Alkaline Water

Joanna L

Hello, I am looking to buy alkaline filters for my home usage as recently I shifted into my new BTO at punggol, the water here is really terrible. My kids have been getting rashes and I myself just got it. Doctor says it could be the water I drink. I hear that alkaline water removes the chlorine inside our water and actually detox our body! Any recommendations? I hear that Hydroflux and RUHENS SG are one of the leading brands in the market and there are other brands which you could buy off the shelves at departmental stores. I am looking of more of a package kind to last me long term

Triple Lifestyle are having a YEAR END SALES to welcome our yearly joyful festive Christmas and year 2017, to those who sign up our service maintenance package now till end of December will get to enjoy the benefit of a 10% OFF DISCOUNT. For cancer patient will get to enjoy a 20% OFF DISCOUNT. HURRY call us at (6208 5218) to get hold of this promotion by signing up our maintenance package to book your Free System and Free Installation, right now do not missed this chance to own a water filtration system for your family!
Book an appointment for a non obligation water demo with us and receive a Free Shower filter worth $58.

Package A:
$498 NETT
* Prices are inclusive of:
1 x Alkaline filtration System
1 x free Installation
1 x 18 months maintenance

Package B:
$1888 NETT package for undersink (6 Years maintenance) (U.P. $2388)
With a free gift to choose from (Hot & Cold dispenser OR Air Purifier) FREE!!!
* Prices are inclusive of:
3 x Water filter replacement
1 x Alkaline filtration System
1 x Free Installation
1 x Premium shower filter (Worth $58*) FREE!!!

*Payment method
1 time cheque payment
3 time cash in-house installment at 0% interest

*Year of Interest free installment plan for credit card.
OCBC 12 months.
SCB 12-36 months.
UOB 12 months.
CITIBANK 12 months.

Joanna, there can be various reasons for getting rashes. One could be the household products you use. I realised that when I switch to natural products and not commercial detergent, my kids stopped having eczema or rashes. I don't use alkaline water but filtered water at home. To alkalize my water, I use pure therapeutic grade essential oils and put in my water to drink. Citrus oils like lemon help to alkalize the water and is a simpler solution as it makes my water taste better too.

Can try Hyflo system, if you want to.
IMG_3952.JPG

Hi.. I'm also looking for hot and cold water dispenser for my new home. Wondering if there one dispenser can choose pure and alkaline water?

I read from http://alkalinewater.com/featured-articles/alkaline-water-and-children/

Medications – Alkaline water should not be given to children 30 minutes before or after they receive a dose of medication. Prescription or over the counter medications – it doesn’t matter. If you’ve just given your child alkaline water, wait 30 minutes before giving him or her the next dose of medication. Once you give the dose of medication, make sure you wait at least 30 minutes before allowing them to drink alkaline water again.

If you usually give your child water to wash away the taste of medicines, use the neutral setting on your water ionizer – this way they get clean, filtered water but no ionization has taken place so it is safe to drink with or immediately after a dose of medicine.

Hi.. I'm also looking for hot and cold water dispenser for my new home. Wondering if there one dispenser can choose pure and alkaline water?

I read from http://alkalinewater.com/featured-articles/alkaline-water-and-children/

Medications – Alkaline water should not be given to children 30 minutes before or after they receive a dose of medication. Prescription or over the counter medications – it doesn’t matter. If you’ve just given your child alkaline water, wait 30 minutes before giving him or her the next dose of medication. Once you give the dose of medication, make sure you wait at least 30 minutes before allowing them to drink alkaline water again.

If you usually give your child water to wash away the taste of medicines, use the neutral setting on your water ionizer – this way they get clean, filtered water but no ionization has taken place so it is safe to drink with or immediately after a dose of medicine.

Hi, are you still looking for one ?

• Not clear what you mean by "ionizer."
  • Evidently you need a whole-house water softener–to remove bothersome minerals–of which one effective type might be a de-ionizer aka "ion exchange resins." My father worked for Rohm & Haas when they first developed these circa 1970. So I used it for a science project and also drank "deionized water" for several years–which my father and I eventually decided is not a good idea.
  • So–just my personal opinion based on 45 years experience but–de-ionizers do not make good drinking water. This includes "Pur" and most of those things popular today. Many fancy drinking water things are basically de-ionizers and try to hide that fact. Anything using ion exchange process basically "flattens" the water–takes the natural electrical zing out–and also removes trace minerals. And the minerals as well as the electricity cannot simply be put back. (Even though some multi-level sales talk will imply otherwise.)
  • Reverse Osmosis is about the best purification process. (Just make sure that your well does not have serious chemical pollution. And that the RO filter quality is rated to remove all dangerous bacteria. And that an ion-exchange process is not added. Carbon filters might be added and that is alright.)
  • Steam distillation produces somewhat harsher water and is less effective.
  • Generally, those fancy expensive New Age type $1,000 to $4,000 things might do something magical. Friends of mine believe in some of them.
  • BUT–expensive magic water machines are not necessarily filters of poisons and parasitetes–read carefully.
  • AND–the better the water you start with, the better the water. No filter process is 100%. So–spending thousands of dollars on a never-clear-what-it-is "magic water" process never makes sense unless you have good water to begin with. Even if you do believe in the magic.
My final analysis after some 45 years:

• For whole-house "water softening" to prevent corrosion or blocking of pipes and water heaters, etc.: go to Home Depot, Sears, etc and see what is available, study the cost of replacement filters, etc.
  • But: be aware that "water softening" might also ensure that your water is not fit to drink, no matter what further process you use. I.e. if you use water softening then you really should drink bottled water. Because the water softening generally worsens the water in some respect for drinking. Either by deionizing or adding sodium or etc. There are magnets which supposedly replace water softeners but no idea whether they work or how many your would need.
  • For drinking water: if you do not have great water from your well, then get Poland Spring in the 3-liter crystal-clear bottles (not the frosty bottles). It's pretty good and reasonably priced. (But fresh in supermarkets–not expired from clearance outlets! Then it will have a bad plastic taste.)
  • For emergency water supply when traveling: study carefully, there are good things available for short-term use. That can remove deadly bacteria as well as chemical pollutants. Generally this must include deionizing for the chemical pollutants. Deionizing does not sterilize the water but is the best you can do for short term use for chemicals. Other processes can remove bacteria. But not for long term use. If you are not totally in the jungle–most places have decent bottled water, often controlled by Nestle corp. Just make sure the locals are not refilling it from the tap. Buy in reputable stores, not roadside stands.
  • For long term use, it is not sensible to start with bad water and try to filter it into good water. You just can't know how well this works and for how long and it is never 100%. Not to mention the side effects of over-pure deionized water. Acid-alkaline imbalance, demineralization of bones, etc.
  • Second best–you don't quite agree with me–so OK get a reverse osmosis machine. That is pretty good and does prevent the cost and bother of lugging bottles etc. (But if you have a "water softener" then patch-in a line that enables the reverse osmosis to access the virgin water before being "softened." AND make sure your RO machine includes something to take care of bacteria–and does not include deionizing–and that your water does not have serious lead pollution or agricultural chemicals etc.)
  • How to know how good your water is. The best is $500 testing several times a year. Secondly, find someone who seems very sensitive to the taste of water. Such people may seem hokey but, in my experience, generally turn out to know what they are talking about. Thirdly–after drinking one type for several months, suddenly try another type, such as Poland Spring in clear bottles. You might not have noticed how bad the water was–and then when tasting good water you might be struck by the difference.
Hope this helps.

Soluble Kangen water has a higher pH level than that of plain regular water. So advocates say that it can kill corrosive in your circulation system. Some say that basic water can assist with forestalling sickness, like malignant growth and coronary illness. Nonetheless, more examination is expected to check these cases.

Back