Any good confinement lady or agency to recommend?

Hi Joaniki

Would like to know what is the rate your CL charge you?

Does she help to do laundry for husband and simple household cleaning ?

Hi Joaniki,

May I enquire what was the "opening" and "closing" angpao you gave your confinement lady?

I am wondering if here is a standard "market" rate.

I'll understand if you are not comfortable answering.

Thanks!!

I would like to endorse my current nanny for the really pleasant experience so far. Yes, I am doing my confinement now.
I think I am really lucky to have this nanny Jenny, Malaysian about 40 years old, I am quite sure I may have post natal blues without all her help.
Got her thru a fren's recommendation, she did confinement for my fren too. Before my Edd, she will call me to see if I coping well with pregnancy and give me useful tips.
She is really sincere, cooks well (family owns Zi Char stall); highly responsible, honest, cheerful and punctual (especially in delivering her cooked meal; I've heard stories of friends' nanny not preparing breakfast or late in preparing meal when the nanny had a late night or simply not good with time management. Not this nanny)and good with LO.
I also like it that she will find chance to educate me on how to handle LO. As a new mummy, I'd struggle with breastfeeding or handling LO plus trying to rest & recover plus managing mum who has been trying to make me follow all the old wives' tales/confinement rules.

Breastfeeding has been particularly tough and I Thank god for her who save me from engorgement twice! Otherwise, I would have gotten fever, lose the bf supply and given up on breastfeeding journey. My poor Little one would not have mummy's breast milk. How did she help me? By relentless help me massage with hot towel over and over again to clear the blockage. The water she used to soak the towel was really pretty hot, her fingers are all red but it did not stop her from helping me in the middle of the night. AND the next day, she prepared breakfast on time again and everything else was on schedule. I am so grateful that I choose her as my nanny. She is also not naggy and insist you must follow her way. Cannot stand those nanny that is so naggy, when new mummy are already so stressed!

Jenny can be reached at +65 8204 2147; +60 16 660 0358 can call her to see if she is available/interview her. I am highly recommending her.:)

Sorry to hijack this thread. But if anyone is looking for a confinement nanny/short term babysitter let me know. My boy is 6 mths now but because my helper had to return back to her home to settle some family matters last wk, I hired my ex confinement nanny to help me babysit him till 10may. She's v experience & pro breastfeeding & I Learnt a lot from her. Im thankful to Hv her around during the 1st 2 mths of my baby's life (yes, I hired her for 2mths!).

Sorry to hijack this thread. But if anyone is looking for a confinement nanny/short term babysitter let me know. My boy is 6 mths now but because my helper had to return back to her home to settle some family matters last wk, I hired my ex confinement nanny to help me babysit him till 10may. She's v experience & pro breastfeeding & I Learnt a lot from her. Im thankful to Hv her around during the 1st 2 mths of my baby's life (yes, I hired her for 2mths!).

Is she a Malaysian or local ? Any idea how much she charge for confinement and what scope of work she covers ? My EDD is Oct

I would like to recommend my CL, aunty Xue Fang, from Pahang, Malaysia. She is in her mid - forties and has 16 yrs of experience. She is currently doing confinement for me and I can see that she is really very good at taking care of babies. A great cook as well. She knows her responsibility clearly also.

Aunty xue fang will remind me to pump breastmilk every 3 hourly if I forget, and ask me to rest rest rest. Besides, she imparts a lot of knowledge about how to take care of a baby from the 2nd month onwards esp after she's done with my confinement, and also what to eat to generate more milk (although this is my 2nd delivery already).

She is a good listener as well. Any problems or any thing to chat about, she is most welcomed to hear you out.

You can contact her at SG number 84113195.
her MY nbr is 60129585884.
feed for 28 days- SGD $2700. Can ask for $100 discount.
hongbao at the start and end of confinement- at up to u.
deposits required- nil. She talks abt credibility. Any cancellation or changes to be made known to her 2 mths in advance.

I would like to recommend my CL, aunty Xue Fang, from Pahang, Malaysia. She is in her mid - forties and has 16 yrs of experience. She is currently doing confinement for me and I can see that she is really very good at taking care of babies. A great cook as well. She knows her responsibility clearly also.

Aunty xue fang will remind me to pump breastmilk every 3 hourly if I forget, and ask me to rest rest rest. Besides, she imparts a lot of knowledge about how to take care of a baby from the 2nd month onwards esp after she's done with my confinement, and also what to eat to generate more milk (although this is my 2nd delivery already).

She is a good listener as well. Any problems or any thing to chat about, she is most welcomed to hear you out.

You can contact her at SG number 84113195.
her MY nbr is 60129585884.
feed for 28 days- SGD $2700. Can ask for $100 discount.
hongbao at the start and end of confinement- at up to u.
deposits required- nil. She talks abt credibility. Any cancellation or changes to be made known to her 2 mths in advance.

Hi Serene
Does she hand wash her own laundry and baby's ? Since she is with u, can help me to ask if she available for EDD around 26 Oct ? If yes I will call her to ask more details.

Hi Eileen99
ok I will check if she is available for around 26th October. will inform u again once i check with her.
She usually machine wash adult clothing. For baby clothing if you need her to hand wash gotta let her know.

Hi Eileen99
I have checked with my CL on the oct schedule. She is packed till November, so she can't take on yours. So sorry...

Hi...Mummy, I have one of my ex Cl's friend currently doing the confinement for another mummy in spore now. Are you interesting ?
If you keen, you can pm me at 92217257, I will get her to contact you so you can interview her over the phone.
Hi what is ur confinement lady contact? Her rate pls. Tx

Would u know if she is available from 18may for 2 weeks? Can she speak english?

any mommies still looking for cl? I can recommend mine :) had a good experience with her.. interested can WA me at 96572467.. can ask me questions there. easier to reply. hehe

I would like to endorse my current nanny for the really pleasant experience so far. Yes, I am doing my confinement now.
I think I am really lucky to have this nanny Jenny, Malaysian about 40 years old, I am quite sure I may have post natal blues without all her help.
Got her thru a fren's recommendation, she did confinement for my fren too. Before my Edd, she will call me to see if I coping well with pregnancy and give me useful tips.
She is really sincere, cooks well (family owns Zi Char stall); highly responsible, honest, cheerful and punctual (especially in delivering her cooked meal; I've heard stories of friends' nanny not preparing breakfast or late in preparing meal when the nanny had a late night or simply not good with time management. Not this nanny)and good with LO.
I also like it that she will find chance to educate me on how to handle LO. As a new mummy, I'd struggle with breastfeeding or handling LO plus trying to rest & recover plus managing mum who has been trying to make me follow all the old wives' tales/confinement rules.

Breastfeeding has been particularly tough and I Thank god for her who save me from engorgement twice! Otherwise, I would have gotten fever, lose the bf supply and given up on breastfeeding journey. My poor Little one would not have mummy's breast milk. How did she help me? By relentless help me massage with hot towel over and over again to clear the blockage. The water she used to soak the towel was really pretty hot, her fingers are all red but it did not stop her from helping me in the middle of the night. AND the next day, she prepared breakfast on time again and everything else was on schedule. I am so grateful that I choose her as my nanny. She is also not naggy and insist you must follow her way. Cannot stand those nanny that is so naggy, when new mummy are already so stressed!

Jenny can be reached at +65 8204 2147; +60 16 660 0358 can call her to see if she is available/interview her. I am highly recommending her.:)

Hi Joaniki,

I just called Jenny and she mentioned that she will normally rest in the afternoon after cooking lunch and wakes up to prepare dinner... Is it same for your case? Did you also placed a deposit with her??

Ya... because she says she needs to take care of bb at nite... but my fren says normally CL will slp when bb slp and there is no fixed time one... Therefore, I decided to find another one...

Ya... because she says she needs to take care of bb at nite... but my fren says normally CL will slp when bb slp and there is no fixed time one... Therefore, I decided to find another one...
Hi mummy Vonnezz,
When is your edd? perhaps I can help you.
My ex cl is doing in spore for another mummy now.
If you keen, whatsApp me at 92217257, you can contact her personally.

Hi mummy Vonnezz,
When is your edd? perhaps I can help you.
My ex cl is doing in spore for another mummy now.
If you keen, whatsApp me at 92217257, you can contact her personally.

My EDD is end Nov... But I have already confirm one, just waiting for her bank acct to put a deposit...
Will contact u if I need ur CL no...
Thanks!:)

Do I need pay for her transport fee if confinement nanny travels from customs to my home? And also on way back to customs?

This is my first time having a confinement lady so not too sure about this.

Do I need pay for her transport fee if confinement nanny travels from customs to my home? And also on way back to customs?

My confinement lady borne herself from pahang to kl.. And I do asked her if she works in SG. She said she will borne herself too..

The one I am going to engage mention that it will be good if hubby can pick her up either from woodlands or somewhere... If not possible, she will take a cab down and we just reimburse her the taxi fare...

Yes, usually nanny will ask for reimb her taxi fare otw to ur hse and return back too. If someone can fetch her then will be better.

I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!

Last edited:
I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint with us of a few months.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her great points:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Great personality - easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!
Hi can i have the contact number? Edd in Oct. Tx

Hi, I am looking for my previous confinement lady whose number I had unfortunately lost. Her name is Di Jie, from Negri Sembilan. If anybody got her number, can you please let me know. Thanks!

Yes, usually nanny will ask for reimb her taxi fare otw to ur hse and return back too. If someone can fetch her then will be better.

My CL takes a cab to my home but did not request for reimbursement.
However, please do check with the CL beforehand if you need to apply work permit for her, especially if she has been in and out of SG for more than 60 days already.

Hi, if you all looking for a confinement lady, who is malaysian and she is charging abt 2.2-2.3k include light housechore and looking after baby at night.
Her name is Ai Li, +6016 592 6437. I heard she is available in June and Oct.

I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Hi I m interested. Can I hv her contact details please? :)

Hi, dear all mummies. My Malaysian mother is working as confinement lady for 28 days. She definitely provide the best to mummy and baby and very responsible. I was proud with my mum as she never disappointed mummies. Whenever she finished her work, my mum still received calls from mummies, even Skype! She is available at Nov 2015. Please feel free to drop an email at [email protected] or you may whatsapp/ we Chat to my mum - 016 350 1867. :) Thank you.;)

Hi dear mummies. My mother is currently doing confinement for my sister and will finish in July. She will be available from August to Sept 2015. She is experienced and have done many confinement services including myself and my other sisters. Please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or a message via SMS/whatsapp at 9456 8276 if you need a CL during that period. Thanks!

Can I have Siew Yong contact numbers

Hi, did anyone engage Jenny? More review pls.

I am looking for one which able to do confinement during cny. Any other gd recommendations?

Hi dear mummies. My mother is currently doing confinement for my sister and will finish in July. She will be available from August to Sept 2015. She is experienced and have done many confinement services including myself and my other sisters. Please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or a message via SMS/whatsapp at 9456 8276 if you need a CL during that period. Thanks!

Hi may, may I know if ur mum is available in January to just before cny? Frankly my confinement month will be over cny, but I don't really want to pay extra for the cny unless it's not much of a increase. Pls advise. Thanks!

Hi, dear all mummies. My Malaysian mother is working as confinement lady for 28 days. She definitely provide the best to mummy and baby and very responsible. I was proud with my mum as she never disappointed mummies. Whenever she finished her work, my mum still received calls from mummies, even Skype! She is available at Nov 2015. Please feel free to drop an email at [email protected] or you may whatsapp/ we Chat to my mum - 016 350 1867. :) Thank you.;)

Hi Samantha, may I know if ur mum is available in January to just before cny? Frankly my confinement month will be over cny, but I don't really want to pay extra for the cny unless it's not much of a increase. Pls advise. Thanks!

Hi mummy, you may look for my confinement lady my sis & me had engage her service. Recommend her to other mummy, feedback is really thumbs up, the mummy even bring the little baby visit her again. You may call her directly 0166716281.

my fren intro her confinement lady to me, she is good in cooking n taking care of bb, u can contact her at +6019 7070 897 (MY) or 9123 3909 (SG).

My CL is awesome! She took very good care of me and my baby and she can cook very well. She is like a superwoman who doesn't take nap even when the baby keeps her up all night. She is amazing. I had her twice for 2 months each time. PM me to get her contact.

I used Silver Star Consulting 9222 2626/8282 8226/6303 0529. Their rate is reasonable and my nanny was great. She was a great help when my girl had a blocked nose and flu. She used steam to relieve my girl. She also helped to maintain my house and managed cooking. I feel blessed to have her as my CL.

hi all, would like to share my unpleasant service with my current nanny Aunty Agnes from Penang.

1) Prior to arrival
she keep asking for EDD (almost few day once) because she wanna book air ticket to come
we can only provide her the EDD given by gynae
she assume that is a confirmed delivery date and booked a 3-days later air ticket to come SG.
but one day prior to EDD gynae say baby not due yet, hence extend another week.
Called nanny and told her, she say ticket already book. If want to change, we got to bear for her next ticket (to & fro)
Since deposit has already been paid, we have no choice but to obliged.

2) Arrrival
she reached my place at 2pm. Starting to familiarise the place, cookwares and baby stuffs.
then suddenly she told us, she just had wrist operation recently, cant take heavy stuff.
And said that god bless i did not give birth on that EDD which i mentioned earlier. Else she also dont know what to do.

3) Housechores
She wash baby clothes using washing machine. Same goes to mine and her.
supposed to be hand washed. but she insist using washing, saying that nobody hand wash.
she also mentioned that past families she worked for all had maids. Usually maid will do the washing, including washing her clothings. So she doesnt need to wash.
After washing need to dry using bamboo. She doesn't know how to bring down a bamboo from the holder at ceiling. Again she said past families got maid to do, otherwise the bamboo is electronic type. Not these manual kind.

she also did not wash my hubby clothing even though is using washing machine.
3days later she told my dad she just had wrist operation, cant mop floor. So? My dad will he helping her to mop.

She is very forgetful. Kettle boiling but she cant hear the whistle. Because she closed the room door.
Twice she tried to fill the pail with water and forget to off the tap, so the water just drip.

4) Meals
There was one day she forget to boil my red date longan tea. Luckily i have extra flask of that to sustain.

One of the dinner she asked me what time i want to eat, told her 7pm as im not hungry. Meal was ready at 6.30pm and she ask me to eat while its hot.

5) Baby care
As im still increasing BM supplies, usually i will express it and store in fridge, accumulate to one serving for baby.
She took my BM and mix with FM to make it one serving. Told her she cant do that as it will destroy BM nutrients.
It happened the 2nd again. I repeat myself to her do not mix.
She said all past families do this, nobody dont mix, all also mix to feed, its ok.
otherwise very troublesome to feed BM and feed FM seperately.

There was one night-feeding where hubby saw her shaking the baby very hard and pressing the bottle teat to baby asking him to drink, but baby was pushing the bottle away. She just shake him hard wanting him to drink. She said this is the way, it's like that one.

The next day feeding i was in the room with baby and nanny, she told baby that daddy dont know how to feed, this is the way to feed.

One occasion night-feeding baby was hungry. Earlier than expected time, happened that my hubby walk past and take a look, she commented to him that its my fault that i control the volume of milk, now baby get hungry early

Today, baby have not yet cried for milk, but 2hours has reached, she make FM and feed him. She say time is up, he is hungry.

6) Overall
She is dishonest by not telling us in advance she had operation. Else we wont hire her
She talk bad about hubby infront of baby and me, vice versa she told hubby that i did not give baby enough volume.
She is one CL that do not know how to use bamboo and bring clothes out to sun-dry.
She keep mentioning all past families has maid to do the chores, she is so god-bless that she dont have to do.
Seems like we are sharing her workload rather than hiring her to help us.

Anyway we have decided to send her back after using her for 1 week.

2015-09-29 20.22.27.png

Preshious, sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Need to ask if anyone has any experience about picking confinement aunty from Woodlands? Cos my confinement aunty 1st time come to Spore, and I have no idea how to go fetch her from Woodlands?
E.g, where should she wait for hubby? How to contact her when she reached Woodlands, does her Msian mobile phone still works? How can I ask hubby or someone who is picking her up, to recognize her?

hi all, would like to share my unpleasant service with my current nanny Aunty Agnes from Penang.

1) Prior to arrival
she keep asking for EDD (almost few day once) because she wanna book air ticket to come
we can only provide her the EDD given by gynae
she assume that is a confirmed delivery date and booked a 3-days later air ticket to come SG.
but one day prior to EDD gynae say baby not due yet, hence extend another week.
Called nanny and told her, she say ticket already book. If want to change, we got to bear for her next ticket (to & fro)
Since deposit has already been paid, we have no choice but to obliged.

2) Arrrival
she reached my place at 2pm. Starting to familiarise the place, cookwares and baby stuffs.
then suddenly she told us, she just had wrist operation recently, cant take heavy stuff.
And said that god bless i did not give birth on that EDD which i mentioned earlier. Else she also dont know what to do.

3) Housechores
She wash baby clothes using washing machine. Same goes to mine and her.
supposed to be hand washed. but she insist using washing, saying that nobody hand wash.
she also mentioned that past families she worked for all had maids. Usually maid will do the washing, including washing her clothings. So she doesnt need to wash.
After washing need to dry using bamboo. She doesn't know how to bring down a bamboo from the holder at ceiling. Again she said past families got maid to do, otherwise the bamboo is electronic type. Not these manual kind.

she also did not wash my hubby clothing even though is using washing machine.
3days later she told my dad she just had wrist operation, cant mop floor. So? My dad will he helping her to mop.

She is very forgetful. Kettle boiling but she cant hear the whistle. Because she closed the room door.
Twice she tried to fill the pail with water and forget to off the tap, so the water just drip.

4) Meals
There was one day she forget to boil my red date longan tea. Luckily i have extra flask of that to sustain.

One of the dinner she asked me what time i want to eat, told her 7pm as im not hungry. Meal was ready at 6.30pm and she ask me to eat while its hot.

5) Baby care
As im still increasing BM supplies, usually i will express it and store in fridge, accumulate to one serving for baby.
She took my BM and mix with FM to make it one serving. Told her she cant do that as it will destroy BM nutrients.
It happened the 2nd again. I repeat myself to her do not mix.
She said all past families do this, nobody dont mix, all also mix to feed, its ok.
otherwise very troublesome to feed BM and feed FM seperately.

There was one night-feeding where hubby saw her shaking the baby very hard and pressing the bottle teat to baby asking him to drink, but baby was pushing the bottle away. She just shake him hard wanting him to drink. She said this is the way, it's like that one.

The next day feeding i was in the room with baby and nanny, she told baby that daddy dont know how to feed, this is the way to feed.

One occasion night-feeding baby was hungry. Earlier than expected time, happened that my hubby walk past and take a look, she commented to him that its my fault that i control the volume of milk, now baby get hungry early

Today, baby have not yet cried for milk, but 2hours has reached, she make FM and feed him. She say time is up, he is hungry.

6) Overall
She is dishonest by not telling us in advance she had operation. Else we wont hire her
She talk bad about hubby infront of baby and me, vice versa she told hubby that i did not give baby enough volume.
She is one CL that do not know how to use bamboo and bring clothes out to sun-dry.
She keep mentioning all past families has maid to do the chores, she is so god-bless that she dont have to do.
Seems like we are sharing her workload rather than hiring her to help us.

Anyway we have decided to send her back after using her for 1 week.

View attachment 578311
Hi preshious.
I am facing the same problem and same cl like you. What you post are the true.aunty agnes really this kind of person.she always like to talk how good the previous families treat her.everyday keep repeat the same things.preshious, good job .we should post this out in order to let more mummy to be to know and alert so that they wont be the next victim as us.suppose hire her to reduce our workload but at last no.to become sharing her workload make us cant really get enough rest in our confinement.

Back