Any Recommendation for Childcare near Yio Chu Kang area

Thanks Celia and Sophia for the info. I have checked out the website and will be making a visit to Discovery Garden at 39 cactus road tomorrow to find out more. Heard the teachers and curriculum is good. Also like the idea of small class teaching. Furthermore the setup is new.

Hi,

My gal is also studying in discovery garden and She is very happy there. I like the curriculum and teachers. The teachers are experienced, fun loving and caring. They will engage the kids in different kinds of activities and giving them varied experiential learning. My gal always come back home with many interesting happenings in school.

Hi

I've checked out discovery garden at 39 cactus crescent. Pleased with the program and environment. Signed up for enrolment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] glad still have vacancies

Hi phobemom, me too had gone down to visit 39 cactus crescent, Discovery Garden. I'm surprised that the place is much bigger than expected! They have access to the big soccer field at the back of the school and the place looks neat and tidy. Maybe because it is new. The teachers look pleasant and the principal is approachable and friendly. But I will still have to discuss with my husband[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

I am also considering to put my girl at discovery garden at cactus.

Have you'll started to place your child there?

How's their curriculum?

Any other feedback?

Hi Sophia,

How is ikids (cambridge) at saraca?

What would you recommend about that centre?

I went to visit the centre and found the place rather old and messy.

But i have heard good reviews about their caring teachers and good curriculum.

Hi bethel

My girl has started classes at discovery garden at cactus. She enjoyed herself there and seems happy everyday. The reason I changed her to discovery garden was the curriculum. I feel the curriculum helps the child to prepare for p1 and at same time, promotes hands on and play. Wat attracts me was the small teacher to children ratio and outdoor play. Furthermore the sch does not have tv which most childcare have and I feel tv time not so beneficial for chn at young age.

Hi,

I intend to enrol my boy at discovery garden at cactus. Will let him go to the trial class and see if he likes it.

Any feedback on the teachers there as they seem young and most of them are single or without kids.

Their principal Ms Sophie is a nice n experienced teacher. Unfortunately half of the staff are not to the level. I''m still shaken by what I saw...a teacher grabbed a child n shake him hard n pressed his head to make him understand that he should be in the queue..the child is a cheerful little 2 yrs old, does he deserve this type of treatment? What's wrong with her? Everyday,she seems to be angry. So worry that this is common as other teachers don't seem surprise by her actions. Well, it is a centre that needs a lot of moulding...i mean their teachers..really a lot more..hygiene,shortage of qualified staff, Good English speaking teachers.

Talking abt hygiene, one teacher had to clear her nose n the next moment she was holding onto two kids' hands! Then 2 days later, 3 kids from her class were sick for a week...weather bad? maybe...maybe..

hi, suprise to see this thread...posted in another site to look for child care.. ha ha..

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/5211826.html?1334914779

now a bit desperate...will go for my search on monday on discovery garden and carpe diem at hilltop...

hi MamaD, I met that sophie before, she is really good. I made an appointment to see her on Monday. But how come the evaluation of the staff seems negative..your child in which level...my boys in K1 and N2...don't scare me ok!!! you got speak to sophie and clarify the matter? She seems to be a very experienced and professional lady, will not condone this behaviour...any misunderstanding...wow...my hubby has good impression of this centre..that why want me to go down on monday to see see look look...you can pm me to share can?

Hi cute,

Pm u.

I like Sophie too. She understands kids very well due to her experience and a mum herself. You don't have to explain a lot to her about your kid, she observes and can tell u pretty much..I can say she is even better than me..

The open space is great for kids. Non-air con except during napping.

If only the centre's teachers are like her! Well, she has to find out the problem one of these days and deal with her own staff.

I have had a excellent experience with is Discovery Garden at Yio Chu Kang so far and my child has been enrolled there for the past 8months now. The teachers are caring and very responsive to the children in general. I am sure there may be some exceptions to the norm but I am sure that they are just EXCEPTIONS.

The children have lots of play time in the huge garden which I absolutely love! I feel that outdoor play is way more important as compared with rote learning which takes place in primary school anyway! My child loves his teachers and his school and each day he returns singing and dancing! A true test of a child care centre in my opinion!

Anyone heard of Licdo Schoolhouse? Thinking of new childcare because my child classmates left for better choices since the school fees has increased by $200. I'm not sure whether it is good for her since she gets used to the teachers and the wonderful open field. Parents who left told me it will be hard in the beginning but they can adapt faster than we thought. Am in dilemma..maybe I shld switch to the cactus branch since the fees still remain?? any comments for cactus branch?

My gal is 2.5 yrs now at hilltop full day(was in PG last year and now pre-nursery) and she enjoys going to school. When we tell her to rest at home (when she's sick), she says she wants to go to school.

The fee increase was meant to increase the teaching quality and indeed i think it has. My gal has a well qualified form teacher and she has gym, phonics and speech & drama lessons conducted by external coaches/instructors at no additional cost. The culture is open and friendly, and by 5pm, all the kids (from PN to K2) play in the large garden together. So my gal knows and recognises most of her school mates and teachers and she even pointed to me one day at my condo playground - 'this boy is in discovery garden'i didn't believe her at first until i really saw the boy in DG playing. Everytime i pick her, her teacher will update me about how she did in school - therefore i really appreciate the parent-teacher partnership as well.

Hi Terche and mummies,

How is the syllabus taught in the school - Discovery Garden Hilltop?

Thank you. [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

I'm thinking of putting my both kids at DG - Cactus crescent. Can any mummies share more feedback on this school? Thanks!

Hi,
May I know if this discovery garden is good ?
Any mummies engage school bus ? So far so good ?
I live near Amk mrt area having hard time finding a secure vacancy for next year 2015 .
View another school at kebun Bahru but they don provide transport , infact non of the student takes transport to school.

With so many good reviews of Discovery garden , I intend to view the school too.

Back