Any good swimming instructor to recommend?

annielc3

Hi, I'm looking for a good, patient and child-loving swimming instructor to teach my girl who is 7 yo in our condo pool (Upp Bukit Timah).

Anyone has a good recommendation? Kindly PM me.

Thanks!

Hi my dotter, who is 5 yo is now attending swimming lessons with this instructor at Chua Chu Kang swimming pool. He's good with children and has been coaching children for more than 20 years so he really understands them. He is a lifeguard at CCK swimming pool and is a certified instructor with Singapore Sports Council.

hi precious gem,

can i have his contact. I have a 5 and a 3 yr old ready for swimming lessons.

happy.gif

i am also looking for an lady instructor to come to my codo unit at Choa Chu Kang)to teach my 3 yrs old girl swiming. At present saw a few instructors but all men leh, hope to get a lady instead. plse PM me if you know someone who is experience with children. Thanks.

starry

Hi Kylie,

My son is learning from this instructor in Tampines swimming pool. He is very good with children and has been coaching for very long. His classes are usually full house. PM me if you want his contact but heard he only coach kids from 4-5yrs and above.

Cheers!

seems like difficult to find a lady instructor hor.

hi precious gem, can i have the instructor contact. u can PM me

anyone else, if no lady then male also can but prefably teaches only 3-5 years old children.

starry

Hi Clare, can help me to ask if she can come over to my condo near Yew Tee MRT? if not can leave her contact here in case some mummies also keen if not you can PM me also. Appreciate your help, so difficult to find a lady coach.

My girl is learning swimming under a lady instructor, in a condo at West Coast. She is patient with kids.

hi,

i m also looking for a swimming instructor for my 2 years and 3 months old son.
Any recommendations?

TIA!

Hi, u may want to try this coach, my kids and friends are all using him as recommended by words of mouth. He is very good at handling kids from all ages, with phobia of putting their heads under water and etc. Have many years of experience. My kids love his coaching and can't wait for the next lesson every week! Really pleased, as they were not happy when they were with another coach from another swim school.

Don't think it's a good idea to list his name and contact here. PM me if interested.

Btw, need to feedback on female coaches. Previously, my gals were under this X female coach, they don't like the way she teaches them at all and no mood to learn, it was a waste of time and money everytime they attended her lessons. Therefore i switched them to another coach after a few months, as there is no improvement.

Currently they are under a Male coach, who is very good in coaching and very patient with kids, they enjoyed every lesson from him.

Therefore, my advise is, the GENDER of the coach does not matter at all, it's the way of coaching which is important.

clare,
The session is 1-to-1? how much is the fees?

i'm thinking of enrolling my boy to swimming lessons also .... he very scare of putting his head in the water....

Hi swimming lovers

My kids hv been learning swimming at since the age of 1yrs. Now they are 4yrs. The swimming instructor not only teaches swimming, he educates the kids as well. A great mentor & a friend . Hv intro nos of parents n students to him. I too received positive feedback from the parents. I would not compare a female or a male instructor capabilities but indeed he proves it. Hes no.98501475 Kelvin

Wendy: Thx for the contact. I hv called him It will be 50 for 4 sessions, 45 mins per session. Any mummies keen to join my dd at TPY swimming pool?

Hi Wei Lin,

No worries hope e info helps. Try arrange some more students. me on my side will arrange. Is he teaching 1-1.....

Wei Lin: I try but no garentee. I'm working in childcare ctr so i trying to tell my friends teacher abt it see if they r interested. wat i know from e parents tat he coaches competitive, stroke correction for squads in e clubs. He started coaching in e early years in his days.As for his age not sure cause his experience can prove. so is his class confirm....when will tat be......

Wendy: I m trying to gather ppl too. But it's not easy co my frds all scattered ard Spore and not many with the same age range. He's nice enough to teach my dd 1-1 for the time being while we wait for more students, yet he charges the same rate as a group class.
We are starting tmr evening. Shall see if Tues is a suitable day for my dd.
U hv 4 yr old twins?

wei lin: No la just asking cause don feel like working cause never spent time with my kids..haha lazy right

Just to share

Mummies
Pls do not contact Alvin from www.ncap3.com.
He claimed that he had a car accident during this year CNY.
Since then, myself included some mummies have problems in contacting him in getting back the refund

Thks CG for the info.

Wendy: My dd hv gone for the 1st lesson with Kelvin yday. Haha...she cried big time. But, she gained confidence slowly & stopped crying. I m having a tough time gathering a grp. Seemed like not many mummies in keen in swimming for thei kids at such young age.

Hi Wei Lin,

When is your swimming class for your girl and currently, how many kids(age range?) are there in the class. How much is the fee?

CG: It's at TP. Currently, I fixed on Tues 6.30pm. But timings r flexible for me since I am not working. As for fees, it depends on the no. of students. I think the mkt rate is abt $80 for 4 sessions.

Jen: I am looking for a small grp of 3 more kids. Keeping to 4 kids coz they r pretty small and need more attention fr the coach. What timings r u looking at? Nw, only my dd in the class. If I cant find anymore students, he cant continue the class.

Wei Lin
How about Fri at 5pm?
The market rate is around $60-$80 for 4 sessions. What is the duration per lesson?
My girl is 2yrs old, how about yours?
Marsden swim school is charging $100, with better facilities though duration is just 30mins. They have one at Turf City.

CG: So sorry. Fri is out for me as my dd has Mandarin class in the evening. My dd just turned 3. I am trying to negotiate for better rate.

Back