Any good CL to recommend? My EDD is around CNY 2012

blue_sun80

Hi Mummies and MTBs, my EDD is around CNY in 2012, January.. I have read a lot of reviews and I am really lost now.. I need advices and any recommendations.. esp, for mummies who have had confinement during CNY period. I am so scared that I will meet 1 of those CLs who give so much problems and pressures...

Hi All,

I would like to recommend my nanny auntie yawen.
I'm a first time mommy and had just delivered my baby girl.
Auntie Yawen had been a great help during my confinement.

When i first tried and struggled with breastfeeding she was supportive and encouraging. She will gently advise but not insistent on her methods. She took very good care of baby & me.
By the 4th day, my milk production improved, and i produced enough to satisfy my baby's needs.

BY the end of the week, our maid started to give us problems and we had to send her back to the agency. During the 3 weeks we were without a maid, auntie was amazing!
She took care of all the household chores incl. cleaning the toilet, laundry, mopping and sweeping floor every morning, even gardening. PLUS took care of baby PLUS cook for me ( and sometimes my family), PLUS buy groceries, and she sleeps with baby so she will wake up several times at night for night feeds. SHe did all this without us asking and never once complained. when my new maid arrived, she took the initiative to train and familiarize the maid with our household chores.
I could tell she loved our baby like her own and is very good with our baby. She discharges her duties responsibly and diligently. And she also very cheerful. She's also a very good cook, all thanks to all the yummy n nutritious food she'd been feeding me with, i have a very good milk supply. i even have to store excess in my freezer,
WE are all very grateful to her and will highly recommend her to anybody looking for a good confinement nanny.
I have created a Facebook page for her with pictures of her and the food she cooks. Search for 'Auntie Yawen" or by her email [email protected].
happy.gif

Dear Kellysmommy, thanks for the recommendation. I will contact Auntie Yawen directly. The pictures looked great and she looks very friendly and assuring too..

Need recommendation during that period also. Around end Jan 2012... any more recommendations??

Dear Mummies,

I am still doing my confinement and I would like to recomend my CL to you. I call her Aunty Sabrina. Her Singapore number is +65-81055776 and her malaysia number is +60-164681225.

However, if you all would like to meet her, you can pop over my place to meet to her. Let us see if we can arrange anything, just email me at [email protected]. She is leaving Singapore this coming Monday. Nonetheless do not worry, she is here pretty often. That also mean, you may wish to book her as early as you wish, she can be pretty booked. She might have a slot for Jan. She told me that she intend to take a break, but you can contact her.

You can also read about her from http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/3522388.html

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3491207.html?1281578381

I met Aunty Sabrina at my best friend's place during her confinement in 2010. This was my first impression of her
1. Friendly and pleasant looking
2. Cook good food (tried her dishes as I knew I was going to be preggy)
3. Really takes care of the mother (fusses over my best friend - NOT naggy)
4. Clean and Neat

My personal experience with her

1. Responsible

A. She called before my delivery to give me a list of things to buy, ensured that I have all things ready for the arrival of the baby.
B. She also called my hubby afew times to check if my delivery is smooth or over- had a few fake labours.
c. When she came to my house, she ensures that my baby is well bath, changed fed and even ensures that myself, hubby, maid, parents and in laws learns how to bath the baby.
D. She checks on me when I breastfeed my baby to ensures that she is safely on my bed (I had nightmares of flinging an anteater sucking on my breasts in the beginning)

2. Helpful. I love snacks from penang, asked her to buy them for me, she willingly did it and even bought her hometown oil for my baby.

3. Good Cook. Her food is tasty, but what is most admorable is that she is willing to change the style of cooking to suit the family.

4. Not calculative. She is willing to cook for my guests and my in laws when they pop over. Even though I told her not to do laundary or clean the dishes as my maid can help, she helps still in those area.

5. Systematic. This is what I love most about her. She has a fixed timing of when to sun my highly Jaundice baby, bath, cook, prepares my tea, and she even slot in teaching my maid to cook. She is not all over the place yet she is not overbearing.

6. Experience
She has a wealth of experience. She is able to explain what are the different herbs for. And is able to give advice for baby. The greatest benefit of her experience is that she is still in touch with her old clients. So this becomes a good network. Like when I need help like buying of 1st month baby clothes, she called her ex client to ask for contacts to buy nice clothes.
She is very chatty so she is very willing to share her experience with you.

7. Truly loves the baby
I see how she actually plays with the baby.. hard to describe you actully see that she really cares and plays with her. She is very watchful when other people comes near the baby, but she is not offensive, rather she teaches them to handle the child. I find it interesting that she takes effort to dress up my baby girl even for her sleep time. But that shows she takes pride in her job.

I do hope you all will enjoy her stay with you too!

Hi Felicia
can you help me ask her if she is willing to travel to Japan to help me with my confinement from abt mid dec ?

Hi Kurisu,

I did not see your post sorry as I am seldom in this page, no she is fully booked till April from what I have gathered from her so far. So sorry!

Hello,
I gave birth in sept and would like to recommend my confinement lady. She is from Indonesia, Batam. Her daughter's no +6282171581006. she is still wif me. Anyone interested can PM me.

Hi linnybb, thanks for sharing.

This similar thing also happened to me.
I would like to share what happened during my confinement period which I got my nanny from PEM.

When I was discharged the nanny was sent only on the 3rd day instead of the date I was discharged, reason given that 1st nanny have some urgent thing cropped up at her home, so when nanny arrived S'pore, she needs to U-turn back to Malaysia. Then 2nd nanny was sent and after nanny worked for about 5days, PEM called up say 2nd nanny's family someone hospitalised so 2nd nanny need to go home right away. We went without any nanny again for another 2days. And 3rd nanny was sent after we waited for 2days, but this nanny really headache. She keep pushing baby to me when baby cries. Keep saying baby hungry. A few times I found out that baby diapers wet and sometimes poo poo that is why baby cries but nanny does not seem interested to check.
Nanny seem like on the daze. She looks like lots of thing occupied in her mind.
When i questioned her, she gave me the unhappy look and say if not happy can call agent to change nanny.

Such a lousy service given,
I would urge all mummies,

do not engage PEM Confinement. We hired them after seeing all the promises in their website saying they are the 1st and top nanny agency in Singapore but gave such a lousy service to us.
When I questioned PEM on their service, they apologized and gave reason that they are not very organize as there is internal conflict. They are sorting out things.
I wonder why they tell me all these as these are not my concern.

It is such a headache with this agency.

PEM promised to have a CL on the first day, but were unable to provide saying nanny have some urgent thing crop up nanny need to U-turn back to Malaysia.
The 3rd nanny even said that PEM pleaded her last minute to come to work and PEM has always being giving same excuses to their customers and THIS EXCUSE IS A COMMON EXCUSE USED BY PEM!
This nanny even have the cheek to ask me to introduce my friends to her directly without going through the agent.

When PEM came to take the 2nd nanny away, they said 3rd nanny will be replaced the next day, but all this never happened.
Instead we waited till the 3rd day for the 3rd nanny to come. Again repeating of delays.

During taking sales, PEM promised many things. How good are their nannies. All their nannies are professional, well trained, support breastfeeding etc.. but all are NONSENSE !! Some more they keep boasting they are the TOP 1 CONFINEMENT NANNY AGENCY in Singapore.
And when I called up to stop the 3rd nanny and ask for refund cause I paid the full payment using Citibank Easy Payment credit card, they said no refund will be given as I am the one who wants to stop, not nanny. I argued that they are the one who cannot provide on time as what they promised and 3rd nanny is not very keen to work and always in the daze. But they just insisted no refund that made me no choice cause MONEY ALL GIVEN!!
It is one after another frustration.
So frustrated!

And worst thing, I did not receive any levy invoice from CPF.
If you did not receive any payment advice from our CPF board, that means nannies worked without a valid working permit!!!
That's what happened to me.
If found out report to Ministry of Manpower straight.

I would urge all mummies,

do not engage PEM CONFINEMENT.

PEM over promised but not able to deliver, and the most shocking thing we found out that the 3rd nanny IRENE YONG NYUK YIN (AH LIAN)
is the one who cheats many mothers who directly taking deposits and never turn up to work.
From this I gather that PEM's claim of all their CL are exclusive to them is BUT a BIG LIE !!!
Below link shows what this 3rd nanny did to many mothers. This PEM nanny is published all over the newspaper for cheating. It is a shocking news to me. Good thing I never recommend her, service so bad still expect recommendation.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5099671.html?1318247676

I urge all mummies who have engaged PEM CL to check the work permit with PEM.
When I called up PEM again asking why I did not receive any levy payment, they said they have applied and sometimes MOM will missed out due to document error.
This made me suspicious and I emailed MOM telling them what happened as I do not wish to get into trouble with the authority.
What a big mistake engaging PEM!!

To all parents who looking at my post...

GOD bless you if you have engaged PEM. Make sure they don't send you the same nanny IRENE YONG NYUK YIN (AH LIAN)

PEM is the same "GUA4 YANG2 TOU2 MAI4 GOU2 ROU4" agency.
If you get this nanny report immediately to Ministry of Manpower Hotline at 64385122

Now we are assisting MOM in the investigation.
What a mess we are in!!!

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on wat to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc. When i was desperate for breast milk, she used very very hot towel and massaged my breasts. I was very appreciative to her and not all CLs do that due to the heat from the towels. My other Singaporean CL can't be bothered and ask me to do it myself and even made stupid remarks like - aiyoh ur BM so little dun think it will ever be enough for your boy! Auntie Fong is very clean and showers every time after she cooks. She pays particular attention to details and make recommendations on how we can better plan our day after she is gone.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (u can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.

Hi, i can recommend my confinement lady to whoever who needs.

I'm currently still doing confinement , so you all can talk to her.

She's from Indonesia, batam. Recommended by my friend.
She's willing to work throughout the CNy.

She can cook confinement food and take good care of the baby.
When she's done with the main chores, she will mop and sweep the floor. Her hygiene level is high also.

Anyone keen to find out more, can pm me or email me:

[email protected]

Hi,

Have a good CL to recommend. Have already recommended her to 4 mummies in SMH. SHe is booked till next yr Aprl currently.

SHe was my CL for my twins in this Jan, taking care of them herself even during night time :)

SHe cooks nice confinement food ( for yourself and family ), and does baby laundry :)

can email me for more details

[email protected]

Hi, I just finished my confinement and thought it would be useful to share my confinement nanny with those seeking one. Her name is Huang Tai and referred by few friends to me! Having heard many horror stories bout cl I was really scared to hire one but Huang tai proved otherwise, she's very versatile in her cooking, my husband enjoyed her food as well, very experienced with handling newborns, throughout my pregnancy Huang tai would call once or twice a month to make sure I'm eating right even throughout pregnancy. She sleeps in the nursery w my child and she takes such good care of her that I can rest throughout the night and recuperate during the period. I am so glad shes not like other nannies who is just doing a job, but treat my child like her own frandchild. On baby's Man Yue she made a basket of red eggs as well as many variety of desserts for the party. I totally recommend Huang tai as your nanny if you are looking for one. Her number is 83090545. Just sharing a contact w new mums as I fully understand how important good help is to new mothers. Cheers, Cheryl

I'm doing my confinement now and my whole family's impressed with my CL. Very experienced, cooks well, responsible, initiative, neat & tidy, hardworking lady. Treats bb like her own child. Very loving motherly care.

She's supportive of breastfeeding and brings bb to me every 3 hrs for latching, after which she prepares formula milk as my milk ss is low. If it had been other CL who wants less trouble, i'm sure it'll be forumula milk all the way! Sometimes she helps massage my boobs to clear my blocked ducts and keeps encouraging me to persevere on in my moo-moo career.

Being a first time mum, I'm glad to have her around to take care of me & bb.

I'll highly recommend my CL. PM me if you are keen to know more. I understand she's avail during CNY, after which she's booked till April/May. I'm not earning any commission from this. Just want to share a good CL only.

Hi
Has anyone confirmed any confinement ladies for later part of this year?
I called up a few and was quote $2500 twice. One quote me $2200.
$2500 seems abit steep. is that the mkt price now?

hi mummies, i've received a few PM regarding my CL. She informed me recently that she has family commitments and won't be taking up any assignments this year and prob next yr too...

Hope u can find a good CL soon!

to all mums,

i wanna recommend my confinement lady auntie ah Kee if you are looking for a good reliable and trustworthy confinement lady.

Im still doing confinement now so if you wanna speak to her u may call her singapore number.84395879

I even extended her till mid august to help me.
Im not advertising for her. i jus find her V nice and wishes that she gets more jobs.
auntie Ah kee say as long as work happy, everyone happy can liao.

Pros:
1. Super clean, Baths and change of clothes after every cooking
2. Starts her day early ard 7
3. Very systematic. she bathes baby every morning are 9am and cleans her again in the evening ard 6pm.
4. prepares my water for shower every evening and after i shower she'll always ensure i have warm chicken essence/ birds nest.
5.easily awakes for night feeds and i can leave my baby in her good hands.
6. not lazy. evening if she has time for rest during noon she will only rest awhile then start to find things to do.
7.easy going. doesnt mind cooking for the family. she can eat left overs from us and she doesnt mind
8. always ensure im not hungry and my portion of food is always quite a huge serving. whereas, herself, she eats simple veg w rice or leftovers
9. doesnt mind sleeping in the living room as we have no rooms for her.
10.always makes HOT towel for me before BF and ensure i have my longan drink during BF and very encouraging when i dun have enuf milk

cons:
food has not much variation. however i dun mind as the food she cooks is tasty enuf.

Please email me if u need verification.
[email protected]

Back