Any difference between milk powder bought from Malaysia and Singapore

banazz

Hi, any mummy here ever bought milk powder from malaysia? wanna know if there is any difference. i remember reading somewhere that the taste of certain brands fr quite different when bought from malaysia but can't find the thread anymore...

Hi,

There is definitely a difference. Most of the time is formulation difference (Malaysian formulation usually have lesser ingredients, esp minerals thus explains the cheaper price). Taste wise is relatively the same. Hope this info helps.

oic... was still thinking of buying fr malaysia since i'm going in next wk or wk after. maybe i'll juz go for e diapers then. thks for answering : )

Yap... cfm there's a diff. Ever met a promoter for enfa when i was in carrefour in JB and she say the content is diff... not too sure abt other brand. But better to pay abit more and buy in sin
happy.gif

but i've checked de ingredients on de box label of Grow 3 n they r exactly de same. can we trust these labels? place of manufacture is also de same ...

maybe we shd juz get e diapers fr there. was so tempted to try e milk powder previously but is having 2nd thought now...

also heard of e milk scandal there. so dare not get milk products fr overseas liao..

i used to buy from Singapore last time but now if I go over Msia I'll buy from there. I find the content no difference la (I'm buying MamilGold), but the packaging is different. From the label the place of manufacture also the same, both from New Zealand, but the ones sold in Msia are packed in KL, so maybe that's why the packaging different. The milk powder is a controlled product there, like their sugar or cooking oil, so actually cannot bring too many back (But i normally buy 3 big tins). The price is much cheaper, like MamilGold step 2 is only RM104 about S$43 but is selling $70++ here.

hi,

my kids are drinking mamil Gold and i ever asked them what is the difference..basically content the same BUT Sin and Malsia's inspection and others standard are different...sin more stringent..got it?

i also purchased my gals milk powder from JB. from one of the provision shops which is alot cheaper than hypermart.
my gals are drinking Gain IQ & Gain Kids. recently there is additional ingredient to the milk powder (Omega 3 & 6) and dunno what else. they also changed their milk also. But i think the difference is the place of mfg lor. Msia one is from Ireland if i am not wrong. So far my gals are ok with both milk powder (from GS & Msia). It realli help me saves alot. Example: Gain IQ 1.8kg is at RM90 (new forumlation) and Gain kids 1.8kg is RM84.

hope the above helps.

different from Singapore but still safe to consume..

Imagine all the malaysian also drink it and they have no problem with it so far..

from what i compared previosly, the main difference is the content of Trans Fatty Acid (which is bad for health).
All the milk powders I see in Malaysia contains this item while the counterpart in Singapore doesn't.

Other than that, the content, nutritional value are exactly the same.

i dun seem to allow myself to buy such items like milk powder from m'sia coz u'll never know what ingredients they put..
n the authorities dun seem to do random checks unlike singapore..

so i rather buy from singapore..

I gave my gal Friso from JB and she can't tell the difference leh... I tasted the milk and I can't detect any difference in the taste also.

Using Friso as well. Ingredients all the same. Only difference is due to different distributing agent in MY & SG.

What about new Pediasure brand? Any1 bought from Msia and compare it b4? Plan to buy from there cos much more cheaper. thanks

Hi, This is my personal experience for the milk powder which i have been feeding my kids. I have been buying from Malaysia for my kids. Mamil Gold for my son since birth till now he is 8 months old, a fat and chubby bb. I also buy prediasure and mamil gold step 4 for my gal. She fed well with it, i don't see she complain about taste. Two weeks ago when I'm there, i check with promoter as in what is the diff btw SIN and MY. Was told that the only diff for STEP 4 is the DHA content. MY consist of higher DHA than SIN. I came back and check, it is indeed lower. I also check the content for STEP 2 and compare. No diff with content and the milk powder are all from AUST/NZ, packed in MY and distribute out.

Anyway, my husband is from MY, he has been telling me that he has been fed from the milk powder there and today he is still here, well and healthy so i follow what he say...

I buy Wyeth's S26 from Malaysia whenever I can. I know someone who used to work for Wyeth in Malaysia. He told me the milk powder is exactly the same as in Singapore. It's packed in S'pore (Tuas) before transported to Malaysia. He also mentioned there is another milk powder brand whose factory is right next to the Wyeth factory in S'pore...they also pack in S'pore and send to M'sia, but sorry, I cannot recall the brand. :-(

iyah... actually malaysia also has ministry of health to regulate all these milk powder. Jus that malaysia market is larger so for enfalac is product of thai as it is outsource to another country for makin the packaging as the population is larger ..mead johnson tell me one. If u notice, enfalac AR is prod of netherland,,exactly same as spore. aniwae.. msia also got regulation one. So definetely safe for consumption. what trans fat? where gt? all the same lor.. i check liao. u referrin to wat brand gt trans fat???

Really cheaper ah, any kind soul goung JB can help buy mamil gold step 3 ? Pm mi or sms mi at 96420253, bb on bf cant move ard freely, sian...

Not sure got wat size type, btw was that all those ppl selling 400g all buy from there thus so many $10 per tin so cheap, cos scare too bug amt cant finish...

I buy from M'sia too. When girls were younger, they drink Gain & Grow. When they were over 5yrs, I simply switched them to Dumex.

Initially I thought the ingredients were v much different, but when I read line by line, sometimes its because of the position layout and the name they use. I would say over 95% is the same. There might be 1-2 missing ingredients which I am fine since milk powder is not the only thing kids are consuming. Its only a supplement, and their main intake should come from their staple diet.

cheaper milk than retails! sg source..buying thru the clinic!

stage 1 available too

Thanks

Milkmilksupply
http://www.babyandmilksupply.blogspot.com/
Facebook: [email protected] (add me to ur FB
happy.gif
)

Order form:

Name:
Contact number:
Email address:
Milk Type(Weight)/No. of tins (eg:Enfalac A+(900g)/13 tins):
Delivery address(if applicable) ($7 per delivery):

Collection points:
1. Clementi West Street 1 Blk 606 (near to West Coast plaza)
2. Jurong West Ave 5, Blk 723 (after 3pm)
3. Hougang St 92, Blk 941 Loading Bay (Appointment only - sat morning 945am / 1115am)

Once we received your orders, we will advise you on the delivery/collection date&time.

So far no problems with Malaysia-made milk powder. Using Dumex - kid seems to prefer the Malaysian one to the more expensive formulae milk.

Malaysia milk powder is very different from the one bought in S'pore.Malaysia milk powder is much more sweeter compare to S'pore product.Friends from there also agree,that why kids like their milk.Savings is one issue,high sugar intake makes the kids hyper active,which is many kids are now.So think twice before buying,want to save money on milk powder n spend on medical.

I compared pediasure bought from SG vs MY, would say most of the content from MY is lower. But definitely much cheaper than in SG, but for mamil is about same.

Used to buy mamil from MY for my 10 month old boy, but now buy from SG as a singseh shop at fernvale selling slighty cheaper or about same than MY! Even friso3 is selling at $40 per 1.8kg tin
happy.gif

So now I usually shop for diapers n wet wipes in MY. Go for their Malaysian made brand rather than SG popular brands; otherwise it's more ex than in SG unless hv promotion. My babies r using HeyBaby diaper (same mnufacturer as dryers in MY) but so far I find it's quality is better than dryers. Wet wipes can go for Tender Fresh.

Look at the Malaysians you know - can you really see any difference because they drank different milk powder as babies?

S26 is packaged in the Wyeth factory in Singapore and shipped up to Malaysia to be sold. The can is EXACTLY THE SAME and sold in sealed condition. Hmm...but why is it so cheap in Malaysia?? Could the milk powder deterioriate in quality when crossing the causeway? Maybe some of the DHA evaporated, and nasty trans-fats found their way in?

The reason milk powder is cheaper in Malaysia is because it is a price-controlled item in Malaysia, just like sugar and petrol is cheaper in Malaysia. But Singapore is an open economy. It does not practise price-controls on most items. So, the reason S26 is sold 1/3 cheaper in Malaysia is simple. It is because of AFFORDABILITY.

Of course, the baby formula companies want us Singaporeans to think that Malaysian milk is inferior lah. This way you will pay a higher price for what is essentially the same thing. Remember - baby formula companies, like all companies, do not set prices according to quality. They set prices according to how much you are willing or able to pay! This is the golden rule of marketing.

Actually milk from malaysia and singapore got a bit of difference. Not a lot that you'll notice but there's difference in the amount and type of nutrients in the milk. Compare line by line and you'll see.

you can get cheaper milk powder at Ezy Living page at FB.
I have been buying pediasure n gain iq from her for 4 mths alrd and my kids are ok with the milk. go check the store out. i save abt $20 per mth since buying frm her! !

If you drive, it is easy to go over via second link - fill up with groceries at Tesco Bt Indah, then go opposite, there is a medicine hall. So far, that is the cheapest source. If you do this once every 2 - 3 months, the savings is quite significant.

I often travel malaysia and help my sister in law to buy some back. The price difference can be as much as 10% to 30%.
I can help to buy if any one interested, but not in bulk qty (below 10kg). Just provide your requirement:

1.) Name / contact number
2.) Model / Brand
3.) Required qty
4.) Target price (if any)

Email me at [email protected]
Self collect at circuit road.

Hi... I travel back to Malaysia on weekly basis. Anyone needs me bring in the milk powder from Malaysia, please pm me [email protected]

Thanks.

I always stock up for Pediasure Vanilla and Enfagrow Stage 3 Vanilla as my kids drink these two brand.

Hello all..
Anyone has experience bringing in milk powder from malaysia to singapore by flight?
I am actually visiting my sis next month & she ask me to help buying milk powder for my nephew.
Just afraid i will be stop when i go thru malaysia & singapore custom.
Thanks.

Why would you be stopped for bringing in milk powder? People do this all the time. My friends bring milk powder to China, Malaysia, Singapore... 1.8kg x 6 in the entire carton. Just check in as fragile luggage.

Hi mummies n daddies.

We supply FM that bought from m'sia.
Free home delivery if u made purchases of SGD150.
Do SMS/Watsapp (97688291) me for the pricing.
TQ.

hi all,my toddler suddenly wont drink enfagrow. anyone keen to buy fr me, pls pm. 1.8kg. source msia. $40 per tin. discount if buy two. Not selling for profit. Just clear since switched brand. Exp 2014. Collection Dakota. New packaging.

Hunnybunn :

May I know the name and location of the sinseh shop at fernvale that you bought your milk powder from? Wanna check it out .. Hmm do you know if the milk source is from sgd or msia?

Thank you
smile.gif

I buy milk powder from Kim Sang, next to NTUC; opposite Indian grocery shop. Please note that SG milk powder has frequent changes in formulation with increased in certain content that would 'justify' for price increase.

I think 1.8kg friso 3 is now $60 at Kim Sang. Pediasure SG $75, Pediasure MY $70, mamil 3 $57.

Back