Any mummies earn extra by investing in Shares at home?

jjay

Hi all,

I recently started trading in Shares during my confinement and realise that this can be a source of small income to buy baby essiential. However as I am new to this area, would like to check if there is any other mummies who are traders or have experience in this area to share some investing tips.

Really appreciate for sharing
happy.gif

Hmm, I don't invest in shares but my hubby do. Every morning he will wake up and surf the net. These few days the China shares are climbing.

Plenty of tips in the forums for u to digest. It's better to invest in the blue chips in this volatile market. U need to have a CDP acc and a online trading acc. Very easy to trade.

I am trading now, and managed to 'earn' $2000 over last 2 weeks. On Friday, the China shares went up alot, but I sold too early and only make $500. If I had hold and sell in the afternoon, I would have make an extra $1500.

However my 'tips' depend on limited sources.

Jane, do you know which website provide good tips? Is there any sites that go into detail of the daily market and individual share analysis? I would like to buy blue chips, but they are toooo expensive. Only have cash to buy penny shares:p

jay, pp r like tt, aiyah... sell too early liao, else can make more $$. if price drops, then, aiyah... y never sell earlier, now i lose $$. dun be too greedy, be careful not to burn your fingers if u invest in those kuching kurak shares. blue chips one... no matter how bad e economy is, they will rise 1 day but not for those kuching kurak shares. aso, oni invest ur spare cash so tt if economy goes down, u can keep e shares until e economy picks up again.

I did tell hubby before that if I ever quit and be a SAHM, I will do shares trading to supplement our income! Now, I'm a FTWM and it's kinda hard to monitor the shares all the time. Even so, profits thus far hv been gd, mainly because the stock market is doing well, so my profits for this year (past 9 mths) is already 3x my profits for the whole last year! Not to mention there's still some counters which I hvt sell to realise the gains.

So if you ask me, yes, it can be a source of income provided you hv the $$ to invest. It's also impt to do your homework. I do surf the market forum at channelnewsasia, it's free and forumers are very active, but of course, take in the info selectively. Not everything said there is true. You can also speak to your remisiers. SGX website also contains past info of the company like stock charts, dividends, announcements etc, so that's also a gd source of info to gain some background insights. HTHs.
happy.gif

Do your research b4 buying. Don't be consume by greed. Always set a target price to sell. Once reach sell.

Set a cut lost price too.

Do be aware of the reality of the game.

If you buy and sell often, u will incur alot of transaction cost.

When market is good, its a no brainer. Everyone makes money. Your profit will be gross profit - transaction cost.

When you lose money, it is gross loss + transaction cost.

Go figure.

The other side of the trading desk are professional traders and instituitions.

Know who you are up against.

Not say cannot trade, you have to understand the game before you play it.

Hi,

All the info you need:
http://www.sgx.com/

1. firstly you'll need to open a CDP account (to store your shares)
2. then u'll need to open a trading account (with the brokerage houses) - Philips, GK Goh, UOB Kay Hian etc etc

Hi,

Am back after 2 months..........Very bad 2 months for me. Wipe out all my gains cos of the US sub-prime. Now US market going crazy, one day up, two day down. Just last 2 weeks already lost $3K, not to mention all my paper loss.

Now only holding on to my position, and hoping that things will get better by year end.

Trade with caution
happy.gif

Hi,

Forex trading is more advance than stock trading.

You have to identify the undervalued currency pairs US-JPY etc and form your own expectation about future exchange rate movement. To do that you need to understand the respective drivers that move the rates (hint: interest rates, regimes, economic growth etc)

Think you will have to open a margin account to trade.

you can check out http://www.SaxoMarkets.sg

Hi....I am a single mother who needs extra money for my baby's needs. I chance upon this investment method.. NOT MLM, No need cash upfront. NO SCAM!!! I earned about $300 (not much) every month so far..If you are interested to make some little money for your baby, PM me.

I lost half of my personal savings during the sub prime crisis & "wrong" information given by broker.

Lesson learnt:
- Do not speculate, invest.
- Do not trust your broker 100%, sometimes they use their customers to "push" prices.
- Do not trust "inside" information, anything can go wrong during bad times.

Sound really bad, Mrs Wang!! i also lost abit of money during the big drop recently after listening the my finance adviser who manages my unit trust investment.

I promise myself that I MUST learn how to manage my own finance. I am not going to depend on another one else to manage my finance.

Recently have been attending courses to further improve my skill.

Currently, my courses seems to take effect...hehe..Have been paper trading...earning like US$100-400 daily so far..

Piggy,
Just wondering what course you take to further improve your skill?
Can share? I am keen to know more too.

Wow... can earn so much and yet when the stock market goes haywire, can lose so much as well... Invest with caution!

i think better invest if u hv enough time to study d market. n dun invest in much $, coz u must set aside some funds for d bb items n essentuials.

You can buy Finance books, eg Portfolio Analysis to study. Because if you go for courses by Stockbroking firm, they will paint a nice picture for you.

If you do not understand how a company works, whats the industry outlook, speculators movement, its difficult to TRADE in Shares. As mentioned above, individual trading will have transaction costs.

If you want to park your money and invest, look around now. Study the company news and price now. You can place your money in a few weeks/months time.

Excel is a very helpful tool to use to chart price movements.

Hi,

Portfolio analysis is by no means an easy task. Fund houses engage many well qualified analysts who study the company and economists to study the macro environment.

Trading is by no means easy either. Technical charts are just random price movements - just like trying to predict a roulette outcome by studying the previous patterns. Moreover, the trading cost for individuals are just way too high to make sense of trading for profit.

If you want to invest, I recommend you read these books FIRST:
- unit trust for dummies
- a random walk down wall street

I would not recommend "a random walk down wall street". Burton Malkiel preaches a buy and hold long term strategy. This means anyone who bought shares 4 years ago would have watched all their profits disappear and incur a loss now.

Technical analysis is not perfect, no doubt about it. It is to assist you in buying and selling at the right time.

Hi mummies,

I am keen to know mre abt trading too! Would be good if there is a meetup with all other interested mummies and also experienced trading mums to impart their knowledge
happy.gif

Can PM me if there is such gathering? I dont mind organising and opening up my place.

HI Luvv,
very straight forward,
no monthly fees, buy gold at 2% off discount,
sell them off after 30 days & receive original gold price payment.

See this website;
http://www.genneva.com.sg/

e.g. 2010-02-19's price is $64,
10g cost $640,
buy 10g of gold coin at $64x10x0.98(2% off) = $627.20,
30 days later, I have 7 days to sell it back at $640,
my earning is $640-$627.20=$12.80, irregardless of gold price.
If I buy 1000g gold bullion (aka 1KG gold bar) at $62720,
then my earning will be $1280

Email me if you are keen, intro my agent to you.
happy.gif

He helps me do the purchasing, queueing & delivery to me.

PS: I don't earn intro fees hor... :p

Share with you the 300g I got yesterday.
happy.gif

My earning is a confirmed SG$384 after 30 days,
if I put my money in the bank,
I'll earn this in interest from the bank after 2+ years.

3683454.jpg

yawn (bboy),
no agent fee, the company will pay him,
you PM me your contact number I get my consultant to call you or what?
happy.gif

Hi All,
No offense to Leng Leng and I'm not related to Genneva in anyway.

Do your study and be careful before you do any investment. Especially on product that claims "low risk" and
"attractive returns". If the company can offer 2% return per month, isn't that 24% return per annum? How is the company going to substain?

Hi,

You buy $100 worth of gold at $98. 1 month later, sell it back to company for a profit of $2.

Where is the risk ?

Consider this potential scenario. The gold you get might be worth much less. You keep buying more and more gold and until one day, suddenly the company went missing, and you are left with the gold.

Possible?

At 24% per annum, you are performing better than the World No. 1 investor Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway, who only manage 76% in the last 10 years. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkshire_Hathaway)

see this link also on the gold scheme
http://www.lioninvestor.com/genneva-gold/

Hi celline & michael,
the company simply take our money & purchase more gold,
the trend of gold price had been rising for the past 5 years;
http://www.usagold.com/gold-price.html

I've been studying this company for a year b4 I decide to take some risk few months ago.
No other places trading offers this simple method,
no monthly fees, no agent fees, no manager fees,
buy gold at 2% off discount, sell them off after 30 days & receive original gold price payment.
Morever I have an agent running the purchase for me,
I don't have the pay him, the company do that.
I don't have to queue for the gold for 3 hours, my agent does that.
He's a singaporean, you can copy down his NRIC particulars if you are afraid he'll run away with your money or gold.
happy.gif

Refer to UOB gold price chart here;
https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/secure/online_rates/gold_and_silver_prices.jsp?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&width=560&height=400
<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Description</TD><TD>Unit</TD><TD>Bank Sells*</TD><TD>Bank Buys </TD></TR><TR><TD>Singapore Physical Gold Prices</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> • Kilobar</TD><TD>S$/kg</TD><TD>54592.47</TD><TD>50901.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
Selling price of a kilobar is still $50K right?
Isn't it safer than buying stocks,
which your paper may turn useless then the company goes burst overnight?

E.g. Purchase a kilobar at $64 x 1000 = $64000,
pay $64000 x 0.98 (2% off discount) = $62720
30 days later, return the gold, get back $64000,
Earning $64000-$62720 = $1280 (MONTHLY EARNING!!!)

This $1280, you'll get from the bank in 2+years if you parked the money in the bank.

What's the risk....
1. Lost the gold bar, then die lor...
2. Fire broke out &amp; gold bar melted
3. The company went busted

For situation 2 &amp; 3,
You can sell off the gold at pawn shop immediately, at around 20% off...
About $64000 x 0.8 = $51200,
but lose only 18%, cause you had 2% off discount upfront... remember?
(lose if sell-off immediately : $62720 -$51200 = $11520)

But I'll wait for gold price to increase before pawning it off,
if you see the trend of gold price, it'd been rising &amp; never dropping,
or keep for 20 years &amp; give to my daughter as dowry... hahaha...

There are some people who buys this way...

1st time, buy 1KG, risk = 18%, (pay $62720, earn $1280)
after 30days, sell off &amp; buy only 100g, (pay $6272, earn $128)
this 100g is risk-free already,
cause he'd already earned 20% last month on the 1kg (100g x 10)

Even if he pawns the 100g goldbar immediately,
he'll get $6400 x 0.8 = $5120 + $1280 (1st earning) + $128 (2nd earning)
=>$6528

He'll still earn $6528 - $6272 = $256 (4% of $6400)

So safe or not?
Get 2% off when you pay &amp; not after contact ends,
2 contracts &amp; you get 4% payout already.

michael,
no way we can earn more than World No. 1 investor Warren Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway.

Why?
We don't have as much money to invest as he does.
happy.gif

Back