Any Good Malay Massage lady to recommend

Hi Guys,
I try out Mdm Noor's pre natal massage today. She's really good! She did additional 30 mins with me for no extra charge. I really felt better after her massage! She even told me the areas that I have problems and she spends more time on my problematic areas. Will strongly recommend her!

Hi all,

Does Mdm Rokiah speak English? Also, I have heard that some of these Malay ladies pray over you when they massage you. Does she?

hi there,

Would appreciate if any one of you mommies out there can provide me with the rates and contact number of Mdm Rokiah through email at "[email protected]"? Believe she is still as good as past reviews have been...is she?

Tell me! : )

I find Mdm Rokiah very skillful in clearing blocked ducts. For a week, I suffered very bad engorgement, no matter how much I massaged with hot compress, the lumps were still there. My sister recommended her as she suffered the same problem. Within an hours, Mdm Rokiah was able to clear my lumps using a hot stone without much pain. The hot stone she is using is much effective than the hot pack. She is very encouraging towards breastfeeding and gives good advice. She still followed up the next day via sms.
Unlike my trip to see the Lactation Consultation in TMC when I had my 1st engorgement, LC kepts complaining about my sored breasts in front of me and among themselves. They never used any hot compress before pressing on my breasts and the whole process was unbearable and painful. At the end of the sessions, my breasts were not completely cleared and LC advised me to get my hb to massage for me. Thus, I feel that it is really worth the money to engage Mdm Rokiah.

Anyone has massages done recently by Mdm Noor and Mdm Rokiah?

I wonder if anyone who booked Mdm rokiah got her assistant instead? I find her charges very expensive now, its about $76 per session!!

I have done it with Mdm Noor. Initially, wanted to have 7 sessions but she took around 3 weeks to complete 5 sessions, therefore I did not continue. My tummy is still very flabby. She had changed and delayed the massages quite a few times. When Mdm Rokiah saw my tummy, she said how come so big and advised me to continue binding even though it is already 3 mths.

did mine wif a lady col Liz, very slim but got 3 children hor... door to door svs, charges wise quite resonable.. my best fren lost 9kg aft her post natal. normaly aft 1-2weeks aft normal dlivery can do post natal, if c-sect need to wait abt 3-5 weeks.

Hi sue
Wat's the contact of Liz and how much is she charging? Is the oil she used very oily? I'm looking for a good massage lady to do normal massage.

hi cofibeen, she uses good grade of massage oil,
normaly not so oily & not dat lemongrass 1.
u aft delivery ah ??

hi blessed & Ahjo77, r u mtb ?? Wat ur EDD ??

cofibeen,Liz is gentle as i can say, not to mention for post-natal, she bring her own bed leh.. for regular massage is advice, cos it will help in many ways including sliming.. r u thinking abt loosing weight ??
happy.gif

ok mommies, for more info pls email to [email protected]

blessed,
the best is to notify ur EDD, so every1 r able to arrange things/schedule. whc part of spore u residing ??

Sinkor, i thk grace need advance payment too rite (50% upon 1st visit). safe? bcos heard alot of unfortunate event for those ppl who did advance payment

Hi Rast,
I've engaged the service of Rohaya when I delivered my 1st baby. She's really good! Paid S$490 for 7 sessions but that was 2 years ago, duno if she's revised her rates. Price includes binding after each session. Got to book her early as she's usually fully booked.

Hi June,

Someone from this Forum recommended me Ms Suraya and I found her very good with the massage. Initially I tried out a few others before I gave birth and finally settled with Ms Suraya. She's patient, kind and very thorough. She provided me with body wrapping and I got my figure within 2 weeks. No joke! She even help to shower my baby within that 1 week until I'm confident enough to bath him myself. She even advised me and show me how to take care of my little darling. So it's like an in house training after giving birth lor....hahahaha. I finally decided not to engage a confinement lady as I read many bad reviews. Some even never shower the baby properly until my friend found that her baby girl has white flakes on her head. Anyway I managed everything on my own with the help of my parents. Lucky they're not that pantang.

This is her number, 9066 3495. Just give a try first and if you like her massage than you can get take up her massage package.

Hi Siman,

have you tried the post natal massage at house of traditional javanese massage?
Thinking of signing the package, can ride on your membership?

Hi, anybody tried out Mdm Sadiah's services lately? Is she good? Wat abt Mdm Noor or Mdm Khatijah? Anybody has any comments?

Oso why is it that the massage can only start after a week for normal delivery as advise by Mdm Noor and Mdm Sadiah? Coz i tot the massage can start after i discharge.

I tried mdm khatijah service. She's good and even give 2 free baby massage, but she's not very punctual!
I had c-section so she advise me to do the last session after 3 months. I can only do my massage on sat or sun morning, but she keep on having last minute appointment until I give up, almost 6 month and still haven't push the womb up.
I switch back to the massage lady I used for my first pregnancy, Siti.

I booked khatijah and kenna played out by her. She has given lots of reasons for not turning up (eg: sister-in-law pass away, in family court settling family issue etc...) and after her so-called reason, she did not bother to call to re-schedule my appointment. So I gave up and look for other massage lady.

So my advise is to look for one who is reliable and will turn up as promised. It is very difficult to find a massage lady last minute.

Ladies,
Anybody tried Mdm Rokiah's service ? It seems that she's highly recommended by the forum gals here.
I just got to know that she has retired and it will be her assistants to do the massage . Have anybody tried her assistants' service ? Is it as good as her ?

Hi Candy,

Does Ms Suraya help with engorgement of breasts and blocked milk ducts ? I really need help in terms of that because I have not been able to latch my newborn and nurse him with breastmilk.

Hi Sonia, just to share with you that I faced similar problems like you too. But the problem was solved not by massage lady, but my baby whom I let her latched on and instantly relieved my engorgement and blocked milk ducts. Maybe you need a lactation consultant's help instead. The way you let your baby latch on may not be correct, that's why got such problem.

For sharing,

Those who wanted to employ chinese confinement nanny and meanwhile are thinking of hiring a massue.

I would like to recon mdm lee, i've employ her for my 28days confinement and she cooks good tonic soup and most important is she only charge $1.5k for day time service comparing to the 2k PEM nanny.

Btw, an additional $300 for 7days massage during the confinement can be requested.

Can sms 98427964 if u are interested, strongly reconmend.

Anyone tried the MalayHeritage massage service publicised in the forum's business thread??

I'm sourcing for a malay massage lady for July..

Hi all,

Just to share, I delivered in Mar 08 and had a Malay massage lady by the name of Mdm Aisah. She is in her 50s and very skilful, managed to help relieve my engorged breasts in my first week after giving birth (which the LC was unable to help me) . I had her for 7 days, each session (abt 1-1.5hr) was $70 - this included full body massage, the tummy massage and the binder. Actually lost 3 kg after that one week (a lot of it was water retention) and tummy was less flabby too. Her contact no is 81778092 in case anyone would like to engage her services. She was punctual and did not postpone any sessions.

Hi.
Just would like to recommend my massage therapist, Mdm Suriyah from malay heritage jamu massage.Few of my friends, also used her service and she is very punctual and the massage is very relaxing.You may visit their website at malayheritagejamumassage.blogspot.com as I got to know that they are having promotion from may till june for new moms.( Got to know that their staff is specially trained by Mdm Rokiah who are recommended by many clients in the SMH)

Thanks

i know this lady working in a spa. She is experience in post natal and have a number of maseuses or so called therapists. It is quite difficult to book her, but she will sent someone in her team to attend to the customer. Most of her team (maseuses) are experienced. Charges wise, quite reasonable.

Hi Cofibeen,
sorry do u want to try Nor at 82323257, u can call, or sms her. My mum and my aunties usually used her for relaxing massage. She's good, more on traditional massage, u can also request her to do slimming massage on the spotted area. But she did not have email address, very simple lady, just call or sms her, she will attend immediately. Her head massage is superb. I tried her before i pregnant.

Hi Cofibeen,
she usually used traditional massage oil. All we have to do is prepare the mat or floor mattress and our own towel or blanket to cover our body. I remember my auntie also ask her to bind her stomach after massage (bengkung), she charge the bengkung cloth price i think less then $20 dollars, at the same time she will also teach diy bengkung for home care. Not so sure whc one the elder or the younger one, coz their name are alike. Anyway, give her a call. Cheers!

Hi mia_cavvy
Thanks for the info! I'll give her a try after my period. ;) by the way, would u happen to know the rate she charging? Are you still hiring her for massages?
Thanks!

Hi Cofibeen,
before my pregnancy yes, but i keep on changing masseuses, i like different touch. My cousins still hiring them once a month. All of them are good. Now i am having twin, i did went for massage by another masseuse, and the next day i sufferred from abs pain. I went to my gynae told me that best for me not to do any massage for the time being. For the time being, i will have to endure.
I think her rate falls between $50 to $60, depending on location.

Hi.for those who wants to know about Mdm Rokiah's service.
After having my 2nd child I called her for postnatal massage as I have enjoyed her service when I had my first child, but I found out that she has opened 'Traditional & Holistic Post-natal centre' and she is no longer doing postnatal massage by herself but she send her staff instead. Well..I was very disappointed but didn't have time to search for another masseuse so decided to try Mdm Rokiah's staff as Mdm Rokiah said they all have many years postnatal massage experience and personally trained by her.
The result??? I was very satisfied with her staff. her staff could provide same level of service and massage was as good as Mdm Rokiah. And still Mdm Rokiah check with me after the session.
You can even go to her company website www.jamumassage.com to see what they do during the massage session.
I would highly recommend her company.

Back