Any comments on Modern Montessori International

I m considering to put my girl at MMI (ten mile). I feel the fees is reali ex. Also, do the kids get distracted when lessons are taught in the open concept environment? Anyone putting their children born in 2006 there next yr?

Hi,

my son just went to the MMI in Sembawang. So far so good. Whenever I ask him whether he want to go to the sch tomorrow, he will always reply loudly "YES" think he love the sch and will still monoitor and give any update

hi jasmine,
is your son attending MMI playgroup?

hi arina,
have u gone down to the school? any comments?

Hi Shymz & Michelle,
U girls also thinking of checking Semb MMI
happy.gif
Was thinking of getting my boy in for the playgroup. Any idea how's the fees like?

Hi, I went to MMI in Sembawang. I do not like the environment. I find it is very run down, too crowded and very dark. Instead I enrol my boy to the Joy Montessori, I like the envirnment better.

Hi,
Any feedback on MMI Jurong West Complex branch?
Heard of some bad comments previously, had it improved?

there's a write-in to Zao Bao (Chinese newspaper) last wk that a teacher in MMI Orchard branch draw on one of the kid face and this guardian of the child is asking for compensation.

think only write in to newspaper then they response. i told the director abt the incident that happened to my child, he said will investigate and let me know. now news after few mths, emailed him again to check. never get back..a yr liao

programme is good but teacher and management are bad!

I am also keen to find out if there is any feedback on MMI katong. WOuld appreciate some feedbacks. Thanks.

Hi,

Anyone can share your experience with MMI at kee sun road for weekend phonics class? Further to Marine Parade.

Hi,

Anybody sending your kids to MMI @ Sengkang? I am considering sending my boy there but still hesitating as the fees super ex at abt $1k after $150 subsidy.

Any feedback on MMI Alexandra (PSA)?

Took a tour of West Coast branch. Kids look happy and the teachers seem happy as well. The building however, is very old and there's not much outdoor space for the kids to run around. Those are the only 2 negative points I noticed

I plan to enrol my son for the half day playgroup next year in MMI Jurong East.
Anyone has comments on this center?

Dear Mummies,
Currently my gal is in church pre-school. I realised she behaves more mischevious after she entered the school. Previously she was in greetree montessori she behaves well and very independant. Thinking of sending her to MMI at woodlands vista point. Appreciate any mummies to comments or feedback for the centre.

I send my daughter to the Phoenix Walk branch. She started at Ten Mile before. Teachers at ten mile caused her to fear going to school cos tOo strict. Since she move to Phoenix, she has been happy since. Curriculum n teaching methods are good to accelerate their learning ability but teachers are critical n each centre has different staff so highly dependent on branch you choose n chemistry of your child n teacher too.

By the way, if any mummies have good condition or new MMI uniforms in size S and/or M, I am keen to take over. Please PM me.

Hi Mummies,

May I ask if any one of you has sent your child to MMI at Jalan Bukit Merah?

If yes, how are the teachers and environment?

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks and Regards,
Tiffany

Hi mummys need some help here:) anyone has more info .om mmi cck at phoenix walk or kid is there?
Went .tk beauty world branch
First vkskt ok but second visit not that good so,mjghy consider cck branch
Seeking info:)

Hi,

just to share my experience at MMI @ Phoenix Walk. My 2 girls are currently in K1 and N1. They had been there since PG.

Teachers are generally good. They are attentive to the children's needs. Teacher turnover is low.

Both of them are learning well. I do not have worries on the academic part, including Chinese. They are still weak in Chinese, which i attribute to our English speaking atmosphere at home. At least, they are not afraid of Chinese, which it is good work of the Chinese teachers.

Discipline is good too. I find that they make sure there is at least 1 teacher who will be the 'strict' teacher in the class while the others are more nuturing type.

The only thing which I am not so pleased is the large number of students in the class, but again, the student/teacher ratio is within the MOE recommendated number.

Anyone has any experience to share with MMI Sengkang or MMI Kovan?
I'm planning to send my boy there when he is turning 18 months in May next year, already on waiting list for some of the school by now...

My kid has just been enrolled one of the MMI branch in the east. I think the quality and attention to individual child is obviously lacking.

Nutrition Care: Poor considering i am forking out almost SGD1500/- month:

The center showed me a comprehensive weekly planned meal but when requested for a copy the administrative declined.
Meal portion is relatively small.

Example:
Breakfast consist of 2-3 spoonful of cereals with a quarter portion of cold milk in a small children cup. My kid do not consume cold milk and there is no replacement been provided. Kids have to finish their breakfast by themselves. If they don't, it means they are not hungry!

Lunch consists of a quarter bowl (small bowl) of porridge, a half slice of apple (out of perphaps 6-8 slices of a small apple) and two cube of 1-2 cm size of jelly at 11:00am. Milk before sleeping time at 1.00 pm. No snacks observed to be given during the day.* (I requested the teacher to write down what she ate during the day, no snacks was indicated)

Teacher comment: If they want more, the kid usually will ask for it.

Personal Care:
  • 1st day observation:
Hand washing: More than a ritual than doing it right
"Small kids less than 90cm will not be able to reach out to the wash basin comfortably". The teacher helped my kid by pulling her hands to the running tap and tried to sprinkle water on both hands. (No soap is used). By the time she finished washing her hands, my kid's blouse was wet and her dripping hands were not wiped. The teacher was completely oblivious and took no action despite been told specifically that the my kid's hands are wet from elbows onward. I didn't do anything because i wanted to see what the teacher will do... but nothing was done at all. She was asked to stay with wet clothing & dirty hands (touching on multiple areas with wet hands) in the assembly area. No one bothered to assimilate the new young kid in and tell her what she should be expecting when her form teacher is not around. My kid went to the assembly queue, went up and down few lines before she give up. She simply decided not to join the assembly after that. (I wouldn't blame her)

Simple Solution Proposed: Either the teacher carry her up or let her stand on a stool. With the right angle of hand inclination, the water will not flow down her hands!
(This is ignored because both the admin and the teacher do not see the need to do so when i provided the feedback)

Next after the assembly, the teacher requested my kid to put her hands on the shoulder of the older kids (much taller), and my kid refused. She say something about been scared (never mixed with kids from other races) and uncomfortable (I hear her from outside) and the teacher totally ignored her. I have to intervene when she started crying aloud when the teacher insisted that she do as she is told. This is ridiculous. How you expect a barely 2 years old (she is December baby) to hold on to much older kids and walk in line when she almost have to tip-toes.
I left for work with more than a little concern on my early morning observations.

When i went back to pick her up in the afternoon, she is crying aloud (not her usual cry) and cling to me. She is hungry and thirsty. Reach up and drink almost a quarter of her drinking bottle when i handed the water bottle to her. She actually finished two big bowls of porridge when she reach home around 6 pm.
My kid used to be very independent - she literally sleep alone and is the only kid who are so happy & never cried during her tot class session (2 hours) in another center before i switch her over here.

My maid told me that the center helper is using life buoy bath gel and not the baby bath for the young kids. I am concerned but the administrative person refuses to let me know what kind of shower gels that they are using. The only solution offered:- a) Please feed the baby before sending over if she cannot take the breakfast at the center b) Provide your own shower gel if you are concerned.

2nd Day - Busy -unable to visit the center

3rd Day - Went to visit during lunch hour @ 11.00 am

The moment i step into the open area where the bath room is located, i could hear my kid crying voice. Then i saw her running out. I reach out to her and she told me she is crying again! Look like she just finished her bath. (She loves water and bath time since baby). Her hair is wet (dripping water) and not combed. Her clothing are worn in opposite direction. I know she must be feeling awfully uncomfortable to be forced to wear her clothing in that manner. Instinctively, i take out her shirt and changed for her on the spot. The teacher came by and my kid started to cry again. Immediately the teacher commented that i should not be around. I was really concerned. She say, the kid is acting up She hardly noticed the clothing is worn in the opposite direction!

The teacher brought her to wash her hands and ask her to stand in queue with the rest of the kids. My kid is howling by this time. She was lead into the classroom for her lunch. I went along and totally ignoring the displeasure from the teacher. (She is crying whenever the teacher go near). Then I noticed that her clothing are totally wet, from her arms to the full length of her clothing on one side. Again, i asked why she is wet? The teacher brush it off by saying it is because she struggle during hand washing. This is totally not acceptable at all. If her clothing is so wet, why not change her first before bringing her to class and asking her to sit on table? After my comment, the teacher rumble through my bag, and take out the shirt from the dirty cloth bundle (instead of a new one) and ask her to wear it. She didn't bother to change her pant as she felt it was not wet. (My kid keep on crying even when i lead her to her chair. She do not like to wear none matching set of clothing). I have to change her into the dirty pant (I thought my maid did not pack extra clothing) and let her finish her lunch. She finish her small bowl of rice and requested for milk. I cannot give it to her because there is a classroom session after lunch....which she is hardly interested in anymore. (She cling to me, crying and keep on asking for her milk / water bottle/ biscuit)

After the classroom session, I requested my maid to come over and changed her into new clothing before she went for her nap time. She was lead by her teacher into another classroom & started to cry aloud until the teacher finally gave her milk 10-15 minutes later. Hearing her howls, I am totally shocked and taken aback! I no longer recognize this crying baby of mine! The teacher came and say my kid is finally not crying and i should continue to stay out of her sight. This is ridiculous! She stopped crying because she was finally given milk, wore a clean comfortable clothing and getting her nap. Not because I am out of her sight! My kid is never a clingy type until she is enrolled here! The environment must be very much intimidating to her. Hardly see any laughter from other kids when i am within the centers. Everyone is so quite & just follow instruction!

I believe the teacher seem too young and inexperience in handling young children. Too mechanical and unable to understand what the kids truly need.

After today observations, i will definitely need to consider to withdraw her! The only setback will be i need to go and find a replacement center immediately.

Another observation, the classroom floor are not really clean. I took a wet tissue to wipe the rice dropped by my kid on the floor. The tissues turned black!

----------
MMI - I will definitely not recommended for young kids where the child's emotional development and physical care is more important

Any feedbacks regarding West Coast MMI? Thought of enrolling my daughter in K1 in June as I will be going back to work after my maternity leave. She used to be in 3 hours kindergarten.

My younger daughter is now attending MMI in Sengkang East. She is enjoying it now from what I see. But given that it is two weeks trial, I want to find out more on the teachers turnaround rate here at the Sengkang East. Hope to hear any comments from any mommies/daddies here.
Thanks.

Which one are you looking at? Along Sengkang East Way or Rivervale Crescent or the one nearer to Compasspoint?

Which one are you looking at? Along Sengkang East Way or Rivervale Crescent or the one nearer to Compasspoint?
Hi Koalarie, I am looking for one near to Compass Point as my house is located near to the MRT. Along Seng Kang East Way also can.

if uniform material is not suitable for kids....what should we as parents do? as in material of uniform is lousy quality n not cotton. The way the person sew the inner part of their uniforms is jus like paste and sew. Material is too hot and not breathable. Can anyone help? Do we still let our kids wear them? is it a must to wear them if uniform material is really not cotton at all and hot?

Why don't you ask the school and the parents in your child's school? I don't believe any parents here have concerns on this.

feedback to sch but they jus smile and said will let the head knoe. Some parents said ok lo. some said as long as the curriculum is good tts alright. uniform doesnt matters. :(

if uniform material is not suitable for kids....what should we as parents do? as in material of uniform is lousy quality n not cotton. The way the person sew the inner part of their uniforms is jus like paste and sew. Material is too hot and not breathable. Can anyone help? Do we still let our kids wear them? is it a must to wear them if uniform material is really not cotton at all and hot?

Hi Jingween , is your child wearing the small checkered blue and white one? My children wears the white T shirt/ bermudas combo uniform daily and I find it's comfy and breathable ( and needs much less ironing too :p) . The checkered uniform have been abandoned in the back of their wardrobes now .

Back