Any 1st-time Mummies?

Ruiying88

Hihi... I am new here and just recently know that I preggy and had went to consult a GP a mth back. From what the GP has calculated I shld be nearly to 9 wks preggy bu was told by my sis-in-law that only when I visit the gynae then will I know the exact wks of my pregnancy. Have yet to see a gynae yet, my 1st appointment will be on next Friday. Kinda excited and nervous at the same time. :oops:

For the past few weeks, my morning sickness has started. Was told by my mum that mine seem worst compared to the others. 1st, I started to feel dizzy and after which I started to have that nauseous feeling and it lasted for the whole day for at least 2 weeks. My appetite seem to reduce a lot especially during at night and interval of 2 hours I will feel super hungry. Currently no cravings yet. This week, my morning sickness starts to change "shift" from the entire day to late afternoon and I was kinda forced to lie on bed the entire day as when I am standing up or walking around I feel so dizzy. Lately I also realized that I am getting tired easily and also I get to have those chilling feeling for the past few days too. :(

Any suggestions to suppress the nausea and of course is it normal for a pregnant woman to feel cold? I really do hope that it will get better soon. :oops:

I'm first preggy too... Im week 6, lost my appetites and vomit often.. Did you gynae gave you a handbook about pregnancy? They wrote a little ginger or ginger ale might help...or prescription from gynae for anti nauseous while finding your comfort food, many said week 9/10 is worst soo my worst of hell has yet to come!

Nope, have yet to consult any gynae yet. My 1st appointment is actually next Friday. Lol Gonna ask for some advice frm the gynae. Some said the mornimg sickness could last thru out the whole pregnancy but mosy of them only experienced for their 1st trimester so I really hope I am just 1 of them. :D somemore now my emotion kinda haywire too, tend to get very emotional at times.

Ya I can feel it's kinda depressed when it's worst.. But how long does it last is not definite...some ppl dont even have ms at all

I'm first time too. And my pregnancy is via IVF. Thankful for just first try and we r successful. I'm into my 13 weeks today. Nice meeting u all here.

Hihi... I am new here and just recently know that I preggy and had went to consult a GP a mth back. From what the GP has calculated I shld be nearly to 9 wks preggy bu was told by my sis-in-law that only when I visit the gynae then will I know the exact wks of my pregnancy. Have yet to see a gynae yet, my 1st appointment will be on next Friday. Kinda excited and nervous at the same time. :oops:

For the past few weeks, my morning sickness has started. Was told by my mum that mine seem worst compared to the others. 1st, I started to feel dizzy and after which I started to have that nauseous feeling and it lasted for the whole day for at least 2 weeks. My appetite seem to reduce a lot especially during at night and interval of 2 hours I will feel super hungry. Currently no cravings yet. This week, my morning sickness starts to change "shift" from the entire day to late afternoon and I was kinda forced to lie on bed the entire day as when I am standing up or walking around I feel so dizzy. Lately I also realized that I am getting tired easily and also I get to have those chilling feeling for the past few days too. :(

Any suggestions to suppress the nausea and of course is it normal for a pregnant woman to feel cold? I really do hope that it will get better soon. :oops:
I am going through exactly what you are going through… dizziness, nausea, migraine and vomiting everyday since week 5. I'm only in my week 7 now. It's so miserable.. hopefully the hormone level gets more stabilised and the symptoms will be more manageable.

I am going through exactly what you are going through… dizziness, nausea, migraine and vomiting everyday since week 5. I'm only in my week 7 now. It's so miserable.. hopefully the hormone level gets more stabilised and the symptoms will be more manageable.
It will get better. My vomiting bout just improved and i am in my 10th week. Perservere! MS will go off soon.

It will get better. My vomiting bout just improved and i am in my 10th week. Perservere! MS will go off soon.
10th week sounds good! I'm really really hoping it'll be better. I'm always in the state of hunger yet really adverse to sight of food. It's silly but it makes me cry just to think about eating… I will vomit almost every meal I ate, however little I eat.

10th week sounds good! I'm really really hoping it'll be better. I'm always in the state of hunger yet really adverse to sight of food. It's silly but it makes me cry just to think about eating… I will vomit almost every meal I ate, however little I eat.
Yeah i understand. I went through full day MS for this and the earlier pregnancy. It just feels horrible every day. It will get better soon. I din manage to find any comfort food for this pregnancy and everything just goes into the toilet bowl. On hindsight, at least i can lose some weight with baby still growing well inside me.

Ruiying u can try taking isotonic drink or ginger water to stop the nausea

I did try 100+ and even 7-Up but it seem like don't work for me. I even tried orange juice, it works for the 1st few weeks but over the weekend, I kinda vomited out all the juice out. :(

First time mom to be here! Had morning sickness during my first tri, usually only happened at night. Funny thing is I could only puke in my own toilet bowl, so if I had a "feeling" during the day I had to hold off until I got home. :/

Some caffeine free tea may help you ease the nausea, my husband ordered some morning sickness tea online and it really helped a lot.

yes yes exactly, feeling so terrible esp now my MS kept shifting from whole day to mid afternoon to evening to night and now it seem to back to whole day again. :( I really cant wait to enter 2nd trimester and hopefully it would stabilize and no more MS. It tiring me out quite easily

Yeah i understand. I went through full day MS for this and the earlier pregnancy. It just feels horrible every day. It will get better soon. I din manage to find any comfort food for this pregnancy and everything just goes into the toilet bowl. On hindsight, at least i can lose some weight with baby still growing well inside me.

yes me too, feeling hungry every 2 hours. been growing some weight ever since and its "scaring" me as its just 1st trimester and I already gaining about 6kg since. cant really imagine how much more I am going to gain for the next few mths. My appetite thesedays seem to get better esp in the morning but during the night it becomes smaller and sometimes during midnight I feel so hungry. wanting to wake up and find foods but am too tired to do so, hence decided to wait till next day which is a bad bad decision. :(

My MS started sometime week 5-6.. and it keeps bugging me. Went for drips a couple of days ago because I was way too dehydrated. I am week 10 today and hoping things will get better. I am drinking pink dolphin because I can't keep plain water down.. and I feel it is not as sweet as those packet drinks.

I did try 100+ and even 7-Up but it seem like don't work for me. I even tried orange juice, it works for the 1st few weeks but over the weekend, I kinda vomited out all the juice out. :(
Ribena and isotonic drinks leave a metallic after taste in my mouth which made my nausea worse. I've to brush my tongue after every drink to get rid of the taste, then start gagging from the brushing. It's a viscous cycle… I've not found my comfort food either.

I'm first time too. I am about 5 week preg. Having Backache and not able to sleep well.. Nice meeting u all here.

Hi hi, also first time and have not visited gynae since waiting is better (save abit on consultation and at least the scan can show something). Nausea not serious yet but some foods and cooled down water is total no no alrdy. :) also looking for suitable alternative to water ..

Jia you to all mummies!

I'm taking 100+.. Feels better than ginger ale... But too much soft drink is not gd too..
I am just tolerating and taking warm water and a daily cup of milo. Trying not to turn to soft drinks or isotonic drinks, even fruit juice since they are terribly high in sugar and artifical chemicals. Never did take these much before also... :)

Ribena and isotonic drinks leave a metallic after taste in my mouth which made my nausea worse. I've to brush my tongue after every drink to get rid of the taste, then start gagging from the brushing. It's a viscous cycle… I've not found my comfort food either.

nowadays my mouth just have that bitter taste no matter what I drink still taste the same is as though I am lost the sense of taste. Have craving for luncheon meat last night but after eating, I vomited out the whole thing. haiz... my craving don't always work with the vomiting. :( My choices of foods kept changing every now and then.

My MS started sometime week 5-6.. and it keeps bugging me. Went for drips a couple of days ago because I was way too dehydrated. I am week 10 today and hoping things will get better. I am drinking pink dolphin because I can't keep plain water down.. and I feel it is not as sweet as those packet drinks.

plain water sometimes don't work on me too, but to prevent from dehydration I have no choice but now my hubby suspect them I am running low in sugar intake cuz I am avoiding all those sweet stuffs and now causing myself to feel dizzy everyday

Hi hi, also first time and have not visited gynae since waiting is better (save abit on consultation and at least the scan can show something). Nausea not serious yet but some foods and cooled down water is total no no alrdy. :) also looking for suitable alternative to water ..

Jia you to all mummies!

if not wrong, you can consult a gynae after 6 weeks, the scan will be able to show something by then. Too early no use cuz cant scan anything. :)

I drink pink dolphin too!! Cos plain water makes me throw up and I used to be a water bucket when I wasn't pregnant! I had to drink at least 2l then it's ironic now that I'm pregnant I can't stomach water. I have all-day sickness, never know when I will throw up. Hungry but eat liao throw up. I'm so glad I'm not the only miserable one :( my friends are preggers too and seem to be breezing through their pregnancies!

I drink pink dolphin too!! Cos plain water makes me throw up and I used to be a water bucket when I wasn't pregnant! I had to drink at least 2l then it's ironic now that I'm pregnant I can't stomach water. I have all-day sickness, never know when I will throw up. Hungry but eat liao throw up. I'm so glad I'm not the only miserable one :( my friends are preggers too and seem to be breezing through their pregnancies!

yeah my cousins and friends who were preggy also didn't have much issues but for me I have serious morning sickness from day to night and it kept changing shift. Causing me to lie on bed most of the time. How I "envy" those preggy women without less issues. :oops: even my hubby and mum say that I am way too lousy! :(

yeah my cousins and friends who were preggy also didn't have much issues but for me I have serious morning sickness from day to night and it kept changing shift. Causing me to lie on bed most of the time. How I "envy" those preggy women without less issues. :oops: even my hubby and mum say that I am way too lousy! :(
lousy meh, every pregnancy is different what! How far are you RY? I'm abt 10wks today, and every time my colleagues ask for lunch I get all jittery! Cos haven't told them and totally no mood when I see food! But I know I must eat (only to anticipate throwing up later)! Do u all by nauseous after in the car or taxi? Omg... I've been trying and wanting to have a baby so much and now I just feel guilty for suffering through these...

Only when I see Bb on the scan then I feel all is worth it!!

first time MTB too!

i'm 5 weeks 6 days now and am experiencing fatigue, minor lower back aches and toilet run at 3 am almost every night!
so far, no nausea or vomiting yet and i do hope it stays this way. :eek:

which sleeping posture do ya all usually use to sleep to prevent back aches?

I am just tolerating and taking warm water and a daily cup of milo. Trying not to turn to soft drinks or isotonic drinks, even fruit juice since they are terribly high in sugar and artifical chemicals. Never did take these much before also... :)
Hahaha I gave up alr

first time MTB too!

i'm 5 weeks 6 days now and am experiencing fatigue, minor lower back aches and toilet run at 3 am almost every night!

No postures work well for me

lousy meh, every pregnancy is different what! How far are you RY? I'm abt 10wks today, and every time my colleagues ask for lunch I get all jittery! Cos haven't told them and totally no mood when I see food! But I know I must eat (only to anticipate throwing up later)! Do u all by nauseous after in the car or taxi? Omg... I've been trying and wanting to have a baby so much and now I just feel guilty for suffering through these...

Only when I see Bb on the scan then I feel all is worth it!!

Me now 9 weeks+, just see my gynae today. My 1st appointment. Happy to see the ultrasound. ^^ yup i experienced that too before, riding on taxi and sometimes bus. For my case cuz mine is way too serious liao so basically my colleagues and boss know about it liao. Haha

first time MTB too!

I rmb reading a aricle saying tt slping on ur left is good. It helps the baby. I have been trying to do tt ever since by this week seem like my baby is throwing a "fit" haha dont like the position can only slp back on the bed no moving around lol

Interested to have a whatsapp grp for 1st time mummies! Anyone keen do tell me ur no and I will add u into the grp and we can all share our experiences and help each others relieve some "tension" ^^

congratz to myself. :( I have now just started my vomiting ceremony today! Gosh... vomiting every 2 hours. :confused: torturing!

Omg me too! Sometimes i feel like i cant go on another day with this. Quite traumatizing for a FTM. Im in my week 8 now. Really praying for it simmer down from week 12 onwards!!

Hihi, new to the forum and first-time mom to be. I'm 9 weeks preggy, with horrible morning sickness and loss of appetite. I'm being prescribed with diclectin to help me with the nauseous feeling. Cheers!

Hihi, new to the forum and first-time mom to be. I'm 9 weeks preggy, with horrible morning sickness and loss of appetite. I'm being prescribed with diclectin to help me with the nauseous feeling. Cheers!
Waa week 9 alr.. Who's your gynae? I am relying on med now to survive haha

Hi everyone,

I am also a first time mum, now in my week 8, I consulted gynae in week 5 did ultra scan, MS have been on and off, totally no appetite on any food and food all taste tasteless, keep having the metallic taste lingering on the tongue, drink plain water will also puke...can't wait for all these to be over!

Hello first time mummies! I'm also having my first baby, pregnancy via ivf. Don't really know what to expect, grateful for all the sharing and support here, and from family and close friends.

I am exactly 8 weeks today, morning sickness (or should i say whole day sickness) started around week 6. It was really bad in week 6 and 7 but i find eating Jacob's cream crackers help to calm it down. Also, the nausea is stronger if my stomach is empty.

A few days ago the MS eased a little, or could be i got used to it...i can actually feel hunger now! Never knew I'd miss feeling hungry lol!:p

Back