Any mummy stay with mother in law?

wow...this thread is a heaven sent...haha. i'm quite lucky that my mil dont stay with us but she insisted that she'll help me with e confinement when i had my gal...so bobian let her stay over then. and so many problems and conflicts in one month lor...

1. she dont know how to cook confinement food, so by e second wk, ask me to eat normal food already. my mom was so upset!
2. she's quite big size so cannot bend / squat to bath my gal. in e end, my dad and mom had to take leave to help bath bb
3. we got her a super single bed to sleep in but she insisted that she needed a bigger bed! we got a double bed for her thou it's only for one mth...so waste $$ hor
4. she's got high blood and cholestrol so cannot wake up in e middle of e night (or so she claims - my mom has e same conditions but takes care of my gal at night now). during confinement, i took care of my gal on my own...

in e end, she turned out not to be of much help...but e worst was when she said totally silly things like i cannot eat sesame seeds! i asked her why no since sesame oil is often used in confinement cooking...guess what's her reply?!? that sesame oil is not made from sesame seeds! haha...i had to "report" that one to my hubby.

after that incident, i decided to employ a confinement nanny to help out when i had my boy. she still have e cheek to ask why we waste money on confinement nanny. once biten twice shy man.

i oso have e same concern that she'll move in with us eventually and worry abt how difficult she'll be when she's older....my worst nightmare come true.

I wonder usually where did u all stay during confinement? your own home, ur mother's or ur mil stay over ur home?

As I am TTC, i am thinking of this qtn oredi..coz i can predict the conflicts b/w mil n me..

Hi,
i stayed @home during confinement.my own mother cooked & brought food 4 me everyday.my MIL din even bother to do anything 4 me.but she took 1 mth leave & took care of my SIL during her confinement.tat's y i say she's v bias.right frm the beginning.

i did find my MIL or PILs biased against me. LIke when their 2nd son is ard at home, my FIL will never ask him to go help him to buy things. FIL will always call me to help him. just like last week, when i was at my In laws plc for afternoon, my FIL got cheek to ask me to go SHENG SHIONG to buy 4 bottles of 5Litres oil for him. i was damn mad! their son at home dun ask him.. purposely ask me

how can ur fil ask u, the female to buy such heavy stuff 4 him? I will get mad n ignore if i were u.

luckily my fil always leaves me alone. (he doesnt talk to me at all)

I would rather like my ILs ignore me, rather than ask me do this do that.

my FIL is ok.i knows he dotes on his grandson (ie.my BIL's son),but at least he bothers to play & pay attention to my girl,even when the boy is around.but not my MIL lor.can juz treat us like transparent.so pissed that i hav complained to my hubby b4.
the thing is,if u dun wan to love my girl,nev mind,but dun 'act' like u love her a lot,when your grandson is not around. so hypocrite, i find

I'm not staying w my MIL but I also have lots of problems w her when we jus moved into our own house. She would take my hubby's clothes back to my BIL's house to wash. Waliew! As if I never wash my hubby's clothes. Told her a few times not to do that but she ignored.
When I had my boy, all my relatives commented that he looks like me. My MIL not happy. She wants the grandson to look like his son n not DIL. Come on, my son le. I carried him for 10 mths. Wat wrong my son looks like me more than the papa?
Currently, She is staying w my BIL n SIL. I pity my SIL cos staying w my MIL is a big headache. They almost got divorced cos of my MIL.

A few days back, i asked for separation frm my hubby. My mil's staying with us. This happened many times alr. Mine is worse still. Pretend to be good in front of my hubby n then when back is turned, she said nasty thing. This morning, another arguement took plc again. My girl's bday is coming soon n I had alr got her a bday suit which cost me more than 100+ and my mil told me tht she'd prepared 1 set of clothes and shoes for baby to wear n insisted that she wears this during the bday party.

N as for confinement, I've this nanny who cooked for me n she said tht cooking not nice. I wonder who's doing the confinement. Then in the end, the nanny cannot take it n left much earlier. My mum always brought food up for the nanny to cook for me n like this my mil also cannot "see-open" complained to my hubby, "Why? Is tht supposed to be an insult to me tht I am not buying fresh food for my DIL n ill treat her?" I had depression when doing confinement. Sometimes, really very tired of all these games. I just feel like giving up the whole marriage becos after all these arguements, u feel tht there seems no love btw both parties n reason why being together is just only for the kid

Seems like most of the MIL the same. I also having problems with my MIL. She volunteered to stay with me throughout my confinement. My inlaws were happy cos they finally have a grandson, but my confinement was a nitemare. First, I had gallstones attack during my confinement and instead of giving me those confinement food, I was given only plain porridge. My mother bot me lots of red dates/longan for them to boil water for me. Guess wat? My MIL say "no nid boil so much. jz have colouring enuf". End up it was plain water with colour (dun even taste like red dates/logan water)My FIL cooked a big pot of vinegar ginger but most of it went to my MIL's relatives cos they love to eat it. After many months later, my MIL finally admit that she had no experience in confinement. If that is so, y did she volunteer? I broke down during my confinement n went hysterical cos they refuse to let me even hold my bb, giving me lots of excuses. even till date, I am having probs with my inlaws. sigh.

mylvera, it's always like tht. Worse still my husband was siding with his mum. And when I needed the support frm my husband the most, I was told to sleep in another room taking care of the baby myself becos the nanny was unable to come much earlier. If not, will wake him up frm his sleep. Tht period of time was the worst. At times, just really thot of leaving the hse and nvr ever come back again. Why dun u move back to ur parents' plc when u r doing ur confinement?

hi mylvera,

it is nonsense that ur mil refuse u to hold ur bb. the bb is created by u. y cannot hold him? ur mil is too much.

in future if i hv a bb, i will sure do not let her do my confinement. but i am not sure if my hb is supportive, coz we stay v near to her. but stay v far fr my mum.

now n then, my mil will urge me to hv a bb. n claimed that she can "help" me take care of the bb. (i will think'g, who allows u to take care of the bb?)

i dun like the way she handle bb. she is takg care of my sil's bb. the way she handle bb is v unhygienic. n no system at all.

i will take care of my bb myself. even during confinement, i wont let mil to snatch the bb way...the more i think, the more unwilling to have a bb.

PentUPMum, I am seriously thinking abt moving back to my parents' pl for my next confinement but I am sure my hb will not allow. He claimed tat his mother is a qualified nurse who knows how to take care of me. lol. My uncle who is a doc was shocked to know tat a nurse actually fed me with plain porridge for my confinement.
Cos she is a nurse n had seen everything, so even when i was bfeeding in my room, she will budge into my room. When i was using the pc, she would look at what I am reading n comment on it. Did mention these to my hb but he felt that I am too sensitive n tat his mum will never do tat (cos she always do it when he is not ard).Sigh. this is a good pl for me to vent my frus. haha thks for "listening"
Janica, mayb u could suggest to yr mum n ask her to stay w u thro out yr confinement?

Hi Ladies,
I have a son & a daughter. Like most of you, the old ones like boys more than girls. My hubby has 3 siblings - he is number 2 and has an older brother who has only one child (a gal). Well, the old ones don't even know what my son's favourite food is. What I hate MOST is hearing her say my son very 'ba bai' (Cantonese saying that the person is very big deal). There was once she asked me what my son likes to eat (which is just braised mushroom). Next thing I hear is that WORD !!! It's so irritating to have any conversation with her. So, cut it short, I can't be bothered to even open my mouth. She didn't even raise her children to be hygienic. Dare not think of her looking after my kids. Yucks !!! In front of my hubby, she will act damn innocent and angelic but behind him, her claws and horns will appear.

B4 I had my boy, my MIL also keeped rushing me to have a BB n even ask me to buy BB clothes to standby when I'm NOT EVEN pregnant. She offered to take care my BB n ask me to go back to work. I told my hb no way his mama will take care of my boy. Even if I go back to work, I will get my cousin to take care.
Dun like the way she teaches the kid. She is taking care of my SIL's daughter. N she complained to my hb that she is angry w the gal cos whenever her parents are home, she dun want the grandma already. Aiyo! How can she say that? It her parents le. Wat wrong w that?
N when the parents got home, my MIL would tell the gal, "See who is home? It's papa!" Then how abt the mama?

MIL doing confinement for DIL
i am also another mummy that stays w MIL. basically she's ok. but this confinement thingy still hangs on my head sometimes.
as we stay with her and no CL engaged, DH asked if she can do confinement for me. she said ok. then she proceed w the 'stocking-up' of confinement stuff nearer to my due date. after i went home frm hospital, the confinement food she cooked was out of the norm... eg minced pork with preserved veg., brocolli w galic. she did not cook separately for me. i ate frm e same dishes as FIL and DH. she even told me that an aunt told her that i shouldn't take sesame oil. told my mum abt it, she got upset and took one month leave frm wrk.. cooked my meal and bring down to my MIL place everyday. me n mum still puzzled on why she did that.. thru conversation, realised that she does know what confinement food are and how to do.. she just dun do it.
how yr MIL and mum treat u is really different for most cases... not own flesh and blood
another thing.. during pregnancy.. she also cooked 'cooling' food for me like kangkong, winter melon..

I agree w/ woofwoof that mil n our own mother treat us differently. and my mil also does not cook nice things to me too.

b4 i was married to her son n when i had lunch at her place, she cooked shitake mushrooms, duck, and boiled soup to me. after i become the dil, sometimes when we drop by her place, she will only cook veggies n tofu to me. mo more meat. now, i dun expect she will cook anythg good for me, since i think that she might have the feeling that dils dun deserve good care by them.

I wonder why mil often wanna to do confinement to dil even when they know nothing abt confinement. is it becoz mil wanna to see the bb only, rather than take care of the dil?

I also agree that MIL n our own mum treat us differently. I guess they "volunteer" to do confinement cos they wana be closer to the bb. Mine did give me the impression. B4 my son reaches his first month celebration, my MIL told me not to let everyone carry him cos it is the flu season. On the actual day, she let all her relatives carry him and when my relatives went into the room to see him (cos he is sleeping in his cot) she would rush in w black face n say "wat are u ppl doing here!" Hence, none of my relatives dare to carry my son (including my parents)
I always wonder if I m a human or a child producing machine. haha Too bad I wun get to know how my MIL will treat daughters cos she has no daughters, only 2 sons.

I also agree that MIL n our own mum treat us differently. I guess they "volunteer" to do confinement cos they wana be closer to the bb. Mine did give me the impression. B4 my son reaches his first month celebration, my MIL told me not to let everyone carry him cos it is the flu season. On the actual day, she let all her relatives carry him and when my relatives went into the room to see him (cos he is sleeping in his cot) she would rush in w black face n say "wat are u ppl doing here!" Hence, none of my relatives dare to carry my son (including my parents)
I always wonder if I m a human or a child producing machine. haha Too bad I wun get to know how my MIL will treat daughters cos she has no daughters, only 2 sons.

my MIL did not do the confinement 4 me,but 'volunteer' to do 4 my SIL,though i suspect the reason is so she can b close to the grandson.talk abt cooking.only when my BIL & family is home,then i get to eat some decent home cooked food.even when i was pregnant,& when we go back 4 dinner on weekends,she'll bring leftover food (frm her office) as our dinner.c'mon, i was pregnant ok!!she's trying to feed me leftover fried bee hoon & sandwiches.imagine the mayonese in the sandwich which was left in the air for hours!!my husband refused to eat these leftover food.he told him mother if she has no time to cook, we can always buy back & eat.heng,my hubby q understanding.
throughout my pregnancy,she has nev make any tonic soup or cook anything special 4 me,whereas my mom will make bird nest & stuff 4 me.it's really a difference between own mother & MIL lor.

WOOFWOOF
Haha, i got quite a similar case as u. I also got a quite hack care mil. I'm stayin with her cos i got no choice. Durin my last stage of pregnancy, she even cook left over food for me and expect me to eat. but i didn' of cos.Note-The left over food is left over for 3 days ok. haiz, we'r jus :"ming bu hao"

I do agree with all out there on the treatment compared to your own mother n MIL. If i m going to hv another baby, I will definitely move back to my mum's plc. During my confinement, (I dun knw abt the rest out there) my MIL cooked chicken for me and mine was a natural birth. Old ppl had this saying tht esp. after surgery, u r not allowed to eat chicken n seafood becos' of inflammation. I think even pig's liver also cannot eat. N yet everyday she cooked for me this dish and tht was before the confinement nanny came. N she kept mentioning how good and capable she is in cooking confinement dishes and blah blah blah.. But then of course, I m not totally saying my MIL is not good. She does helps me out in some ways. But I dun like the way how she wants to micro-manages.

Mylvera, if I m u, if my Hubby wants me to bear him another child, I'll talk thru' the conditions with him.
lame.gif

xxqkcl
I'm also facing the same thing as u. She even went to the extent of saying tht the baby only wants the dad n not me when I try to carry her. But when my baby clings on to me n refused my Hubby to carry her, she said it's becos I'm all dressed to go out !
kao_confused2.gif
I was like "Huh?! I m dressed in my home clothes" Sigh .. MIL r so unpredictable. N my sil was aying tht her mum is the best MIL she ever sees. Hahaha .. Wants to laugh also dun dare (Later "internal injuries"). Who will ever say their own mother is no good.

My MIL also micro-manages... We bought walker, playpen n bumbo seat for my boy... everything she also has things to say... Say walker no good. Bumbo also no good. Playpen useless.. etc... v irritating...
During my confinement, she would drop by often n nags at the confinement lady. Luckily my confinement lady v patient n furthermore, not everyday kana nags.. so she can tolerate...
My MIL so scared the confinement lady didnt wash his son's clothes clean enough so she brought them back to wash... I no eyes to see...

MILs tends to everything also "put a feet" in it. i bought a clothes hanger stand n sewing machine. when she saw them, she started say'g y bought those? no use one.

i am not staying with her, how can she know those r useless for me? of coz i didnt say anything. my treatment to her nag is to ignore n dun respond. the more i respond the more she will nag at me.

n when your MILs nag at the CL, i think MIL thinks that they know better than any CLs. And since it is their sons to hire n pay CL, MILs tend to nag as often as poss. n force them to listen to their grumbles n complaints so that MILs feel superior to CLs.

in future when i will do my confinement, i would rather go back to my mum place. i may not staying in my house coz i stay v near my mil's. sure she will drop by everyday to spoil my mood. i dun want any arguements during that one month.

ya precisely.... She sometimes buy things here n i told her I dun use. She also dun care.
Yes... My MIL feels the CL is like a maid so she is like a boss to CL.
I want to go back to my dad's place but no room for me to stay in. So stay in my own house.
So i beforehand, I warned my hb. I dun want to hear the mama say this n that. I dun want to get post natal blues!
During my confinement, whenever my MIL came over. I see her, then my mood will be spoil n my screws will get loose.... n if she started to nag, i will talk back... :p

my mil oso brought a lot of things to my house. i told her we didnt need those n she still brings. then after a few months i will throw those away. coz the things r old, used n dirty, like used old fashion plates n bowls, cheap towels, used bucket n broom n mop.

i dunno why she keeps on bring over altho i have all those.

when she came n cant find these things, i told her i throw away liao. she then asked me y. told her off that they r old n i dun need. ask u dun bring over so i throw away. since then she stops the act.

this is the only one time i talk her back. the rest of the time i am like a mute. to avoid conflicts.

now i have oredi told her hb beforehand that i will go crazy if mil camp overnite at my house during confinement of months after.

zhuzhu, my MIL not that mean at least... cos i carry 1st grandchild of the family.
but things that she does quite weird, not like an experienced mother...
dun want to feed my 7mth old boi porriage, said he not ready. most mothers will face difficulty when weaning their BB as they are used to milk and not solid. must be patience and keep trying mah..
i made vegetable broth for the porriage and she said why used different type of vege to make broth.. later BB allergy and dun know what causes it. but all vege in the broth had been intro to BB previously.
but she really dotes on my boi... the downside is that she doesn't discipline him... like dun eat porriage so dun eat loh.

gals, engaging a CL is not cheap, can cost almsot 2k but hor its really worth evry cents. so i rather pay this money than to get PIL to do confinement for me.

my PIL also volunteer, say y not give them this 1.7k n they do confinment for me instead. i straight away say i already engage n pay deposit for CL liao.

were staying together with IL after married. not bad cos i went to work very early n came back late n just need go to bed. after gor pregnant, same thing until i give birth.

no relative came to visit me at the hospial but when i return home the 3rd day, soem relative start to come n stay few hours at the houe talking non-stop. the CL came n FIL expect her to cook for him too. end up he ate the same thing n got sick cos too heaty.

at the 5th day of my confinment FIL move to my SIL house cos of no place to sleep. lucky thing is that they never move back even since, i am so glad. lucky thing is they never insist on their way of handling my boy cos i got my own method n i trusted the CL more than my MIL even she got 3 kids.

now they hv move out n hardly visit us, i try to go visit them when i am free with hubby around. had a few fights with my FIl, funny thing is i never had fightwith MIL le. think cos my FIL is too kpo person n i hated the way he treated my MIL.

anyway i am scare of the next baby cos i wil never let them take care of my kids at all. i wonder wat happen if i got to stay in hospial for 3 days. sigh.......... this hinder me from getting pregnant again.

PIL stay veyr close to me. i hope when my house en bloc, i can move to a further place from them.

My MIL thinks she knows alot of things but she always ask stupid/silly questions. Once she came to our house n saw a vase of flowers. she asked if the flowers are real. my hb says its artificial, guess wat's her next question? she asked will the 'artificial' flowers bloom? i was trying so hard to control myself not to laugh.

When we told her tat i'm expecting a boy, she comment tat my stomach doesn't look 'sharp', am i sure its a boy? Told her is confirm by my gynae as he did a scan for me but she still give us tat 'are-you-sure' look. She also comment tat my stomach is not as 'sharp' as hers when she carries my hb n my BIL. she says hers is so 'sharp' and 'high' until she can put a cup on top of her stomach n the cup wont fall!

she knows my EDD is in sept then in aug she can ask me how many months pregnant am i?? a mother of 2 can ask such question meh??

my MIL also not happy abt which hospital i deliver my bb. she actually called n scolded my hb for letting me deliver at gleneagles, saying why let me deliver in such an expensive hospital when she can only deliver at KK!

I became a SAHMTB when I was 3 mths pregnant, didnt dare to tell my ILs, as my MIL expects me to work and do ALL the housework etc.. and somemore I used to work longer hours than my hubby.. when she came to my house (I was pregnant then) she really inspected the place and make comments like, that just by 1 look, she will be able to spot which part of the house is dirty.. (somemore, my hubby and I spent the entire sat cleaning our place b4 she came over)

She then realised that I decided to become a SAHM when my baby was 3 mths old.. it was then she kept making this remark to my baby in front of me: Dont you always stick to your mother, you must stick to your daddy too, he has a hard time working outside and bringing money back.. and she will also make prank calls to my place, time it such that my hubby is out at work and she will call me and put down the phone when she hears my voice.. just to check if I am at home or not.. she doesnt know that I have caller ID at home

i think most mils think dil steal their sons so that mils tend to dislike dils, n start give sarcastic remarks to dils, hoping dils will know it n thus feel inferior.

when last time i resigned my job b4 gettg a new job. my mil also ask me y nvr find a new job. as if i will sure hv a job whenever i ask for. going for interview n gettg a job offer takes time man!

then she will also call me everyday to ask stupid qtns, but her intention is clear that she wanna chk if i am home everyday! i mean, wat if i go out? dil cannot go out w/o hb meh? wat centuries is now? my mil is old fashioned.

sigh. my MIL did it again! she started to introduce whole egg to my son who is only 9 mths plus without asking our permission. she will still yaya papaya tell us, "FYI. I had already intro whole egg to him for 3 weeks n there is no side effect" I was mad with her n told my HB "if she wana b a Doc, I will ask my uncle (who is a GP) to come n give his opinion!" comeon, she is only an assistant nurse when she was younger, thereaft trf to b admin staff. Last weekend, she left me all alone with my son (as my HB was hospitalised) saying she nid a break. Tis week she can tell my HB she cannot handle my son with the help of my FIL n a maid n tat she nids more help. Tis is so unfair. Seems like she is only tinking of herself. Now i m seriously tinking of quitting my job n be a SAHM.

not easy stayin wif MIL - mine kip tellin me to eat more and eat more when i've oreddi put on so much wt! doc even told me to control wt! haiz ..
kao_angry.gif

The root of my anger is always when I see MIL treat her daughter so different from DIL especially since both of us have babies less than a year apart!

She said too tired to cook for me and I ate hawker/ catered food throughout pregnancy and during breastfeeding, then suddenly MIL found burst of energy when daughter got pregnant. So I also benefitted from homecooked Jiak Boh diet.

Then she's NEVER cooked a single meal for MY son although we stay under same roof (I'm SAHM mum so I cook separate for myself and my now 15 month old boy) while she slaves over the stove for her granddaughter (daughter's gal) who spends the day time in her care. Can eat the same food what, just cook extra portion.

I sometimes think it's becoz she sees me SAHM, and her daughter working, so must make sure I 'work just as hard'.

But phew. Now that I've let it off my chest, I don't need to repeat this to DH and spark off another argument over MIL.

Hi, wow this is a good thread to fa xie...hahaha...i am staying with FIL...my MIL had past away...and he had this woman staying with him...there are many stories before i got married...anyway her daughter is staying with use now...

Just before our wedding, this woman told me she will take care of cleaning of the house, i just need to clean my room...ok...after wedding, of course i cannot be so lazy, so i will help to clean also. Just a few month after our wedding i was preg and i have spotting so i stop helping out, cos i need more rest...and this start our war...she see me not doing my job, she also stop doing...so the house was so dirty until i 'boey ta han' have to clean abit...later i was so tired, i also give up, and she can tahan cos she can stay in the room for the whole day...until i delivered, cos bb cant stay in dirty enviroment so i LL have to clean the whole house...during my 2nd preg i am still doing the cleaning cos my 1st gal start putting her mouth on everything she get...haiz...that woman still staying in her room and keep quarrel with my FIL, cos she say the house so dirty i also don't do anything...until my hb see me so poor thing & employ a helper for me...

And remember her daughter staying with us?...she is lazy like a pig...see me so 'chiam' also dont help me...everyday sleep until donno what time den wake (that period of time she is out of job)...my hb initially don't want me to do the cleaning alone, he said if that woman find it dirty ask her daughter to clean...but bad for my bb leh...haiz...

hi yukee,
poor thing.i can understand the frustration.but lucky i'm not staying w IL, so i can do housework as & when i wan. but when we juz moved in,my MIL commented that the floor is dirty. she has nev helped out in any way still dare to pass this type of remarks, where my own mother still come to help to clean up. now that there's no maid at their house, their house also very dirty. not v good when we visit, cos my girl was crawling ard. but i can't tell her to sweep floor rt? heehee

ha ha. I agree this is good thread. After venting here I slept very well and could go through a few days of not mentoning MIL to my husband.

Did I mention before my SIL's daughter comes over every morning, my MIL is dragging pail and mop around the house (only around the area where her granddaughter plays, not upstairs where my son plays) so that her 4 year old daughter will not accidently swallow dirt/germs.

The maid has already cleaned the house, just that she wants to be extra clean around the 'special area'.

hungrymama,
last weekend when we went back IL's place,nobody was at home & my hubby tah boleh tahan the floor so dirty.so he took a mop & juz cleaned it with water only.when MIL came back,he proudly told her he mopped floor 4 her (my hubby is a lazy bum,seldom do housework type).u know wat my MIL say? where got dirty? walao,my hubby is so angry,so i add salt & vinegar & say,shld hav left the pail of black water 4 her to c. u know y? cos her precious grandson was not back on tat weekend mah, so nev bother to clean floor. sigh.

hi Disneymickey, envy you not staying with IL. Actually i am not against staying with IL, but i hope can have our own house/home for few years and stay together with IL when the kids are abit bigger, but my HB is the only son, so 'bo bian' lor...somemore staying with lazy pig...my sis say is my karma, cos last time at home also very lazy...

yukee,
aiya,nev stay together alrdy i headache.last weekend,saw my mil made tonic soup 4 my sil (who's pregnant).v angry,cos when i was pregnant, mil has nev made anything 4 me b4.call me xiao qi or wat,i dun care, but i juz felt so unfair!

u never know if mil boil soup for u during ur pregnancy is for ur good or for ur bb good. if she does boil soup for u even after u delivered, then this kind of mil is really gd.

janica,
btw,since i was pregnant till give birth & my girl alrdy 1 yr old,she has nev made any special food for me or my girl or haven't bought anything 4 us oso.not a single piece of cloth for my ger ok.whereas,she prepare everything 4 my SIL when she has 1st bb. still rem, 1mth b4 i was due, she ask if i hav bought stuff (eg. dates to cook water),i say my mom alrdy bought,she say,"har,so early? i say i wan to buy mah.." pls la, 1 mth b4 i give birth v early meh? if u really wan to buy, juz go ahead & buy earlier mah.y must wait till last min??

disneymickey, you not staying together and she don't cook tonic for you can forgive, mine stay together and everydy see each other dont even bother me...all tonic i cook and buy myself...even confinement things i buy myself too...but after delivered she start to be busy loh...then after that telling everybody she did this she did that...she also instruct my confinement do this do that and tell my confinement lady since she is cooking for me might as well cook for the whole family...not only that, because the house is dirty and she dont want to clean, the confinement lady 'bo bian' clean up the whole house for me...made my confinement lady very angry...then poor me have to give the confinement a big 'ang bao' when she goes back.

yukee,
aiyo, nev do things 4 u still dare to claim credit?? if it's me, i sure shoot back.sorry har, i v direct 1. maybe tat's y offended MIL oso i dunno, my sis say maybe tat's y i dun hav soup to drink when i was pregnant haha.

aiya,tmrw is sat, gg back my IL's place again. sure got more stories to tell on mon :p

hi everybody

my MIL is worse! last time before i was married to my husband, she always show me "face" when i went to her house. once, my hubby who was still my bf then,went to take a shower, she came to me and tell me tat "u two quickly get married and dun stay in my house". at tat time my hubby and i were only dating for a few mths only! from then on i told my hubby i dun wanna go to his house anymore. since then i only go to MIL's house once or twice a year.

then after we got married, she'll call my hubby and said tat she wants to come to our house. Dunno for wat??! she only come here and then sit in front of the TV. she doesn't to talk to us. anyway i also dun like talking to her but she doesn't even talk to my hubby. she will juz nag n nag n scold my hubby. anyway my hubby and MIL can't really get along. when he was staying with her, they were quarreling with each other. actually my hubby sometimes also can't stand my MIL but he's "chin chai" n says tat she's old already so let her come. then she come n find things to quarrel with him.

sometimes when she wanted to come and happened tat we wanna go out, she'll ask "why cannot come? ur wife dun like me come izzit?" even though i dun like her to come but i'll still let her come anyway. she'll also talk behind my back to my hubby. how i know? coz sometimes i hear my hubby feeling frustrated talking on the phone to her, then i'll ask him. he doesn't wanna tell but i'll force him. tat's how i know.

we had conflict a few times before. eg, for CNY's reunion dinner, most parents will ask all their children to go home for dinner but not my MIL. the 1st CNY after we got married, she says wanna come my house for reunion dinner. initially i didn't want it as i had already cleaned my house thoroughly and coz the next day we were flying off early for a holiday in Bangkok, i wanna go to bed early. then she insisted she want to come. so i told her have steamboat instead of cooking coz the kitchen will not be oily n i'll have an easier time to clean up and then sleep early. then wat stupid reason she gave? "steamboat got prawns. i have high cholesterol, cannot eat seafood!" please lah!! u can put so many types of food in the steamboat, not necessary must eat seafood. then i very naughty, purposely called her up and ask her why dun we eat steamboat at her house. u know wat is her answer? "u wanna dirty my house ah?" she finally reveal her ulterior motive for wanting to eat at our house!! actually i knew the reason all along, i juz want her to say it out. she's a cleanliness freak. she ties a cloth on her room's doorknob and put a rug covering her room's door gap between the door and the floor. her children are not allowed into her room! u know no one can sit on her sofa. not even my hubby or her daughter! and her daughter is the one who bought the sofa! so everytime we go to her house must sit on the cold, hard floor!

so sorry for being so long-winded. got more stories to tell. to be con't....

DisneyMickey, you sound like my frend, she always say if she is me...my aiya MIL will not have a good time...you all 'gan gan' hor, actually i also scared later make thing complicated and let my HB worried about the household thing.

Also, she always volunteer to feed my gals whenever there are visitor, mayb want to show she help out...if no one around she will hide in her room, and let me struggle like shit.

yukee,
i gan gan until become evil DIL haha
b4 married,i alrdy bo chap. in fact, only been to visit MIL only on CNY haha.
my MIl will oso wan to show off,but she always carry or play w my BIL's son. only when the boy is not ard, or she's not allowed to carry the boy then she'll pay attention to my gal. but my gal dun like her. my frend always say kids v smart,they know who's really sincere to them.

disneymickey

i was also like u. before marriage only visit her during CNY. now i'm also like that, will not visit unless neccessary.
i think your MIL is like mine. they are like those MIL in the olden days, "zhong nan qing nu".

my MIL last time also like that. after my son was born, her attitude changed. i was wondering what will happened if i gave birth to a girl.

Back