Any recommendations for good confinement lady?

leng78

Am looking for a confinement lady for Jan 2010. Any recommendations for good confiement lady or agency?

Hi all MTB,

I juz happen to come to this thread and it reminds me of what a great help my confinement nanny is. I doubt i'll be having the 3rd baby but nevertheless... if I do. I will certainly get back the same CL and from the same agency too.

I agree a good confinement nanny is very hard to engaged and i would like to state my experience with my confinement nanny.

Her name is Mei Hua and is about mid forties...from agency-she was recommended from my Boss too! Initially we have some doubts about her experiences but she soon familiarize herself and is a great help to us.

The she arrived the day I'm discharge from the hospital, aft putting my bb to sleep, she was introduced to my parents-in-law, my elder son, maid and my hubby... next, she prepare my bath water, longan tea and getting ready to cook dinner. I show her around my house and taught her how to use the vacuum cleaner, washing machine, stove and other electrical appliances and show her the kitchen and also the laundry area. Aft my bath, i went to rest and took a nap too. I woke up during my dinner time and was amazed that she cooked for the whole family and while we're having dinner, she took care of my bb and also give me advise on how to breast-feed my bb. During the ngt, my hubby and I had complete rest and Mei Hua took care of everything. As the week goes by, my bb is able to latch well and her confinement food was really superb. B'cos i don take pig trotters and rice wine chix, she encourage me to try and I ate heartily! On the third week, she also taught my maid baby handling skills and show patience towards my elder boy. She also gets along well with my both my parents-in-law. During the last week, I was worried that my bb will get 'hooked' to latching on during feeding, I ask Mei Hua to help me... She show great patience and care during the process and I'm really please with her performance.

As our family members really appreciate her help rendered, I gave her a 'big' ang pow on her last day and tell her that she 'earned' it herself. Till now, my parents-in-law still mentioned about her during our conversation.

She was indeed a great help and I really wish mummies could get this kinda help during your confinement period. Kindly PM me if any MTB interested in getting her contact.

I've engaged my first CL (58yrs) thru PEM confinement and she kept complaining about her backache and also muscle ache. I've a hard time

putting up with her & also her nonsense, she also insist on her 'break time' from 2:15pm to 4:15pm and during that hours she simply does nothing even my bb cries!? She keeps saying that it's her right from the agency. Juz one word of caution... mummies pls do not engaged CL >55yrs old and get a reliable agency.

P/s: I don get any commission out of this recommendation.

hi Leng,

can i recommend to you this aunty that does my cousin confinement? She did for all 3 of her babies and have very good feedback. However, she only does daytime only.

Let me know if you are interested. I can hook u up. My email is [email protected]. Please note I dont get anything out of this, just pure recommendation only.

Hi, I'm also thinking if I would like to get a confinement lady-either day or stay in.

I think I probably prefer day only. Also for Jan 2010.

However, I would like to know if any one you have recommendations of CL that will also listen to you. This is so as my husband and I have some idea on how we want to take care of our baby, for example not always picking up when baby cry but check first etc. Also, we not "pantang" so certain things if it's too troublesome, we do not wish to have to follow.

Any recommendation? Thanks!

wow sparks

Your CL sounds great... i wanted to ask my mum to help me but she has my little nephew to look aft, i offer to employ her a maid then she be my CL but she tinks that daughter shouldn't have come back to do confinement once she married off...haiz.. is a big headache for me too... can recommend your CL to me? is it a must to go through agent?

Thanks

Hi Dolphin,

My sis had just engaged from them too.. needing during CNY (next yr) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] . The same CL [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm not sure if she does freelancing but i remembered the agent told me all her Confinement Ladies were bonded by contract. But it's still a good thing to go thru the agency... b'cos they handled their transport, so less hassle for us to fetch and send.

Hi Sparks,

Me too will deliver my 1st bb in Jan 2010, Since your CL so good and I also looking for CL. I'm thinking to liaise with her directly, it is possible to have her contact no? Thanks.

Hey peeps,

just spoken to a friend. her CL from Msia took their deposit and ran away! Did not appear during her discharge. Now she is very stressed. I think when we all get a CL, better to find through recommendation or Singaporean.

My two cents worth only.

Hi Grape78,

I've no objection personally but she only does assignments from the agency itself. Nevertheless, I could ask her on yr behalf but keep yr fingers crossed as far as I know she's still under contract... chances are slim.

In addition, I don't want the same incident (CL took deposit & disappear kinda situation) quoted by Cher above to happen because I assume some responsibilities doing referrals/recommendations helping mums here in need of a CL which I had a good experience with. Dun want you to come 'chasing aft me' due to my 'good recommendations' huh? U know what i meant... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

p.s. r u the same person as leng78? just curious... but whichever you choose u must be careful too.

i agree with Sparks. There is always some form of responsibility when you do recommendation, or at least for me also.. thats why have to be sure then recommend. >_<

Hi Sparks,

Thanks for the advised. Noted the message, Dont worry I wont chase after u, I jst wanted to understand more on her workscope and availablity during that month. I did check with 2 CL agency they had quoted me very expensive close to 3k for 28days and I also not sure whether their CL service are good or not.

That's why i very appreciate those mummy sharing their experience after they gone thru with these stranger CL.

Hi Spark,

I'm not Leng78. I believe she may have the closer date with me to deliver bb in Jan 2010. Thanks.

haa.. edd the same month though....

Grape78, the same CL agency as I've enaged? I agree with you if their CL quality is consistent with the integrity of the agency I wouldn't mind paying more just to be assured. Even dealing with CL (Freelancing) might even turn out to be a disaster...

Grape78 forgot to congratulate you.... CONGRATULATIONS ON YR FIRST BB!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/bounce.gif]

I've come to learn that during confinement what matters most is recruperating and learning and getting used to motherhood. Engaging an experience, professional and reliable nanny is really what matters most. The experience is invaluable.

Hi Sparks,

Thank you.

In fact my sister also able to source for me 1 experience CL from M'sia but due to her own daugther also deliver during that period. So she not confident to commit mine.

The CL who did my confinement was good. She's only in her late 30s but loads of experience in CL already as she married very young. She's Chinese from the riau islands. Speaks mandarin, teochew & indonesian. She helped me with my triplets and though she can be a bit "aunty", she's open to discussion. Very good with handling babies, esp mine are all premmies at 34 weeks. So with full term baby i think she is more than ok. She's easy going and her cooking skills are superb. my family LOVES her cooking. my mil likes her a lot. .. heheh.. dat should say smthg abt her skills.

i call her LEE yi(hokkien for aunty) her contact no is +628127098655. Not sure if she is in indonesia as she is always busy with assignment around the riau islands & singapore.

wow triplets??? how u get it??? i wanted to have twins..but now only 1 bby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hehhe

for me it's in the genes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i'm a twin and on top of that the less than 1% chance which i jack pot with clomid to regulate ovulation..hahhaha

lol.. i've never imagined having tripets.. maybe twins since i'm one..

now i can say YES IT"S WNODERFUL.. but not during the pregnncy stages and not the first 6 months of their birth... i think i've never felt so miserable in my life during that period. I'm not sure about other mommies with triplets but when i was pregnant esp at the last 2 months, it was living nightmare every moment awake or asleep.. if i can sleep. Then after birth it was also hard to cope with the 3 babies and being a cow 247 (BF) and all despite having strong family support.

yup i have 2 great maids who love my girls and leave me in peace to go out to work

yuki

Hi, i booked mine immediately after my first trimester and our agreement was based on trust so did not pay any deposit.

Better start calling CL as the trusted ones are usually booked early.

I have a good confinement lady to recommend

She is very experienced in this field, having more than 20 years of full-time experience. She is in her early 50sand her charges are reasonable, but if you would like to find out more about the charges,

email [email protected]

hi,

i'm currently in confinement n find my CL very good to recommend to mummies here. she's a fast worker, does things fast but clean n neat. its her character to mop the kitchen after cooking. she cooks n take care of my whole family very well. my nb is prematured, she's very pro-breastfeeding n feeds him with ebm as much as he needs, sometimes 2 hrly or 3 hrly. so far my nb 2 weeks under her care has already gained abt 500g after discharge. my no. 1 also gained weight under her care. i'm quite lucky to have found her.

if u keen to find out more abt her, can PM me.

Hi angel,

Mayb i could shed a light to yr question? I've helped my sis to source for alternative and options when coming abt engaging CL and we've just settled and booked one that ultimately proven to be our first choice and it's costs at S$3000 for 28days. It's actually depend on if yr confinement would cover the three important CNY days. You could PM me for queries too...

Hi Angel

I just asked my nannies who are also CL, most of them don't want to do during CNY. When exactly is your due date? The rate for those who will do is around $3000-$3200. PM if you want to find.

my confinement nanny is a malaysian, very experienced and many people also book her in advance. she charges me around $1700 that time.

im comfortable with her cooking and she takes care of basic house chores for me.

Ladies,

I am also looking for one around CNY. My EDD should be around 26 Jan.. called a few but all not very keen as its nearing CNY. Anyone can PM me of their CL

Hi,

I m also looking for a confinement lady. my EDD is ard 14 feb.

Hi Sparks,

I just PM you. Not sure still can enage your CL, my EDD is 5 Feb. But could be earlier maybe late Jan.

Still thinking whether shld engage day time CL or stay in CL, any views ?

Hi kokamee,

Night help is what we confinement mum needed most.... a helper around could let us have a peace of mind that our bb is well taken cared of and husband can sleep throughout the night too... but it differs in each household. depending if u wanna maid to handle yr infant. for me, my maid doesn't touch my child she only does household chores, i still cannot trust her in handling my child's needs. In addition, if yr confinement crosses over the CNY period... I (personally) think the daytime nanny might "fly u kite"... So getting one helper which u could trust and experience & is reliable is very difficult. Suggest u book one earlier...

Hi aspialle

Could you pm me your Confinement nanny's contact number? I am due early Jan, so likely will need a Confinement nanny for the month of Jan.

Thanks.

Hi Sparks,

Thanks for the advice.

I don't have a maid and maybe I shld get a stay in CL but really hv to difficult to find one that is good. Most good ones are being engaged already ! Somemore my EDD close to CNY, makes it more tough to find one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Hui

can send me the contact of your CL? mine edd end jan, sure cross CNY de, yes understand alot of CL don't do during these period, if i am a CL, i also don't do lah..hmmm hope to find some kind soul to handle my first bb...

Sparks,

can send me the contact of the agency that you went to? also what to look for when choosing a CL?

Tks in advance - [email protected]

Hi Sparks

Could you PM me the agency which you hired your CL? Thanks a lot.

Hi Hui

Could you PM me the contact of your CL? Thanks a lot.

Hi there

My EDD is 31Jan.Could you kindly PM me your recommended CL's contact?

My previous one wasnt good. She feeds my baby at irregular hours and even the amount of milk. She even commented mine was the most difficult baby to handle. I believe this is part of the reson that I had slight postnatal depression.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can any ladies share with me the advantage of having a confinement lady versus help from mum? My mum has offered to help but i am not sure if she can cope as it is a long time since she looked after a baby.

Another concern is of course the high cost of getting CL since it will be over the CNY. It seems also difficult to get a good CL. Have heard horror stories of changing CL before the confinement month is over.

Any experience to share?

thanks!

Hi orangedots,

If your mum is not too old and still able, she is still the best candidate in helping with your confinement. For my past 2 pregnancies, my mum and mil were helping with the cooking and caring for the babies. You know that she'll put in her heart and soul into taking care of you and baby out of love for you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And no doubt you will have no prob getting use to their cooking.

I am taking a risk in engaging a confinement lady this time cos I really do not know how she works around the house and if I don't like her cooking, I'll suffer for 28 days :p Hope I will not have any personality clash with her too!

Juz make sure your mummy will not tire out and do shower her with a big ang bao to show your appreciation (though my mum returned it during my baby shower..sigh...).

Hi Bin,

Thanks for your advise. Yes, i do agree that my mum will do her best to look after me and my bb. I am also concern if my mum will be tired looking after us for one full month.

I will probably look out if there are any good confinement nanny options and decide later

Hi, I found that most of the CLs are taken up in jan 2010. I am looking for a good and experience CL in late jan 2010. Any recommendations?

Please email me @ [email protected] as i do not have the time to look into this forum. Thank you very much.

Back