Any good recommendation of CCTV?

joeyjuvin

I'm a working mom with 3 kids, age 5, 3 ,1. Getting a domestic helper is really a requirement for me. So I decided to get a gd set of CCTV after discussing with my hubby.

Does anyone has any recommendation of CCTV?

Hi,

I have 2 types of CCTV in my house:

1. Fixed CCTV with hard disk - bought from Sim Lim square. 3 camera + a hard disk cost about $500+. Pro is that the hard disk can record up to 2 weeks worth of images. You don't need to keep taking memory card out and watch the past image anytime. Cons: Expensive, the camera cannot be rotated, need to lay wire to connect the camera to the hard disk.

2. Portable CCTV - Bought from Qoo10, brand is StarCam. No memory attached to the CCTV. Pro is that easy to install and able to rotate and cheap (less than $100 each). Con is unable to store memory, only real time pic.

I am using dlink. It is connected via wireless. U can monitor and set it to recording at the same time. The recording will be stored on the NAS a central storage space. I use it to monitor my dog and my domestic helper. I also have automatic setup for my door so I know each time she open door to go out

I'm a working mom with 3 kids, age 5, 3 ,1. Getting a domestic helper is really a requirement for me. So I decided to get a gd set of CCTV after discussing with my hubby.

Does anyone has any recommendation of CCTV?

Hi Joey, I am new in this forum ... actually I am also thinking of installing CCTV for my home, I just got back from Sim Lim Square and come across a shop called Choice Cycle at 2nd floor, I saw their ads sound very attractive ... buy cameras and get a recorder free ... I am just looking around dare not go in to ask and have asked a male friend who has technical knowledge to accompany me tomorrow, have you start looking for one already?

Candy Goo :)

I am using dlink. It is connected via wireless. U can monitor and set it to recording at the same time. The recording will be stored on the NAS a central storage space. I use it to monitor my dog and my domestic helper. I also have automatic setup for my door so I know each time she open door to go out

Hi newbiemum, may I know where did u purchase your set and how much was it roughly?

Last edited:
Hi, u can try Lee & Lee Electronics . Tel : 6339 8217, located at sim lim sq level 02-15, I installed mine with them at main door for 24hrs recording. Look for Mr Lee the boss, they have reasonable price and professional installation service.

just get vstarcam 7824 will do. i have three installed at home to monitor maid and baby when i not home, pretty easy to install one. Bought from the Sim Lim Square, #02-12 Papylon Enterprise.... gentlemen there was nice to guide me through =)

Can get IP camera which cost around 150 e.a for simple one which cannot rotate, get sd card and additional storage like harddisk or nas if wanna record and keep data. Setup on your own and that's all. Download app to iPhone or android etc. to monitor real time.

IMG_7762.JPG I have VStarcam C7837wip, HD version, 55$ each, brand new. pm me or contact me at 85786061.

Hi fellow mummies,
I would like to share my traumatic experience with this Carousell seller (Carousell Username: installationcctv). Seller's name is Dylan and his mobile number is 82772920. He sells V380 brand of CCTV cameras.
Not only did Dylan sell defective cameras to me and went MIA during the 1 year warranty period, he is also suspected of invasion of privacy.
Dylan told me not to set any password as many of his customers would forget their passwords and it would be a huge hassle to reset these. I naively trusted him and only discovered he was spying on my husband and I in our master bedroom when the camera lens would move by itself to focus on our bed in the middle of the night.

I have already made a police report today, Report No: E/20170705/2025
This case is currently under investigation and the investigating officer in charge of this case is urging other buyers who have experienced unscrupulous business practice and/or invasion of privacy issues in relation to Dylan to contact him (Song Jian Li: 63918464).
Fellow mummies, pls beware of this seller, Dylan.

Back