Any comments on Eager Beaver Schoolhouse?

does EB @ Yishun serves maggimee? i read online n saw parents commented on the noodles r actually maggi, parents anyone with kids there? please clarify =)))

huh really?
jus now i went to visit the EB @ yishun central..
the place is huge...
nv see any maggie mee..
but see the porridge they give the children..
mixed with carrots and chicken meat..
already put myself on waiting list for toddler grp..i m a kiasu mummy..keke

Fumiko, thanks for ur valuable info. toddler group is under N2 or K1? i'll be putting mine in K1 once i get a job=)

I have heard about the good reviews and the long waiting list of eager beavers at bukit merah central. However,I was disappointed after viewing the school and was unimpressed by the uncaring attitude of the staff who walked me through the school.

I was there at napping time and when I entered, I saw kids from the nursery class scattering at different area outside the classroom napping.

I was brought upstairs to view the toddlers class . Leading up the stairs there is a gate but not locked. Just a short distance away, I saw 1 boy and 1 girl around the age of 5 to 6 sleeping near to , probably dining and study area (since there are tables and chairs). I asked why there were only 1 boy and 1 girl sleeping alone there by themselves and the staff replied that the class was too full so the the kids were put there to nap. There was no teacher there!

I was brought to the toddlers class where I wanted to enrol my 18 month old in and I was rather pleased to see that all the toddlers were at least napping in the class instead of outside the room. I noticed there was a L shape table top with a radio with wire hanging down within the reach of little hands. One toddler was just sleeping right below the radio. I pointed to the staff about the danger hazard should the radio drop onto the toddler's head if any of them pull the wire. I was thumbfounded by her reply " they will not do it".

I raised my concern to her of the safety measures that the school should take to ensure the well being of the kids and also mentioned to her about the good reviews that eager beaver has. She was then quickly to reply she would inform the teacher but I could see her displeasure.

I know the hanging wire is unintentional but I am certainly not impressed by the response and the attitude. I also disliked the sight I see kids scattered at different areas outside the classroom napping and 2 kids I saw sleeping alone with no adult supervision.

EB @ YS 925

DS started K1 on the 11th, teachers havent advised to get uniform, teachers wise ok, some other classes teachers have fb and seek parents permissions for their kids daily activities to be snapped n posted for their reference. whereas the K1 class no pictures so far. =( gonna ask the teacher for it.

boy cried only in the 2nd week after the longweekend (4days), but 2nd day he braced up ler. cried horribly for one day only.

normally ill drop him in around 7.35-7.55am everyday, he'll than have breakfast in school.

health wise: they always say kids in childcare get sick easily. mine caught fever after the first swimming session i guess 冷到 so i asked teacher how they handle the kids and got a quite reasonable reply from her be it in sch premises or at the pools. my boy is relatively weak, too cold cannot, too hot also cannot. hehehe.. enjoying his school now. after today long weekend again, popi he won't start again!

*CHEERS*

Any mummies here with kids in K1?

hi i have enrolled my boy at EB@yishun central..supposed to start in may but delay till end aug

dunno if its good?!? chose it cos its near MRT

any other feedback?

rykiel,
cos i changed new job so wanted to wait for my schedule to stabilised
my boy starting toddler class

im glad to hear that!

Hi mummies, I enrolled my son at EB yishun too. Will be starting his N1 probably in coming Jun. Initially I wanted to start him only in N2 next yr but understand that they cant hold a place for me cuz priority will be given to N1 kids. Heh so being a kiasu mum, I have to start him sooner than expected
happy.gif

I wonder why there are very few comments on EB @ BM...

I am also thinking of registering my kid...

Mummies, if is not convenient to post it here, please PM me.

Thanks!

I thinking to enrol my boy at Bukit Merah Central. Would appreciate any mummies to let me know your comments/feedback via pm of this school. Thanks!

Hi Mummies,

I am working nearby Bukit Merah Central and also plan to transfer my girl to EB@ Bukit Merah Central in Feb 2012 (18-1/2 months)

However, will like to hear reviews from the experience mummies.

Pls PM me too if is not convenience to post

my maid contract ending soon and tog of placing my daughter (born in 2008) in full day childcare under EAGER BEAVER SCHOOLHOUSE. I have asked a few childcare a mostly fully taken. What is the fee like for this centre?

Btw, understand the EAGER BEAVER SCHOOLHOUSE can be found under MCYS website from the list of Approved Institutions, so can the full school fee deducted from the CDA a/c after govt subsidy?

hi

can someone advise how early should we start to book a place with the childcare centre if we want to place our child there, esp when u need to be placed on the waiting list...i am thinking of putting my child there when he reaches 3...

hi jkids,

i wouls like to enrol my boy (born in 2009) @ EB yishun.
just call them this eve and will visit the center tomorrow for more detail info.
they have start to accept new registration for next year.

Me & my hubby visit EB Yishun just now.
We will enrol our boy start from Dec.
He will join the class which is going to promote to N1 class in 2012 because he born in Jan-2009.
The center is clean & well orgarnise. Teacher are helpful and have a very good and detail informations about the center/ course sturctures/ activities, daily meals....
Hope our boy will be happy & enjoy with EB Yishun
happy.gif

evlin:
good to noe you have settled your child's ccc. no waiting list required it seems?

i assume you will ferry your boy to and fro ccc? but any prob wif parking?

my kid is still young to enter school yet...yet i am afraid there will be no vacancy by then.

jkids,

currently the center is arranging the classes for 2012. the teacher told me if i enrol my boy in this mth, they will secure the place for me.
normally if just for a while only, i will park my car at the 925 loading bay unless raining then will go to the multi storey carpark.

how old is your kid? you may take a tour to the center and check with them about the registration.
you may take a look to the center and asking about the waiting list.

Hi mummies,
can you advise on what the school teaches? Phonics ?story telling , drama, exploring science etc?I can see that the school fees are higher than most child care. What makes it diff base on the fees? And can the school Fees deduct using CDA?

wcy,
can use CDA

mybabydream,
its quite huge cos there is childcare and infantcare
from what i know, just toddler class 18mths-3yrs, there are 5 classes, about 40? plus N1,N2,K1,K2 shld hit 100+ to 200?

Maybe you can call the school to enquire?
happy.gif

thanks ryan's mum. if its true i want to faint coz i prefer smaller no.
i din noe it has infant care. only noe it has student care...

dear all,

Foe EB in Yishun, there is no infant care service. Ratio is 1 teacher : 4 students. very good as compare to LSH @ OCC or KTPH in Yishun

EB Yishun no longer has infant care service after they moved to Yishun Central.

As for teacher to students ratio, it depends on the level.

LSH ratio is 1 teacher : 8 students

feel regretted cos I put deposit at LSH then it slipped off my mind til my fren asked me and i asked the person incharge of the centre, was told of that ratio

Feel that it too much for the teacher and u know for young kids who are 18 mths old

Hi

I am planning to put my son (born in 2009) in EB yishun either end this year or beginning next year.

If this year he will be in toddler class, if next year he will be in N1. Any feedback on this?

Any parents also sending their kids to EB?

I am interested in their curriculum? What types of enrichment classes are there?

gohstan,

My youngest son is with EB Yishun toddler class. Next year will be N1. They have English and Chinese speech & drama class which you need to pay additional if you're keen to sign up. They also have swimming lesson from K1 onwards (also need to pay additional if you are interested).

Hi tigger88,

thanks for providing the info. do u know the teacher to children ratio? do they have in house cook or catered food?

do they allow the kids to watch TV? are the teachers local mainly?

sorry for so many questions.. if not convenient, maybe u can pm me.

i am planning to visit the centre either this week or next..

Hi gohstan,

For toddler class, I think the ratio is 1:8. They have in house cook. Kids do watch TV when they are waiting for parents to fetch them but from what time onwards I am not too sure.

Teachers are a mixture of local and non local. I find that both local and non local ones are equally good based on my kids' experience. I have 3 kids in the centre now.

Back