Any Flying mothers around?

blessed,

If me not wrong, all the mummies and MTB here all not with SQ anymre..

But most of us still hav frendz flying, so no lack of updates/gossips to entertain us.My hb is CC.

Actually hav many gossips lor, but ok to post anot? Sacarely kena defamation suit !!
kao_clap.gif

wahhaha sungrapes u very cute leh!! but den my ex team ger just spoke to me not long ago, she said hor nowadays flts very diff from last time laioz.. den culture oso diff laioz..

Sungrapes
Yes,I have a girl and a boy and the older one is a girl. The age gap is pretty big as between the years, am busy with other things and also I have got no help and thought that with bigger gap, I can manage better.

There are pros and cons in having such a big gap. Bad thing is that everything is like starting all over again and my age is catching up, very tiring..Thus, hired a maid to help cos I cannot cope with my gal mentally and my boy physically....Got to coach gal for her studies...

I think hubby go on flight is a
time for me to do my own things...Quite used to this type of life style...

Hung
I think mothercare in LONDON is cheaper, right?

Hung

orh.. i think my ex team girls got from ur batches but not very close ones la
happy.gif

yeah Joy its cheaper in London and oso HK

hi Hung,

congrats on knowing bb gender! now can buy more stuff
happy.gif
...ya mothercare stuff are cute but so exp leh...ask ur HB to buy from mothercare europe shld b much cheaper right. Me senior ah, means old liao loh hahaha. but i fly 2 yrs only n then went to aus to study with my hb (then BF).

sungrapes

you very funny
happy.gif
... u mean got gossip in general or abt concelia? hehehe...there was another batch gal who was close to her, but fam is rich, mother a doc, she broke the bond coz she cant take the hardship.

ya loh, not sure will get into trouble not leh if we openly gossip here. i also know afew indo FSS like to find angmoh bf/hb... so they will change europe flt very often coz their bfs live in other ctries.

ya like wat morraine has mentioned, my friend still in there also say now change liao, not like last time.

so oso blessings in disguise for us lor.. nowadays do flts very diff already.. not so carefree like last time.. come to think of it, i really very pei fu those who can stay in the airline from young to old!!

Hung,
CONGRATS!!! hehe i love bb girls... hehe can doll them up. I find buying clothes for girls so much easier hehe n more variety. I went shopping with another mummy who has a boy but we could hardly find anything interesting for her boy except shoes n caps
happy.gif

Wah came back from shopping. Met my ex team gal n her hb (also CC). I think havent seen her for quite some time already n she was really shocked when she saw me with a bb.

My gf also told me the culture change liao. I've absolutely no idea what's its like now! but my friends told me the standard drop alot compared to last time.

hey if wanna buy girls clothings, must go united square. I got really pretty clothes for my girl there. Aiyo so pretty leh. The shop name is Gingersnaps on level 2 i think. Or this brand Chateau De Sable, the clothes very nice but pricey only lor.

Wah work from young to old in the airline... dunno whether its advantageous or not leh. I know this CSS who "retired" after contract not renewed then now she is working for a restaurant as waitress leh. I wonder if she had left earlier n start a career younger, she might have been more successful rather than being a waitress lor.

Wat waitress? Are you sure? At least with her experience she can be manager wat??

Of course work fr young to old is a disadvantage la. Unless we can work til 60-65years old, need not look for another job, can retire, shake legs then is avantage.

<font color="0000ff">Concelia</font>, I nod her bcos I used to do flts with her. That's was long long time ago... Nice gal. But she resigned and married. Now in Indo.

Wonder wat culture has chg in the airline? Can't wait to find out.

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, you said my boy is so guai type? wait till you see him or his others photos..

petite,

yeah its true. i chat with her a few times lor. sometimes she gives me big portion of food hehe. but yeah she either be waitress at the restaurant or at the gourmet shop. poor thg lor.

blessed,
me dun noe concelia leh! so can i gossip abt other ppl?

Hmm..u all noe those tyrants after they retire/golden handshake, wat becm of them?

one of them working in watsons at the airport..another one was spotted walking in bedok in her red sandals, dangling a jcl sockett pouch in her hands.

to think tat in their heydays, they instilled so much fear and authority..nw they either becm salesman or butlers.

SQ culture
Last time we say in STC during training, anythg tat moves we automatic will turn ard and say 'gd morning'. We bump into a chair or table we auto say 'sorry'.

On board kena zap still muz smile like we deserve it. Got 1 CCE last time ask me 'y r u still smiling? Do u find it very funny?'

Wah lau! dun smile die, smile oso die. Smtimes, i will hide in toilet juz to rest my face muscles, can feel my face cramping up frm smiling.

Talk 2 much,scared say wrong thgs.Dun talk they say got attitude problem..SIGH!!

My hb say nwadays, the crew juz do their own thgs. they dun cover, dun offer to help. As long as they complete own duties, they fix themselves a drink and relax.

Was juz talking to sm crew frends over dinner..u noe once promotion comes ard, all the funny pattern cm out. Shake head.

Sungrapes,

really ah? so no more going the extra mile ah????? wah no more team work liao ah??? aiyo its such a pity that it has come to that now!!! But then come to think of it, pple will just take advantage of other's kindness n do their work slowly lor... sigh...

Hung,
How to resist those cute dresses?!
But hor, muz rem to buy bigger sizes. I last time went bersek and bought many small little thgs. My bb got no chance to wear b4 he outgrew them. Itz a waste of $$ man!

Actually kaki bukit got nothing much, except strollers, cos they r s'pore distributors for maxi cosi and prego brands. the rest of bb stuff not exactly cheaper there.

Aprica stroller r really gd and durable, but damm ex..saw 1 @$800+.. gd selection at robinsons. Btw, aprica milk bottles sucks.Dun buy them.

Dr brown and Avent cheap cheap in US. Mothercare in UK confirm Much cheaper.I used to buy the basic bb bodysuit like 1/3 of price in s'pore. The Ergo carrier oso cheap in US, 40% cheaper at least.

Aiyoh, really miz the shopping there man! U get free ticket go shopping lah!

ylc,
ya lor! My ex team gal now flying mother. she say really diff frm last time..they do svc on their own, no communication. She say like everbody is DUMB, cannot talk. So oso dun noe which cart got wat tray,meals..who's doing wat. Blur blur lor..then she tried to cover kena blamed for smthg not her fault. she kena culture shock. So i told her since culture chg til like tat, then she muz learn to adapt lor.

2day wanted to buy a tummy cream to tone my tummy those type..so browsing at the shelf. then the promoter came and told me i cant use it cos im pregnant!!

I alrdy made up my mind..MESOTHERAPY liao!

Can u mummies sort of gauge/predict the personality of ur kidz even wen they r still bbs? frm the way they behav as bbs?

My nanny say my boy will grow up to b quite impatient and stubborn type cos the way he cry for milk, like abit late only not happy.

wonder hw true.. watz ur experiences? can really tell hw they'll b like meh?

aiyo... where got such thing? u can mold yr child to whatever u want them to be. if u think they will b impatient then they will be lor. its psychological

Hung,

wah luckily nvr hit you leh... why so careless one the crew? My friend also took SQ to USA but then she told me the crew was pretty horrible n don't bother to help her much. bb food nvr offer n hot water take so long to give her cus she needs to make milk for her bb.

Sungrapes,

think dun bother too much abt the comments of others. Your weight will go down naturally lah. My weight also went down gradually was actually super fat lor. but now better already. 4 more kg to lose n back to my original weight lor.

Hung,
smtimes the cart brake u/s , but we got no choice hav to use it. or else how to do meal svc?
but of cos we will have 2b super careful and try to do 2MO and clear the trays asap.

But the crew shd hv apologise and not act blur lor..tatz y they say the standard drop liao..in the 1st plac, SQ so 5 star, shd not even b using carts like these. Sm carts the door cannot close/open properly and we hav to KICK it rite? We bo pian hv to gv KICK in the cabin, even in JCL. Damm unglam lor! How to kick glamourously?

Last time use the givenchy crockery, the logo print is faded 1..like sm cheapskate restaurant. so paisay wen u serve to pax and we r supposedly No.1?

Sungrapes,

u r so funny leh... haha the way you describe things haha... kick glamourously... haha i read that n i was like laughing so loud my hb think i'm crazy!

quite true lah, they should have been extra careful! Apology also dun have and that's bad lor. Unless u kick a big fuss then will get your apology from everyone from IFS to all the FSS!!! That's SQ lor... someone must kick big fuss then they will do something abt it!

sigh... company cheapskate what... things that need to be upgraded, its not upgraded. Instead, they are all fighting for more pay, what to include in their pay/bonus! Paxs are paying for everything lor, so they should at least have something more presentable! Carts U/S, doors U/S, crockery faded... all these shld be replaced lor! how to be No. 1? i think they deserve to be No. 10 or even worse!

So disappointed. sigh... so pai seh to say i used to be from SQ lor! Pple will just ask me "what happened?". As if i m still part of the company! sigh....

Hi gals

Its quite interesting reading all the incidents and comments...I cannot help but laughed...

For baby food, water etc ,I will usually prepare myself and bring it on board as I am not sure how long will someone attend to my request...Probably if I take it that they are really busy, that will at least makes me feel better.

I guess the worst flight and ever served was by a China CS.That was the most unfriendly one that I ever come across.Looks is like....never mind...worst still, attitude...

ylc,
yo lor, wen ppl ask me wat i work as i oso very paisay to tell them fss with SQ. i always say in sevice line..

sm ppl will comment 'svc drop hor?' then i oso dun noe hw to react.

others will criticise standard drop as in female crew looks cannot make it, hw cm still can get in SQ. Aiyoh! I juz gv them my most bimbotic look and hope they not refering to me. hehe!

Actually the sterotype that stewardess r bimbos is very useful..wen pax complain juz gv them bimbo look ,open eyes wide wide n say 'Huh?'
P.S above works best with male pax.

But hor, wen i remove makeup in hotel rm, smtimes i pass by mirror i oso gv myself a fright! No wonder, out of uniform and makeup, we cannot recgonise 1 another.

And i really admire those crew outstation still look very well groom. they bother to wear nice/latest fashion..those tat put on full makeup even wen go crew rm those type.

i rem 1 briefing, this CS told us not to b seen in lobby with wet/damp hair..muz blow dry, cant wear bermudas, slip ons etc. Wah lau! outstation oso so stressed! Hide in the rm best!

Eh.. i juz rem tis,
Hv u heard of tis 1 whereby LPPS in PCL complain to IFS say the crew serving him very ugly and ask him to chg crew?

Tis 1 is the IFS told me 1..cruel rite?

how many times wen we girls bend down to slot trays, we can sense the pax looking down our uniform?

HUH??!! sungrapes serious bo?? so bad comment??!!!

but i oso kena CSS before la, she told us hair cannot be wet when we go down to the hotel lobby lor den cannot wear sandals!! den we purposely stil wear shorts n tshirts n run about the corridor from rooms to rooms for gathering, cannot stand her coz its our team flt den she still so ya ya den even my IFS oso cannot tahan her.. we all thinking.. u wanna scold den scold IFS oso lor.. he oso running to the crew room in his berms n flip flops lor!!

Sungrapes,
u r so funny leh... scare urself when walking pass the mirror... oh well... i just got used to it n that's how ugly i look!!!! hahaha only pple with foresight can see our beauty beneath the thick makeup! Can't understand how the ang mos can say we look great when we look like that??? hahaha

aiyo... i also encounter b4 when senior crew tell us to dress appropriately when in 5 star hotel but in the end, they are the ones w/o makeup n wear berms n flip flops... contradictory right! so double standard! Can't stand it.

morraine,
tis 1 true,heard frm IFS. He oso in difficult position..smhw, ang mohs r suckers 4 asians.

as long as on flt look gd, dun scare pax can alrdy. Offduty juz let us be lor..our skin and hair need to rest oso wat!

My present team LSS dun allow us to wear Birkenstock. eh.. birkenstocks not cheapskate ok, sm designs cost S$500 hor!But we oso bo chiap..wear and act blur. We follow behind our CS.He very fatherly n protective of non-ranking crew.

My gf told me got 1 TC wen to crew rm in bathrobe. Kena told off by a CSS. The most 'lok' i m is to wear my PJ to crew rm,esp those hotel where whole flr block 4 CC 1. I mean, in JED we hav our own 'living quarters'. dun expect us to dress up there rite?

But sm CC oso take advantage. I had b'fast with 1 GS on my flt at Biltmore. he was wearing hotel slipper! Those white terry cloth type! I admire his guts!

All thks to sm silly advertisement eons ago..make SQgirl so high profile..wat national icon..30yrs later we still muz wear blue eyeshadow and face look like monkey backside.

All those flying mothers who quit recently..rem the hooha abt whether we r allowed to use shimmery eyemakeup? I mean..come on lah! now wat age alrdy, still wan us to use matte clrs?!I dun noe whether to laugh or cry wen circular came out.

Hung,
ur doc got ask u take fish oil pills with those DHA,ARA type?

Now can start taking birdnest liao..Ditto for nonoelle.

Nonoelle,
Hope ur mum's talking to u by now?
Keep ur spirits up!! Muz look gd for ur wedding ok!

wow, so much to catch up. i just didn't visit this thread for a while only.

If fly MI, i rather fly SQ. take the same shit but the pay is lesser.

why no mummies here consider working at hotel??

now crew dun cover each other??!! complex leader also bo chap meh... but sometimes complex leaders also dun talk to each other.
any LSS here?? there are flights which i went to whereby the LS/LSS fought over sales. i received sale request frm pax also dun know who to go to.... stress hor..

haha yeah lor... give to one then the other one say why give to him/her. Aiyo so caught in the middle!

i did consider working in the hotel but then my hb said that considering the working hrs n all, no difference from flying lor. So he did not encourage me to do so. he said better find jobs which have regular hrs. Sigh... find job also so many criteria!

Eye makeup:

during my flying days, i dun care still put shimmery eye makeup n blusher lor... wah liao those non shimmery makeup cannot make it lor!!! hehe i like to glow in the dark mah hahaha!!!

haha.. u noe hor.. i never apply lipstick thru my few yrs of flying.. i onli apply tinted lipgloss coz i wear lipstick hor.. CANNOT MAKE IT!! damm wayang!!

woof,
i experience opposite frm urs..nobody wan to do sales. LS5 push to LS6 push to LS1. Poor me got to run up and down a/c like mad woman.

My hb say now sales items r contracted out to suppliers. So sales cart always in a mess and doesnt tally with the kris sat. Now be ls/lss oso headache.

Imagine 1 zone got so many non ranking crew all nv communicate, as complex leader where got time to monitor ev1? Teamwork and initiative plays a big role in ensuring smooth flt/svc. Sad to say, thgs hav chg. Nw juz wish and pray ev1 do their own part is gd enuff.

Ylc,
hotel work is shift and very tiring, long hrs. unless u work admin/backrm office work. Not worth the time pay..

Any1 consider teaching? Like iron rice bowl lor! Sm mre school holidays off. dun hav to apply and cross fingers to get leave. Next time our kidz grow up we oso mre familiar with the school work ie we noe wat to teach to our kidz.

But the starting pay quite little unlez u r graduate. and if kena teach morning session dan muz wake up so early evday sing marikita.

MAKEUP
Morraine,
i oso put tinted lipglozz. lipstick make my lips dry and peel. and really lor, so many contrasting clrs on my face look wayang. smtimes pax look at us maybe they r laughing at our makeup, not admiring our 'beauty'.

I rem training time they put PURPLE and PINK eyeshadow on me. I went toilet saw myself and CRIED!! But u noe that IFS G.FOO, say he muz b able 2 see our lipstick clr frm D5 wen he stand at D1..Piang! lucky i manage to siam him til he retire. He is perhaps the only tyrant i nv flew with. The rest all i kens b4. I juz make sure b4 the flt i bath with flower water..muz squeeze 2 lime for extra protection.

Ylc,
shimmer makeup is a must hav cos they hav tis light reflecting thingy to minimise our wrinkles. Sm times i oso got put abit fairy dust, just to hiao abit. Matt makeup is so dated!!

I wish we dun hav to paint our nails. we look like wicked witch. French manicure so much nicer rite?

Sm times i joke with my frendz if i got $$$ like donald trump so rich i will buy over SIA and make sure all the crew streak their hair blond.. no black hair allowed!

Ylc,
2day went to toy r us at united sq and saw the store Gingersnaps. Yah man! the dresses so nice, diff frm other girls clothes so cartoon type.

Hung, u mus go lor..sure buy alot 1! Actually i 1st time so united sq. Got to get birthday present for my gf girl .. there got alot of children store, a haven for MTB, mummies and kidz.

i oso saw the heartbeat device at mums n babes (i think tatz the store name) retail $59.

Birdnest is protein wat..gd for pregnant woman. juz buy abit and try lah. dun hav to eat evday, juz twice a wk enuf. bb skin will b very nice,pink pink 1.

the fish pill very stinko rite? itz such a torture for me last time..YUCKS!

Wah liao, The way all of say abt grooming and attitude of CC, so funny. like that phrase: anything that move..... So ant also must greet lor!

<font color="0000ff">Hung</font>, bb plus, not news yet. Did you check on the Glenn Doman store think somewhere in Thomson. I lost the card aridi. Sorry

Must try bird nest and coconut (7mths onwards), it helps yr bb to hv good skin, less / no rashes on the face. Skin very fair. Next time can join Miss Singapore. Yr HB don't believe, then you say you are taking for yr own sake lor.

Sungrapes,

nice right the clothes... so trendy and fashionable hor... better still buy already then we can go buy similar design for ourselves then both mother n daughter can dress the same hehe
happy.gif

the nursing rm also very gd... individual rm for nursing n very clean lor. I'm so impressed with united square!

Nail polish:

i hate the red nail polish... so outdated lor!!! i always wear stockings so no need to paint toe nails. hehe but under the stocking i sure paint french manicure lor.. so vain haha
happy.gif

SQ really have to change alot of things lor. They are still so outdated with the colour schemes! sigh...

Nail polish : I sometimes in a rush oso never apply toe nail polish den wear stockings but i keep slipping my sandals out!! haha.. always slipped out!

Hair : I oso dyed my hair brownish den team flights, I will just leave it but if guest starring den I will spray black lor, got this spray very good and cheap from Narita
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Hair Spray</font>,

I use to spray my hair too when I col them red. But find it troublesome and irrating. Spray alot, the hair becomes so stiff. Later go back hotel rm, thry to rinse off so diffcult. Sleep, bedsheets kena stains.

<font color="ff6000">Col Schemes</font>,

Yap, I hate red too. But it will never be chg unless our kebaya chg, the col will chg too. Is our trademark, ' Red nails, red lipsticks, kebaya gals'

I was told off by a CS that cannot paint other cols even french manicure even you wear stocking. Wonder y?

aiyo i also dunno lah... they so rigid one... I dun care... i just paint french manicure ah... who really pay attention??? unless they are one of the top tens lah... but then wear those thick stockings... who can see???

I got so fed up with the hair colour rule that i just colour it dark brown. When i started out, i so daring colour purple.. come out purplish black.. only under the light then can see the purple colour hahahaha
happy.gif

Hung,
U mean the bumbo seat 2nd hand is $125..so ex? I noe itz not cheap but no idea itz tat ex lor..sit awhile only no use liao rite?

Pls go buy some birdnest 2mr, whole piece type, not those lose lose then they compress together type. Dun care wat ur hb say lar, for the sake of future princess...

2day wen to ex teamgal's ger 1st birthday. time pass so fast, seem like juz yesterday she got married. nw her ger 1yr old liao.

But i see her admire her lor, cos itz not easy to juggle flying and looking after her ger.

Most times we come back frm flt alrdy so tired..all i wan to do is lie in bed and not move.

Any1 here teaching signing to ur bbs?

<font color="0000ff">Hung</font>, I think is quite worth it lor. But remember to check the condition of the set. Usually they won't sell at this price.

I hv this GF of my does renting of her unit. Think was like $180.00 for 9 mths and another $100.00 for deposit.

Ya must get birdnest. Eat good foods too. Believe it or not, Mine was C-sect. I manage to get out of bed the next day to walk aridi. Actually less then 24hrs. My HB said because I eat all the good foods and almost everyday I had birdnest.

The best part was my son skin is fair, although my HB is dark.

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, No la. Think Hung means BB plus system. Yap, I let my son watch bb signing time. Not really for signing, but just another educational program to watch instead of cartoons

yA birdnest is a gd investment. i eat alot also n my ger have fair skin... so pretty. hehe
happy.gif

Morraine,
wah so much difference ah.... where u buy urs??? Let Hung know lah... wah that mummy trying to cheat Hung ah???
I didnt buy cus i didnt know it exist... then if wanna buy my ger also dun want to sit liao... too active to sit still haha
happy.gif

BABY SIGNING TIMES
where did u mummies buy the baby signing times??
i did a simple sign with my baby- MILK for one week plus.. he gives me the BLANK look still.

but saw my frend did signs with her ger... quite cute leh.

BIRD NEST
i also ate some during pregnant days.. my BB is quite fair too.
now thinking of continue to take to maintain my 'LOOKS'
biggrin.gif

some ppl in my office (tat i dun work with) actually came up to me and asked," u last time stewardess ah??" i dun know how to react... dun know wat they mean?? is it- u tis pattern also can be stewardess???

GOING BACK TO FLY
i went for a hair trim last sat, the stylist said,: u really not gg back to fly ah?? a bit pity rite? a lot of ppl want to join also cannot get in. (i told her i dun intend to go back already)
suddenly i feel so left out cos i not crew anymore

haha scare me too... i thought how come sell at so much difference... trying to earn $$ ah? haha
happy.gif

hehe sometimes i also feel quite left out when my crew friends talk abt work n everything like that... but then when pple ask if i crew.. i also pai seh... so contradictory hor!

Back