Any SAHM in Perth?

Discussion in 'Year 2007 Mums' started by irisbabe, Mar 13, 2008.

1. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi i m a SAHM with a 4mth old bb...anyone living in Perth with babies?
  2. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hi iris,
    i juz got back fr perth!!
    Im goin to be a sahm in Munich tho..im currently a sahm in spore to 3yr3mth boy n soon to be 1yr gal[​IMG]
  3. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hi fiona..how was ur trip?hope it was enjoyable..was it ur first time in perth?wow u got 2 kids!!and very close age gap too...is it easy to manage or hard wrk having them so close together? iam thinking of having second one wen my boy is abt 2-3 yrs what do u think?
  4. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hi Iris[​IMG]
    its my 3rd time to perth actually..but 1st time there this time of the yr..im usually there winter time as im not a heat fan plus find it waste of money to go to country as hot as spore.
    This time was bcos hub has to clear leave n cant delay..but first time i did soooo much shoppin
    Bought 16pairs of btwn my 2 kids fr Target!!
    Its tough bringin 2kids to perth,previously brought son there when he was 18mth n it was fun..n i came back pregnant wif my gal..
  5. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hi iris,
    yesterday couldnt talk much as gal was grumpy..
    Which part of perth are u in?
    I wish i can move there too[​IMG]much easier dan movin to germany..well..there's always first time for everything..
    This time in perth we found The carousel shoppin, went nuts there buyin clothes for gal..
    Havin 2 kids's alot of hard work n plus we didnt want to get maid so i hav to do all myself..
    We oso did our own confinement,i was lucky,my hub can cook so he cook n look after son when i 'pop' my gal..My son in in sch fr 8-12 so day time im bz wif cookin n playin wif gal.My son is the ez one even fr bb so when i hav to be bz wif gal he can play by himself.
    Ppl tell us dat 2nd kid will be opposite of 1st so i was so worried as my son was a quiet smiley n ez kid to look after.They were not wrong( roll eyeballs)My gal likes to cry n bully us esp the korkor n screams when she dont get wat she wans.. We hav to discipline her early..but as i always say,children are blessings,they hav difficult time but oso fun time[​IMG]
    r u settlin well in perth?
  6. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hey fiona,
    Goos to hear from u..my bb is now sleeping but will wake soon so gotta type quickly...i live close to carousel only 10 min drive..the suburb is called canningvale and lots of asians here..we have been here for 7 years and i came here to work as a nurse then.wow u bought so much from target!!they must be having sale and sometimes i feel that buying clothes in perth chaeper than in sg!i go crazy also sometimes did u go to harbour town????it is a factory warehse located in the city and has pumpkin patch there i usually buy stuff there cos theya re really cheap!
    My son is now 4mth old and he is a high need bb since he was born..he has colic and had hernia op when he was 2 mths and my hubby and i spent all ou r time carrying him cos he was such a difficult bb to soothe when he had pain..he isalso a difficult sleeper and i didnt get any sleep the first mth cos i looked after him and was breastfeeding too.it is hard work but getting easier now that he is bigger...he nowsleeps with me at night and sarong in the day...that is the only way i can get any sleep.my hubby also can cook and did my confinement for me partially before my in laws arrived cos bb arrived early 2 weeks!!but we managed and it is hard here cos u cant have maid cant believe u did it urself without any help..but if the hubby is supportive,that helps a great deal.and kids grow so fast..its good to "get it over and done with"hahaso i am hoping my second one will be easy then i will think of having 3rd one!!!haha what abt u?/wanna have another one?
  7. funkychick

funkychick Member

hi iris,
    wa...so u stay near carousel...dats so nice..i hav to say it was soooo hot when we walked to the train station..every time when im there i always tell hub we must try to get a job there.
    I like it n the winter isnt so harsh compare to europe..
    My neighbour's a nurse too,i always encouage her to do the same thing but her hub's worried he might not be able to get a job in perth..
    U still workin full time?
    My goodness..it must be very trying for you being first time mom n to a difficult bb..
    Charlotte's a high need bb too..she wants to be carried all the time..cant say it change much as she's older..I let them sleep on their tummy after they turn 1mth so i never encounter colic problems wif my 2kids..
    I agree..its easier when hubs are more domesticated as they can help around more..
    I had infected block duct(mastitis) 4 times during the first 3mths of bf my gal..had to see breast surgeon at Mt E hospital..soooo expensive n painful.My gal juz turn 1 n juz intro fm to her but bf fulltime..
    3rd one??!!!!!
    when i was in perth,i thot enough if i want a life but as my gal gets older..i thot why not..
    Actually ive always wanted another but hub cant deal wif the work as we dun hav maid..
    we'll see if i can chane his mind later..or bribe him hehe
  8. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hey fiona,
    whats ur hubby doing??maybe he can get job in perth and u can migrate over!since u like it here....Nowadaysit is easier to get jobs in perth compared to the time we came in 2001...Perth is now very cosmopolitan and open too to other races...it is so different now..i went to Ikea the other day and saw more pple of other races than their own Ang Moh!this newly open Ikea is like the one in Tampines..HUGE!and so many pple...i thought i was back in spore!last ime perth was not so populated now it is crazy and traffic also!
    I used to work fulltime b4 i had bb that was abt 7 years in total and i work in a private hospital..nurses are in demand here so no prob getting a job.i am on maternity leave till oct.Here they dun encourage to let bb sleep on tummy..becos of SIDS..i let him sleep on tummy a few times but he doesnt turn his head himself and i had to do it for him..and also be careful with bbs getting stiff neck..my frens bb sleep on tummy but dun move her head now she needs to have physio for her neck!so i stopped letting him sleep on tummy...and now he doesnt like it anymore.U are lucky ur kids are fine with sleeping on their tummies...
    u poor thing how come so many times u got mastitis???is it becos u didnt feed regularly??so how did the dr clear the infection??thought u only had to see GP for antibiotics..so u BF ur son also?u should consider having another one if u are still young cos bbs are hard work and needs lots of energy and stamina!!i am 30 this year so i think one more will be enuff hahah
  9. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hi hi,
    my gal's nappin n boy's in sch..now me time..
    Hub's in IT industry,a manager now..actually we r movin to munich ard jun/jul as he's offered a job there.The package's in euro so quite hard to turn down plus the timing's perfect since kids r still young.We hav abt 3yrs to enjoy europe(me expat wife of cos winkwink)b4 we hav to come back 4 son to go Catholic High Pri.We hope to save enuf money while workin there so can buy a hse in perth.We'll luv to move to perth but hw to less sacrifice kids's edu..hav to admit spore do hav one of the best edu in the world..son oso muz come back for NS..sigh..so..quite torn..
    Anyhw..we juz take a step at a time n see hw we survive germany.Its our 1st time living out of our comfort zone so swingin btwn excitment n fear.
  10. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hey fiona,

my boys napping now so i can type in peace..hehewow sounds like the perfect opportunity for u guys to go overseas now the kids are young...so ur boy will go to Kindy over there??what abt ah girl?BTW what are their names?my boy is called jayden.wow 3 years1!!have fun and even if u dun like it its not permanent but there should be sporeans there too....so its okie.BTW are u catholic too??my boy is going to be baptised in Holy trinity this june wheh=n we go back for holiday..cant wait cos we havent been back since we had jayden.
    so u plan to come to perth one day to live?since u thought of buying hse?now is a bad time to buy cos so ex..but i think will come down or stagnate in the next few years...so just nice.the education in spore is great i must admit...thought of brining jayden back for kindy then back for primary so he can learn basic mandarin...u can bring them over maybe when they are halfway thru primary or when they go to secondary?thats a good time too once they have established good study background and they will be way ahead here when they go to uni.even if they study primary in spore they will be way ahead too.and yes the NS for ur boy that is the sian part...when i found out i was expecting a boy we came back to perth to deliver cos i didnt wan to be caught in that situation too of him going to serve army.but we were actually wanting to deliver in sg if its a gal cos got more family support back home.so are u an ex convent gal too???
  11. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hello iris[​IMG]
    wat a small world,yes we are catholic!!We attend St Vincent De Paul which is super near my place..
    both my kids are baptised there..maybe when u come back for holiday we can meet up b4 i fly off.My kids are Joshua n charlotte..future kids will be jude n elizabeth if i can bargain hub for more(winkwink)Hw old is jaden now?Hav u got his godparents ready?Both my kids hav same godparents,hub's unmarried aunt(super nice person) n my dutch fren,so kids hav diff culture.
    Godma practice chinese culture n godpa expose them to angmo culture n oso suppose to bring them to Holland when they turn 18(we'll see abt that!!)
    I'll luv to live in perth 1 day but hub's not keen on their tax n oso thot he'll get bored after awhile..can u imagine shops close at 6 on the average n he got no where else to go.Here he still can drive go buy supper..Hub say if really found a country dat he really luv,he'llgiv up citizenship nstay there but im not keen on the idea as i find dat there's no place like hm n spore passpore has its value too..
    josh will attend kindy in munich but im thinkin who will teach him mandarin..im not exactly gd at it either..lets juz say my compo in sch was full of hanyu pinyin hehe..thot i'll go hunt for chinese flash cards wif hanyu pinyin to assist me so i can bring over..Charlotte only juz turn 1 on gd fri so dun think she'll sch there except playgp..Hub is oso goin to chk if we can bring a domestic help over dan at least there's someone there to help me n keepme company when he travels..
    Is yr hub aussie?Im aussie at heart[​IMG] i watch Australia Network here,follow Mecleod's Daughter n listen to their soundtracks sung by Rebecca Lavelle n likes beer n beef n chocolates!!!!
    Im sure i'll feel very much at hm if i move there[​IMG] Yes we heard the property prices has rocketed quite abit,my mom in law has a fren there.Anyhw we'll see wats God's plan for us..
    Arrgh..mini slavedriver is up..chat wif u again
    see u later!!
  12. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hahaha...i'm catholic too and attend Christ the King when i was a teen and then Holy trinity when we moved to tampines..jayden is 4mths old now and going to have my best fren Lisa as his godmum..BTW how many godparents are they supposed to have when baptised?can i ask another galfren to be god parent also??or one is enuf?i would love to meet up with u b4 u leave!BTW when are u flyin off and where do u live?we have a flat in Punggol and stay there when we go back for holiday.ur kids godparents sounds great...good to let them be open to diff culture..my best fren future hub is also english,yorkshire.so will be interesting...yeah perth tax is high but my hub is paid in sg cos e travels there for work every other mth so we dun pay the tax here except when i work.perth will be extendng their shopping hours to 8pm i think this year or next the govt is still deciding cos the population is increasing and pple find it hard to buy stuff after work and sat is so busy!so sooner or later perth will have normal shopping hours so pple can buy things after work.
    My mandarin also half past six and thats why i am worried jayden will not get anything out of me...i am thinking of doing the same like u buy the flash cards...and take him back to spore every summer holiday(dec to feb)for chinese lessons.and also play with his cousins....
    Nope my hubby is born in msia but aussie citizen now...wah u watch mccleod daughters ah???that is very aussie leh i dun even watch that!!!!but i love beef, chips and BBQ!!hehehe we sound like a good team hehehheohhhh my little one is up!!!btw where do u let ur kids sleep??mine started sleeping with me on bed with hub 2 weeks ago so we can all have quality sleep and my hub doesnt mind..we are not very big sized and we got king size bed luckily!!i knw it will be hard to wean off but he wont be small forever too and will grow out of it eventually.....cya later
  13. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hello iris[​IMG]
    i tell u...we hav alot in common u knw!!! U stay punggol i stay Buangkok Link!!!We are almost next to each other!!!! separated by sengkang of cos hehe...goodness..anymore??
    Regarding godparents,i chked b4 wif father michael fr my parish(SVDP)he said can hav 2 n dun hav to be married to each other..but im not sure abt 2 godma though..my kids's godma's a very nice quiet lovin lady(my mil's sis)whose juz no luck in lve n much rather look after her mom n work,we thot she wont hav kids dan my kids can oso be her kids lah..as for my dutch fren, he's a gd fren of mine n had knw hin since he 1st came spore n b4 we got married.He oso nice guy but not so faithful in goin church every sun.
    Told hub hav to teach my son mandarin..the other nite an auntie ask him if he had eaten in mandarin,my son look sooooo lost,as if the old lady spoke tamil...gosh so paiseh!!!
    My son oso sleep wif us til he was abt 2yrs dan he got kick to the flr as he was kickin us alot esp the dad..My gal started to sleep wif us now as i was easier on me nursin her.Hub thot not so tiring for me else hav to go to rm few times a nite when she was younger.We dun hav maid or mil to help so i still hav to look after son next day when my gal was few mth old..but once u start,u get stuck to it n wont let him leave yr bed n it may not be dat gd for yr pte time wif hub..u knw..no more cuddle cuddle..
    Ya!!!! we definetly hav to meet up when u come hm esp now we knw u live so close to me[​IMG] Maybe i can get u to buy Heinz"s kids muesli bars for me,i pay n aussie dollars ??Anyhw..we still hav few mths to chat b4 we see each other,we havent confrm our move yet as hub postpone munich to next week n he still hav to get a hse there first plus we muz chk hw much is the co. payin for the movers or are they handlin it etc etc..
    chat later..gotta put mini slavedriver to nap so i can prepare lunch/dinner.Got a mom fr Risen Christ who has triplets wan to buy my kids's clothes tonight.Im doin garage sale[​IMG]
    Cya!!!!Eh may we should juz email each other instead..seems we are the only one in this thread..
  14. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hahaha looks like we do have a lot in common eh?yeah we should just email each other mt email add is irislee@hotmail.com and if u do msn we can chat online even easier!!
    i will have to check out abt the godparent issue cos i have already asked my best fren but then my hubby went to ask another fren of ours and she is so keen to be his godma too so we thought if can have two then dun have to tell her the bad news...
    the only thing i am worried abt having jayden sleep with us is he wont sleep anywhere else and when i plan to have another one..there wont be room for all of us!!do u think that will be an issue??but ur are right it is so much easier when he is on the bed with me as i breastfeed and can nod off even when i am feeding..my hubby and i dun mind abt no more cuddle cuddle as long as it is easier for me and bb is happy and growing well he said sacrifice a bit nvm they willl grow up eventually then we can have all the time together lor...i tried to stick to putting him in the mini cot(combi which my dad brought from spore)for the first 2 mths and ended very tired,grumpy cos lack of sleep and getting very exhuasted cos have to do everything myself here too.so when he outgrew the combi we tred the playpen but he wailed and wailed and i had to try to put him to sleep like 5-6 times at night cos he woke every hr...then i thought this cannot go on if not i will go crazy!!thats when we put him on the bed.BTW were still breastfeeding ur son when u fell preg with ur gal??how long u breastfed both??i have to breastfeed him to sleep everynight i knw it is bad habit but that is the only way he will fall asleep besidess being in sarong.and when he wakes at night sometimes he wans to suck for comfort so he can go back to sleep and i let him so i dun have to carry him and rock him to sleep...i do not knw what else to do cos he wont take pacifier also.aiyah..dunno how...doing all the wrong things as i tell my hub...maybe cos no experience with bbs thats why when u start something then it is too late when u realise it is wrong ...i am also havng another prob now with my boy..he doesnt knw hw to use bottle and i have tried the soft silicon teat (pigeon) and bought a trainer Mag mag cup but he still dun knw and just bite the teat...really dun knw how..cos i need to attend a wedding dinne rin june when i go back to spore and willl leave him with my MIL in punggol but i am worried he dun knw how to suck from bottle then she cant feed him.now i am tryin to give him the bottle everyday but no use...for 2 weeks already.....sigh....
    BTW where did u buy the muesli bars??i will get for u no prob just let me knw what flavour etc...when the time somes...wah u are having garage sale??that means no more kids???haha
    aiyah gtg the little monkey stirring...cya! let me knw ur email add too.....god bless
  15. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hey iris,
    did u receive my email?
    Didnt hear fr u so not sure if u r bz or didnt rec...
    Hope to hear fr u soon[​IMG]
    cheers
    fiona
  16. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

17. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hello mate
    i emailed u on fri mornin!!! Its correct email add too!!strange...let me see if i can send again
  18. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hello matie,
    i will check now
  19. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hey fiona

dun have leh....how come..why dun u give me ur email add and i try to email u instead.
  20. funkychick

funkychick Member

Hey iris
    email me at fionaosh@yahoo.com.sg
    if u still havent rec my mail which i sent out again this mornin..
  21. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hey fiona

i have sent u am email see if u got it let me knw
  22. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

hi mummies,

I am contemplating to move over to perth- is there an active on line sinagpore forum in perth?

where can i start with my research?

thanks for any advice
  23. gdpig

gdpig New Member

24. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hi woofwoof and 4017,

welcome to this thread....i dunno if there is an active online forum in perth cos i a looking for one too..when are u moving to perth woof woof?
    hi 4017, are u migrating over here with ur whole family?where will u be staying?
  25. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

thanks for the warm welcome, iris.... i had been a silent of this thread for quite a while... but did no postings as i know nothing about Western Australia.

4017, thanks for the link- will check it out.

I hope to come over to Perth in early 2009 if possible...

Iris, jus wondering if we share a common friend- i have a nursing friend who works at IMH- you know anyone there??
  26. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hey woof woof,
    so are u going to work here???have u got any kids?i dun really knw any nurses in IMH only one but she has left a long time ago....whats ur frens name BTW??so what made u decide to come over to WA??
  27. gdpig

gdpig New Member

Hi Iris,

Ya, we are migrating, my hub & I got the PR in Sept 2006, must go there before Nov 2009, so go after CNY just nice lor,by then is autumn, haha..

Havent decide which area, pbly canningvale...any recommendation? how is the job market down there? sorry ah...so many question
  28. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

think we dun have a mutual friend, as she still works at IMH.

chose WA as it is closer to singapore....hehe. another reason to chose aust- for quality of life- hope we are not wrong.
    i hope that either me or hubby can find a job there.... both of us are sort of in engineering... how is the job market there? heard that the property price is sky high...

btw, i have a son, now 19months, i am a FTWM
  29. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi 4017,
    HAhaha i am living in CanningVale!!!many asians live here including msians too..how did u guys get the PR??thru skill migration?what kind of profession is ur hubby in?it is much easier to get job now compared to the time we came in 2001..my hubby tried for 2 years b4 he got a fullltime job b4 that he was working 3 partime jobs.Now, if u are willing to work...u cna get a job anywhere more and more pple migrating to Oz so it is very cosmo...BTW are u going to rent first or buy hse?
  30. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

HelloWoof Woof,
    Perth is a great place to raise kids cos it is so family orientated and i love it here cos it is close to Sg too.It is much easier now to get jobs but i;m not sure abt engineering but i dun think there is a prob cos the economy is booming and lots of job oportunities than b4.are u going to be a SAHM when u come to perth or both of u will work?
  31. gdpig

gdpig New Member

hi,Iris

Ya, we are under skill migrating, both my hub & i are in construction industry. we will start hunting for job via internet first b4 we relocate to perth. but don'y leh...hope we have luck,get the job offer b4 going over,haha...

we are going to rent first & see how, by the way, how's the properties market now? these issue make us quite worry...
  32. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi 4017,
    yeah the property market is booming at the moment and will continue to cos of the migration.there are lots od pple relocating to perth even their own australians...prefering perth cos of the job opportunities.there are lots of pple coming from Europe too cos they like perths weather.i dun think there will be a prob getting a job.becos of WA's strong economy and increase in migration..the property market will not drop but will either slow down or go up.my hub and i are planning to move also and may sell our hse later this year..cos his office is in the city area and travelling is a prob cos of the traffic in the morning.BTW have u checked out the schools in perth for ur son?are u going to sned him to catholic school?
  33. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

It is still a long way for my family to be in australia- still have not lodge the skilled immigration. think it will take 18months or so to get approve (if we can get the approval).

4017, have your family gotten the visa?? what a coincidence, i am also in contruction... let me guess, you are a QS??

heard about the WA property market... think we'll rent first and see how... how much is the mid range housing rental per month?? ppl around us have been very encouraging, only one parent needs to work- that is enough to sustain the family- not like in singapore, need dual income...
  34. gdpig

gdpig New Member

Hi Iris, my son currently still young, i didnt sourcing for the school yet, but would like to find out some child care centre 1st, by the time we relocate there, my son almost 18months old. don know...may be stay at home & see how lor. how abt u?

Wofwof, haha, i'm not QS, but engineer. you?
    we apply the PR in dec 2005 & gotten our visa in sept 2006, took about 9 months to approved, my son got his PR recently, took about 3-4 weeks only.

you better act fast if you keen, because the entry point keep on changing, the requirement get tougher compare to last time.
  35. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

4017, i am a QS... so you are an engineer in which discipline??

either my hubby or myself will stay at home with my boy- depends on who gets the job first... most ideal would be either my MIL or my own mum to come with us and help us look after while both are working.... then again, if the living expenses can be sustained with one income then no need for both of us to work

you already got visa in sept 2006, didn't you consider to move over there earier?? you had your son in singapore??
  36. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi 4017,
    Hi there my hub and i were both working fulltime b4 our son was born but in Oz most families survive on one income cos it is not worht putting bb in childcare and it is so ex!abt $55 a day and that is almost half ur pay gone per day unless u get a very high paying job.so most mums rather stay home and hub goes out to work.
    there is very little temptation here when it comes to shopping vos pple here are very simple...no branded clothes unless u are damn rich and pple dun care abt what wear or use no like in spore whereby everything is so commercialised and lots of peer pressure even in school.My son will prob be going to the catholic school near my home in Canningvale...only walking distance.
  37. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

iris,
    there is another australia thread in this forum- there are some mummies who are residing in Perth... are you in that thread too?
  38. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

is there?i will check it out..nope i am not in that thread.
  39. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi woof woof

BTW where is the other australia thread?cant find it in 2007 mums thanks
  40. banque_suez

banque_suez Member

just helping a friend whom is selling their Western Australian property in Subiaco. with swimming pool, gym, security parking, lift, intercom AUD$800k o.n.o peanutslittle168@hotmail.com [​IMG]
  41. banque_suez

banque_suez Member

42. banque_suez

banque_suez Member

1 minute from Train Station & Bus station, nearby shops, cinema, cafe strip, UWA.
  43. gdpig

gdpig New Member

Hi Iris,

sorry ah, thsi few days busy with work...ya, i know the child care centre is expensive, i got intention to put my boy on half day care only, because i wanna work on part-time basic only, to me, he need to social with people around his age too,especially when we are in foreign land...what do u think?
  44. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

jus a suggestion- can stagger the working time between your husband and yourself, so that someone is at home at any time.
    i somehow hope that i can have that arrangement as i really hope to continue to work- dun like to be a housewife (just my own preference)
  45. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi 4017,
    No worries....well it is up to u whether u wan to put him there..for me i prefer not to cos sometimes they come home sick if someone;s baby has got flu or runny nose and dun wan to pay money and then hve to look after a sick bb.u can interact with other bbs in other ways...like brinng them for storytelling at library joinng a local mothers grp in ur area or enrolling him in Playgym class(which is what i'm doing)so u can be there to supervise ur bb and ensure he doesnt get germs from sick bbs.it is good to be social and it is up to u how u wan to do it.
  46. munchkukie

munchkukie New Member

Hi,

we are thinking of migrating to Oz cos we are afraid that our gal could not cope with the eductaion system here..any tips on the migration?

Both of us are accountants
  47. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi MH

i migrated 7 years ago under skill migration cos i am a nurse...and the demand is high...i'm not sure abt accountants though..u might wan to get a migration pack from the australian embassy in spore to find out..that was what i did b4. good luck
  48. cholelee99

cholelee99 New Member

Hi Iris and akk

May I join?

I have actually got my friend migrated to perth via starting a business there...it was tough as she was having two young children there.Her hubby wanted to get away from singapore but not herself as she missed singapore..

For those who are really keen to migrate to perth, maybe looking for a reliable agent is a good step.Do not get me wrong, am not an agent, but just sharing...

Hubby did ask me whether to migrate over to perth and has to do it before he turns 45.I am half hearted as gal is doing fine here.

Friend of mine did tell me that one really has to know the place or country well before decides to migrate...its a big decision....
  49. munchkukie

munchkukie New Member

Hi Iris,

thanks. I know accountants are a wanted occupation. I guess it might not be too hard to migrate as I got a long distance IT degree from Curtin too. I quite like Perth when I visit the place almost 8 yrs ago. I guess there would have been lots of changes now. The only minus points is that it is quite far from other ciries. Dh is more keen on Brisbane as his ex-collegue has migrated there. He has never even step on Australia.

We have even thought of making a short trip without the kids to suss things out over there.

The concern I have for migrating is lack of family support over there. In addition, I guess I will have to be a SAHM as there will be no domestic helpers over there.
  50. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hi MH,
    perth is quite far from other cities..almost same dist as going bac to sg.there have been lots of changes and a lot of migrants now..soon the shhops will open on sunday and later on wkdays as the population increases.maybe end
    of this year or next they will change retail hrs.
    u shold make a trip and see if u like itt....for me, i didnt evenvisit b4i migrated.. just got a job and took the big step cos i wasnt married then.but it is hard withoput family support...unless ur family visit often.btw how old are ur kids?
  51. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hi chole,

its a big decision and not easy if u miss spore already..for me i worked fulltime when i firt came so i didnt allow myself to have time to feel homesick and my family visited often so i wasnt too bad.how old is ur gal?
  52. cholelee99

cholelee99 New Member

Hi Iris

I have a p3 gal and a three year old boy.Many of my good friends are already there. They share with me all the pros and cons migrated to perth and I really appreciate their frank views.

Hmmm....my gal friend greatest motivation for her continue to stay in perth despite missing home is her FREE university educations for her boys and of course the cooling weather over certain time.....
  53. munchkukie

munchkukie New Member

I have a 2 year old and a 5 yr old. Both are gals. I think maybe will migrate when they are much older and more independent...then they can help to clean up the house too..:p
  54. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

hi,

can share on what are the pros and cons for living in WA?

My family is at this point of time making this BIG DECISION.

thanks alot
  55. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

Hi chole,
    looks like ur kids are quite big alrdy.will they miss their frens when u migrate.?thats the other thing since they are bigger...
    i dun think uni is free here only that they have option whereby the kids pay back their own fees when they go out to work.weather is great too except summer when it is stinkng hot.i had my bb in summer and thk god we had aircon..was up to 45deg one day but i was still in hospital...
  56. cholelee99

cholelee99 New Member

Hi Iris

I did not check the full story from them as its has been a while since we chat...maybe I will ask again.....

For me, friends will never be a problem for my kids as for the time being, daddy and mummy are the most impt person to them....

My gal friend ,her daughter, study in the aust uni,went over there when she was in p4,want to come back to singapore for good as she miss her cousins and friends and prefer the singapore culture....
  57. hopeac

hopeac New Member

58. woofwoof

woofwoof New Member

Iris,

i am surprise that education is not free for the PR.

For medical care, consulation is free but we have to pay for the medications. Heard that public health service quality is not so good also cos it is free.

In view of the above, why is the tax so high? Are there any other social benefits for the PR?
  59. irisbabe

irisbabe New Member

hi woof,

education is free in public schools from primary to high school..but the system not so good and i would prefer to send my kid to semi private or private school.for medical care,publi hospital is free but if u go and see Gp may have to pay a gap which means some gp charge $45 BUT MEDICARE only pay $30 so u pay the balance.if u have an accident and broke ur arm or leg..might have to wait for op in public hosp..my hub tore his ligament and was told he has to wait few mths for op...and we didnt buy private insurance..in the end we had to fork out 5k so he can have op immediately.if u have private insurance then dun have to wait also.
    tax is high cos the govt looks after the poor pple and the more u earn the moretax u pay..but medical for kids are free up to 18 yrs..so thats pretty good considering kids go and see drs quite often.and if u work for more than 10 yrs..when u retire got pension.thats a good thing also
  60. tub

tub Active Member

hihi, sorry to interupt. do you know if teachers are in demand over in perth? also, how do i start applying for migration? i'm just toying with the idea. i have a 4.5 month old baby gal. is racism rife there? thanks.