, parties, product launches, image consultancy, beauty workshops, yacht charters, etc. Will let u all know once our website is ready!

Oh gosh, a 3.8kg bb is huge! Does Alexander outgrow his clothes and diapers very fast?

Tulips tulips, how art thou? Hope u're feeling better now... Do come back to us soon. We miss ya...

tinklebell/poo power
8 litres of water?? sure? that's really a lot i wld have ended up just drinking and visiting the loo whole day.. haha.. poo power, the last few weeks.. endure! 1 was actually hoping my gynae can say sth like "3cm and I'm going to admit you"... since last week when she says I'm going to give birth within these 2 wks, I was already estatic and wondering when will it be, ubtil now I'm already quite tired of waiting and anticipating the day. Plus the fact that my husband is really busy these few weeks (he works during these few weekends too and even can't come home on some nights), so I'm now hoping bb won't come out so early... i think bb is confused by me.. one moment wishing him to pop and the next hoping he can stay longer..

miss bluey
you are still early into your pregnancy so must stay positive! I'm not too sure how my MIL will react if she had known that I was no longer working. she did mention that she will leave it to us whether for me to continue working after bb comes or be a SAHM.. the reason why I did not tell them abt me not working is that I know for sure the 3 mths paid maternity leave is gonna be a major argumentative point, so it dreaded to a point until we eventually did not tell them.

tinklebell
you are really good, upgrading your skills and at the same time thinking of biz opportunities.. unlike me, so slack now.. no motivation to do anything except waiting for bb to come.

Alemak wawa, u mean i actually typed 8 litres! I must be out of my mind... hehe. It shd be 8 glasses of water. I agree the period of waiting is rather sian. Sometimes i also wonder my bb wanna pop out soon whenever he moves inside me.

Haha, if i can i'll choose to nua as well. Too used to working all the time so can't seem to slow myself down all of a sudden. And i supposed the only way to help me tide through the long haul is to keep myself occupied. What do u do to keep yourself occupied then? I wish i know how to knit too like some mummies so that i can make something for my bb.

tinklebell
yep, you typed 8 litres... which gave me a shock.... haha

i like to do cross stitch so i have done quite a few in the past few months.. besides that, my husband just bought me a sewing machine so i learn to sew.... by trial and error, i sewed a bedsheet set with the bumper cot for my bb, some small cushion covers and a toy.. took me a long time to do each item but the satisfaction is great!

good afternoon mummies! the whole family jus woke up - so u can imagine how tired all of us are. the best is after feeding bb, we pat pat him to bed n then before he sleep, my hb n i already knock out! my bb feed has been inconsistence - amount n time. so i am a little concern tat he is not drinking as much. at the same time, he is sleeping more n sometimes have to play the waiting game to see when he will be awake!

Tinklebell - wat game does your hb play on the internet? Previously, my hb also "glued" on the computer n can play long long hours. i have to always discuss with him on his playing pattern n sometimes discussion can lead to argument but now, all is well. It took me about a month or so to solve this computer thingy problem. wat i did was he agrees to play certain time n for certain hours which we both feel is 'fair" (got to give n take). If can, try to discuss n talk wif yr husband because games can be addicitve. how abt try hiding or sell his laptop - hahaha! not possible huh!

sometimes men need to be guided and taught. hv u express yr need to be massaged? let him know yr needs n appreciate if he does massages u for a while - then later hint tat this can repeated again some other time - it must be done progressively n gently. i always think tat sometimes, men are big babies!

yr qns are most welcome - i will do my best to answer them (of course they are just guidelines) if u intend to bf, then a 2pc pj is better. do u know what gown will Mt A provide?

my bb follow his father size. some of the clothes tat indicate up to six months, he cannot wear. so, now when i purchase clothes, i buy 12-18 mths . its a little big when he wears them but i rather buy big than later, too small for him. tat is also y i cannot stock up too much of anything - esp diaper.

hey, cant wait to see your website. do u need to pay for it? U engaged a consultancy?

btw, do u have puretuplips email? Has not heard from her for a while n hopefully she is ok.

Wawa - at my 38th week, i was prepared to do my c-sect but doc told me to wait for natural birth. i was like - hey doc, i am all prepared for u to 'cut' me n now u tell me to try for natural. i was kinda disappointed tat i had to wait further. so, the following week, i went out everyday n walk as much as i could (but each time, tired n hv to find place to sit) hoping tat i would feel some contractions but nothing leh! doc mentioned tat bb is a gentle kicker. at one stage, i almost could not detect his movement! so, i can imagine how u r feeling now. but hey, time passes very much n before u know it, your bb will be born. in the meantime, jus enjoy the process ....
happy.gif

jus curious : wat job does your hb do tat he can't come back on weekend night? Is he working shift? My hb thinking of working shift. he feels tat it is better becas he can spend more time with me n baby. any advise on this?

wow - u acutally sewn stuff for bb. he will be so proud of his mummy! keep up the good work! is it very ex to purchase the sewing machine?

miss bluey - how hv u been? how are things so far? do keep us posted

Hihi, sorry to intrude... i am captivated by some of your stories and would like to seek some advice.

I am actually a new MTB, just got preggie (8weeks+) but already experiencing MS daily especially in mornings. Its such a pain and torture to go to work every morning. The MRT or taxi makes sick. My hubby just returned from overseas and now i dun have the use of the car.

I already took 3 half day urgent leave last week and felt really terrible cos some of the meetings i had to skip. But i can't imagine how i can get to work, let alone sit in any meetings which i have to chair some. Already puked in the office toilet last Monday and Tuesday. The feeling is really terrible and i dare not go to the office toilet unless really no choice. I already lost some weight and have problems eating out.

Moreover, there is a sort of "power struggle" between me and my colleague. So she will be overjoyed if she were to find out that i am preggie. I am quite depressed now cos i have just told my boss and he seems understanding at first but i dunno what is my career chance now. Honestly, no matter what the company say about being Pro-family and supportive and blah blah... as long as a lady become preggie, there is always a high chance that we will become sidelined at work. Tat is the true reality.

Now, i am toying with the idea of giving up this no-win battle and converting to a SAHM, rather than waste my time and continue this power struggle. No wonder pple say that women on the career ladder do not want to get preggie. It is true. Sad to say.

So Wawa, dun feel so bad about being SAHM. I think its a very noble thing. Employed MTBs like us are suffering at work, on top with dealing with the preggie symptons. I really wish i have the luxury to stay at home and enjoy the pregnancy.

I just hinted to my hubby yesterday if i can take a permament MC... and he just said ok, but i dunno if he meant it as a comforting reply... i am in a dilemna now as to whether i should be working throughout the pregnancy or i shld quit... really can't imagine going to work everyday like that... such a torture...moreover my immediate unmarried colleague and me are engaged in a power struggle... so with this news, i am sure she will take opportunity to knife me... She kept asking me to take MC last week if i am not feeling well cos she can "handle everything" and told me not to waste my leave. She also send email out to my colleagues that i am on urgent leave cos i vomitted... really terrible...

Sometimes, its not just the $$, i wish.

Just sharing my sorrows...

tinklebell
thks
happy.gif
will try to drink as much water as poss. Today went for gynae chk. he say as long as blood press n urine ok, then swollen is ok. but hor, wah lau eh, very tuff for me to walk lei. cos the swolleness is making my feet get a 'numb' kind of feeling. hb say i walk like peguin
lame.gif

thks
happy.gif
for ur explanatn n url on the courses- it will be a dream come true if i ever get a chance to do the makeup+ hair course. either dip/certificate. any idea how can i get 'sponsored'?

i knw wat u mean abt hb sayg 'tired/nt in the mood'. and being SAHM, smtimes, u may feel like a certain 'respoonsibity/ burdern'? try to find a chance to hv nice dinner ( can be homecooked) , put on nice music, and just talk to hb abt the special places or sp thgs u both used to do (EG ur honeymn/overseas trips). its gd to recreate the intimacy- since couplehood is not only hinged on sex. its the close bond tt u both share.
hee, sori ah, loh soh me .. just my $0.02 worth.

wawa
hw u feelg ? i also excited to see my bb soon .. but also scared at the same tm.. are u stayg alone with hb only? cos if he's not arnd , dunno whether its safe for u to be alone during this time ..

cassie
welcome
happy.gif
i am also still FTW, just like u. i was also same as u, had very bad MS in the beginng , had to cope with wrk at same tm - its a miracle i pulled thru . dunno if it helps u- can try drink warm honey in mrg . maybe u can consider no-pay leave? FYI, the com will still gv u ML if NP leave.

tinklebell
btw ,today gynae did a grp B test for me. he says fr all his patients this is compulsory. its to test for bacteria in vagina. so tt when bb del , it doesnt infect bb. i knw tt not all gynaes practise this test, so maybe u can check with ur gynae arnd ur 32 wks??
for nitegown, antenatal class taught us to buy 1pc button frnt (all the way dwn type) becos incase u hv a c-sect. then the 2pc may kenna the wound.

poo_power
my hubby works in the army, and his working hours are quite erratic.. In what line does your husband work? I think it's really nice of him to want to spend more time with you and baby, esp when baby grows up very fast and it'll be great if he too can be part of the child's growing up process. Perhaps you can discuss with him how best to manage his working hours?
baby won't be able to appreciate what I have sewn until perhaps he's much older? =) by then he would have outgrown all the stuff and wouldn't remember already .. haha.. the sewing machine cost $200+ and indeed it has done it's fair share in keeping me occupied over the past few mths.

Hi cassie
welcome to the thread!
thanks for the encouragement. Don't be in despair. I think it all depends on your priority in life. Are you really willing to give up the income you are earning now to be a SAHM? Or do you want to continue working in the present co and do your bit but ignore all the power struggle and stuff? You may want to sit down and discuss with your husband and work out how to re-adjust your life if he is the sole breadwinner. I know it's really difficult to go thru this period working. The only memories of my last co. are me going to the toilet to puke.. must take note that once you quit now, it is really difficult for you to find a new job. you may have read how some of the mummies have shared their woes of not being able to find jobs while being pregnant.

newborn_mmy
who doesn't walk like penguin/elephant at our stage of pregnancy? i feel like a whale turning on my bed every night...

i stayed with my hubby only.. i have thought of the possibilities if i were to go into labour without him at home..call cab!!! so long as water bag don't burst, i think the cab driver will still take my biz right? otherwise, I'll travel to my mum's place to stay on nights that he doesn't come back.

where is puretulips??
wonder how is she?

Hi Cassie
Welcome to this thread - u can pop by anytime n join in our discussion n who knows, we might help u to decide on being a SAHM ... hmmmmm ... wat do u reckon?

jus my personal opinon: y do u want to be a SAHM? Becas of work - meaning tat u do not wish to "lose out" in yr career. tat is y u rather quit! Or becas u wish to stay home to nurture n groom your bb. Since u r so far in your career, u should stay on wif yr job n maybe after bb born, u can still decide whether u would like to be a SAHM. Do not quit yr job jus becas of being sidelined at work or becas of your colleague. Easier said than done,huh!? Guess it is the "Face" issue.
MS is rather common n yes, i admit tat it was so bad tat i jus had to lie down all the time for about a month. So, i do understand how u feel. But at the moment, u r not sure when yr MS would stop n 2nd trimester is the best feeling. U might perk up n perform very well in your job. Discuss wif yr boss n i am sure alternative arrangements can be made. Then again, r u willing to accept 'peer pressure'? If u wish to be a SAHM, husband support is v impt becas from a dual income to jus he being a sole breadwinner - the stress level would be very different for him. just my 2cents worth!

Hi newborn_mmy
jus curious how will grp B test affect bb. Is it only for natural birth?

hi tinklebell
i managed to bf bb wearing a 2 pc pj. yr wound would be binded - so, it is not so painful.

Dear all, thank u so much for your encouragement. Poo power, my hb plays World of Warcraft (WOW). Have u heard of it? Apparently it has taken the world by storm and the worse thing is they recently released an expansion pack which my hb is hooked onto now. I hv tried hinting to him and even pass sarcastic remarks at times but he will revert to his old self after a few days. I'm actually more mad at him losing his sleep and concentration at work bec of sleepless nites spent in front of the pc, rather than giving me less attention.

Hence newborm mmy, your suggestion abt discussing with him future dreams is virtually useless cos besides the game and work, he has no energy to think abt anything else. I'm glad already he still thinks abt the bb and me when he is off-computer. I ever spoke to him abt going for a last trip tog before bb comes along as we never really had a honeymoon after we got married. However as he is a v frugal person, naturally whatever trips are shelved. Sometimes he even gives me a 'face' when i bought things for bb or maternity, even though most of them r preloved! Sometimes i wonder if his frugality is a virtue or not. With regards to sex life, as he is rarely the initiator (ironically), i've decided to put off this form of intimacy until he comes to me or after i give birth. Fortunately it is not all abt s**, s** and more s** on women's mind ;)

Poo power, talk abt a big bb, he is the biggest one i've ever encountered so far and i had to choose to marry him... sigh. Guess the only way to make life better for myself is to close 2 eyes, instead of one and focus more on his "virtues" since he is after all my bb's dad. Perhaps, it is a blessing in disguise that he is spending most of his time at home rather than having fun outside.

Cassie, sorry to hear abt your situation. If you're worried abt your well-being and bb, why don't u give SAHMTB a thought rather than put yourself thru the power struggle? That is of cos if your financial situation allows. U cld always re-focus on your career after u give birth. I was in a fame struggle in my previous job as well. As the industry i was in is all abt results and image, the stress level is also high coupled with late nights and all. Hence it is a blessing in disguise that i had the opportunity to leave in my 3rd mth although it wasn't out of my own free will. I also discussed with my hb abt finding another job but he was glad that i could leave the inhumane coy and take a well-deserved break.

Thanks newborn for the tip on the nite-gown. I supposed i have to start hunting for a front-buttoned one soon although i'm praying i won't need a c-section. With rgds to the make-up course, so far i only know beauty companies who sponsor/subsidize their make-up artistes/beauty consultants and trainers to this type of course since they need the skill professionally. I was kinda lucky to get sponsored as i didn't know anything abt professional make-up before and that i wasn't fr the beauty industry previously as well. If u'd like to pursue a career in this industry, u cld perhaps sign up for a personal or certificate makeup course first (to gain the knowledge and skill), then join a beauty coy who is able to sponsor u to a diploma course later?

Poo power dear, i'm also worried abt Tulips since we haven't heard from her. I'll pm you her email in a while.

hi wawa
i thought i will be the only one posting for tonight but hey, u are faster than me!
my hb works in engineering line n he thought of taking up the shift work. well, still deciding becas i dun feel very comfty tat he will not be wif me during weekends. guess it is jus my mentality
sad.gif

i am sure yr bb can feel the warmth n love when he uses the bedsheet n plays with his toys! he is so blessed.
if u feel confident to handle all by yrself when yr water bag burst, then, by all means, stay home. (When water bag burst, u still have time to shower n then grab your stuff n take a cab to hosptial.) If not, it will be more advisable to stay at your parents place.
do take care n i feel so excited for you
happy.gif

tinklebell
hahaha ... men are really babies, huh!. tat is y i always feel that we women are the stronger sex. esp in EQ (emotionally). But then again, could it be due to society tat places pressure on them? What is your thought on "man should not shed tears" I think this is rather unfair to them - they should be allowed to cry. Behind every successful man is a tolerant n understanding woman! indeed, in order for them to perform successfully, they need the nudge of a woman!!!

WOW - yeah, my hb nearly wanted to participate in this game too but thank goodness, during tat time, i managed to dissuade him from doing so. He was on another online game. Hv u ever asked yr hb y he hook onto the game? my hb mentioned tat it is one way to de-stress!i do agree tat at least he is playing the game at home, keeping u company, rather than having fun outside!

btw, a person behaviour reflect his family upbringing. wat i am trying to say is : for e.g. if in his family, he does not see his dad showing affections to his mum, then, chances are , he may not know how to do so. tat is y, they need to be taught (by their wives) - as mentioned by newborn_mmy. They need to be reminded time n time n again. Plan for a trip b4 bb born n execute it . By u showing example to him, he may learn from you
Getting married is easy but maintaining it - yo boy, there need to be a lot of TLC (tender loving care)
The underlying rule is: In a quarrel, it is not important who is right or wrong. It is important as to who is more loving
happy.gif

Hi ladies, I'm back! Seems like I have missed out so much huh! I'm definitely feeling much better now! Thanks for all your concern.
kao_smile.gif
Managed to pull myself out of misery and looking on the bright side!

Hey Wawa, so excited for you! Finally get to see your little darling soon! Ganbete and will pray for you to have a smooth delivery!

Hi Tinklebell, my hubby used to play warcraft whenever he has the time but now that I'm pregnant he has stopped playing it for quite sometime. However, he still plays games with his PSP. I do complaint at times that he should be talking to me and baby rather than playing games but he claimed that he need to destress. So now, he only plays occassionally. I guess with one less income now, we have inevitably put some stress on our hubby especially now with baby coming, everything will need $$. With the added stress + work stress, I guess they need to find some ways to destress and men dont shed tears like us women, so the only way is to play games / through exercising. Maybe you can talk to him about limiting his time he spends on playing games so that he do not over tired himself out and end up can't concentrate on his work. Better still, he can spend the time with you and baby. I also massage for my hubby seeing how tired he is everyday after work. But after that, I do request for a massage in return.
kao_sticktongue.gif
Maybe you can try to "sa jiao" abit and ask him for a massage.Keke. Hmm...I don't think it's a good idea for you to travel now since you are already in your 3rd trim. Maybe you should shelve your plans till baby is at least a few months old. But this is just my opinion lah. Did you seek approval from gynae? Hey, you are also doing online biz? I am also into online biz selling hand-made accessories and imported accessories + apparel. But after I found out that I am pregnant, I have ceased all my online activities. Now all my goods are lying at home...haiz...Hmm...your biz seems like alot of potential for growth. Do keep us in the loop once it's in operation. BTW, we can go hunting for baby stuff / materials for our scrap book once I'm certain that I'm clear from chixpox.

Hi Cassie, we definitely welcome you to join us in this thread! I can empathise what you are going thru now cos I experience bad MS too during the first trim. In fact, most of us had been thru it and I'm sure you can too! Ganbete! Maybe you should take no-pay leave till your MS subsides so that you can have more bedrest as well as using this time to think through if you're ready to be a SAHM. Like what Poo power mentioned, most of the employers are apprehensive in employing women who have not work for a long period of time. So do consider carefully so that you do not end up having regrets. For me, I personally feels that family is more important as they will be the ones who will be there for me during my ups and downs. You'll feel the contentment and happiness just watching your little baby smiling at you and watching him / her growing as each day goes by.... while gaining authority at work is definitely self-fulfilling but it's not everlasting. Hmm...this is just my 2-cents worth hope you don't find me "cheong hei".

hi puretulips
You are back, dear - we all miss you so much! Glad to hear tat u are ok.
i am finally going for my Giant trip tomorrow - husband not working ...
hey, how is PSP? My hb wanted to get one but we still deciding. Is it worth the $$$? I am asking him to reconsider since he has a X-box already.

btw, did u buy any stroller pad ? i saw some at kiddy palace n john little - still aint sure to purchase them or not?

do take care n hope to meet up wif u soon

Hi hi Poo power, not too sure about all these IT gadgets but I think besides playing games, you can also store your photos, music and movies. It's also quite handy so you can bring it everywhere u go. Unless your hubby likes to play games on the go, otherwise X-box should be able to keep him entertain. kekeke. Sorry, what is a stroller pad? Does it serves as a protective layer? Didn't know there's such thingie...
kao_blush.gif
Enjoy your trip to Giant tomorrow. We'll all arrange to meet up after our little darlings have all arrive.

Puretulips
stroller pad (sp)is an additional layer or shall i say an alternative padding on the stroller.
while maclaren sp is being washed, i can replace it by another sp. but since SIN weather so hot, the sp does dry easily. i am more concern tat baby spill milk on the stroller or sometimes, we tend to place shopping bags n handbags on the stroller n thus the sp becomes dirty ... think i will get an additional sp while i have the time.

The standard bath tub tat i bought for bb is too small for him already - he does not have much space to move or kick his legs - think i will need to place him in a Toyogo box n bath him .... hahaha! So, hopefully, a trip to Giant would give me some idea on wat big tub i can buy for him to bath him in

Happy hunting for baby sutff for yr scrap book.

poopower
haha... you are so funny.. bathe your bb in toyogo box...so if your husband take up shift work, he'll have to work on weekends as well?? I will also feel how you feel if i were you. It seems like weekends are the only time husbands can spend time with the family after a week of work.

I'm praying hard that bb wont come out these 2 days.. hubby's been really busy.. for the past weekend, he had been working... and he'll only have a breather after tmr.. dunno why i start to worry a lot and get emotional recently... perhaps it's the stress of dunno when bb's gonna come out plus the fact that hubby is too busy to really be here for me.. though he already tried his best to be ard (even when it means coming back at 12 plus at night and going off to work at 5am) and says that if i shld deliver, he'll rush down asap. just a few nights ago, he mentioned that he won't be home on sat and mon night... i wld have been used to these kind of nights but somehow i started crying cos i really feel insecure.. i usually stayed at my mum's place if he does not come back but this time round i really wish he cld be present shld anything happen.. but i know i cant expect him to stop all his work just becos bb is due soon.
=( .. apologies for whining.. somwhow need to get it of my chest..

Re: PSP
So coincidental. my hubby just bought a PSP for his brother's 21st birthday... he spent a total of $500+ at courts for that small machine, plus 2 games and extra memory stick i think.. I can't remember what's else in the bundle already.

re: stroller pad
do those sold outside fit any stroller or must fit certain brands??

Haha...poopower, seems like your baby has gotten lotsa nutrients from your Breastmilk.
kao_sticktongue.gif
If you can't find anything at Giant, maybe you can also check out at those neighbourhood shops. Think they sell bathtub of varied sizes. About SP, does it fit our maclaren stroller?

Hi Wawa, continue to pray and have faith. God will definitely watch over you and bless you with a smooth delivery. I can understand your anxiety and insecurity but try to relax cos your baby can feel your emotions. I know how you feel cos when I was hospitalised last mth due to food poisoning, I kept crying in the hospital when hubby was asked to leave after the visiting hrs. I felt so alone and miserable and can't stop crying till my baby started kicking and I felt the pulling sensation till my tummy became so tight. So I told myself I muz stay strong for baby. I'm sure you can do it too. Try to divert your anxiety by keeping yourself occupied. We'll pray for you yah! Take care and God Bless!
kao_smile.gif

Hi puretulips
you've got a point..yupz.. must have faith and know that i can do it and God will watch over all of us... food poisoning is so yucky... i had eaten some spoilt food a few weeks back and got intestional problems.. vomitted and diareahea and felt so lousy.. keep worrying how baby will be.. it happened to me twice during my pregnancy.. pregnant ladies must really take care and watch out for what we eat... cos we are more susceptible to food posioning..

Ya Wawa, pregnant women will have to take extra caution but sometimes it's inevitable that such things happen. Haiz. Even friends will need to be more sensitive towards us so that they dn't infect us with any virus.

Hope you're feeling much better now.

Hi gals, i'm back... was down with a slight temperature yesterday. Now my nose is perpetually blocked. What a terrible feeling...

Tulips, how i miss thou! Glad to see that you're feeling better. I just had a scare from my Hep B carrier friend recently as well. As she is also pregnant, her gynae told her she might not be able to bf and her bb needs to have the Hep B jab immediately after birth. After i heard it i tried to avoid close contact with her esp when she talks to me for fear of contracting the virus thru saliva... bad huh? But like what u said, preggie women just hv to take extra precaution against any form of viruses.

So what is this thing abt PSP? I thought WOW is bad enough but there is something else called PSP? Gosh, i better not let my hb know abt it... Finally found an opport to talk to him abt WOW. He promised me to get more sleep instd of dozing with the pc into the nite. So last nite was the 1st nite he slept as early as 12am. As he needs to get to work by 8am and sometimes 6.30am every morning, i told him it is really not worth it to waste his energy in a stupid comp game. Who knows if this goes on, he may even leave his bb in the wrong car next time! Let's see whether he can keep up with his promise. Next time i'll try tulip's "sa jiao" method to demand for massage ;)

Wawa, u gotta somehow lock your hb up at this crucial time! There is no way he shd leave u alone when u're in labour. Can he work out something with his superior to let him off at normal hrs nearing your due date? The arm forces shd be pro-family since it is govt service right? But it's good to hear that at least he will make the effort to rush down when u're in labour.

Poo power, try to persuade ur hb from changing to shift work if he can. My hb is in the semicon line and used to be in shift work as well, switching between morning to night every 2 weeks. The plus point is of cos more OT pay/allowances and off-days but the down side is loss of concentration and leads to fatigue due to adjusting from day to night and vice versa all the time. Fortunately, that was when we were dating. As he knew this kind of pattern had been taking a toll on him (always having panda eyes) and that it wld be unhealthy for our marriage, he requested for change of dept just before we got married. This kind of working pattern is definitely less pro-family esp if your kid is still young. There's nothing wrong in feeling insecure abt making a decision. Try to explain to him it is not so much abt leaving u alone but more abt the long-term effect on his health and family shd he take up shift work.

Tulips, so u had an online biz before? How was biz then? Will it be revived anytime soon? I wld love to patronize your store! My venture is not an online biz though. It is more service-oriented event planning, the website features our portfolio and the packages we provide such as wedding planning.

Re: stroller pad
This is definitely a must-buy as like what poo power said, it can help prevent staining on the upholstery and the stroller can last longer. It is just like mattress protector. So instead of washing the original upholstery, just wash the stroller pad will do.

Dear Mummies & MTBs..

I am glad I found this thread through tinklebell. Thanks!
Unemployed as well.. in my early pregnancy..

Have a great Monday!

Hi tinklebell,

Try taking soupy stuff... sometimes it helps to clear your blocked nose...

Btw, my hubby about the same as yr hubby.. He likes playing X-box.. so into it.. haiz...

Hi Hi Tinklebell, hope you're feeling much better. Take plenty of water and rest. I noticed that alot of ppl are sick cos I hear ppl coughing everywhere I go...and I got to "Siam" all these ppl. So sorry to hear about yr friend hope she's feeling ok. Can hep B virus spread to others thru air / saliva? It's ok not to meet your friend during this period of time, just provide yr support by calling or smsing her. As we're pregnant now, its always better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure yr friend understands. Even now when I meet my friends, I will always ask them if they are sick. If yes, I will not meet them. I may be over paranoid at times but I just wanna protect my baby.
kao_embarrassed.gif
Glad to hear that your hubby relented to yr request. Ganbete! BTW, most men will melt when their other half "sa jiao" to them. Maybe you can try tonite...kekeke...My online web still exists just that I never update the information. So far, I only have a few transactions. Pathetic rite. Maybe you can check out my website and give me your comments but dn't expect a professional webbie cos it's all done by me, a layman. kekeke... errh...don't think I can post the website add here rite? I'll email to you.

Hi Fayina, welcome to our thread. Hope you're coping well. Want to share with us more abt yrself?
kao_biggrin.gif

good evening ladies
wow - this thread is pretty active. its good to hear from all of you

hi wawa
went to giant tampines but cannot find a suitable tub - i told my hb maybe we can go those hardware shop (as mentioned by tulip) n buy a big round tub - so bb will have more space to 'play wif water'. i would like to bring bb for swimming soon (3rd mth) but some mummies think it is safer to bring them when they are about 6 mths ...
personally i too feel tat w/end for family - esp if there are gatherings . of cos the plus side is more money but then again, wat are we sacrificing ... well, still deciding!
sp comes in diff sizes - so must see wat kind of stroller u buy n fit it accordingly
hey wawa, bb are very smart - i believe if u tell bb to only come out when daddy around, he will listen to you. its also normal to be more emotional during this period, esp when u r about to give birth. btw, this forum is for us mummies to 'care n share' wif each other - to provide emotional support n understanding ... So, by all means,show yr feelings to yr hb n let us know how u feel.
When i had c/sect n my hb could not go in the OT wif me, i too felt lost n scared ...but i prayed n all was well.
will be praying for you. do keep us posted on your delivery. take care

Hi Puretulips
will check those neighbourhood shops - i think i remember seeing on TV (chinese drama serial) those big red tub to wash clothes/bath children in it.
Talking about bm. when i had fever last week, n i brought bb to see doc in the n'hood, she told me not to give bb bm but if i remember correctly, hopsital did mention tat i still can give bm. so, i only gave him when my fever subsided. wat is TMC practice?
After reading yr hopsital stay, u r indeed a very strong woman - i m sure yr bb will appreciate all tat u have done for her. Yeah, now tat u r pregnant, have to take extra care. avoid crowded areas esp. Even wif bb, now, whenever i see anyone coughing, sneezing or smoking, i try to 'run' as far as possible. sometimes, they (normally men) give me those looks as if i purposely want to avoid them. but to me, who cares - as long as i protect myself n baby.
SP - still trying to find a nice design n not too thick sp becas my bb is 'warm by nature'. hey, remember to relax n we are all here for you (whenever u need us) take care!

Hey tinklebell
hope u r feeling better. working too hard? not getting enough rest? do remember to drink plenty of fluid.
can Hep B be transmitted via saliva? but then again, can avoid, jus avoid. its not worth to risk yrself, esp baby.
To you, PC games may seem unimpt or even not worth to waste time on it, but to yr hb, it could mean 'the world - to destress'. most impt is never to undermine his feelings. do see things from his point of view. but then again, sometimes, we need to 'knock some sense' into their brains. be loving n understanding towards him n he will learn from u
happy.gif

thanks a lot for the insight on working shift. will further discuss wif my hb.
wow, yr hb sayang u - he actually changed to normal working hrs - appreciate he made the sacrifice for the family.

hi fayina
welcome to this thread! hope things are going well for you. feeling excited?
hey, yr hb also play X-box? Do u play wif him? Did he get the Halo game? i hv yet to master this game. the graphics r v gd. but my sense of direction is 'lost'. wat game does yr hb like to play? Mine love the sports game.
do take care since u r in yr 1st trimester.

Hello ladies....im so glad i've found this thread!

Im expecting my first child, due in mid-july this year and currently working.

Earlier on, we thought we have lost the baby a few times due to heavy bleeding and I was prescribed bed-rest for 2 months. Thank God for preserving this pregnancy and all the more, we realize that how precious this life is. My baby girl is truly a gift from God and we aspired to be good stewards of this gift.

As my current job is a contract job which will end in june. My company is not covering me for my 3 months maternity leave. But they wish to continue my contract or even want to offer me a perm job after my delivery. So my mind was thinking to hire a nanny/maid to look after my new born while i can continue to work and lighten the burden of family [main concern is dual income is better than one]

These few months my hubby and I have started preparing ourselves by attending parenting course conducted by my church. And we are so inspired by the course instructor and the facilitators who have given up their careers and become SAHMs. And we have also learnt that by hiring a caregiver, they can only provide the physical needs but not the emotion needs...

Well, I do acknowledge that this is a tough decison to make but for the sake of my baby girl, guess we are heading towards this direction....

I do hope to learn from all of you
happy.gif

tinklebell: thanks for your warm welcome!
happy.gif

i will try to turn a deaf ear on my mil's nagging! hahaha...still trying hard..it's weird to have these nagging from mil instead of my mum..my own mother don't nag so much at me (perhaps the fact i have already moved out), she only said i shouldn't have resigned from my previous company (worked 2yrs+ over there, reason was i was totally sick of the mgmt)...in fact, till now, i quite regret not working there anymore, if not, i am still earning a little bit more income...sigh~

i'd love to meet up with you one day!
bounce.gif

wawapiggyling: i hope to be a SAHM after my bb is born..still a long way to think about this..i heard that the first 3 years is very important????
but hubby told his mother that i will go back to work after giving birth..i am a little undecisive..
kao_confused.gif

so, till now, did your mil know about you not working??

btw, i saw your earlier replies that you do cross-stitch..i am quite interested, thought of knit something by my ownself for bb in future..hehe..

poo power: i am doing ok..except that ever since i have recovered from my fever/cough/flu, i had been having the feeling of wanting to vomit every now & then..a few times, i had vomitted "successfully"...sometimes the 'giam sheng ti' doesn't help...zzz.
and nowadays, when i am on the car or bus, i will feel giddy...is it normal??

fayina: hello!! *waves*

PS: hubby just bought me a PSP few weeks ago! since then, i am hooked!!
kao_biggrin.gif

Hey poo power n tulips, thanks for asking! I have recovered fr the slight fever and i do hope it won't come bk again with the erratic weather, esp when i'm preggie. Abt the bath tub, just heard fr a friend who has an 8-mth-old boy that he got a big bath tub from Ikea as his boy has outgrown the smaller one. Maybe u cld chk Ikea out!

Ya man, pc games/IT gadgets do mean a world to men. He did give me the same reason that that is his only form of relaxation after work so i try to close one eye sometimes. Oh well, at least i can still compete with him by chatting with mummy friends on this forum! ;)

Missbluey, u're most welcome! Just pour your woes to us, and we will play doc to your sorrows ;) You're welcome to PM me anytime u need to get out there with someone. It will help to breathe some fresh air. Go take some courses if u can, trips to library is always gd to have some quiet time and to gain more knowledge on the unknown world of motherhood.

Fayina and Renz, how nice that u can join us here! So where are u gals delivering your bb at?

tinklebell....thks for e warm welcome
happy.gif

I wil be delivering @ TMC.
My gynae is Adrian Woodworth.

tinklebell: hope you are feeling better already! i know that feeling when you were sick during preggie..i was afraid to take so many medication then & kept praying for a fast recovery..

i am always free...anytime!
happy.gif

Hello Poopower, I guess its our maternal instinct to protect our babies from any harm. I always cover my nose whenever I walk pass smokers but I've ever encounter inconsiderate ppl who smoke in the lift.
kao_frustrated.gif
I noticed that most of the babies nowadays are afraid of warm than cold. Even my nephew and 2 nieces muz sleep in air-con room everyday. BTW, did you check with your pediatrician if it's safe to bring your bb to swim?
Hi Tinklebell, since you've juz recovered,its better to avoid gg crowded plcs especially there's alot of sick ppl on the streets.

Hi Renz, welcome to this thread. God works wonders and I'm sure your baby is greatly blessed to stay strong and healthy! I also experience bleeding during my 1st trim and had a few jabs to increase my HCG levels. Thank God that my baby pulled through and now going strong and healthy! Hey, Dr. Adrian Woodworth was also my x-colleague gynae for her 2 kids. Heard all positive comments about him and he also charges less than most of the gynae.
kao_smile.gif
I'm also delivering at TMC and due in June. I do agree with you that caregivers can only provide the basic needs to our baby and ultimately parents will still need to provide love, care and concern as well as instilling the right values to them.

Hi Missybluey, nice to see you here in this thread. Hope you're feeling much better now. Are you staying with yr in-laws? Pardon me for asking, why is your MIL so persistent in wanting you to work? Just turn a deaf ear to her naggings I'm sure she'll get sick of doing it one day. In the meantime, just take plenty of rest and take care of yrself and bb. The 1st 3 years is definitely crucial for the growth of yr bb. In fact, the entire early childhood (Birth - 8) is important. What you want your child to be like when she grows up will very much depends on the upbringing during the early childhood. From instilling right values to providing the appropriate environment are all crucial factors. Babies also needs lotsa stimulants and appropriate ones to help them in their cognitive development as well as their fine / gross motor skills. So if you decide to place yr bb under the care of nanny / caregivers, be prepared to close one eyes when they pick up things / knowledge which you think is inappropriate. Hey, I think it's better to seek for your gynae's advice on why you are still feeling nauseous despite having recovered from your flu/cough/fever. Do take care of yourself and God bless!

wow... didn't know the thread moves so fast just in 2 days.. I'm back from my mum's place.. luckily baby didn't pop while his dad is not ard..

thanks mummies for all the encouragement!

poo power
bringing baby for a swim? i personally do not know when is the appropriate time to bring baby to public swimming pool..i think it'll be fun but somehow i find that the public swimming pools are very dirty (maybe not so for the children's pool).. and since that's the case, i may bring baby out for a swimming or paddle when his immune system is stronger..

welcome fayina and renz!

missbluey,
up till now, my hubby's side does not know i'm not working.. i feel bad hiding from them but as the delivery date draws closer, I really do not know how to break the news.. perhaps i'll simply tell them that i'm not going back to work after delivery.
yupz.. i do cross-stitch but know little about knitting... i knitted a scarf for my husband before and find it really difficult!!! you may want to knit little mittens and booties for your baby? that is sure to be cute and sweet.
regarding nausea.. you just begin 2nd trimester? i remember that my morning sickness only subsided ard week 15 or so.. it really depends on individuals... perhaps your morning sickness will subside soon? and for me, the 3rd trimester is also a nauseous period...baby keep pressing on stomach and no breathing space... sometimes i will wake up in the middle of the night from heartburn...

ladies, i'm going for my checkup tmr morning! dunno what my gynae will induce me.. guess i will have a sleepless night tonight.

good evening ladies

Hi Renz - welcome to the thread.
hopefully, after joining us, you will join our rank as SAHM
happy.gif

From now till the time u give birth, u still can decide whether to continue working. Its good tat the company wishes to employ u full time after u give birth. At least there an option.
To be honest, how much material wants does one wish to accumulate on earth? We should be building our riches towards (going to) heaven. Do pray n i m sure the Lord will guide yr decision. "A child is indeed a gift from God"
BTW, r u staying somewhere CCK / Yew Tee. Your gynae is somewhere near Lot 1? do take care

Hi missbluey
seen u in other threads. guess we will stick to this thread instead.
hey, do not let anyone influence yr decision. If u hv decided to stay home after giving birth, then stick by yr decision. H/ever, if u (n yr husband decision) hv decided to go out n work, then by all means, do so. Because in time to come, when things go 'wrong', u will not regret n know tat u have made the right decision. My friend, jus becas her MIL ask her to go out n work, she did so unwillingly. One day, her child had high fever n was warded. My friend was out-stationed n they actually did not inform her (telling her becas they do not want her to worry) It was only when she was in SIN did she realise her daughter was admitted. Till today, she still blame herself, her hb, her MIL tat becas they ask her to work, she nearly lost her child. So, do consider carefully.
$$$ can be earned but spending time with yr bb is priceless.
Whatever u r feeling now is normal. Jus remember to rest n relax.
Oh no, another person jus bgt PSP! Did u buy the 'brainy games?' Your hb so sweet to buy it for you. Any comments on it? My hb think of buying ...

Hi tinklebell
Will try to get the tub from IKEA

So excited for wawa, anxious to hear from u dearie! Have u given your bb a name yet?

Looks like there r a few pp delivering at TMC here. Too bad my gynae said he prefers MAH if not wld love to share experiences with all of u.

Missbluey, wanna meet up tmr or fri when everyone else is at work? ;) Was thinking we could go check out JL mega sale at the expo or just hang out for a cuppa after shopping. Email/PM me anytime ya as u don't accept PM! Let's go out to breathe the lovely fresh air
happy.gif

I would love to knit too, but i've returned everything i learnt to my instructor more than 10yrs ago. Anyone knows where is gd to sign up for such course? I actually made a copy of a step-by-step knitting book i borrowed fr the library. Although it is like an idiot's guide, i feel nothing beats having a real person to correct and guide u.

Did any of u read the thread "Lame excuses" at the WTS section? Looks like there r many mummy enemies here which is rather sad...

I just encountered this suspicious mummy who posted in the Free items section giving away a cot mattress... too gd to be true huh? Anyway, she doesn't accept PM but claimed that someone has reserved the mattress via PM but this person did not post anything in the thread. When one of us questioned her on it, she retaliated with something rather sarcastic and defensive.

Oh my, may God shine his light upon these mummies. We are after all fellow mummies, there's no need to create a fuss here, and worse still, defame one another.

Renz - So glad to hear u and your bb gal are doing well and u're into your 3rd tri. Has she been kicking u a lot?

Faye - Alemak, your hb is also into those so-called "de-stressing" games. Does he spend most of his after-work time on it? My hb has been rather sensible these past 3 days after i had a good chat with him.

Anyone has any tips to deal with the unbearable heatwave going on now? I can perspire profusely even by just sitting on the sofa, "scantily-dressed". Wish i can just take refuge in the fridge and become an eskimo. People tell me May-Jul period will be worse and my EDD has to be just right in June. Wonder is it just me or bec of the rise in body temp during pregnancy.

Back