Ameda Users

Hey,
don't boil the parts, the parts are very fragile! use hot water rinse it good enough already. The last time i also stupid go follow the manual, after boiling, the valve spoilt.
Yes, funnel = breast shell. All can be dismantle.

hi musicbox,

thanks.

when u wash the parts, do u detach all parts to wash?

i seem cant tk out the valve fr the breast shell leh~ must use force is it?

can the cap and bellow b separated fr the breast shell?

do u find warranty card inside the box? i dun see the card leh

Hi,
yes, detach all to wash, take note the valve can accumulate milk inside, so wash with the teat brush (although the manual said cannot, just be careful when you brush). The cap is the one connected with tube right? Yes, all can detach, use a little force. I purchased mine from overseas, so not sure about warranty card, but I know infantree only recognise warranty based on receipt, so make sure you keep your receipt.

yes musicbox, the white plastic which is attached to the tubes, n the cup like thg attached to the traslucent cup which attached to the breastshell, all i cant tk out.

can i jz wash them without detaching the parts?

must detach coz below and cap with tube cannot be washed. only wipe the below coz if wet it cannot function. only wash funnel, bottles, and the valve.

Hi anyone using the pumping pal (super shield and handsfree strap)?

can give some comment on that?

Thanks.

hi,

does anyone know shd i or shd i not sterilise funnel n bottle after each use? someone said better not, jz rinse with hot water?

after rinse, how do u keep them dry n clean till nx use?

Hi Jan jan,
You shd sterilise after each use, why I said rinse with hot water is because if boiling in water the funnel will crack easily, so if you're using tablet or steamer to sterilise then it is ok. Just don't boil it in water. After sterilise (be it tablet or steamer or boiling), the water is very difficult to dry, for me i just try to shake out the water and use it even there're some water inside. It is especially difficult to dry if you're using steamer.

thanks musicbox,

so r u rinsing them in hot water, then sterilise them, then keep them inside steriliser, n shake excess water off before nx use?

jan jan,
ha, for me, i'm using 3 methods:
1) at home, i boil my bottles, after off gas, i'll put in my breast pump when the water is still hot. After each use, i put back the bottles and pump into the water. I boil only once a day since my bb 3 mths old till now.
2) I also use steamer at home to sterilise those glass bottles coz scare the glass bottles will crack if i boil it, anyway i can't put so many things in the boiling water and the steamer is perfect for 8 glass bottles which i can steam 1 time everyday at one go and use for whole day.
3) at office, i use tablet for my pump coz very convenient, after use just put my pump back to the sterilise water.

The reason why i didn't use steamer for my pump at home is, if use steamer got to steam every time after i pump, very troublesome. The reason why I didn't use tablet is i don't like the chlorine smell, i only use it at office whereby no choice.

Before i use the bottles/ pump, i'll shake hard to shake off the water, but there'll be some water left behind which i think is ok.

musicbox,

so i guess i will jz wash the pump with hot water after every use, n only sterilise once a day will b suffice?

Halo jan,
You are using which method? if your baby is newborn and you are using stemer steriliser, you better sterilise every time after use, I only started using boiling and boil once a day after my bb 3 mths old, when her digestive system more stable. Before 3 mths, I was using both steamer and tablet, so I find it very troublesome and switched to boiling. Btw, last time I steam my bottles at 1 go and use it for whole day (I got about 4 milk bottles) and my gal then got trush infection. So if you really want to steam just once, make sure you use hot water to rinse the bottle and pump before each use. Remember is before each use, coz after sterilise if you don't keep properly gems can still get on the pumps and bottles.

hi,

does anyone have problem with the ameda adapter? recently mine is spoilt, been using disposable batteries but find it very ex to maintain.

Can i buy the adapter outside? if so, what's the market price?

musicbox,

i think i shd listen to u, wash n steam sterilise after each feed...before that i was jz scared that if sterilise too many times, the funnel will crack or somethg like that.

the valve i think no need to steam sterilise coz people say its extrememly fragile?

halo babyalychan,
new adaptor very ex, can searh this forum for second hand, got mine with funnel at $20.

halo jan,
steam will not crack the funnel, but boiling yes. ya, i learn my lesson not to heat the valve, after which it cant function
sad.gif

Hi,

musicbox, thanks. you got yours from a spree or from the wts forum?

will try to look out for one. btw do you sterilize the bellows as well?

halo,
DON't sterilise the below, never never do that!!!! hahahaha.....
Just use a dam cloth or tisu paper to wipe it clean, make sure it is dry before use, if not i'll not function.

cannot sterilise bellows? oh no, i've been doing it. also used it when wet fr sterilising. seems to function well.

musicbox,

then i think i shd sterilise only the funnels n bottles after every pumping session, but jz wash valves with hot water.

oh no.... cannot sterilise bellows?? i dint know leh. i tot the guide said all parts except double connector, tube and cap.

i guess i'll do the same as jan jan mentioned.

btw how long do we have to keep sterilising? until the baby is how old?

the bellows must be dry, that's what i learn fr experience and after checking with ameda. ya, wat jan does is correct.
need to sterilise till bb 1 yr old, some mother stop earlier, but i think 1 year is better.

my friend bought me Ameda breast pump (purely yours) from US as a gift. I am expecting a child this coming Oct. I think the AC adapter is US adapter. Was told by my husband that need to change to UK type. Is it true? Do you know where I can get and how much?

reading earlier msg that may have problems of using rechargable batteries...

hi wong fy,

i'm not sure abt the US set since mine was bought in spore. but i recently bought an adapter to replace my spoilt one. it was only a adjustable adapter with different power setting. can be used for other purposes too, it's at $27 from best denki. worked well for me.

i'm selling my ameda replacement valves at $6 with postage. interested, can pm me.

thks

Hi

I have a pair of brand new connectors to sell which allows you to pump your milk directly into Avent wide neck bottles. Pls PM me if you are interested.

hi jan jan,

i think the distributor recommend that we can start from the lowest for both suction and vacuum so that it will not be too 'harsh' on the pump. after tt you can slowly increase it to a comfortable level for yourself.

Hi jan jan,

so sorry, i meant both cycle and vacuum not the 'suction and vacuum' at the lowest setting, let the pump 'warm up', then slowly adjust up in my last message

yes, the no. of cycles is the frequency and the vacuum is the suction power.

hi,

anyone keen to get replacement valves to keep as extras? am asking my friend to help me get from US so can help to get if you need. Cost per valve is about $4 (Retailing at $8 in sg). Self collection in Clementi as I am still on maternity leave. Alternatively, collection in city hall after mid Dec if you are keeping them as extras.Do let me know by this Thurs(16 Oct).

hi,

yesterday suddenly my ameda pump suction power drops. when pumping, can hear the leakage sound, the bellow doesnt contract correctly. i changed the bellow, funnel and the tube, but still hv lower suction power. the bellow section is not wet, when i pump, however, some milk will spill up to the bellow area.

anyone hv this problem? not the motor problem rite?

Hi Jan,
if you can still hear the pumping sound from motor, then it is not motor's problem, it could be the valve.
I experienced same problem last time, i changed the valve then it is ok.

Jan Jan

U check if there is slit in the valve. Even a minor slit in the valve will affect the suction.

hi,

may i know how to clean the valve inside? i brushed gently inside the valve only ocassionally, when i saw some milk residue. wats the correct way to clean the valve?

the leakage of milk upwards towards the bellow area means faulty pump or something to do with the valve? i experienced it recently. this afternoon, one of the bellow just shrink upwards when the power is on. after adjusting, then it works normally. time to change valve? seems like ameda very sensitive.

jan jan
u can try using a cotton bud to remove the milk residue. normally i just soak in detergent, then rub a bit with fingers only. when i see more milk residue or black particles inside, will use cotton bud to remove.

my ameda didnt work properly again, hv changed the new valve, after 2 weeks, same problem again. the suction is not strong.

can i chk, if the opening of the valve is not fully close, can it work? mine the opening is slightly open, is it becoz of this the pump cant function well?

halo jan,
Ya, if open cannot work. change the valve, how you clean it? do you rinse with strong water flow? got to be gentle....

hi jan jan
me too, the valves are not fully closed, maybe bcoz i wash with strong water flow.

but so far still ok.. i also agree that the pump suction sot sot one..

recently i just found out that the cap must close properly, if not the bellow wont contract properly. then my pumping time is now longer. i need at least 20-30min each time to empty my breasts.

limmil,

yeah i am a oct mum.

i didnt clean the valve with strong water current. jz normal flow n rinse only.

when i pump, i can hear the 'leakage' sound, at first i think its the bellow got hole or wat. then must i change the valve? now with this valve, i can still pump, but the power is not so great liao, n i must squeese my breasts hard hard while pumping to squeeze d milk out, so tiring one...

if we buy from online the valve, how to ensure the valves r not 'opened'?

Back