Any mummies used BABY PLUS during yr pregnancy?

Hi,

I used it..my girl was born heavier (97th percentile) and nursed well. She was also quite alert when born. Just let out a wah...and started looking around. Had no problem latching on. But I'm not sure if it's due to the product or not.

hello:
i used it. my girl... she doesnt cry much.. not when she was a baby, not now too. in fact, many have commented that she is very cheerful.

i feel that she is able to concentrate well and she is alert. i can't compare cuz she is my first born but i have loaned baby plus to friends who have more than 1 child, and they feel the difference. both commented that the baby who listened to plus are more alert and can concentrate well.

I used it too for my son. He's now 11 months old.

As with HM and Krazy, I also not too sure if the product if effective since this is my first child. But many people including those who I met on the streets commented that he is very bright-looking and very responsive for an 11 month old. He really looks more like a year plus.

He has starting signing with us and can point at everything we called out. I would think his the nouns he knows are pretty comprehensive (he understand easily more than 40 nouns?). He's very cheerful, smiley and alert. No problem latching on too.

But one thing that didn't come true for him as a 'baby-plus baby' his sleep is terrible at night!

Hope that helps.
happy.gif

Well is true then. I thought I am the only one suffering from Lack of sleep.

Since birth, my bb does not sleep much. Very Alert. Love to look around.

By 6mths, when we taught him things, he learn v quickly. He does not point to it but will turn his face to the direction and look at it.

Now he is coming to 11mths soon.

Guess hv to wait and see what other results from the bb plus.

Hi all,
I have started using baby plus since week 18 and is really excited to see the results as I am now week 32 already. Just wondering if all mommies here tried it for twice daily as being told or?

Were all your babies delivery after EDD or before? I am wondering if bb will be earlier after using this as bb is more 'ready' to see the world .

Hi gal,

I use it twice daily during my pregnancy.
happy.gif
very seldom missed.

My son is actually delivered 5 days after the EDD. He refused to come out and I was scheduled for induction. But before we start induction, my gynae said his heart-rate dropped a few times and seemed to be in distressed. So I had emergency c-sec. Discovered that my amniotic fluid was v low, he had swallowed meconium, and the cord was around his shoulders.

Think maybe he too comfortable inside and want to continue to listen to the baby plus. :p

Thank God he's healthy and fine now.
happy.gif

Same. I used it twice too. In the morning on the way to work in the MRT, also put on... Don't care what pp say. For the sake of bb i just do it.

My doc advised me not to go after the EDD. So I have planned deliveery. But tried to wait to the last day of EDD, he also don't want to come out.

In the end, I had induction and Emem C-sect, Cos the cord were around his body.

Came out, think he did not nod he is outside aridi, so he did not cry. Doc gave him oxygen.

During the 3mths after delivery, he always want me to carry him to sleep, even till now.

Wonder if other mother also had C-sect / Induction after using baby plus?

Interesting topic. I had forgotten about this until I read this.

I used it once a day on and off for my DD as well. (lazy mom la!) and yes, she's very much advanced for her age (verbal and motor skills) and looks more matured that her actual age. We keep getting asked if she's a 2 year old when she was 7 to 8 months and now people think she's 2.5 when she's about 15 months.

She was past her due date as well 10 days and was induced. Similarly, doesn't sleep thru the night and I've asked many docs and Pds and they all say that she's just got an active brain...and is likely to "ease into sleep" when she turns 3. That's a long way more for me!!!

Would love to hear more feedback from other moms too.

Tat's very interesting.. there seems to be a pattern?!!
happy.gif
Yes, same here... would love to hear more feedback from other mommies
happy.gif

Thanks for all the feedback. I am using once daily too(lazy mom) and also very interested to see the results... Would love more feedback from more and more moms
happy.gif
Will update my experience here once bb is born
happy.gif

the other thing i notice is my girl seems to be quite good in language. i mean, she can pick up new words very easily.

she started speaking in sentences several months ago.

Krazy,
I agree with the language observation but always thought it just may be 'cos she's a girl. DD is about 15 plus months and can say some 3 syllabi words like bicycle and can express herself not too badly.

Maybe I ought to be more "diligent" for future preggies eh :p

les_petite:
My girl is 23 months. she started calling "daddy" when she was 9 months old. she is also effectively tri-lingual hahah.. we speak to her in eng, my in laws speak to her in chinese and hakka and she can understand and speak all 3 languages.

i noticed that she could recite her nos from 1 to 10 in both eng and chinese late oct last yr. she is slowly picking up words from us too.

you using Plus now? when is your edd?

furry:
i thought so too; that girls are faster and better in languages. not sure if i am over generalising.

Hi ladies,
I was a little concern with the loud sound of the babyplus. Can I ask if hearing is all ok for your kids so far?

Shawn definitely has no problem with hearing... seeing how easy it is to wake him up with the slightest sound :p

mummies:
can i check with you... sound 7... is it alright? is there a disturbance .. noise?

<font color="0000ff">Krazy</font>, Nop. My bb now is 11mths aridi. Not thatI nod of... there isn't any disturbance.

<font color="0000ff">Gal</font>, My husband always complain that the sound is very loud. he always wanted me to put a blanket over my tummy before I use the bb plus. Mayb You can do that too if you really find it v loud.

<font color="0000ff">Mesh</font>, Each set cost abt $300.00+. You can get it at COSWAY or the Glenn Doman Shop.

wah, can't afford leh.... i'm not going to get myself pregnant anymore after this.... hahaha..... too much investment for a few months.

anyone selling 2nd hand? best is rent to me for a few months.... anyone anyone???? :)

Krazy,
Baby Plus lesson 7 is alright for me. No disturbance.

les,furry,Su,
Glad that no issues with child's hearing. I can contiune using it with a piece of mind.
BTW, did you all complete the full 16 lessons?

les_petite, gal:
thanks!

i completed the 16 lessons cuz i started on the dot. in fact, i just let lesson 16 run even though i havent delivered after i finished the designated days .

When i bought Plus, it cost only slightly over $200 and now its more than $300. faint..

all of you still using the plus huh? i saw someone selling on yahoo auction, bid price is $180, so tempted.... anybody already delivered and not using right now? why not sell/rent to me... hehhahahah.... i'm starting to sound so persistent.....

Hi mesh,

You can always buy the bb plus and sell after delivery. I sold off mine after my pregnancy cos we thought it wasn't useful (since bb sleep so badly) but now, having second thoughts and might buy and use it again for second one :p

The resale value of bbplus is high.. the $180 can buy. U wun lugi much when u sell off again subsequently. Just got to take care of it so it won't depreciate in value.
happy.gif

..In fact, I usually buy good second hand stuff for Shawn now.. cos Singapore stuff are so ex! (we were in the US before and things are much cheaper)... anyway, they can't discern whether something is new or not at this stage as long as they have fun with it... later when they are more discerning, can get new ones :p

Wow, didn;t realise this thread is still live.

I had mine shipped from the US and it was cheaper than buying in Singapore...can't remember the actual cost though. Can surf internet for deals if you are interested.

I had it everyday for 2X daily, once in the morning and once at night. A bit shy to wear it on the MRT so I set alarm to wake up earlier in the morning to switch it on and went back to sleep : ) Delivered 3 weeks early so baby missed out on the last lesson!

HM,
Yes. It's quite shy to wear it on MRT. Quite loud..Delivered 3 weeks early?

Mind me asking, did u walk a lot? backaches/pains are haunting me and I am hoping bb can come out earlier and not overdue. Also, do not want to endure until week 40.. Any good tricks from you?

Hi gal,

No, did not walk a lot. But my kid was growing very big very fast, so the gynae said that she wanted to induce after 38 weeks..but my kid came out naturally a couple of days before that.

I also had backaches and had to hold up belly while walking. Boh bian, just got to endure.

btw, some people believe that rubbing feet would make the baby come out earlier...but it could be just old wives' tales lah. I also rubbed but it was more to relieve my swollen feet.

Hi HM,
This is interesting.. rubbing feet would make bb come out earlier. I will try..
happy.gif
Thanks.

gal:
i am not sure .. but i walked a lot. up 8 flights of stairs 2/3 times a week with my hubby.

but my delivery was fast .... very very painful but fast. 3 hours, my girl was out.

hm:
yeah its true.. that its cheaper to get from the states. i also used it twice daily. but i think i read that it doesnt matter whether used once or twice daily. but must use once daily to be effective.

Don't think so rubbing of feets, can cos bb to come out faster. Almost everyday I ask my HB to massgae my legs and toes. Still no effect.

I have heard that rubbing feet can induced.. but don't do that lah! for what...? During my pregnancy, I asked my hubby to rub my feet because it was aching so much... but we don't want anything wrong to happen... so didn't. Lrt nature takes it's own course...

hi i think walking will help in faster labour. most peole i know have a short labour walked alot in the 2nd tand third trimester, but pls listen to your body. if its tired then take a rest.

thanks so much for the tip to get the babyplus direct from US, i found a reseller in US which offers free shippinf within US, so i'm going to ask my uncle in US to receive it for me then ship it over to me, it should be cheaper than getting the reseller to ship right? i saw in ebay, that there are even people selling at USD41 to USD90 not sure if its reliable though. so i'm thinking of getting from the authorised reseller in US which charges USD 149. after conversion $200 plus only :p

mesh:
think you should get it direct fr authorised seller. maybe can check with local supplier.. for warranty issues. like cosway.
i have delivered.. my girl is 2 weeks shy of 2 yrs old. i have loaned my device to 3 people already... when it came back, device ... sigh... battery cover spoil... lesson 7 something wrong... got "noise" ... asked my sister to bring it back to cosway in msia (thats where she bought it for me) see if they can change.. or do something.. (but think cannot lah.. since i bought it in 2004)

18 weeks... so you started PLUS already?

Krazy, oh dear... hearing your feedback on how your set turned out after lending out,... i guess its more advisable to get new one from authorised reseller too now.

i just learned about this PLUS last week, since then very tempted but held back cos of the $$$.... but really keen after reading the reviews above and on the internet. i'm having triplets so really hope they'd come out easier to take care of. i'm scared of 3 infants crying at the same time....

I delivered and my kid is 8 months now.

Krazy: Yah, was concerned that might have the same thing happen to my kit so I intend to keep the plus for my next kid so not renting or lending it to anyone.

yes, i guess if u intending to have another baby, u'd naturally want to keep your stuff till then. for me, i'm going to close factory after this first pregnancy. so everything going to use once only,....

mummies:
remember to turn it on every now and then if you are not pregnant cuz... you know such electronic stuff... they go bonkers after a while of not being used.

i thought it was a good idea.. just lend to people at least the device wont spoil... but wear and tear lor i guess... but there are people who dun take care.. the last one i loaned to, she was really nice, she noticed the cover was spoilt and she actually contacted the authorised people in the states and they sent her the cover, to replace the one she didnt spoil.

hi,
I was one of those early users of babyplus in singapore. I used it around 5 years ago. My son is now 4+ and I did not use it for my daughter (was spoilt).

The comparative results are. My son was born with eyes open and was very alert. He could opint his face features by 6 months. Strong eq and much better concentration span compared to his peers. But I think it is more due to his tv restriction. Good speaker for his age, it is more due to his school and family background. I don't think this is due to bb plus, as he only really start speaking after 2. Teachers have said he is smart, more mature than kids his age but lazy. Academically, he is not more advance than his peers.

I did not use babyplus on my daughter. She was a sleepy baby in the begining. However, she speak much faster than my son. By 15 months, relatively good vocab, and 18 months started to speak 3 words sentences. So good language skill, I feel is more due to to gender thing. Cognitive skills, logical thinking, motor skills better than my son at the same age. However, concentration skills and eq skills not as good as my son at the same age.

I feel though babyplus may give the initial slight advantage, it can be made up with stimulation after birth. How the kid learn etc, is also dependent on the kid's character.

I also feel that babyplus had not much bearing on sleep ability. Becos. sleeping habits will develop after birth.

thanks hopeac, for your feedback. i tried to find negative reviews on the internet, but somehow canot find at all.... i wonder why, all the reviews i read are so positive aboput the device.

its true girls talk and walk earlier than boys... guess you are right, its more the initia advantage. the right stimulation and upbringing matters too.

mummies, any more not so postiive reviews about the product?

Hi Mesh,

Just to share my point of view...

BB plus is just the starting of prenatal teaching. After bb is born, we still must con't to stimulate our bb.

Bb plus only helps in a part that bb are more alert and can absorb things faster.

there is no "wonder drug" none in which will help produce a "genius" baby.

its true that we must continue to provide child with a condusive environment for learning after birth.

Thanks hopeac for your advise/information.

Mesh,
Like you, I can only find positive feedback for babyplus and can't find any negative ones. Just wondering if there's really no negatvies or it's being all taken out from the internet.

i wrote to the authorised reseller in US

He is offering me the above:

2 - 5 units --> $139
6 - 20 units --> $125
21 - 50 units --> $110
51 - 100 units -- > $95

anyone interested in ordering with me? I'd place order by monday nite so that I can receive by next week. if u intereted, do let me know by weekend.

Back