Any good pre-nursery, nursery , childcare at yishun/sembawang?

Hi

Can any one kindly give me recommendation? what you all think about Eager Beaver Schoolhouse and Lodge @ safra yishun and also the little skool house at orchid country club and also my little campus?

please give comments and recommendation.

hi

not sure abt those but i heard the sch hse @ OCC is expensive. how abt Little Foorprints or Chong Pang Sparkletots?

any tried poppet or joy educare at sembawang? i like that it is in a bungalow and it gives it that "open" feeling.. rather than under the void deck that seems cramped and locked..

anyone can share?? thx!!

Hi irene
I have been to poppet, the fees are def reasonable for a CC in a pte house. It is actually 2 pte house connected. Very big, the principal sounds kind and very child oriented. But inside kind of dark and I feel it is kind of gloomy. However I had good reviews from my cousin who had placed 3 kids there.
I dun like Joy Educare...maybe I didn't had a good ex with the branch at Woodlands... The teachers not the loving kind.

There is another one which I like and had initially placed a deposit with them before we decided to engage a maid. It is call Perform@ Junior, near to poppet too. Very cheerful place but admitedly a little small as it is a corner terrace, the kids have to climb up a flight of stairs for lessons. They include a library and speech and drama classes.

hi linda, thx!! have enrolled her to poppet as I prefer the open space better than joy and the rest..

my cousin placed his kids there as well and he did say is quite good too so I guess I will give it a try! =)

hi blur_green,

Little Footprints opp B101, above KFC. Half day playgroup : 830-1230 or 130-530. $170/mth afetr subsidy (only if u are a working mum)

Sparkletots (PAP) B142. No half day. Full day child care service. $200 plus/mth after subsidy (only if u are a working mum)

sigh... poppet changed management and will be revising their prices end of next yr.. now not sure if wanna enrol my youngest gal there or switch now for both my kids so they can attend same school...

the prices increase quite dramatically, but only for those new pupils...
poppet is a good childcare, my girl used to study there, she got a very good result in primary one.

the old prices will maintain if u enrol by this yr, and it will retain till end of next yr. following tat in 2009, it will increase.

frankly, i liked the old management better.. the director will always call me if my gal were to skip school for that day.. but this new management, the only time they called was to remind me abt payment... but then at least my gal's teachers are the same.. and they are really quite good. so now i am a dilemma.. to enrol my younger gal or not? i really do not wish to enrol her, then switch school when they increase.. but yet i cannot find another equivalent cc... sigh..

their command of language and their dedication to the child's education. to them, the children are there to learn things and not just "spend time" as parents are working. also, they give me advice on how to handle my gal as well in terms of their learning speed and enthusiasm..

is quite difficult to describe.. u need to experience to know it.

Hi, i would like to search for a baby sitter at Yishun Area urgently and my baby is 7 months only day time from 9am to 7pm..pls sms 82469400 and will reply u asap. Thanks

Hi called up poppets.. there is a change of management to Style learner.. is it still as good.. appreciate your feedback..

Hello Mums of admiralty area,
I have recently just shifted to Yishun area and previously residing at admirality.didn't know abt this thread...
happy.gif

anw i have a piece of little information to share for mums looking for gd preschools.

I have been placing my child at sembawang drive for this teacher to take care of my child's enrichment. She teach from home therefore timing to pick my child is more flexible.
she is within walking distance from Semb MRT station.

You can email me at [email protected] for details and i can pass you her no.
She works from home so of course her price are reasonable. Hope my little piece of information helps
happy.gif

For those looking at My little campus,
just to share a bit of info here..
its pretty disappointing sch thats y i finally decided to leave my child in a home base preschool.

I visited Joy Educare & poppet too. My girl was very advanced for her age group then but Joy Educare principal questioned me why do I want my child to be more advanced? she said it is not advisable to progress faster than kids of the same age group. huh?? as if it's a bad thing

Eventually I placed my girl in MMI at Woodlands. Not satisfied with the childcare in Sembawang area despites viewing 10 childcare centers. MMI promoted my girl from N1 to N2 after 3 months, even though she was one year younger than all the kids in N2. At least they are more flexible in nuturing the child based on her progress

But my experience was years ago, so management style & approach may have changed over the years

Hello mommies & daddies
My friend recently created a blog on “Child care centres in Singapore”, which she hopes to help parents make informed decision on child care and pre-school choices for their kids. The blog has a list of preschools and child care centres (CCC) in Singapore, with their contact info and parents’ comments on them. As she has just created the blog, there are no comments on the CCC yet. So she’d like to appeal to you (parents) to contribute your comments and feedback on the CCC which your child has enrolled in. Your opinion and comments would help other parents when they are looking for CCC and preschools for their child.
If your child’s CCC is not in the list, u can suggest for her to include in it.
Please help to support. Thank you very much!
url: http://sgschools.blogspot.com/

Hi

Me intend to enrol my boi into Nursary next yr..of cos if can to progress to K1 then K2 la...
Any GOOd and resonable priced suggestion for Yishun...

Hi, need to find a good church school who conduct pre-nursery education at ang mo kio or yio chu kang rd. Anyone can help?

meredith,
could you please share with me your view on MY Little campus? you can PM me... thank you very much...

Hi Meredith,

mind revealing the name of the teacher? I'm also looking for a preschool for my child. Can't decide which one is good and don't mind placing him in a homebased environment. Prefer somewhere around woodlands/admiralty/yishun/sembawang. Many thanks....

Dear mummies,

Thank God for this Thread! I've just started looking around for pre schools for my boy (he is 10mths now...). I live in AMK but work in Ghim moh area...would appreciate any suggestions you have ! (Have checked out Pat School House, Eton, Little Skool House etc... all quite pricey man but will consider if its really really going to make a difference in my child's learning)any personal experience to share? Can PM or email me [email protected]?

Thanks so much gals!
lyn

star learners is the new management who took over poppett. read my earlier posts. so far so good.. only 1 unhappy incident. they increased their fees before 2009, and did not inform only the day it went effective.. the mgr told me it is supposed to increase in 1 yr's time after they took over, but i do not remember so.. see my earlier post on that.. anyway, i only need to be pre-empted that's all..

yes, that is what i like too. =)

very impt especially since the environment can mean HFMD cases or not.. so far so good there! touch wood!!

Hi Meredith
I placed my boy in My Little Campus at Sembawang this year. I know that they have a few branches at Sembawang, Yishun and Pasir Ris, I think.... Care to share what happened? Cos so far, I'm quite happy with all their services and the learning process they have put through for my boy.

Irene

Can i know if your kid's freqency of getting flu in star learners?

Just curious... My son havent started schooling there yet.. targeting Jan 09.

Back