Any good Gynae from TMC to recommend?

zuw

Hi, I was wondering if you guys have good recommendation of gynae from TMC that you think are good to recommend? I am trying to conceive but need to start seeing one first to access my health. Hope to get some ideas here! thanks ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually I was hoping for TMC docs with clinic outside.. cus travelling to TMC abit out of place for me.

Oh.. I am staying at CCK. Heard of Dr Adrian too and heard he is not bad.. I think I heard about Dr Wong as well... are their appts hard to book?

ZuW, i stay in cck too, and i see dr adrian woodworth. he is a very nice gynae, and waiting time is about maximum 30mins(according to my own experience). however, i only go during non peak days(weekdays). dr adrian is a man of little words and he only answer when i ask him but he does give 'basic' advices. overall i like him.

How is Dr Wong Mun Tat like? What about the charges?

Planning for baby... thought i'd like to do checkup first like ZuW.

Just wondering, is it better to go to a gynae near your home or better near workplace?

Hi gals,

I just found out i'm pregnant. but i need your advise.. how do you think Dr. Adrian Tan and Dr. Yvonne Chan? which one better, friendly and gentle? or there's any other gynea which you gals think she/he is good...

Hi, my gynae was Dr LN Sim. She's really nice although she looks a bit stern. Her package is very affordable too.

Dr Benjamin is pretty detailed person. It will not be chop chop kind of appointments. He is patient in explaining to u as well.

You can always change when u dun feel good with ur gynae.

Thanks

Hi ZuW,

My gynae is Dr Wong Mun Tat.Went to him when I was trying to conceive. He is a very nice guy though a man of little words. But he is very careful and a conservative man who will not recommend stuff that is not neccessary.

His stitching is ok, had a diagnostic test wif him that requires operation.

His clinic is opposite Bukit Gombak MRT station, so very convenient for you i guess.

Dr Wong Charges are reasonable i guess. Not sure how much does other gynae charges. His charges are $60-80 for consultation depending on duration. scan separate charges.

I like Dr Caroline Khi at ACJ Women's Clinic. She's lovely, very patient and I had a birth plan and all and she didn't think it was weird at all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies and mummies to be,

I am totally new here and have been trying to conceive for the pass 2 years seem no news. Thus thought of looking for a good gynae to check and stick to him/her all the way...

Eventually I will like to delivery either at KK, Raffles or Parkway but seem like there is lots of mummy delivering/delivered at TCM (Thomson)?

Can I ask for opinion of Dr Watt Wing Fong - at Compasspoint? Her fee, experience with her etc..

As I do not want too travel far to visit the gynae all the time as I stay in Hougang area.

Went to see Dr. Adrian Tan yesterday.

1st time seeing him, he is quite friendly and cheerful. haha! Hope we can feel happy with him throughout my whole pregnancy!

Hi

I Also went to see dr Adrian tan and managed to view the hospital tour at tmc today

although I like dr Adrian tan service, I feel that the delivery suite in tmc seem very cramped,

the other thing is after delivering our bb, our bb will be bought out of the delivery suite to take measurement

I don feel comfort abt bb leaving me but my hub assured me that he will eye on our bb upon delivery

so now we are thinking shld we take up the 1bedded or 2 bedded ward

Cheerios

Hi Linda,

U mean u viewed the delivery suite? U ask Adrian Tan to show you or hospital nurse to show u? how many months u pregnant already?

Hi fish

the hospital has a daily tour at 11am and 2 pm and is guided by the staff nurses at the concerige counter, u know the place where the valet sit and wait???

My Edd. Is 5 mar and I read 1 of the message that your is close to mine too!

Honestly, I do find his delivery charge ex cos I looked at the 4 bedded and 1 bedded package frm the clinic, I deduct the amt frm hosp charges and his delivery work out ad 1700??

A bit steep lei

Hi Lin

I saw your message but there was a comment that dr wing charges is ex cos is frm raffles medical.

At first I aso wan to see her for convenience since I don wan to travel too far, but the tot of having a good gynae and something comfty do come w a price... So in the end, I go for dr Adrian tan - tmc and my hub has thumb up for our 1st visit yest!

The only dilemma is I don feel good for the rooms and delivery suite. I find too cramped

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the advise, Dr Wing is recomm by mine colleauge but Im not sure so need to ask ard. I agree it is more imp to have a gd gynae and some1 im comfty with but it must match up to d price for im paying... I also don like TMC cos it is cramp as colleauges have been giving birth there before... Haiz...what shd i choose dilemma

Lin

same as you I am still in dilemma but probably will go and check on mt a gynae cos I still prefer to deliver in mt a

Lin/Linda,

you might want to consider Dr Fong who deliver at Mount A and TMC. He has two clinic at Paragon and Tiong Bahru

my Gynae is Dr LN Sim from TMC. Very experienced gynae. I went to see her as i was TTC.

So lucky that she scanned and told me i was ovulating and told me to go home to try...

that month i got preggy and i went to see her.. i continued with her all the way and i must say her pkg is very reasonable.

Like her very much.

Dr Yvonne Chan is really professional. Her clinic is very well organised and keeps to the appointment time. friendly, very systematic and gives sound advice.

Both my kids are delivered by Dr Wong Mun Tat, a very good docter and i am planning to visit him soon for pap smear test. He is patient and is very skillful with his stitches all i have heard good reviews bout him too when i went TMC for check ups, the nurses there like him too. Btw, clinic is directly opposite Bukit Gombak mrt.

Hi ZuW,

My gynae is Dr Lawrence Ang. He is a very nice dr. He been helping me on give birth my 1st baby ger (now 25 months) and helping me on OT on miscarriage for 2 times also.

Anything you can ask him, some more he will help you to save money also...Haha....If the package no change is still SGD500 (excluded GST yet). Planning to go see him next month also..

Hi hi Ladies,

I was reccomended by some of my colleagues that Dr LC Cheng from TMC is good. Anyone has any experience with this gynea before? Most importantly is the skill of stitching.. ;P Need to book my first antenatal appointment soon. Cheers!

Melissa : most of the gynaes from WC Cheng Associates are good....but all comes with a price....and long q...i am with WK Tan...seeing her for my 4th bb, my SIL is with LC Cheng now....and TC Chang is good too....cheers

Hi mine is Dr A L Lim. My other 2 girlfriends also delivered by him. Detailed, 'playsafe' type if u knw wat I mean. Felt rest assured under his care. Supplements he is selling at reasonable price, even cheaper than some pharmacy outside.

I will definitely return to him for 2nd baby.

Charges reasonable, $40+ per visit compared to some at $60 for consultation.

Be prepared to wait, even if u call in to take Q no.

HI,

Mine was Dr A L Lim from TMC. He is good and we are glad to have him as my gynae. He is a pro natural delivery gynae.

Hi everyone,

Initial choice of Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC (thru a friend's recommendation) is out, as i've just learned that she is fully booked for the mth i'm due.

My GP recommends a Dr Judy Wong from TMC. Is there anyone here currently with Dr Wong, or was with her previously? Like to find out more.

Hi Moon, I'm with Dr Judy Wong from TMC. This is my first pregnancy and EDD is Feb 2011. I was recommended this gynae from a friend's wife.

So far, she has been professional, friendly and efficient. But she seems to have many expatriate clientale! Dunno whether that's a good or bad thing. and she seems very popular - waiting times are usually at least 30 minutes even though I have an appt - this is for Saturday mornings.

She is open Mon - Fris but Wed PM she is off. Then Sat is half day morning. Sundays and PH closed. Her 2 receptionists are nice young girls, very helpful and polite.

I guess you can try her. However, it seems she doesn't offer any consultation package (some gynaes do, once you hit the 5 mth mark). Also, I find that you may have to prompt her for some info ahead of time. Maybe I'm just too kan cheong :p

Finally, although she is based at TMC, she can deliver either there or at Mt Alvernia Hospital. I had a preference for the latter and informed her at least twice previously, early on in the 1st tri. However, we didn't book or confirm anything. Last Sat when I visited her and brought this topic up again, she mentioned that her quota for Feb 2011 was full for Mt. A so she cannot deliver there for Feb. I was really disappointed and also a little bit upset that she didn't mention anything about quota earlier (this is an example of not being forthcoming with information sometimes). So looks like I have to deliver at TMC instead. But she then told me it's too early to book and to wait till Dec instead ... so now, I'm wondering - should I wait or should I insist?? What if come Dec, there's no more space at TMC or Dr. Wong is so fully booked (in terms of time) that she can't deliver for me? She should let me know beforehand if she intends to get a replacement gynae, or I can find my own right ??

hi mommies,

if you want to deliver in private hospitals, i recommend dr kee swee hae, he has his own clinic at far east plaza. though he is old man, he is very experience, caring and attentive. he can be contacted 24/7 if you need to speak to him urgently. he can deliver in most of the private hospital. his charges are relatively cheap too.

need his contact, can PM me.

I am seeing Dr. Woo Bit Hwa. He delivers at TMC and Mt.A. He have clinics at tiong bharu and pungol area. Charges are as follows: S$698 (Tiong Bharu) and heard that he charge S$800+ (Pungol clinic. He doesn't talk much, but when you ask him questions, he will explain everything in detailed and very specific. He won't rush you during consultation visits which I find it very comfortable. I read from different Singapore forums that his stitching skills is superb. some go for C-section and can walk normally after a week and stitches are gone as well.

Hi All,

New to the forum, but glad to share.

I was with Dr Ben Tham, nice gynae, patient in answering all qns, esp from a 1st time mum. He is also very encouraging and he'll be more than willing to answer emails as I understand, though I never had to do so. He's with WC Cheng Associates, previously with KK as Snr Consultant (where I understand he was extremely popular). I was also referred to him by my fren. =)

My gynae is Dr Kek Lee Phin. She is based at Mt E and delivers at Mt E only but she has a weekly wed morning clinic at Bt Batok central. Two thumbs up for her. Highly skilled and very motherly and patient. I know I can trust any emerencies in her hands. She enabled me to have a VBAC. Calming effect every time I see her :)

If you want her contact, can google or PM me.

My gyane is dr jocelyn wong fr ACJ clinic. nice and friendly lady [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i prefer female gynae

Back