Any good recommendation for post-natal massage?

This is the second time I'm getting Ida to do my post-natal massage, second baby :) I've known her for 2 years.

Service still the same, excellent, never late, not calculative etc. Last time she bathed and massaged my No1, now she focus on me 'cos my confinement lady is ok this time round.

Very friendly, can share her experience whatever she knows. Makes you feel very comfortable, I highly recommend her because she's very professional.

She's the longest service, she's the one who taught Mdm Masita and Mdm Mariam how to do massage.

You need any help, can call Ida at 9424-9829. No obligations, just call and ask for prices, the services she has etc.
Breast engorgement she also can help loosen the blocked ducts. She helped me clear my ducts. Before she massaged, I pumped about 50ml. Then after her massage I went to try, I could get 100-120ml :) Weeeee.... so happy haha.

I booked her for 3 weeks, this is my fourth day and my tummy also looks significantly flatter and firmer.

hi mummies!

i would like to recommend a post natal massage lady. her name is Mdm Liz and her contact no is 91756228. she's very punctual and friendly. she gives a very reasonable price.

she uses a special fat burner oil for the tummy. you are sure to feel the difference after 3 days. many have experienced this feeling.

i recommended a few of my friends and these are the feedback they gave me. so i thought i should recommend it to u all. she's different and one of a kind. you won't regret it!

Hi Ladies..my name is Tanti.
I am a Malay female Massage Therapist.
If u need help for pre/post natal do ctc me @91000548 or email me [email protected]
I do pre natal @$50/60mins
and Postnatal @$60/60min++
MASSAGE BED PROVIDED
Massage includes breast massage to clear blocked-milk ducts,lifting up of womb(tummy area) and binding.
Will also teach mummies on Baby Massage.
Do feel free to ctc me.
happy.gif

Hi,
Had my postnatal frm traditional holistic postnatal centre. Happy and satisfied with the therapist service. Don't mind to pay more to have such professional service and they are well known in this forum since 2005 as I see many gd review that make me consider to have their service. Mayb you could visit their website.

Hi mummies,

Intending to engage Aunty Khatijah for her post natal massage. Any recent feedback on her service?? Understand that she has a lot of good reviews since '07, but the recent feedback seem a bit negative...so a bit confused now.

Appreciate all replies! Thanks! =)

Hi Sandra,
Maybe you could try traditional holitic postnatal centre as I had postnatal session by them. They are in this forum since 2005 and get gd feedback frm many clients. Thats make me confident of using their service. May you could make quires frm others also before you decide. You can visit their website jamumassage.com.if you wish to know more info as I email them too before I decided to take their package.

hi ladies,
jus came across this thread & wld like to highlight mdm ida is not fake.
she was recommended to me by another smh mummy who had tried her sis before.
mdm ida did post natal massage for me for 10 days, $50 each day. inclusive of breast massage, bathing bb & massaging bb. she does 5/7/10 days.
she did tell me she has 2 sis doing massage also, but i dunno their name.

u got any queries can pm me. i seldom come into the thread cos have to juggle work & baby. i'm not promoting mdm ida, but jus pointing out she's not fake.
i find her focused during massage, her strokes are firm, and she puts me at ease during massage.
btw, i'm a may09 mummy & participates in ivf forums as well. i'm not a 1-time poster, fyi

Hi Sandra, I have tried Khatijah for the post natal massage and very disappointed with her service. She collected $250 for the 4 sessions and after the 4 sessions she disappears. There is 3 more sessions to go and free 2 baby massages. The whole package should be 7 sessions and free 2 baby massages for $450. Now she left me hanging there. My tummy till now is still big and flabby like 4 mth pregnant. Very Upset!!! Anyone can help me with this?

val- i used origins jamu when i gave birth earlier this year,,,my post was up there earlier...

their service was great and i am pretty amazed by the binding part cos in Australia, there were no such thing and the tummy binder i bought over there doesnt work at all ( i use for my 1st preg).. the massage was also good , i bouce back faster too for the 2nd one. i like their ginger cream.. super hot but well it works.. overall it was really a new and satisfied experience...

Hi sophie,
sorry to hear that. Mayb you could continue your postnatal sessions again with other therapist that is more professional with their job rather that leave you like that.Go for company that provide postnatal service and although you paid slightly more but you will be satisfied with their service.

Hi evelyn,
My fren who use origin says that her sessions was not enjoyble as the therapist seem like not much experience. When ask questions the answer that she reply seem like not much she knows especially on BF or abt bb. When my fren ask her how long her experience, she just say abt 2yrs. She was quite scary and only took 5 sessions and continue again with other therapist recommend by her other fren. Who is your therapist btw?

Hi Sophie,

Why don't you try to call her again and ask what happen. Or use other hp no so that she will answer to your call. Don't be so stress abt it and ask around who could help you to recommend other massage lady.

Actually I've heard many unpleasant experiences from other mums, my advice is tat go for the trial session first before deciding which to take. If you're booking in advance for postnatal massage, can get a normal massage session beforehand so u know where their skill is.

Hi gals, thanks for all your advice. I have just booked a session with another massage lady, Tanti. Pray hard that her skills are good. Anyone here engage her service before?
happy.gif

Hi Sophie,
I think tanti only recently advertise herself in this forum but never see comments or any mummies here had use her service before. Agree with musicbox suggession.

melia- my massage lady is mdm lathifa.. she very knowledgeable.. and she gave many tips and advices.. so far i had great service. think she in this industry more than 10 yr i heard and she told me she goes for company training as well ... i recommend one mummy who stays the same area as me took their service recently. she love their massages too...

just to share:
Got this good pre/ post natal massage lady called Grace Chong (98113772) at motherhood BP few mths back..
decided to sign up for post-natal massage at that time coz this lady got many certs on massage..
though not sure whether it's real..
But glad I signed up as her skills are fantastic.. so guess her certs are genuine afterall..
happy.gif

managed to slim down on my arms, thighs & tummy just the first 4 sessions..
even my hubby can see the difference..
not sure what's the package now.. you may call her to check on this..

Dear all
Just to share that I book Mdm Noor ( 90048804 )but when i am due in Sep 09, she went missing in action. I could not find her. Luckily Mdm Mas ( 90068026 ) is able to do post-natal treatment for me. She is very friendly and also give tips on taking care of the BB. I highly recommend Mdm Mas for her post natal massage!

hi ladies..

i have given birth at Mid aug and finally tried MDM IDA post natal. i have book her few mths back and have done pre natal with her also.

she's good and very very friendly. anything u can ask her even about bb stuff wor.. she kws a lot.

min is 5days, last 2 days she will push back your womb. cannot 3 days as its not enough. the last 2 days she will teach u how to wrap also.

but i lazy didn wrap after she finish for me d 7days. haha..

depending on your condition, she will also see if you required to do charcoal (to ease natural birth pain stitches) and bitter leaf (cold cold one as this one has to put to fridge)

i only do the charcoal but didn do the bitter leaf as my mother don allow me to do leh. she said cold cold later next time below aching. haha.. but the bitter leaf is to apply to the stitch to sooth them. so u can decide if u wan to do that.

but after doing charcoal i felt a lot better.

if u wan have to book MDM IDA in many mths advance wor.. her contact is 94249829.

jst sms her yr edd and your name so she can get back to u. if she cant make it, she will ask her sister or sister in law to help u do.

but i got one friend done by her sister in law masita but don kw why only do for 4days when she book for 7days wor.. hehe..

Hi,I've just finished my post natal massage with Mdm Masita..Really enjoyed her service for the whole week...She is very friendly and genuine..Will really engage her again if i've my second one..

Hi dear ladies n mummy to be,

This is piggyclaudia again..I had just given birth to my third delivery to a baby girl on the 31st oct 2009 n i had just done my post nantal massage with Maya Sari again who had been my helper since my 1st delivery..

She bring her own massage bed to massage me,she use different oil to massage me on my condition.On the 1st day she massage me n massage me with her hand showing me handful of water extract from my stomach,n immediately my stomach reduces by half,as tis my third pregancy my uterus got alot of blood cloth she uses her hand to massage for me till big lump of clots liver "Liver" coming out from my uterus till my stomach dont feel hard n today it my 4th day of massage n guess wahat???
I am able to wear back my own clothes n my gynae see me he get ashock as i slim down v fast..

Ladies pls call her althu she abit pricy but u see immediate results..I had taken pic of myself till d last day of massage i update into the comp n show u guys..This had no gimmit,it real n i am not related to her but just grateful to her as i feel having good figure after birth is very important..

Her num is 94767836..My husband saw my result also call her to massage his tummy and this is real...Mummy pls call her..My sis n sis in law all uses her after my result....

hi sophie,
i also book Tanti, she gave me a call to advise in detail about her massage method, type of oil she used and comes with pre-mixed drinks. I will only be using her in mid nov. Have you tried her service yet? any feedback. Thanks

Hi Bouncy,
Just to share my postnatal sessions with traditional & holistic postnatal centre. I find that the therapist was gd and I do enjoy my sessions. Agree with mummies in these forum that use their service although slightly ex but service was gd. Share lots of tips on bb and advise. No regret. Got to know frm the therapist that all therapists in their company are certified,experience and also trained personally by their lady boss Mdm Rokiah. I don't mind pay slightly more as heard many comments abt freelance therapist that never turn-up or always late.Even I make my advance payment personally to their shop in kovan 2mth before my EDD. Maybe you could visit their jamumassage.com

hi ladies, just completed my second last (6th) post natal massage session with mdm ida. my elephant legs and tummy are gone all thanks to her. my mum and hubby are very happy with the results. after just two sessions my tummy went from, as my sister said, 8 months "pregnant" to 4 months "pregnant".

her services include baby and mummy massage as well as bathing of baby. she will push up the womb on the second last and last session. she also advise and assist on breast engorgement, latching of baby and what to take to help increase breast milk supply. she has been in this line for 17 years already. she does normal massage too.

Hi ladies,

I try Mdm Ida for my first one, and mdm mashita for my second one..
Some reviews abt the 2 sisters..
Mdm Ida, She make a trip down to my place to solve my engorement for free..
2nd trip, i was suffering from pain from my stitches, she came down to my place for free and advice me what to do..
Then when i recover, she massage me with good strength & gave me good advice, massage and bathe my first baby.
Never hurry to go off..
As for her sister , mdm mashita, her massage is not very good..
Didnt bother to help me with my blocked duct when im in pain.. (Probably she doesnt want to make a waste trip), didnt bother to cover me with towel when massage , didnt massage and bathe my 2nd baby too..
Her strength not as good as Ida..
She push up my womb every massage which is totally different from ida's..
After the whole massage, i call mashita's mentor which is Ida, to carified the whole thing.. Asking y mashita's is so different from hers..
Heard from Ida that they have splited up..
Now, totally 2 different business bcos mashita don one to follow her method..
Haiz.. my 2nd baby, my massage is not a very good experience..
Therefor, i recommend mdm IDA ..
Mummies can contact her at 94249829..
Have to call n book her in advance..Cos i think her schedule is quite tight..
I called a few months in advance before giving birth to my 1st one..
Hopw this info helps mummies here ^_^

Hi Limping,

Thanks for your info. I try to engaged Mdm Ida but she was fully booked. Saw some few mummies use originjamu massage and looked like their company is new. Today my fren who is edd in dec and plan to use originjamumassage too, call me to say that she read in newpaper with her off fren during lunchtime abt origin and her fren saw their malay therapist shown there is her mums frens who just learnt massage only these yr in april for a short course with massage sch. My fren mums did not want to start massage as lack of experience. So its mean that their therapist is not experience. Lucky my fren and me have not sign their package yet. I prefer therapist with atleast few yrs experience and rather pay more to be save. Still will looked around for recommendation.

Hi Lim ,
Thanks for your feedback. I never tried Mdm Ida's massage as she was too fully booked.
For my next baby , I will book Mdm Ida early.

For me I was handle by Mdm Mas. She did push up my womb every time she came. I didnt know that she is not suppose to do so . I did experience very bad cramps once but not sure is it due to pushing of the womb.

Fyi, Mdm Mas didnt have charcoal, bitter leaf or salt stuff.
Despite of this , I personally like her massage pressure. She is very approachable and very willing to share tips on taking care of baby.

As for baby massage , Mdm Mas didn'nt massage for my baby every session but she taught me once on simple baby massage.

Hi Jasmine,
Mine was c-sec too. My therapist frm traditional & holistic did not even touch my wound as she even advise to take gd care with my food intake and not to exercise atleast 5mth. As she say the stitches looks ok but inner part is not healing yet.I agree with some mummies in this forum, pay slightly more to get someone experience and qualified.You may visit their website jamumassage.com and email them your quires. I did that too before signing their package.

Hi Isabelle,
Thanks for your informations. I also read few comments about originsjamumasaage service. Seem like as you say that their therapist is not well trained. My fren who had their service told me that she did not enjoy her sessions as the therapist stroke & presure is not comfortable at all. Especially tummy massage as she say that she never massage her tummy well. Look like scared as my fren had c-section. I still have not decide to engaged who yet as try to call Mdm Ida but fully booked.

Hi Isabelle & susan
Thanks for the info as my edd in jan. I read in sundaytimes last wk too about originjamumassage. I don't know who have tried the rebecca massage before as she does not look like experience in massage at all. And after all she young with 1 yrs experience only. Anyone who had her sessions, feedback Please... What we know usually malay aunties provide traditional postnatal massage.

the siti that elaine heng was talking about in the above post also calls herself hana. i have just started a thread warning mummies about her very irresponsible attitude. maybe elaine only tried her twice that's why no complains. i was also impressed the first time i met her.

here's the link to my thread.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/3286050.html?1258999699

both a sept'09 mummy and I had the same experience with her. she claimed to be "sick" and have "accident" after not turning up for appointments and not returning calls. then thereafter pretending to fix another bogus appointment and ignoring calls and smses forever.

Princessgx, I read your posts. Is she that bad? Perhaps like u said I only tried her twice and I was the one who cancelled the third appt. Was abt to call her to come and massage me on weekends...

Perhaps I never try her long enough. But her 2 sessions really impressed me comparing with the first I tried (Mona). Didn't know she will go MIA.

By the way, mummies... I started to wonder who is real in this thread. Haha like a lot of advertisements and a lot of saying some other pple not good. So who is good? And people who posted here... Seems to be very new with less than 10 posts.

elaine

I am real! Been in this forum since 2004 hahaha
happy.gif

Anyone with feedback abt mdm sadiah pls share with me...

elaine yes you are right. dun know who is real and who is not...

princesssg- aiyo tks for the warning, i saw their ad too in the magazine and true la it super cheap.

now i also seldom come to SMH , prefer other forum ha. one contradicting user seems doubtful though. no edd info also on profile and really so little post

saw her in aug 09 thread she delivered and have engorgement but in this thread she claims she is still looking around for massage lady??? Hmmm 3 months already still looking for massage lady??? weird le....

<font color="aa00aa">here the details

Isabella (princessbella)
Username: princessbella

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 1:43 am: Edit Post Print Post
Hi mummies,
Got very bad engorgement 2days and got recommendations frm many mummies in this thread who had Mdm Rokiah service. This is the 2nd times I'm using her service and 2day is worse than the 1st times.My breast harden very badly. She able to help me when I call her although she is on hariraya visting with her family. She came at 11pm and ended abt 1hr 20 mins and by then my breast was so soft and I feel very happy with her service. Last week went to KKH as got block again and I find that they are gd in theory but not practical. For 2hrs they try to squeeze my breast super painful but not even a drop my mild came out. When I had my session with Mdm Rokiah, I find she is more professional with her job. Now I keep recommending my fren to her for blockducts service, as a new mummies I find that we really need someone like her that really support us breastfeeding.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/3066031.html?1254713095#POST9153709

Posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 2:46 am: Edit Post Print Post
Hi Limping,

Thanks for your info. I try to engaged Mdm Ida but she was fully booked. Saw some few mummies use originjamu massage and looked like their company is new. Today my fren who is edd in dec and plan to use originjamumassage too, call me to say that she read in newpaper with her off fren during lunchtime abt origin and her fren saw their malay therapist shown there is her mums frens who just learnt massage only these yr in april for a short course with massage sch. My fren mums did not want to start massage as lack of experience. So its mean that their therapist is not experience. Lucky my fren and me have not sign their package yet. I prefer therapist with atleast few yrs experience and rather pay more to be save. Still will looked around for recommendation.

Isabella (princessbella)
Username: princessbella

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, October 09, 2009 - 12:51 am: Edit Post Print Post
Hi mummies,
I'm new to this forum and also have not yet decide to have my postnatal massage by which company. Still looked around to ask for more recomendation. Heard frm my fren that use BB service, charges is not inclusive the transportation and the therapist that serve her, seem like a new therapist that just took courses not long compare to when she had her 1st bb, the therapist was very experience but has retired. And on her last sessions they took back the binder, so my fren was left without the binder unless you want to purchase the binder. She told me no point of buying their binder as its the long type of cloth that you're not able to tie yourself.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/2289743.html?1258983299#POST9202291</font>

noscon-- i heard abt mdm sadiah last year but now a days selom see her name in forum.. mostly see mdm ida ..

Hi mummies &amp; grace

Just like to share my personally experience of postnatal massage after birth . Frankly i don't really like to be massage &amp; believe in postnatal during pass 2 pregn. During my 3rd pregn postatal massage is recommend by my best friend who have try out postnatal massage and she is mother of 2 yet she look slim. And she know tat i always take nearly 2 yrs to slim down after my 2 pregn, and she highly encourge me to try out her therapist. After consideration, and i know tat this is my last pregn i decided to try out. I had just given birth to my third delivery to a baby boy on the 22nd May 2009.

Although i started my session 3 weeks after my Csect, i can see that my tummy and thighs had reduced significantly after the 10 days sessions. Actually i book for 5 days due to the first day massage Mrs karlsom who age around 50 yrs old she really done a good job.
she use different oil to massage me on my condition this make me very relax and help me to reduce my bad strain on my back due to constant carrying of my naughty baby boy.And my bloated up stomach immediately reduces by half,as Csect is not allow to do it immediately after birth at least 3 week later.She also gave me many advices how to take care of my body. Plus the cheerful and helpful during massage session make me very happy &amp; confidence with her service and i decided to extend to 10 days session instead.
With all this massage, I from 75kg to 71kg after baby (3.248g) -10 days massage to 68kg -now 61kg (baby 6 mths)i still got 3 kg to go back to my actual weight heeeeeeeee

I'm very happy &amp; glad that my best friend recommend this originsjamu massage really help me this 3rd birth to slim down extremely fast even my boy is now 6 mths which i don't need to change my wardrobe and clothing for this round.

Once a again i must thanks originsjamu massage- Rebecca although she is young. But her professional &amp; experience therapist which i highly recommend to mummies who is looking for postnatal massage . Thanks Mrs karlsom who still call me to send me regards.

Hi mummiess....

looking for malay traditional massage lady?...call: mas (9006 8026)

for traditional malay post-natal massage: every session has full body massage,

and stomach wrapping..except on the last day of the session..she dont do the wrapping..

in any case if mummies has blocked milk ducts, she will help clear blocked ducts as well..

also help u to bath ur baby if no one to assist u and teach you how to do very mild massage

your baby incase stomach bloated..

for post-natal($50) 1 1/2hrs,no extra charges for the wrapping cloth..

last day of the post natal session, you only pay ($40) due to she need to collect back the cloth and
dont do the stomach wrapping..

also do pre natal 1 1/2hrs($40) and normal massage 1 1/2hrs($40)..

no tpt charges islandwide and no hidden cost..

3days post natal massage packages: $140
5days post natal massage packages: $240
7days post natal massage packages: $340
10days post natal massage packages:$490

mon-sat

from:1)8.30am-10.30am. 2)11am-1pm. 3)1.30pm-3.30pm.4)4pm-6pm 5)6.30pm-8.30pm

viven_mum

you sounds like you are advertising... u also posted in all the massage related thread...

Hi noscon,
agree with you.

summerpeach,
you too seem like advertise your company also as you say your bloated tummy immediately reduce by half. Where got such cases for massage immediate result. If could see immediate result I think your therapist got super magic hand.

haha. Noscon I think so too.

Summerpeach's post did caught my eye. Haha she has 100 plus posts... Maybe hers is true?

I m hoping to find someone who can help with my tummy. Bb is 5 months old already. N my tummy is still very very flabby. Still wearing my maternity wear and looks like 7 months preggy.
sad.gif

Elaine

Never too late to get another massage.... the effect may not be as great as if u get a massage immed after birth but it may still helps..
happy.gif

Back