Any advise on Pat's School house?

Anyone put your little ones at Pat's school house child care? Can share your experiences with me? Esp the one at Serangoon Road (Lim Ah Pin Road). Thanks!

Hi,
I just put my son at Lim Ah Pin PAts for a mth and he likes it..so do we. His teachers are good, speak well and firm but loving too.So far, my hubby and I no complain...

I like the P - Ms Donna...u shd make an appointment and speak to her and find out more for yrself. She's now more of a pal than a P to me- hehe.

Btw, how old is yr child ?

Overall, happy, positive experience - will rcm Pats!

jen

Hi jrj, how's their school fees compared to other private schools? I heard they are pretty ex?

Hi IanAn,

Yes, they are not cheap...consider ex.

My boy is in pm session..I am paying $756( inclusive of GST ) without subsidy of $75.If u r working, deduct $75 off, that will be $681 per month.

If u r in am session, it's even more expensive...add another $100 + more.I choose pm cuz my son is not an early bird, also gd, fees are cheaper...haha
happy.gif

Just paid the school fees today.Btw, u r billed for 2 months fees at one time..so it's a total of $1512 for me for 2 months' fees.

Hi JRJ
How old is ur child & what is the ratio like?
Did u bring ur child there or take the school bus?

Hi, JRJ, thanks for the details. Wow, only half day and so expensive! Any good private school around that area u would recommend? I prefer non aircon houses. N my boy is turning 2 years this Dec.

Hi Bonnie,
My boy is now 37mths ( 3yrs and 1 mth )...his class ratio is very good cuz I like it small..max of 8 pupils on Monday, other days only 6 pupils to 2 teachers at all time.

My hubby and I send and pick him up ourselves ...No school bus for him.

IanAn,
Pat's Sch House has never been cheap. Lim Ah Pin PAt's is the only PAt's with no air con. I am not too sure abt that area as I don't stay near Lim Ah Pin area. If u want Pat's associate school, u can try Our Junior School House near Thomson..They r gd and almost half the price of PAt's ( use Pat's curriculum )...u can check it out by. Heard from my friend that only 2 vacancies left for 2007...That pl is 'HOT'! But, big ratio..their max is 22 or 24 children to 2 teachers.

JRJ,
Thanks for your feedback. By the way, what time do you drop your child off and pick up your child if he is on half day pm programme.

I went down for a visit but was attended to by siew hong and the VP theresa. They are okay. But theresa told me for full day care, the timing is 7.30a.m - 6.00p.m which I thought was rather short. Also 7.30a.m is too late for my hubby and I to drop her off cuz both of us need to reach our workplace very early. They also only take in from 2 year old onwards which is diff from normal childcare centres whereby they take in children from 18 months old..

Hi

Ha i ask my frd already, seem like goinh to be full house. Only afternoon session available. the centre look old, but their curriculum and teachers are good. i already put my child on waiting list. Its in serangoon garden. i saw from the web they have two branches in serangoon.

Hi DAncingLizliz,
For pm prog, I willdrop him at 1.10pm so that he can hv his lunch and pick him up between 5-5.30pm.

PAt's is not exactly a childcare n they do operate a little differently ,i suppose. Wow, u need to reach work pl so early...r u a teacher in morning session ?
happy.gif
I was before I resigned a few yrs ago !

Hi all,

Went Pat school @ halifax and mt sinai(no air con) to observe how they carried out lesson 2 mths back. Think for older age group, program r more structured. balanced bilingual exposure. However for PG, feels dat is not worth the $. My neighbour who sent her 4 yr old son to Chiltern house but later trsf to Pat gave 2 thumbs up for the latter.
happy.gif

Hi Jsd,

How old is your kid and where did you put your kid - which branch of Amazing Star? How much are you paying for per month (full/half day)? Is there any bus transport provided? Kindly advise. Thanks.

hi, any mummies have any comments on Pat's in siglap? am planning to send my boy there.. went to see the school and met the principal already.. seems ok but just wanna get some feedback from mummies here..

jill: I have visited the place twice. Coz a cozy environment. For the babies, they seemed happy. For the toddlers, there are abt 13 kids currently. Only 8-9 kids r on full-day programme. They sleep n have their lessons in air-conditioned environment. Kids are well-behaved too. However, I feel that their classroom is a little small.

hi rae,
thanks very much. i'm keen on babyhaven, but i'm sooo worried about my baby falling ill. i just visited the place, i like the fact that the teachers sing to the babies. agree it's quite small, especially for ard 10 babies at any time. they have an ioniser in the bedroom. is it true that easier for babies to fall ill in aircon environment ?

jill: of coz, if they r placed in childcare or infantcare, they will be more prone to falling ill.
the ventilation is quite ok as they air their classrooms (air-con switched off, cleaning done by the cleaner) during their naptime.
If one of the kids is sick, weven ith a minor sickness mild cough/flu), other kids get it easily in an air-con environment since their immune system is not strong yet. Since they hv ioniser, I believe this reduces the likelihood of germs spreading ard.
Look on the bright side, your baby will be in gd care n is learning. My dd didn't attend infantcare. I have actually regretted to have chosen a helper instead of sending her to infantcare. The babies get to learn more fr the teachers than the maid.

hi rae,
yup, same reason why i thot infant care preferred to maid or nanny. guess now i can only try to boost my baby's immune system by BF and jabs and hope that he doesnt come down with anything too serious (touch wood!).

jill: true, BF can boost yr baby's immunity. but fees at baby haven is not cheap. More than 1k per mth. But u can save on enrichment fees. Keke... so, it's abt the same.

hi, i'm keen to enrol my boy in pat's when he turns 2 next yr. i was told need to register early as the places are taken up fast. any mummies can advise?
for mummies who had visited the school, how did u arrange? jus call and arrange a time or does the school have fixed "open hse" visits?

thanks!

Hi Jen

Their Full day fees is $850.00. But what i heard is their school has no more vancancy in the morning session.

Hi jsd,
Pats half day morning fee is $840, not full day. Their full day fee is 41200. My son is at Pats - only 2 words - THumbs UP :p Worth every cents. Yes, almost all 10 branches am session is full - gotta do advanced booking at Pats.

ng-mum,
Just call up the school n arrange a date for viewing - simple. No open house - not that i know of though.... :p

hi JRJ, i called up Pats last wk (Halifax Br) and was told advance booking not allowed leh..
u did advance booking? can i know how long in advance u registered ur child?

$840 is per month or per term?

thanks.

Hi JRJ,

You meam the Pat's associate school near Thomson you mentioned is called Our Junior School House ?
Do you have the address ?

Thanks

so Pats school house is really worth for every cents? As i m thinking if i should do some more research before registering my son at Mount Emily Pats, it 's very near our house and that's why Mt Emily Pat is our first choice. Any comments on Mt Emily Pats?

Hi

What about Pat's at Claymore? No one comments on this branch...any feedback? I am considering putting my 2.5 years gal there...we have go thru 2 full days trial class...my gal seem like the cc. Just to have more info before we sign on...
Any comments, pls? Thank you.

Hi,

Pat's at halifax is fully air-conditioned as well?
how's the teacher student ratio there?
are the teachers and curriculums good?

hi moomooko,
are you asking abt the child care or infant care?
Pat's baby haven is fully aircon, but depending on the weather, they also open the windows and use the fans. teacher student ratio 1:3. teachers are caring. not much of a curriculum, general baby care, there's a bit of music and movement actys.

I thought the fees is higher about $1K and above?

I ended going to another child care cause i don't see a point there if they are charging 4 figures for a child.

anyone has any comments about pats at buckley road?

i have a colleague who sent both her kids to pats @ claymore. she is particular about the education her kids receive and gives the thumbs up for pats @ claymore (in terms of hte teachers and environment). but claymore too far off for me...

Pats Sch House - thumbs up ! U really get what u pay for, not just the 'branding'....u will only know when yr child is there...the kind of effort the teachers put in n the work that the kids produce /learn - amazing. Eg : K2 doing reader's theatre and producing their own magazine n books !

Plus, the director, Pat Koh is such a dedicated educator. Happen to know her a little better and more - must say she has a heart for children n MOST importantly , she is willingly to invest in the children ! The kind of money she spent on the kids' when she engaged a well known music educator over to teach parents/kids + she bought all ( yes, ALL - no kidding, cuz I had a chat with the man himself who told me that my son is so bless to be at PSH cuz Mrs Koh really invests in them ! ) the musical instruments n hv them ship in from Aussie !

++ How many sch can afford 2 language teachers in a class for langauge immersion prog ? Not many cuz too ex. Most sch share teachers. Guess u shd look out for 'hidden' curriculum in a sch too :p

Hv fun in sch hunting yeah ! My boy will reminds me to wake him up the next morning for sch every nite b4 he sleeps...guess sch is really FUN for him .
happy.gif

Well Pats school house really seems to be good. The only thing is that it is soooo expenisive. Does anyone know about School House by the bay? Any comments?

Hi.

Anyone sends their toddler 20 months to pat's full day and has good recommendation about the branch? I am not concerned about their curiculum but am concerned about the "care". I did a trial at one of the popular branch and have concerns about the full day "care". Unfortunately, Halifax branch doesn't allow any trial.

Anyone?

Hi dailybread. I also share the same concern as you. Any mummies who send their kids to Pat's full day, pls advise us.

Thank you!

Hi, anybody has seen or has kid studying at pat's schoolhse in Siglap, pls share your experience or comments there, thinking of sending my kid there. Tks.

My niece is in Pat school house (Halifax) for 2 years. She is now 4+yo. She started with the D'story saturday programme before going for half days. Her fees is like $850 for half day plus one way school bus that cost $150. So that's a total of $1000!

I was very impress with their craft works. Like making elephant trunks with old socks and using straws to make skeleton. I would think that it is very time comsuming to prepare all these materials! And they always have 1 English and 1 Mandarin speaking teacher. And parents are also well informed with the comm book.

I would love to send my 2yo son there if not for the high fees. Was looking at 'The Nurture Cottage' at Mountbatten. They are associate of Pat's and uses Pat's curriculum. Has anyone visited them or have any comments on them?

My 21mth old daughter, Charlotte, goes to Pat's schoolhouse at Arena Country Club. She has been there since start of Jul 07. She attends the full day session.

Before we committed, we went on a Sat to look at the Premises, and trialed for two full days to get a feel of their teachers and whether Charlotte likes the environment. I was there the whole 2 full days, with Daddy joining us on the last half day. So, yes, they do allows trials.

We liked Pat's as the learning environment was clean, spacious, and well-lit. The teacher-children ratio was small, there is always two teachers, English and Chinese teacher around. Hence, Charlotte is more bilingual now.

Plus they are very creative with their crafts work, finger-painting, making collages with materials of different textures, face painting, mask painting etc. They also offers water play, sand play etc. There are daily music lessons as well.

One big plus is that there is no TV! We looked at other childcare centres and most allow the children to watch TV programs before and after classes. Over in Pat's, the children are occupied with play/music without TV!

Charlotte really likes going to school. She is also more vocal after attending school. Plus, she is defintely learning more at home than staying home with the maid!

Back