Any give birth Mummy that live in yishun ??

Zinie
U SHOULD!
proud.gif

Hello all mummies...stay cheerful and happy always

Teenoyl

Wah u give me pressure also...thinking of "MILK"

Zinie

I am 31 years old. Wow, u 21 huh, how great to be a young mum. keep in touch
btw my wedding anniversary is 3/3 hehe

Wynn

Yup, me still got 7 days to go...but i'm the kind that break the rules, i dun follow confinement rules strictly..it's impossible.. like not washing hair, bath oso another issue, hate to use the herbal wash, the more i use it to bathe the hotter i feel.After shower before wiping myself dry already sweating like pig liao, wipe sweat instead..(i noe i still can laugh now wait till i really suffer the after effects then will realised hor)if follow stricly, i tink sure have post natal blues..cannot wash hair will make me miserable already....

teenoyl (Nepia enforcement)..i am staying @ blk 115C...

gwen...i cut my hair short before i deliver cos knowing not able to bath for the whole month..but i was lucky becos during my confinement, the weather was quite cooling becos it dec..and my place is very windy when coming to year-end period...

teenoyl,

Can I know which flr u staying? Yr flr got so many bb ah....

My flr hor all grown up liao leh. Thk only my kids wearing diapers....

Teenoyl,
hmm ok tink i m gg to change after i use finish my dryper..u n duchness keep saying is very good..hmmm muz try it out.. keke... if i wanna buy can tompang u ma or duchness ??? btw how much is the nepia ar??

Gwen,

nt reali a very young mum la.. heehee....cos i married early ma...heehee...ok i will msg u...wow..ur anniversary also double date one..tink yishun mum like double date ,heehee..my fav no is 7 n i m very you yua to 7 one.. hee.. like i go steady wif my hubby alos on 7.. my babya EDd should be on the 7 but she came out late.. lots of 7 for me.. heehee...

Tigger,

wow.. ur ROm also on the 7/7..hmm maybe i got saw u n u saw me that date.. heehee.. wad time u ROm ar???u mean u ROM this yr or many yr le???

Teenolyn ,

u also got double date ROm heehee.. 8/8... wow.. reali so many double date le...heehee..btw teenoyl , u n wyn stay same blk ar??wow... good le.. u can go meet her up to chit chat.. heehe..

i agree wif u teenoyl can add one more collum for our wedding date..heeheee

teenoyl,
paiseh lah.
i gave u pressure huh? didn't mean it lah. I just dunno how to create the table that you did. Dumb lah.

teenoyl,
Oh u stay 2nd flr. I know there is a China lady with a girl abt 10mths. I thk so. Her granny always carry her for stroll at the void deck of 299. I am not sure abt the 6 mths bb leh. And I also know there is an Indian family who speaks Mandarin.

I met them when I brought my boy downstairs to stroll some weeks ago.

I stay at 9 flr.

Usually I ordered 2 cartons of Nepia because both my kids wearing L size though one is 25 mths and the other is 6 mths...

Zinie
When u order, the price is S$14/pkt (standard price, all sizes) incl. delivery. U can find size M and abv only at Fairprice. For NB & S u got to order or u can find it at Meiya @ Liang Court. Min order is 4pkts. The cutting is bigger, actually.
lol.gif

Duchess
Jes joking lah.. Since I quite free in office, I help to update lah, hor! Type-type, make myself look "Busy".
lame.gif

Baby Cutie
Wah.. U knoe my neighbour more than me!
embarrassed.gif
. Yah!yah! Dat China family. Oohh.. the bb 10mths har? Hmm.. very friendly family.. They lived at the other side of the lift from me.

I always bring my bb down on Saturdays afternn abt 5pm, to wait for his papa to return from work.

Oohh so u stayed at the 9th floor. Facing the main road or the park? I just moved in last year June holiday. Actually looking for a higher floor but the mkt price can really burn a VERY BIG hole in our CPF and pocket!
uhoh.gif
Cannot afford.

Wynn

Datz a gd idea to cut short your hair. But I dun look good in short hair. somemore now i am waiting for my hair to grow longer a bit then go and perm it. That's y very hot lah,"zhi zhuo zhi shou"... but hor my house like oven mann... u noe afternoon time if its a sunny day, you turn on the tap water, i think the water can boil eggs straightaway.

zinie

I am staying with my mother in law but confinement period i am at my mum's house. After confinement will go back mil's place at bukit panjang. Me intend to take care of my baby boy myself since not working. But tot of looking for a job outside and leave him in mil's care, cos hor if everyday take care of children also become very bored one.

teenoyl,
My unit faces the park.

So u just moved in last yr. No wonder I kept thinking who is it that have 2 kids but I don't happen to bump into. Maybe the timing is not right...hehehe

Is there a neighbour who has a grandparent driving freelance yellowcab?

So what size of diapers yr kids wearing? Yr elder kid still wearing?

I heard the price increase to $15/pkt leh... How true huh? I have not make my order yet because still have stock from last purchase in July.

Baby Cutie

Me facing the park too, or for my case, facing the foot of the hill!!

I reached home earliest about 7.30pm. Always take 169 or 965. Same timing?

That yellow cab driver uncle is my next door neighbour! His DIL is the one just gave birth last month - bb boy.

Also got a young malaysian couple moved in abt 2 months back... Every night play mahjong so wondering if can see their junior soon!

My baby going to 3 months next week. Still wearing "S" size. Wah! price increase huh! I bought just last week, tompang a mommy from Sembawang!

Wanted to put him in Chong Fu Pri, the best school in Yishun. But after some tots, we prefer to put him in single session. So we will be heading straight to PeiXin Pri. Just across the road! Can tompang the opp. neighbour when she send her 2 girls to school next year too!! Me the Tompang Queen! he!he!
kao_happy.gif

oh thank teenoyl for the nepia information.. btw wad the no i can call?? hw abt i gg to use finish i see whether u got buy ma then i tompang u...heehee.. hope u dun mind....

Teenolyn, u reali tink a lot wen u gg to sent ur boy to primary school..u reali a wonderful n good mummy ar.. heehee... well done teenoyl...
kao_smile.gif

Gwen.. oh so after confirmenet u are gg bk to bukit pangjang le.. haiz.. will nt be able to meet up wif u le.. tot u staying in yishun al lthe way.. heeheee..anyway keep in touch ar.. : )
kao_smile.gif

Zinie

Wen your princess starts schooling, you will also be one kanchiong and kiasu mommy!
biggrin.gif
As parents, we wanted the best for them. Right?
kao_kiss.gif

Not able to give you phone no now cos the no. at home. Tomorrow mayb? Dun mind sharing with you!
kao_happy.gif

teenoyl,
I oso wanted to send my girl to Chong Fu but thk chance may be slim leh. Every year needs balloting. Chong Fu not single session meh?

R u staying near the mosque. Mine is on the right side when u exit the lift door.

Your timing not same as mine. I oso take 169 or 965 after I alight at Yishun MRT. Usually I reach around 6.15pm. So timing buay gam.

Zinie/Duchess
Oohh.. I totally forgot abt the no. Duchess thxs!
embarrassed.gif

Baby Cutie
I think P1&P2 afternoon, the rest morning session (or is it the other way round?)
uhoh.gif

I went to ChongFu yesterday... More than 2km so with only abt 40++ place left, chances very, very slim. With balloting and all, we headed to Peixin.

Got a place right away (less than 1km). Talk with 1 gentleman we met there. He stayed 246. Asked why he not sending his son at Xishan. Nearer mah. He said grade no good. ChongFu ballot. Peixin second best. Yishun third best. Ahmad Ibrahim, high turnover. Always have to rely on relief teacher!! So we quite happy with our choice of Primary school.
blush.gif

My flat on left side of lift, with lots of birds... (my dad's)..

teenoyl,
So that's yr unit. Hehehe I always tot it belongs to Malay family.....

Once in a blue moon my FIL will come over. And will bring my girl to stroll. She will point and said bird. hehehehe

So Peixin also gd huh.... Hmmm...maybe that will be our next choice lor if we can't get into ChongFu.

I thot of joining the SHHK but they need 2 referrals which I can't find. Then I got no time for volunteer work oso.

oh teenoyl u mau;ay,i alaso tot u chinese le.. heehee...u working rite??

babycuite u n teenoyl so mear can meeet up ma.. heehee....

Ladies,
I've kind of forgotten what to bring to hospital when i due to deliver.
Care to enlighten me not?

I haven't even start purchasing things for my 2nd baby girl. hahah.. seems like i already have most of the things so i dunno what to get.

Duchess

Let u peek in my lamaze bag:
kao_dizzy.gif

Appointment card.
Admission form.
Cash for taxi ride.
Coins to buy drinks from vending machine.

For B/C registration & submission of BB Bonus
I/C of both parents
B/C of elder child
Our Savings Book

For myself:
Maternity pad
Nursing Bra
Disposal maternity panties
Toiletries
Home-going clothes
"Smelly" pillow

For baby
Receiving blanket
Romper
Cap, mitten, booties

I bought less than 10 sets of clothings for my bb - NB and 0-3 sizes only. A lot of mittens and socks. Still need to buy some new clothes for new member of family right?

Now he's 2months plus, outgrown most of his clothes and now wearing his elder brother's hand-me-down.

For hospital, when they want us to pay upfront during discharge time, (I gave birth before managed to pay for deposit) we told them "No.. U calculate everything for us, and after Medisave and all, u billed to us. In the end, I pay S$0. Everything deducted from CPF.
kao_happy.gif

Teenoyl,

For the baby bonus, how is it like?
for 2nd baby, the cash portion is given 1 time or what?

then the $ for $ contribution, also can explain to me huh?

For the hospital bag, thanks for the info. i'll try to pack some by this week.... almost 33 weeks liao.

Where did u deliver?

Actually i didn't buy any new clothes for 2nd baby. I have lotsa from my elder girl, some even brandnew cos by the time i bought it, she already cannot wear...

(u all mus be wondering why then i buy) hahaha...
impluse buying lor...

Duchess

I gave birth at NUH. Give birth at 1pm, next day after lunch, go home already! Prefer to rest on the comfort of my bed.

Try to explain as much as I noe, k..
BB Bonus
within 3wks, 6mths, 12mths, 18mths = $750/deposit into OUR a/c
My colleague got her 12+18 mths ie. $1500 on her son's 12mths.

When u apply for BB bonus, they will help u to open 1 a/c for BB. This a/c, every mth, say on 1/9/06 u deposit $100 then on 30/9/06, govt top-up $100. Then on 20/10/06, you deposit $50, on 31/10/06 govt top-up $50 lor! - This money CANNOT withdraw one! Its for their education such as childcare.

Primary school different a/c already leh.. Get to that some other time!

teenoyl,
So we get the the bb bonus in different mths? Hehehe I thought get it in one shot. We got our first payment of $750 already. So we should be expecting another $750? My boy is 6 mth on 1 Aug.

the baby bonus is divide into 4 parts is correct but for the open acc is only for second baby,third n fourth ,the first baby dun have the privleage for the acc.. yea u put in 100 govt also will also put in 100 but they only let us put till 2000 if i m nt wrong..

babycutie,
the baby bonus is every 6 month they will put it in ...meaning u get the first payment already rite??then u count 6 month later wat month then they will put it in.. so total is 4 times.... 750 X 4 = 3000

Zinie,
Thanks for the info.

Duchess,
Yes can use the a/c to pay for siblings education fees. We are using our boy's a/c to pay for our girl's Childcare fee.

zinie,
we are talking abt co saving for 2nd, 3rd and 4th child.

I did not get bb bonus when I gave birth to my girl in June 2004 because it is only implemented in Aug 2004.

So my girl has no cash bonus at all.

Then when I gave birth to my boy in Feb this year, he is entitled 3K cash bonus and Co saving plan (up to $6000).

So we use this co. saving to pay for my girl's childcare fees.

Too bad my elder one can't make use of his younger brother's.. Cos we have to open his own Edusave A/C when he starts Primary sch next year..
proud.gif

But the younger one will have the money all to himself.. For us, we dun have to worry abt his Child Care fees anymore!
talker.gif

Read somewhere that after childcare, the next institute that accepts BB Bonus is Uni. ??
uhoh.gif

teenoyl,
Is it?? Wah if dun get to Uni how???

Thk by the time my younger boy starts CC, his sis may have used up his co saving liao hor...hehehehe... Can $12K support 2 kids at CC from nursery till K2?? Impossible right??

hehe,
for us, my newborn baby might not to get to use her "co saving" cos before that, my Nicole (elder) might already deplete the savings already.

hi there...i am back!!!

teenoyl...i also thought u are a chinese too...heehee..

so are u the only malay mummies in this thread??

i also want to send my boy to CC but not sure which one to select..i am still thinking should i send him to the centre near my office which is raffles or somewhere near my place..sigh...

any good recommendation??

duchess..i heard that the one @ 3rd floor of polyclinic is quite ex...so how do u find the centre?? how is the charges?? can let me have some info...i might consider there cos i have direct bus from my place to there and going back..
biggrin.gif

Duchess / Wynn
My son going for 3rd mth jab at poly tomorrow. Me going to
uhoh.gif
the 3rd floor CC.

Tot transport provided? If me, I prefer to send my child near workplace. Then again, the fees play a part too lah..

Wynn,
To be truthful, I fall in love with the place becos of the whole wooden "playground" structure in their gym.

Another plus i think is they have the entire floor to themselve. Each class got their own classroom and they dun "share" their areas with other older children, unlike those that's under the HDB flat in the void decks. This is important to me due to the FHMD cos sharing area means more chances of exposure to the dieaseas and other common illness.

Teenoyl,
Hope you will like the place.
Transport can be provided at a cost lah. not free. 1 way is 47, 2 way i think 60 plus.

The fees i paid including 1-way school bus and material fees is $458 if i'm correct. Cos hubby wrote them cheque and i can't be bothered to remember lah. Infantcare fees is $750 after workingmom subsidy (i just asked this morning!)

Safra one more expensive, and full already. Infantcare just started recently.

The one on top of NTUC at 846 is full and they dun take in younger kids from 2003, (this is old news - not updated since we enrole with Carpe Diem)

Back