Any Mums with Only One Child Age 4 & Above?

sharon_c

Hi, i notice majority of the mummies here are discussing baby's issues, any mummies with only one child age 4 & above? I have a 4 yr old daughter in K1 this year!

Jurong East. How about you? Do you feel 'left out' in this forum? I mean that majority are discussing babies stuffs!

Hi,there,
I have only 1 daughter in K2 this year. I stay in Choa Chua Kang.
Yes, I do feel left out in this forum.Not only becos the most mummies here are discussin babies stuff, but also everyone seems to know everyone else for so long.... ha ha.

Hello to all!
happy.gif

I don't 'qualify' to be in this thread... hee... cos I have two kids. But I do meet the condition of having a child aged 4! Can I join? Well, my elder gal is 4 yo (in Nursery) and my younger gal is 2 yo.

Hi all
most of the mummies here, yeah you are right that they are discussing abt babies stuff
happy.gif
. I guess part of it is because they or rather we(cos i inclusive) were from the www.singaporebrides.com forum which we discussed abt bridal affair and such. Then most of us got pregnant at the same time...... thats why
happy.gif

and then there were threads in singaporebrides forum which is like Mothers to be thread. subsequently those threads were moved to this website. and we continued....

mmm most of our kiddos r v young. like 3yo or lesser.

oh yea to add on, "everyone seem to know everyone" also cos we had been chatting in the forum for quite.. few years? and we do meet ups for gathering too
happy.gif

Hi to all,
I came across this forum sometimes ago, but didn't join in the chat cos, not quite comfortable with the way it's classified...like 2005 mums and 2004 and earlier mums.

May be I am just more used to keeptouch Community Portal's forums styles and format.

Only join in when I saw the threads "Stay at Home Moms" (but this is in the Marketplace and Exchange Corner!)and this "Mums with one child age 4 & above".

yeah...

for me too late to do..community work..etc...Roysth would be a good choice but I stay at SengKang..probably choose somewhere near hougang..

Hi mummies,
Looks like you will be registering your 6 year olds for P1 this year huh ? Dragon babies right ? Which school are you going to put them in ?

My girl will be in South View Primary School, luckily can register under Phase 2A, no need to ballot!

Janet,
yours will be in Pei Hwa right? My husband's niece and friend's niece also there.

Hi Van,
We hope to put him there. You lucky ah, phase 2A. My hubby wants to put the boy at Pei Hwa and doing voluntary work. I am stressed just thinking of it because the school standard is high and my boy's Mandarin is kinda lousy.

Hi mummies,
My 2nd one came quite unexpectedly. My boy was already 4 then. But we are happy with the surprise as we had always wanted to have a girl. Now my girl is climbing and imitating her brother.

Janet,
My brother-in-law bought an old apartment in Bt Timah area just to put his daughter in Pei Hwa, ended up that year didn't need to ballot.

One of my girl's teacher also doing voluntary work at South View, just to get her son in. Yet my hushand's still not very convinced that we should put her in South View. Sign.

Van,
What a nice break to come to this thread to chat instead of buying/selling all the time. HaHaHa.

My son was born in 2000 (year of the dragon). Since my hubby is doing voluntary service, he will be under phase 2B. I am not sure have to ballot or not. BTW, is yr hubby's niece stressed in Pei Hwa ?

Janet,
According to my sis-in-law(brother-in-law's wife=SIL?), her daughter's scores is only 60-70 marks most of the time,compared to my cousin's comments tat it's very easy to score 90-100marks during P1-P3.

She also missed a lot of Saturday activities cos my BIL stay in Bt Panjang,they said it's too far to send her to Bt Timah and they don't have car.

But my friend's niece seems to be quite happy at PeiHwa, 1st half year of Pr 1 very relaxed.

Hi Van,
I am not the sort who will pressure my kids in terms of academic work. Ironically, the one who is under pressure is my hubby. So, I do remind him not to do that without my kids around. As long as my son tries his best, I'm satisfied. Kids of today don't get to enjoy childhood already. So I don't want him to feel too pressurized.

Hi,Janet,
Nowadays it's very hard to find parents who don't feel pressurize when come to kids'academic work, with the streaming system (which is what I hated most).Boys are tougher,as they are usually late-bloomer.

Then we see all these tution centre for English,Chinese,Maths and even Science every where.Sometimes I do wonder why do these centre need to exist? Aren't the children supposed to learn what they need to know about these subjects in school?

I agree with you Van. At most, I will send my son for Chinese tuition if necessary. But kids + MUMMIES are already so stressed now.

But I am in favour of letting my girl exposed to different activities/programmes BEFORE she starts her primary school.So she can choose those that she really like and continue afer she starts Primary when she will have limited free time.

Apparently, she likes ballet very much, although I send her for ballet more for a form of exercise,as I am worried that she may face same problem like me,having arthritis with stiff back,ballet seems to be a good form of stretching exercise.

Hi Van,
My son loves to draw and honestly he is not bad. He's in K2 this year, so can still afford the time. I would like to let him continue next year if he really has the talent. Just don't know if he has the time for art lessons in P1.

Hi Janet

Is there any reasons why your husband is not keen to put yr kid in SouthView? I thought that is a one of the better school around Teckwhye/CCK. My neighbour has to ballot her daughter to get in the school even though we live less than 0.3km from the school.

Spanielpups,

FTWM=Full Time Working Mom
SAHM=Stay AT Home Mom

I think you might have mixed up,it's my hb who is not keen to put my kid in South View, not Janet. Janet is going to put her 1st child in Pei Hwa.

Probably becos some of his friends and his own brother brain-washed him about how important it is to put the kids into a Good(Elite?Branded?)school, instead of neighbourhood school.

My Brother in law even went to the extent of buying an old apartment in Bt Timah for his daughter to get into Pei Hwa,so may be my hb thought he's not doing enough for his darling?

He knew that both South View and De La Salle are two of the most popular schools in CCK, need balloting every year,but may be he's not convinced that it is a "Good" school.

Wow, i'm so happy to know still have a few mummies like me having older kid(s)!

Heard Pei Hwa principal is good but they are offering higher chinese for the students!

This year have to monitor the registeration for next year P1 students! I have a few choices in mind & hopefully can choose the right one for my gal (& me)!
happy.gif

Hi Van

I am a FTWM. For schools, I am easy as long as it is convenient location (child dun have to wake up like 5am in the morning to board the schoolbus type), of course I would choose one of the better schools in neighbourhood. I dun believe in going to branded schools. Not all students in branded schools are top students, there are some that flop their exams too. Also dun believe in stressing the child. hahaha.

Thinking of bringing my daughter to have her ears pierced... anyone esle has done this before? where to pierce? my time, my mum brought me to the gold smith shop to pierce

Spanielpups,
Southview is too far. I've got a few options - Bukit Timah Primary, Keming, Pei Hwa. To us, our priority is CLOSE proximity to home. So we will try either Bukit Timah OR Pei Hwa. I don't believe in branded schools because sometimes teachers see $$$ more important than the students. Besides, I don't want my child to feel less privileged in schools where kids have lots of money. There is always that peer pressure.

Hi Sharon,
Don't worry, there are many mummies here who have older kids too.

I've done some 'homework' regarding primary schools in the West. Forget about Nanyang, it's close to impossible getting in. Bukit Timah & Pei Hwa offer higher Chinese but it's not what you and I fear. At this point, I heard that the primary 1 chinese syllabus will be changed as of next year.

Registration for primary 1 will start in July. So, time to get serious about which primary school to put your child in. If you can't get affiliated secondary school, then the other priority is close to home and not so stressful for the child.

Hi Janet,

Do you know Fuhua? Thot of it coz is nearer to my house but it is going to merge with another primary school in 2008. Not sure is it a good choice now!

Sharon,
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Fuhua. There are just too many primary schools now. Sometimes, I wonder if there is a need. I used to be from Swiss Cottage primary, but now it has been merged with another primary school.

Do some homework about the schools you have shortlisted. Check out the principal, school environment and teachers too.

Hi Janet

It is also a 50% chance of getting in to SouthView. My neighbour tries to get her grand daugther in and it was like 120 seats with 230 balleting for it. We live less than 0.3km from SouthView....!!! If I can't get my son in, think I will try Concord Primary School which is within walking distance from my mom's place.
sad.gif

Spanielpups,
If you use your mum's place, then I'm not too sure if the priority is as high. Primary schools in Singapore are good, not necessarily branded schools. So, do some research before registration starts.

<font color="ff6000">Hi,Hi!Sharon!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Janet</font>
looks like you did quite a bit of homework liao hor? so your priority is Pei Hwa i supposed? Btw, is Arise kinder located inside Church of Singapore? Opposite Courts?

its nice to read so much useful info here!

Hi Sharon,
Primary school is the 'serious' first school that the child attends. So, it's very important that the principal/teachers are motivators and don't see $$$ more impt than the kids.

Mrs Shim,
Arise Kindergarten is located inside Church of Singapore. I hope to put my son in Pei Hwa because I've talked to the principal and find that she is a Christian and that she cares. BTW, I'm not a Christian. Also because so near home.

Hi my dear Mrs Shim! :D

Thanks Janet but how do i know especially i found out that there will be a merge of Pandan Pri &amp; Fuhua Pri in 2008. So i believe there will be a change in the management! Right?

Actually, it depends on which principal will have to go if there is a merger of schools. Why don't you make an appt to visit the school for a visit ?

Back