Any SAHM in Tampines?

Me
happy.gif

Which part of tampines are you putting up?

Yes, you are right
happy.gif

Amaline, let me make a guess... you have a boy and a girl right? Your girl is 5 n boy is 2?

I kinda guess that it was you liao... but just to 'playsafe' mah...

anyway, you just renovated your place right? when can we visit you? :p

Oh, icic... must find one day to visit you hor :p

Yes, he will be going to ACS next yr... how abt yours? you doing PV?

Hi! anyone interested in infant massage class? I call a expert infant massage instructor but she want at least 10 mum then she will start a free demo for 1 hour n we will decide weather we want or not, anyone interested? it is good for colic, bonding n constipation, maybe u can call Hp 97918811. it is at east area. my child website : www.lagunaki.blogspot.com u gay can view baby v cute!

Hi,

I also stay near the swimming complex. I have 2 kids same age and sex as Amaline! Do you bring your kids to the playground at the park often?

hi, I do have a boy at 5 and girl coming to 2 yrs staying at Tampines too! FTWM.
Hi lam, is the swimming complex suitable for baby too? only went to the one at safra.
I am looking at playgroup for my 2 yrs girl, anyone has good recommendation?

Hi marmin,

I am a FTWM too! My boy is turning 2 this coming Nov.

I have brought my kids to the pool about 5 times so far...my 5yo enjoys it very much cos there are 2 slides. The playpool is very big with a waterfall, a "mushroom waterfall and 2 slides.

My boy enjoys "walkin" around the pool with a float. The water is at our knee height.

We normally goes in the morning of weekends. My mum once go there in a weekend evening....too crowded until very long Q in the shower

Hi, any mummy looking for playgroup for the 2 yrs old child? Is it too early to start as they can't communicate yet.

Hi Lam, sounds like the slide is real fun ya. Do you go on sat or sun? I will most probably go on sat am when my girl recovered from her cough.

Hi Amaline,

I am staying at Blk 856. Well, public playground are definitely very clean but not too dirty lah. My girl enjoys herself playing the swing at the "mngosteen or watermelon" playgrounds. When she meet her friends she will be even happier playing with them....this is part of social development. I also let me 21 mths old boy play there.

Nowadays we don't go to the Tampines pool because we just bought a 6 months pass to Wild, wild wet...my 5yo loves it there cos there are like 7 slides and other fun!

Hi Marmin,

Where do you stay? I am also looking for playgroup for my boy next year. I am considering the Apply Tree playground just opposite my blk.

Amaline, which playgroup/preschool did you send your kids to?

Hi Lam, I'm staying at 142, near PAP. there is only one playgroup - morning glory, i think but personally do not like it. Apple tree is too far from my place
sad.gif
does your boy speak now? mine is 18 mths can't talk yet.

Hi, my boy can speak 2 words like "shoe drop", "let's go", "bye bye uncle" etc

Different baby different timing for speech development. Just keep talking to your girl. Once she starts talking...it will go very fast.

Just make sure you let her walk alot...I read somewhere in the Glenn doman forum...walking stimulate the speech development..... my boy started walking at 15 months, and I make sure he has a morning walk at the park for 30 mins....but nowadays....he very lazy liao....always want to be carried.

Hi, a bit too early to ask, but have any one think of the primary sch for yr 5 yrs old child? Anyone heard of chong zheng pri, any comments?

Hi lamhappy

I'm staying at Blk 862A, just few blks right behind the swimming complex. Both my kids are in CC in the Tampines Central Community Complex.

If you are looking for only playgroup, maybe u can try Tumble Tots at the Indoor Sports Complex. My gal ever attended two yrs playgroup and nursery there. And the principal, Teacher Alice is a very experience teacher. Or u wanna try sending your son to the CC for half day (like my son), the teachers are pretty good too.

marmin, actually not too early to ask but bit late. if u want to be in phase 2b i think the submission for volunteer service for those born 2001 has closed already.

Hi Amaline,

I have thought of sending my son to Elfa...maybe in 2008 for Nursery. Is the staff turnover there high? How is the curriculum for your 5yo there? Do they have frequent outings? Enrichment classes? eng/ chinese spelling?
How much is it for half day and full day??
Sorry to ask so much cause I have been eyeing on that CC but don't have any feedback from pple.

Thanks for your suggestion on Tumble Tots. I never thought of that! I will consider it for my son next year. Is there any reason why you chose half day CC for your 2 yo instead of Tumble Tots?

Hi lamhappy

My gal is full day CC there. Overall i'm quite happy with the teachers, so far the turnover rate not very high for K1 and K2. Curriculum is ok, they have enrichment classes in the afternoon after their nap like Han Yu Ping Ying, pianica (a keyboard instrument), Music and Movement etc.

Pianica lessons are free but we need to purchase the instrument which is around S$100+. And also they incorporate Speech and Drama in their curriculum which we need to pay S$110 every term cos they engage outside teacher for this course.

As for why not enrol my son in Tumble Tots, cos it's easier for me to send both of them to 1 school, else if rush to two places think i will peng sang.

Hi Mummies,
Me staying at Tampines, opp Changkat CC at St 11 but Im FTWM with 2 kids.
Older boy is in Pri 2 and my younger girl just turns 2. Me also looking for Playgroup classes next yr for my girl, on waitlist for Trinity church. If cant get in likely will send her to YMCA CC.

Marmin,
We have the same view for Morning Glory. Me too looking for Apple Tree but dont have direct bus
there so a hassle if I need my maid to send her to school.

Tks GG, I also wish to enrol my girl in the church however need to take sch bus as it is far for my maid to carry her. Have spoken with the person-in-charge and was told to call only April next yr for 2008 intake - min 3 yrs old.

Marmin,
Yah so near yet so far, school bus is expensive. Could be half of the school fees, cos from my place to Soka Kindi - 5 mins drive only I have to pay $80 for it.
Did you visit Holy Trinity Kindi yet, was there the last time the classes is aircon but the little girl's uniform is sleevelees but the boys have shirt with sleeve. When I ask the principal, she mentioned that kids don't fell cold ha ha ha. But amazing their fees is cheaper than PAP kindi leh & they are charging the same fees for all levels.

Hi Mummies,
Presently FTWM to a 29mth old boy. Will be TSAHM when #2 is born in Nov/Dec this year. Sourcing around for good CC also..but not easy to choose one coz either their teaching is not that gd or my boy is not happy with the enirovnment/teachers there. Any recommendations?

Hi GG, what is your comment on SOKA, I have seriously consider my son to transfer to SOKA next year but still hesitate due to the need to take sch bus...my son have motion sickness....

Marmin,
How old is yr boy? Which kindi is he in now? Any vacancies at Soka?

Basically I like the school environment (huge), their edu. systems (learn thru play type) and lots of outdoor exposure. But much depend on parents cos some also complain that not much homework, no spelling list to drilled the kids and not much writing till 2nd half of K2.
He even want us to send my girl there, to him is fun to study there.

For my case, we think we have made the right choice sending my son there cos initially he is very timid after a year there could really see the difference in him.
Now he is very sociable, independent and most import he is a very confidence child now.

Hi GG, my boy in K2 next year. I understand that there is still vacancy but need to sit for an assessment first. The place is huge but a lot of steps...and the fees also a bit of steep. Like you mentioned there isn't any spelling or writing. Btw, is there speech and drama classes as my boy like it the way it is conducted in the PAP now.

Ruffybear,
Hello. Can understand. Quite limited kindi around my area to begin with.
So many things to take into consideration environment, teachers, curriculum, ratios, distance from home, transportation and . no ending list.
Yup most importantly our child must be happy in where they are & dont get stressed out.
So far I have only visited a few CC along ST 11 only (all void deck type), dont really like cos the CC are open concept type only use partitions to separate difference level.
If my girl cant get into Holy Trinity for playgroup next year, we have actually short listed YMCA
(also open concept), not much choices, so choose the brand name and they have been around for quite sometime already.

Ha ha mummies any commend on YMCA childcare?

Hi I have spoken to Mrs Anthony of YMCA, the curriculum sounds interesting... shall visit soon to find out the ctr. Btw I have just pop by the salvation army, a bit rundown. what about YMCA?

Have looked at the YMCA CC but Ryan didn't even want to step through the front door of the place so didn't even go inside to enquire about it.

GG,
called the Trinity church Kindergarten and they say there are 5 on their waitlist. NO guarantee that there will be vacancies next year. Will only know by OCt/Nov..so didn't want to take my chance there. ,,,,

Marmin,
Why you want to change? Wow din know need assessment before getting in, stressful anot for the kid? Worry that he may need time to adjust to the new school again.

Yah lots of steps, for K1 & K2 will be on level 2 & 3, at times they may use the lift.
Lots of moving abt cos different lessons will be conducted in different classes which may be in different levels ha ha prepares them for Primary school when they have to move about.
Yah they do have speech & drama in both languages, very creative too they make their own costumes & props, dont even have to pay any $$ for their concert costumes.
Have spelling & writing but minimal, well get more toward 2nd half of K2.

Hi, thot of changing as the curriculum sounds more interesting. they do have a gym room for exercise and lots of hands-on project work that interest my son. But may change my mind as no pt changing for 1 year only and next change to another sch for pri 1 hor...

btw, can give your comments of YMCA after viewing it? do you intend to put her on full day or half day.

Marmin & Ruffybear,
Ha ha looks like only 3 of us are looking for kindis or CC.

Salvation Army, is near the Japanese school towards Changi prison huh?

The YMCA that Im looking at is near St 11 blk 100 plus, that place void deck type (outside surrounding abit dirty), non aircorn, classes open concept type, mostly young teachers (1 or 2 cant speck English maybe Chinese teacher), playgroup class are quite small and their toys not that impressive. I make noise abt their toy to hb, tink my kids have better toys than them but hb says send them to school to study & not to play toys ha ha ha.

Ruffybear,
Out of the 5 in waitlist, me 1 of them lor. Still praying hard, hopefully she can get in.

Hi, Salvation Army, blk 159. YMCA Blk 113. I think being in a mature estate, the avail cc or kindi are pretty rundown and toys are not as good as ours. I have told myself if I want convenience than I must lower my standard on the school environment, equipment, etc and focus on what they really teach and the group size. Let's keep each other update on the ones that we'd shortlisted or rather been accepted:p

Marmin,
I just worry if he can take it cos some kids may not take changes too well.
Maybe can send him to some extra classes during weekend for some of the activities he likes, I did send my son to British Council once a week during his K2, they also have speech & drama classes.

Yap they really have lots of hands- on project, can be with classmates or with parents.
When my son did his project on reptiles, we have to bring him to zoo every week for him to see his komodo dragon.

Actually what I really need is to send her away from home for a few hours (preparing for nursery level) dont really need CC. If cant find any playgroup classes then no choice have to put her in CC for half a day.

Hi GG, thanks for the advice.
We have the same thot for the younger kid, will consider to put her in half day to expose n prepare her for the nursery and most impt instead of playing with the maid, she gets to play with children of her age
happy.gif

Back