Am I pregnant or not... pls advice

hi,
lynn, chen chuxuan,

in case u need some pregnancy tests, i have pregnancy test strips and midstream sticks to let go. Strips 10 pc for $7 only. Midstreams 4 pc $10 only. PM me if keen. thanks n good luck!

hi,
lynn, chen chuxuan, think its best to test using pregnancy kits, else u never know till u visit a doc.

in case u need some pregnancy tests, i have pregnancy test strips and midstream sticks to let go. Strips 10 pc for $7 only. Midstreams 4 pc $10 only. PM me if keen. thanks n good luck!

my nurse ever told me that after 2wks from the last intimacy you have, you can start to test. the test is best done first thing in the morning. not sure how accurate. cos i had never been successful in ttc.

Hi there, I am new to this thread. My cycle is a 34-35 or longer cycle. My period came on 2nd oct and My hubby and I just started trying this month. My tummy began to be VERY bloated and cramping from 15-17 Oct (like menses coming but shouldn't be as my period is not due) and ever since I have little or no appetite for food. No serious vomiting or nausea. But on 22nd oct i felt terrible nausea once as I was eating spicy food and oily stuff and since then avoided them all as I feel that I may just puke if i overeat or eat such food - again, no appetite for food. Tummy as of date is mildly bloated. I tried the 10mil pregnancy test kit (supposed highly sensitive one) on 22nd oct but it's negative - not sure if I tried it too early as i have not missed my period. pls advise.. not sure what to do. not sure if we r pregnant. thanks!

HI von, my cycle is alsolong like yours and it seems that if the cycle is long, the time taken for preg discovery is a bit later. I discovered my preg early at about week 5 during then in week 4 when i did a urine test in the polyclinic, it show a negative result. but 1 week later in week 5 the urine test suddenly became positive when the doc insist i redo another urine test at kk hospital after she knows i have a long period cycle.

My menses is not regular and I realised that after itimacy with my husband, I will miss two months menses but not due to pregnancy, I went for check up and doctor revert that I have no problem to conceive. My husband and I are planning to have kid. Doctor is not able to tell me what's the reason, is there anyone having such experience and able to pregnant?

Hi, i'm new here.. hi everybody..i've got lots of question, confused and need to know..im supposed to come menses yesterday or 1 day earlier..but it didnt appear. but today, theres a brownish discharge..is it possible dat im at early stage of pregnancy? me n hubby are trying to have a baby..its already 6 months trying but no +ve result yet.
sad.gif
should i buy a pregnancy kit to check or do i have to wait a week more..hmm..?

Hi Rizga

I think you should wait a week more and test again.
When i missed my period, i tested negative. one week later, i test again cos my period never come. and it turned out positive.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I need some help=( I had my menses on 7 Dec 2010 but I just test for preg test, it showed negative. Is it too early to test now? My last cycle is 37 days.

Hi Sharon,

Is your menses regular? if it's irregular like mine, i think wait for another week and test again.

I went to test after menses overdue 1 week and it came out -ve.

I tried a week after, it came out +ve.

If you are worried, suggest you visit a GP just to be sure. it's probably hormone imbalance or just late.

Hi, I saw from previous posts that many have missed mens for a week (with regular mens cycle) but still test -ve. Only a couple post back that they are preg, which means majority is really false alarm?

I've missed my mens for a week but test -ve. And I'm also experiencing prolong lower abdominal cramps, which never happened before. I'm worried could it be some signs of early miscarriage..

Should I wait for another week to test again or get a blood HCG to confirm?

Hi suparcat
Yes you shld wait cos sometimes test kit cant detect at very early stage. I test at 3rd wk while waiting for menses.

Hi Guava, a million apologises to reply u so late since jan 2011, thanks for giving me advice. I did went to see a gynae at KKH referred by my godsis but I dun find him good. I took medicine for my menses to come that time.

Now I very wori cos my menses supposed to come on 5 Nov, on 17 Nov, there's a very very faint 2nd line on my preg test kit which is not possible to be so faint. By right, the 2nd line should be very obvious right?

What should I do now??? =(

Hi Sharon, did you test more than once or just once? Based on what I know, the second line need not be v obvious to yield a positive result.. if its obvious enuf to be seen at one glance.. Then it may possibly be positive.

You may want to test more than once?

Hi Sharon
No worries! 2nd faint line could very well mean u r pregnant!
I had that as well. So i suggest u wait another week like i did and try the test again. That line will be clear by then. Baby dust for u, hope u succeed!! All d best!! :)

Btw no point see doc so fast also coz doc will do the same preg test using yr urine as well. Learnt from my experience...

Hi Trax, I just tested this morning and still can't see very obvious, thinking of doing a blood test with my gynae tomorrow. How come urine test can't tell this time?....=( sad and worry

Hi Guava, thanks for sharing yours with me=) I really hoped to get a more obvious 2nd line soon. But still worry..how many kids do you have? If you dun mind me asking ...

Hi Sharon, usu by 5th week, the urine test wld be q accurate. 4th maybe not yet..

When you checked the test this morn, can u see the second line at one glance?

All the best.. I went through this before so I understand your anxiety. For me in the end however, the urine test was still the best indicator.

Actually your gynae can perform a scan of your womb to check if you are pregnant.. but got to be after 4 weeks. Before that, may not be able to see anything.

Hi Trax, oic, actually now i aso duno how many weeks hehe=) nope, have to wait for a while then i spot faint 2nd line. what about scan on the tummy?

Hi Sharon, i only went to see gynae. He took my blood for test and diagnosed that i need to take clomid to produce eggs coz my ovary not producing much, there is also good and bad eggs. So, after 4 cycles of clomid, i got pregnant :)
Wish u good luck!

Hi Guava, thanks for yr wishes. I aso on Clomid, but my HB has v low sc...we've been trying and trying.

Yours is ger or boy?

Sharon, it's going to be a girl :) i can dress her up with accessories heehee. Now 28 weeks + , counting down wach day...very excited :-D

Hi Guava, wow you can start yr countdown already..ya, having a bb girl is good, can dress her like a princess. =)

I had my scan on tues, only can see lining thicken, urine test still faint, gynae say see me in 2 weeks' time, now so worry, can't sleep. Any advice for me?

Hi Sharon, let's wait till you see your gynae again.
Meantime, rest lots, eat healthily. Baby dust for you!

Hey Sharon, I saw my gynae when I was 3 weeks preg. Then the scan showed up nothing as it was still early.. I went to the gynae as I had v bad headaches and sore breasts. My body is v sensitive.

But 1 over week later, I tested positive on the urine test.

Good luck to u!

Hi Trax & Guava, just wondering i supposed to have my menses on 6 or 7 Nov, by right, now I have already missed my menses for how long? Still confused on how to calculate all these.

Hi Sharon are your menses irregular? If its 6 or 7 nov, by nw u sld be ard 2 mths preg already. But if it's irregular then it's uncertain.

Missed menses for 5 days and tested negative this morning. Am afraid that either my hcg hormone in unhealthily low or that something is wrong with my body. Have symptoms like extremely dry mouth, dizziness, breathlessness, frequent urination, headache and cramping. Really very worried
sad.gif
Wonder if I should go and see a doc or continue waiting and do a test myself again

Hi Sharon, Trax - Happy New year to you! Hope the new year brings happiness and new hope!

Hi e tan, think its better to wait another wait and test the kit again. Usually if you test too early, the HCG is low. good luck!

Hi Trax and Guava, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

Thanks for your wishes, Guava, I really hoped my wish will come true soon..a Baby dragon. =)

I seen my gynae, take med for menses to come, now hoping for a miracle to happen to me.

Hi e tan, I too have the same symptoms as you, but I got a feeling I might not be preg cos in 2009, I got a very quick postitive 2nd line once I missed my menses for a day but now I missed for 2 months but in the end, Doc say I too stress, that y menses delay. And Doc say normally, if you missed about two days of menses, the 2nd line will be fade pink, if no, think it's better to seek gynae's advice. If test still negative, mean you are preg and the doc will prescribe you med to take for your menses to come.

Hoped this helps you.

7 days past menses already. Took urine test today it's negative. Took blood test too but results not out yet. But I kinda not hopeful anymore

I have longer cycle of period last month is 32 and this month is supposed to be 48 and now is already 38 and i am feeling nausea, headaches, dizzy sore breats especially the nipple painfull. Is it a sign? or just pre menstrual sign? but i feel wierd.. feeling tired been sleeping early.. and still tired especially after 2pm.. hardly open my eyes and my Urine test yest still show negative and gynae do the Ultra sound said tt my lining is thicker. is it due to period coming? can i still be pregnant?

Pregnancy test aren't usually that accurate until you miss your period. Wait to see if you miss it.

If you do take a pregnancy test. There is really nothing you can do until then. Doctors can do a blood pregnancy that can tell you a little sooner.

Hi, I need advice. We tried to conceive (for the 1st time) on 18 March 12. Today is the 3rd week, i start to feel very nauseous, back-aching and breathless. Does that means I'm pregnant? Will the symptoms show so early stage?

PBLee: Thks for your reply. I bought the ovulation test kit and was told that i should test Day 12 (my cycle is 28 days). Today is Day 15 and I tried 3x and all negative. Does that means that if one is pregnant, will not ovulate?

Ovulation should be around day 14. Pregnancy test should be done the day you missed your period. And yes, if one is pregnant, will not ovulate.

1 week after conceive, will menses still come normally? For my case, yes. Isn't normal?
I tot menses came means not pregnant? My next menses (if not preg) should be ard 21 April. Should I use pregnancy kit now or wait till menses come?
Esp today, my heart beat very fast and feel 'men' at chest area

If you get your normal menses, it is unlikely you are pregnant. Wait till 22 April before you go for pregnancy test.

Back