Angpow for confinement lady

Hmmm... for my first one, I gave $80 when she first came and $120 on her last day. I'll be interested to know the market rate too.
happy.gif

First ang pow I give $28. Some give $20. Some give $30. Last day ang pow depends on how satisfied u are. If really unhappy, $20-50. If happy, can range from $80-200.

lili gal, cld it be the rate depends on experience, demand & timing, eg. this year taken up fast. One CL on first contact told me straight "you know hor, you cannot terminate me halfway, must give me 2 angpows". Not surprising if next she'll stipulate the minimum amts.

i gave $80 when she came in Dec 10. And over the 4 weeks we have become so close to her and treated her as part of the family. We bought her a steamer from Best Denki and gave her $280 when it was time for her to go.

On her last day which was my daughter's one month, she gave my daughter SGD 180 in return. I was shocked. When she reached JB, she contacted us and chided us for giving her so much.

Anyway she was really good to us and for my daughter's one year old birthday she asked someone from JB to pass SGD 50 red packet for my little girl.

We were really touched and we kept asking her to come out for coffee or tea whenever she comes in to work but she refused. Anyway i missed my confinement lady so much and i wish to see her again. When i have my second one i wld definitely hire her again.

A good confinement lady sure goes a long way.

Hi tigerlily23,

I am looking for a confinement lady for oct this year. Will you recommend the nanny that u mentioned?

Hi All,

Would like to leave my email add here for those mummies looking for confinement lady. My mum has more than 19 years of experience. Interested kindly email to [email protected]. Slots available from August 2012 onwards. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :)

Regards,
Peggy

I was told to give $50 when she arrive, think its quite reasonable. On the last day i gave her $88, now reading through this thread seems a bit little kind of feel bad about it cause the nanny really did a very good job.

Back