Any good swimming instructor to recommend?

Hi wei lin,

how is the lesson with kevin so far?
from wat u mentioned, he seemed experience w kids.
i'm also looking for a coach for my boy.
Like u say, its v diff to find a group of at least 3.

Hi Zu,

How's yr handsome boy? =)
My girl has only attended 1 lesson. Can't comment much as she was crying big time. Guess she is afraid of water.

Hi,

Anyone interested in forming a group for swimming lessons in West Coast, Clementi area?

My son is 4 this year.

Hi wei lin,

he's okie.. just recovered from flu.
happy.gif
he's been asking to go for swimmimng class again! tink he missed his swimming la.. so hope to find somewhere near my place. how's yr gal? is she in sch yet? r u a sahm now?

by the way, i've called Kevin just now. He's charging me $120 for 2 in a grp. Its abt 45mins lesson. But parents have to go in w them! Thats the troublesome part.

Zu,

My girl is in pre-N nw. Having fever & flu these few days too.
Ya, I am a SAHM nw. Teaching part-time at home for A & E Maths & Science subjects.

It's very hard to gather students. Too bad, u stay too far from TPY. Otherwise, we can hv the lesson together. He quoted $80 for 4 in a group.
Another coach, only based in Kallang on weekends, quoted $50, max 6 in a grp.

Hi Mummies, my kids' coach quote $80 for 4 in a group too, but is 1 HOUR duration, and parents need not go into the pool at all. (By right, qualified coach doesn't need any mummies assistance in the pool at all, as they are trained to handle a group of kids up to 12).

You may want to consider my kids' coach, but his schedule is really tight as alot of my friends wanted him to coach their kids, but he just dun have much available slots except weekday mornings.

Two kids to 1 coach is $100 each for 4 sessions, mummies no need to enter pool at all.

Wei lin,

yup.. the flu bug is very strong. Even the younger sis also got it again! To think she just recovered from running nose a week ago!

TPY is very far for me.. I guess will most prob look for another one cos dun like the idea of gg into the pool. Besides, still got my DD to look after.

Phoebe,
can i have the contact for yr swimming coach? Sometimes, coach hv to ask parents to go in depending on the age i supposed.
happy.gif
But if only 2 kids still need to go in a bit leceh! TIA!!

Hi mummies,
if they r 5 yrs, they r ok.
3-4yrs they have charactor.
we can just throw e kids in e child care.
when the fall they will get up, when they cut themselves, they heal.
If they drink too much water they will be scare with e lessons.

Look everyone r busy with yr work n the kids .
so is the instructor, they have their own time as well.
Prices of stuff is increasing everywhere.but as safety is concern...quality is also important.
I think we must know wat u want right.

YOu mean getting in the water with yr kids is 'leche'?

U know yr kids well right.
same like putting in the child care u think the teacher got more than 1 pair of eyes to look after so many pre N.....

Lets not compare.......make yr own decision....

Wendy: Don't misunderstand Zu. She has 2 kids. How to go into water with her ds when she needs to look after her dd?

It's inevitable to make comparisons. When yr kids r ready for Pri 1, I am sure you will select a school of your choice right? Just like me, before I had selected my dd's kindy, we visited about 5-6 schools.

I agree with Rae, most parents will be working, if kids are learning during weekdays, and have depend on their Mum-in-laws or maids to bring their kids to swimming lessons, so does that mean that the old granny needs to go into the pool too? Hee..

My kids started learning swimming at 2 years plus with a group of 5, the coach did not request any parents to be in the pool as he knows how to handle them.

I have surveyed many schools, only those infant swimming courses, whereby students are just a few months old, then the parents need to be inside the pool. Kids from 2 years onwards, coaches have a way to handle and coach them and they dun THROW them into the pool! Kids sure to swallow some water somehow, (even adults) when they learn swimming, if everything is so smooth in the learning process, then the world is so great!

If the childcare couldn't handle a group of kids, they shouldn't operate in the 1st place as this is the basic requirement. If every kid must have a personal teacher looking after him/her, it will be very costly then. Hee..

If any parent is concern about the safety of the kid learning swimming and without parent inside the pool, then i suggest that u choose PRIVATE lesson, 1-1. In that way, coach attention is all to your DD, so no need to worry.
happy.gif

Hi wendy,

did i offend u? im not saying im busy nor am i saying tt i need u to 'babysit' my boy. I understand tt sometimes a coach need the parents to go in esp if the kids are young. But that normally happens in a grp of 6. My boy has been attending swimming lessons since he was 9mths old. I can say that he is VERY comfortable in the water.

This Kelvin that i called, asked me to go into the water even when there are only 2kids. So far, I've enquired w 4 other coaches. He's the ONLY one tt need the parents to be in the pool. If u ask me if its LECEH, yes it is! Who's gg to look after my DD if i go into the pool w my DS? Let her crawl alone at the edge of the pool?

Hope i wun offend anyone w this!
happy.gif

Hi Zu

Nonono i nt blaming u or anyone....not even angry with u ..... Maybe i words r unfriendly. My appologies.

Cause i ever into some parents w positive n negative remarks...... abt the coachasking the parents to be in e water.....
At frist i also find it funny. but along the way i knew that hes trying to make e kids comfortable before he starts e lessons.
U know la some kids charector la.
He may notknow yr kids well tat why he propose the option for parents to come in e pool...
If e kid is more independent. They will enjoy e lessons. Right......

Hope mummies wont get me wrong.....

Cheers

Wendy: U & coach Kelvin seemed to be on the 'same frequency'. hahaha... What u posted here, was what he mentioned to me during the class yesterday too. haha....

Phoebe: Yr kids started learning at 2+. That was pretty young too. Just building up water confidence at that time? For my dd, I need to be in the water with her. Suddenly, during lesson, she became so clingy. Otherwise, she is an active girl who doesn't stick to me. She jumps & hope during her music lesson, speech & drama etc. Only when she started on this swimming lesson, she seemed to 'tone down'. I really wonder if she has water phobia.

Wei Lin: since than we hv known for some time all along hes my kis coach n a mentor. somehow my kids cant wait for his lessons.
As a child care teacher i do encountor some kids similar with coach kelvin. whereby this particular kid will still with me whereever i go compare to others.
Thats why i see where he come from......
as long if the students r new in the class, kid with mood swing he will need the parents to come in to cool the kid down. he sure leave the kids there to cry non stop, as he got to attend to other kids. kids being kids, playfull always.
I observe his classes that he always emphersize safety....tats why for younger kids only small group thoes bigger groups kids he has no problems.
i hope i provide u with some info preparing yr dd for her swim class.
Btw hows yr dd, u said shes running a fever?
Hows she, hope shes well......

Hi Wendy,

She is better. No more fever, just slight cough.

Not bad leh, you are able to surf net while working as a child care teacher. My buddy who is working as a childcare teacher told me, once she reaches the centre every morning, she practically cant rest at all.

i send in my resignation letter 1 mth ago....so now free la.
did yr dd hv swim lessons yesterday....

Wendy: Oic. My dd was still crying, throwing temper. But it was definitely much better than the 1st lesson.
I am still waiting to get 1 or 2 more kids to join my dd. I feel 2 or 3 in a grp will be great. My hubby doesn't want 1 to 1 coz he felt that it's not neccessary at her age.

Wei Lin:
Tats good as long yr kid enjoy tat will be great.
take care n enjoy will be away for some time
Cheers

Hi,
can i know which coach is teaching in Kallang?

My ger is 4 and I wanted to sign her up for swimming lesson but I prefer weekend evening.

My son is 2, do u think it is a good time to sign him up for swimming lesson too?

Hi Wei Lin
Am interested to join your DD's class for my 4 year old son.. but venue(im in east) and timing just not rite..He's in the afternoon sch frm 12-4pm, at this age wouldnt want to stress him with anything in the morning before goin to school.Then on Sat, he has other class to attend..haizzz..What a waste..
Is the coach good? How much does he charge per month?

Phoebe
If you dont mind sharing your coach's number with me? Whc pool?

Hi

I'm looking for swimming coach for my 2 boys - 3 yrs and 4 yrs. Preferably in hougang or tampines swimming pool during weekends. Pls pm me if you have any contacts. Thks.

I'm looking for swimming coach for 4 yrs+ gal..preferably Geylang East pool.. anyone has any to recommend?
pls pm me oK? many thx!

hi,
I'm looking for a swim coach for my 5 year old boy around west coast/clementi area. anyone to recommend? keen to also form small group.

I would like to send my 3 yr old gal for swimming at bukit batok civil service club on sun at 11am. But we need to form a group. Anyone keen to join?

im oso looking for a swim coach who teaches toddler ard age ...preferably tampines swim complex...930am onwards...
any to recommend? thanks

Hi

I'm also looking for swimming coach for my boy - 7 yrs. Preferably in Bedok or Tampines swimming pool during weekends.

Pls pm/email me if you have any contacts.

Thanks in advance yar
happy.gif

I am looking for a swimming coach to teach my two kids 8 and 6yrs old who afraid of head going into the water. Preferably in Batok Batok or CCK swimming pool during Sat or sun late afternoon.

Pls pm/email me if you have any contacts.

Thank you

Hi I am looking for a lady instructor who can come to my condo pool (River Valley) to teach my 3 year old.. Please PM me. Thanks!!

hi mummies,

i'm looking for a coach for my 5 & 7yrs old gal. any good recommendations? yishun. thanks!

hi mummies,
i'm looking for a coach for my 4 year old at tampines swimming complex. any recommendations?

hi,

I am a swimming coach who happens to come across this site today.
I am teaching at various condos at the CCk area, I do not mind the location if the timing is right, if interested to know more
Please email me at: [email protected]

Hi,

I am a female swimming coach with experience handling small children(2-3 years old). or even adults coaching.

Interested mummies, message or call me at 81284424

Hi
I'm also looking for a patient swimming instructor to teach my 6yo son who's afraid of getting his face into the water. Preferably able to teach in Bukit Batok Civil Service Club. Otherwise, Choa Chu Kang Swimming Pool will do too. Anyone who has good recommendation, please PM me. Thank you!

I am looking for Female swimming instructor for 4 yo at Queenstown or Delta swimming complex, any recommendation?

Back