Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

timminbuzz, at least, you are thinking of sending ethan to childcare... i am not as will be getting a maid to help my mum.

Wendy
mireille is not attending class too... we are stil thinking what's next for her tho i am on the lookout for daily playgroup or even half-day cc nearby.

gabby's mom
JG is good if u can afford. i like Lorna Whiston cc too but super inaccessible! how's ur studies coming along?

Gabby's mom,I am surprised that LNT is more expensive than JG...if i can drive and have a car i am quite keen to bring Mir to JG. not so keen abt LNT.

oh my studies ar still struggling whahahahaha

mayb i got to correct myself the fees for JG will depends and I have the term fees. keen let me know loh. I saw cheapest $300+
for JG.

it s edudrama ... eduplay very ex for a term of 10 weeks. eduplay-playnest is $740, eduplay-Bilingual PlayClub is $480. These 2 are the cheapest under eduplay

mayb depends which age group you looking at as the kids i know a abt the same age as my gal so they oredi took up for almost 1 term liaoz

i signed alex up for the MLG class as I find his gross motor skills are a bit lacking which may be bcoz he's cautious by nature. then also registered him for LV @ grassroot club but thinking of enrolling him in April only.

my friend is jio-ing me for the bilingual class at JG at Jan '10. I think it's a weekend class, so I'm considering coz no $ n can only send to 1 class at a time. anyone interested?

apple, I read that a couple of moms also send their child to LNT. How do you find it?

gabby's mom, u know of any good playgroup or 1/2 day cc near us?

Wendy,
Hope you get to see the gender next mth.

Don't worry so much ya? Nt gd for yourself and your baby. Try to cheer up ok?

Wendy, Clover, Tim,
Erica oso nt in any enrichment class also. Only been to trials. Sometimes I do feel tt I am shortchanging her but on e other hand, I also wonder if the babies do really learn as much in class cos some of the trials I've been to, I realized those are also activities I'd do with Erica and to me it seems like wasting of money.

Clover,
One of my friend's kid is in LNT, she's withdrawing her boy soon because LNT doesn't give make-up lessons if the child is sick.

Anyway, one of my thread friend told me her gal been to JG and GUG and the problem with JG is too much free play and she finds tt since it is free play, she might as well stay at home with her child which she invest her money in learning materials rather than sending her to class.

Actually I had been sourcing n collecting feedbacks for enrichment classes and it seems like everywhere also have ppl having negative comments towards the classes. So I guess it's just the mummy's perspective and also how the child engages in e class that we determine if the class is gd for our child or nt. So far I cannot find one tt Erica is totally engaging well into the class plus the daddy don't like the idea of stressing her to learn since she is nt keen. So Erica is nt in any class. Just sharing my 2 cents.

Re: Enrichment class
I brought Jonas to 2 trial classes.. both which he insisted that I have to stand n carry him halfway through the class.. either that, or he'd be crawling ard the classroom... not attentive at all...

Re: CC
My nephews are attending Learning Kids in Techpoint AMK.. Abit inaccessible.. but they are learning fast!

nitestar, indeed the learning kids place is inaccessible coz must drive there.

kelly, i think our kids can learn anything, but there must always be a routine and consistency.

alex's MLG class
he's not v good with his foot skills, coz maybe he just walked 3 mths ago. however he has good arm power n can grab the monkey bar n hold on for quite a while. i think coz he dun wan to fall down. haha.

where shall we meet for lunch on 17 oct? =) i tot of the naked fish restaurant at yck grassroot club where a few of us first met. =) anyone knows whether the kids can play at the children playroom?

meet up
1. wendy
2. gabby's mom
3. clover
4. juju78?

clover .... i agree with you regard the routine & consistency cos kids are like sponge can absorb things fast. as for CC other than LV not very sure abt the rest near us leh paisey. I prefered kinderland at tpy though if there is a need for me to send my gal to cc lah.

if my gal s not with shichida, most prob will sign her up with JG too.

regard no makeup class ... i think most of the enrichment is like that rite?? even gov school also no make up mah :p Unless out of the teacher free will to organise one make up class.
that s my tots lah

LNT: I have been with them since the beginning of the year cos I sign up for one full year to get abt $400 off the total price. Hmmm frankly its getting boring for me cos its mainly repeating the same concepts using different materials each time but they do have a lot of materials which they made themselves and I think children this age learn through repetition. My girl enjoys the class which i think is more impt than anything. I see new kids coming in not being able to pay attention for first few lessons but gradually the time they are able to sit and participate in the activities become longer and longer. Its up to indivdual on what you want out from enrichment class. We need not stress them cos children naturally loves to learn. Even they attend class, we still need to do work at home cos once a week is not really enuff..

MC at LNT: Normally no makeup lesson but i asked before if u really insist u can leh but it will be weekday cos weekend the classes are full. The MC u can offset next term fees (half of one lesson fee). Hmm its better than Shichida in this sense.

Being a FTWM, I do not have the luxury of staying at home making materials and carrying out the activities, hence thats also the reason for sending her to CC next yr

Clover: LV at grassroot club is quite ex with GST all that and need to pay extra for enrichment classes all that. Intially i consider going there cos location is convenient.

Let me reconfirm the gathering if I can attend on the 17th first cos the date sounds very familiar but yet I cannot think of wat I have on that day itself and the timing.

Clover,
I agree they can learn everything also plus we need to cultivate their interest also.

I have a problem, I cannot even sit Erica down at the table for 2 mins to do activity cos she just wanted to snatch whichever I am holding and refuse to watch me teach her. Any idea how I can solve this problem?

Just to find out from all the mummies here, anyone of your kids are affected by the Haze? Erica seem to develop cough and stuffy nose since the haze started, nt sure if it's conincidental or it's really the cause. I paired it with the haze cos it seems like most of my friend's kids seem to have the similar symptoms as well and they told me their doctors said likely to be caused by the haze, anyone know of remedy to protect our little ones from these kinda air pollution?

tinker
actually...their short attention span right now is normal. please...my E can't even sit/stand still for 2 mins..let alone pay attention to me! haha...

i use a lot of incidental teaching...cos i don't hv e energy to plan activities. haha... but seriously.. e only thing right now that can keep him still for 2min is the baby einstein video on numbers 1-5. he's so engaged by that video that now...he makes the sounds the horse makes even b4 the actual puppet doing it! haha... so i try to add on while he's watching it. and he has learnt how to say 'duck' with that video. and using his rubber ducky...i generalised it to bath time. haha...

clover
can't attend. working. sianz.

so after subsidy...it's abt $450 lah. yah... a lil ex. wat's their teacher to student ratio?

tinker
oh...i use a baby vapour rub suitable for babies 3months and above whenever E has stuffy nose or cough. it has worked well for him so far. some kids are just more sensitive to the haze than others. E's ok so far. u can try the vapour rub just to help her sleep better @ night. whenever E has a slight stuffy nose, runny nose or cough, i use the rub without meds. so far, he has been able to fight it off on his own. only when it gets more serious, then i'll medicate him.

just updated my blog about alex's milestone. took me sooo long! =)

timminbuzz, i didn't ask abt the ratio but they have 3 groups of 5 students n it looks cramp in the small room they have. anyway they are fully booked too.

oh, tinkerbelle, i use karvol for alex's stuffy nose. we like the smell too. u can get it from guardian.

Clover,
Gd to hear Alex is nt affected. I guess Erica's immune n her lungs are still nt strong enough so thats why she got sick. I haven brought her to the doc cos so far no fever.

Thanks for sharing the info. I am keen but I dunno if my hb will be willing to drive down there so early for e tok or nt. Are u going?

Tim,
Same thing, Erica only engaged in her "Your baby can read" series only. Other than that she'll refused to sit down, snatch my materials or books. I am starting to worry if it'll affect her in school next time or nt. I tried incidental learning also such as teaching her abt dogs cos her current interest is Dog and so happened tt our neighbours have a dog n she'll walk over to her door whenever she passed by.

U know something? I see some of my friend's kids can sit down n follow instructions, n they are younger than Erica, that explains why I am starting to get worried if Erica have ADHD.

Ask u huh, where do we apply the vapour rub? I have a tub also but I always used it on e chest cos they never give proper instructions where can we use them on.

Clover,
I'll drop by Guardian n get a bottle, do we need prescriptions for getting tt?

Good for u, I stopped anedoting Erica's milestones sometime back. Cos I find tt it just makes me worried when Erica isn't hitting the milestones when they said so, and it makes me worried. I just find tt for some stuff Erica is advance while some she is still lacking. I'm waiting for e developmental checkup to determine if everything is really normal.

hey Ashley
i'm giving the talks a miss...going for long-delayed crocheting lesson. thanks for sharing.

Tinkerbelle
abt the haze, mayb by not opening the window wide, staying in air-con room help. i find that air-conditioning helps my fren's kids, tho not too low temp. 23-24degree would be fine.

as for attention span, i think it takes time to build up. only lately would Mir bring me a book or toy to play wif her, then in a few mins' time she moves on to another thing. it takes trial and error.

tinkerbelle, dun need prescription for karvol. It's off the shelf. Yes i'm going to the talk. Alex doesn't like hit all of his milestones, but i'm ok n not worried at all.

For vapour rub, it's ok to put on chest but not right under the nose like some ah peks do. Lol

tinker
ya...like wat clover said...just apply vapour rub on the chest.
happy.gif

some kids are just more placid than others. heheh... and my E is definitely not one of them. :D E likes to read his chinese books too. i tink cos it has pages for him to flip within a page. so it keeps him engaged. and some books keep him sitting longer than others. just trial with different toys and see what erica likes.
happy.gif
don't worry abt the short attention span. for now...it's really normal to not be able to pay attention to 1 thing for a long time.
happy.gif

Jolene,
Thanks, I'll try to close off e windows for e time being and stay inside e aircon room. My air-con temperature is usually at 25-26 degrees cos Erica kicks off her blanket n sleepbag is too warm for her.

I'm trying to build Erica's attention span also. Recently I have been investing in educational stuff for Erica, just got her a table n chair set from toysRus promo and also some puzzles. I met this mummy from Bedok mummies and her child of 2 yr old is very advance because she spent alot of effort coaching her. I'm trying to learn from her to be a more patient mother.

Clover,
Thanks for letting me know tt Alex is also nt hitting all his milestones. At least I know Erica is nt the only one. Perhaps recently the kids I met recently are all so well advanced in their development and it's giving me pressure if Erica is really abnormal since she is not hitting milestones.

Dun luff at me, I almost wanted to put e vapour rub on Erica's nose already. :p

Have u all tried putting essential oil on a tub of water and bring your kid to the bathroom to breath in e steam? I read in Mother&Baby in one of the old issue tt it's also a method to clear e nose. But the problem with Erica is once she sees the tub of water, she wants to come down n play with water.

Recently she had been sneaking into the toilets to play with water in the toilet bowls. I really have to be very watchful over her nowadays.

Tim,
E is reading flip flap books also? Did he damage the flaps? Erica loves flap books but I ended up plastering the book over n over again. So I stopped borrowing from the library and buy them myself nowadays cos I don't want to damage the library books.

Ask u huh, from wat u know of, do u have any idea how long we should start them off initially for the attention span?

Clover,
I wanna check with u something. I remembered that time when I was at your place u actually told me Alex does Art at home rite?

Wat materials do u usually give him? Markers? Paint or crayons?

apple, sorry that i forgot to reply u.s. I also dunno much about JG.

Jo, np.

Tinkerbelle, i added eucalyptus oil into warm water, close the windows n door then n let alex sit in it. My hb remarked his nose had cleared.
As for arts, i dun let him do often lah. So far i gave him washable crayons, markers n pencils. He also tried water colour painting. Oh i also let him play with ketchup b4. Must bath him after the ketchup dries up. Washable jumbo or triangular crayons r suitable for our bb's age.

Clover: Its okie. Your boy is lucas?

Cough- I also rub vapour on my girl's chest and her foot and let her wear socks to bed. It helps.

apple, i read yr blog! yr girl is sweet n she looks a bit like jolene's mireille. both has xiao man tou cheeks. hehe. =) can i link to your blog in mine?

tinkerbelle, you can estimate abt 15-20% for the shipping cost. if u use vpost, they have a base charge so it's costlier. i prolly will use comgateway.

morning ladies, i have started work at my new place for 1 week, more or less settled down.

i have found out the sex yesterday. el is having a brother.
sad.gif

is the gathering on 17 oct still on?

gabby, i was hoping for a gal...
anyway, maybe like what el's godma says, God has plans in place that 1 of them will be for Him and the other for the family name.

jo, me still with jen as i am lazy to travel for gynae service...
happy.gif
i think i can accept almost anything as long as it is convenient.

were you with him in the end last time?

Back