Agape Little Uni (Kallang) - Infant care

I visited recently to kallang branch for infant care .
well, did not enrol.

the first thing that catch my eye is the no. of H1N1 cases notice pasted at the door... 10++ plus case. OMG

i asked even the infant care section got it too..

which means the centre did not practice "contain the virus" once 1 or 2 cases arises.

they have 2 section for infant care (non-mobile and mobile)

the mobile toddler will be mixed with the non-mobile infant after 5 pm .

H1N1 from infant care section? what me knew there were 2 confirmed cases from PG... others,like 6 cases were suspected only. so far me is satisfy with the Hygiene level there ya.

Hi Leereiner/coffeedrinker,

Are you referring to H1N1 or HFMD? They have H1N1 cases now ? When did it started? Hmm...

hi coffeedrinker
it shd be hfmd and if i m not wrong, it started from the infant section then spread to PG, etc.

last fri, i quarrelled with the principal. one of the teacher checked my gal and said she is suspected with hfmd becos of the little ulcer at the corner of her mouth. i told the teacher that since thur, another teacher saw it and told me that likely is heaty and this stupid teacher say she got hfmd where my gal doesnt have fever nor red spots on hand. i was soo pissed and she asked principal to come out to talk to me. the principal told me to bring my gal home or else they will keep my gal in the principal office the whole day! deprive her of mixing with other kids and attend classes! i was so furious and told the principal off. reason being this is the second time that they claim my gal got hfmd. the last round, they saw 3 ulcer & kept my gal inside the principal room the whole afternoon and then ask me to bring her to see doctor. however, the doctor told us that it is not hfmd and wasted our $ just to queue up and get a paper to certify that she is not hfmd. even the doctor laugh at us. felt so stupid that time. so i question the principal that my gal is prone to have ulcer so everytime they see ulcer, they will claim is hfmd while they r not medically trained? and she say yes to my qtn. i was very furious that day and left the place on the spot with my gal and tell the principal that if that is her stand, i dont think i want to carry on with the CC. now i m going to explore other CC and once i found another CC, will transfer out. i like my gal teachers and the circulum is good but not the principal.

Hi Superbee, can understand your anger. I think the current principal not very experience and doesn't know how to handle situations well enough, or handle it tactfully. Previously under other principals, the school was quite good without any outbreak, even though there is no strict rules implemented.

Which class is your gal from? Personally, I agree some teachers are quite good, a pity the principal is not very up to the mark.

not aware of H1N1 ya... me saw HFM list only... a new list is up again... so new case... sianz!!! need to wash bed sheet eveyday again....

hi superbee,
medical trained? tot there are 2 RegisteredNurse there...

my gal had mouth ulcers too, which me didnt notice. Teacher J checked on her and said wld monitor her since no others parts have HFM symptoms. And she was allowed to enter the centre ya. Then me sent an e-mail to P to update me of my gal. And P called me that my gal was okay leh.

hi dazzle
my gal in PG.
happy.gif

hi Leereiner
oh they got nurse? who are they? nxt time if they suspect my gal again, i will ask for the "nurse" to certify her. Ya i wont be angry if last fri that chinese teacher & P didnt insist on suspecting my gal & ask me to bring her home on the spot. in fact my gal was puzzled too as i managed to drag her to school then within minutes, we are heading home! previous day(thu), my gal already got the ulcer and the chinese teacher from N1 saw and say most likely is heaty n monitor her while the other chinese teacher (dunno which level) on fri insist is ulcer and claim that her own child had hfmd b4 so she is "experience"!

anyone been to carpe diem @ pico centre? i just saw a flyer on mon that there is a CC by carpe diem @ pico centre leh...

<font face="tohama">Hi Superbee,

Teacher J &amp; Teacher A yo... N1 &amp; PG teachers, if me recall correctly ya.

chinese teacher from N1 is Teacher Doris, right?

so can describe the other chinese teacher who did the "scan"? keke just kpo yah

<font color="ff6000">CARPE DIEM</font> ya received the flyer too... keke... will you drop by for their OPEN HOUSE? is this weekends or next one eh?</font>

hi leereiner
oic ... too bad teacher A always come in late.. nowaday teacher J seldom open doors too... yup teacher doris is the one.
happy.gif
the chinese teacher is a china national(i think), slim, very fair and doesnt wear the polo t.

yup will be going over to their open hse this weekend to see the place. i called them yesterday and they already have a exiting class for N1. this is the second time that they r doing the open house....and they got program like magic show, activities, etc on their open hse day.

just curious anyone going for the parent-teacher session ah? saw the letter yesterday &amp; we cannot bring our child along wor...

hmmmm.... not wearing the uniform polo t... short hair eh?

teacher J always open the door one leh, me bring my gal there aro 0730hr ya... think she gotta go for class so she will be in the earlier shift...

2nd time open house? errr... so not enough kiddos?? didnt know there's cc @ PICO yo...

superbee, you are going hor? feedback here leh... okay bo? keke...

ya... me going for the PTS, chopped the 1st slot, 0800hr one... wanna hear what the new teacher gonna say nah...

nope.. its long hair one...

oh i alway go ard 8.30-9.15am so didnt get to see teacher j these days... my gal like teacher J and everytime if she open door for her, my gal dont cry. the rest except her own PG teacher, she will start to sob sob...
sad.gif

ya 2nd time cos they just open so they r actively recruiting but the N1 class already full...

sure will feedback if i m going.. :p cos hb may b working on weekend so if i got no transport to send my whole village there, dunno i will go or not.

oh u mean we need to chop slot on that saturday? i tot it is a 4 hr session from 8-12pm leh... so i read it wrongly ah?

ya need to chop the slot leh... the time slot is on a clipboard @ the attendance file yo.... think will be one to one talk bah...

the 1st (front) page is for infant, then PG, N1... or you wanna call to chop the time slot now...

my gal likes Teacher J too since she was her 1st teacher @ agape...

can kown the fee?

leereiner
thanks for telling me there is a clipboard.. finally found it this morning and chop a slot.
happy.gif
luckily PG is a small class so still got a lot of slots. :p
u mean the carpe diem fee? i think it's abt $700 after gst and subsidy for working mum.

<font face="tohama">anyone visit the carpe diem open house? me didnt go coz of the rain yeh...

wow... 700bucks <font color="ff0000">after</font> gst &amp; subsidy... this is EX yah... how come its fee is so much higher than agape?</font>

leereiner
i went to the open house on sunday. it is very spacious, new and open concept. there is no rooms partition except the infant room. more of low sections of play/toy area, reading area, water play area, music area, drawing/painting area, dining area, indoor playground, etc. they dont have a fixed structured programme like what time do what etc, it more like learn thr play and explore around concept. they have a wall for the kids to climb and whats lacking is they dont have a gym class yet but they have the facilities to do so. the fees is ex and it is a non-aircon environment though they have aircon(for backup purpose). if u r pico staff or pico tenant, u get discount. overall i like the place esp the toys, books &amp; furniture r brand new &amp; my gals enjoy running around the big place but i dont have idea how they conduct lesson cos they got nothing to show me except the project work done by K2 kids which is like the science project we done in primary school.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I also share the same views with many of you that the principal Michelle at Agape is really incompetent. It's a pity that we are all looking for alternatives because some of the teachers there are very good. I wonder how come the bosses are not doing anything to stop the Agape from turning into a lousy centre due to poor leadership from the principal. I think some of the teachers are also considering about leaving Agape...

Besides Carpe Diem, have any mummies visited The Little Skool House at Mountbatten Square? Any comments?

hi Superbee,

err... qns again hor...

how many kids/teachers are over @ carpe diem? ratio? will it be hot in the office premises w/o air-con?

wonder how they conduct lesson eh? w/o circum list? hmmmmm....

leereiner

oh they r new so they didnt tell me what is the current ratio. but the mgr who attend to me say for PG, they got 2 teachers but i wasn't introduce to the teachers.

well happen sunday was raining so they didnt on air-con and it was quite ok(not hot).

ya i also dunno how they conduct lesson and the mgr say they let the kids stay 30mins in each of the "area" and if the kids like, can stay longer in the area wor... my feel is this is something like montessori school where they believe in learn thr play than structure lesson?? one thing i like is their water play area... so fun!
happy.gif

my colleague's grandson cc was @ carpe diem (west side) but she said her grandson was not well prepare for P1, the foundation was not gd... hmmmm.....

Hi Superbee,Leereiner

Thank you for sharing on Carpe Diem. Will you be switching there? Agree the fees quite expensive..but I am starting to lose confidence in Agape...but I am also thinking twice to switch, cus I'm not sure if my kid can cope with the change.

Any other good child care around our area?

Hi,

May i know where is da bei?
I'm very pissed with Agape also but I wont be changing my elder boy since he'll be in K2 next year. Looking out for my younger boy instead.
Btw, I received circular yesterday that their infant fees is gonna increase to 1.6k! and recently my boy brought back a letter asking for consent for K1 and K2 children to perform during the end year grad concert. And parents have to pay for our child's costume, transport during rehearsals and food and that amounts to $120!
Personally i find the amount ridiculous. I understand that we have to pay for their costumes but food? I thought money for their food is already included in their school fees?
I'll go ask the principal for more details asap but i dont think i want my boy to participate in that.

Wow...$120 sounds like quite a bit for a concert event though I don't really know what is it all about.

Infant fee is $1.6k!?! After govt subsidy will still be a whopping $1k right... gosh! Our govt should check this out...the $4k/6k cash baby bonus is only good for 4-6 months of infantcare school fees.

*Still in shock*

<font face="tohama"><font color="ff6000">UHHHH??? 120bucks? drop jaws!!! the yr end concert not @ its own centre? then where? tot only grad will be combination with other agape centres yah.... me really dunno to part 120bucks for that...</font></font>

Da bei @ near lavendar mrt...

Only K1 and K2 children are involved in the performance and yes it's a combined thing with the other Agape centres. There are altogether 4 rehearsals at different places.
I also feel that $120 is way too ex. Now i am debating whether to let my boy have the experience of performing on stage or not.... It's a rare opportunity but i feel that the price is too much. Think the centre must have earned from that

<font face="tohama">but where will the performance hold?
so only year-end thingy? no grad ceremony kinda?

my frenz's one is both hor....

so if only 1 event, then me may consider, but only till K2 lor... no no for K1 lah...

my monthly pay not in gold bar leh, how to afford if for 2 events, 2 yrs eh (K1 &amp; K2)? </font>

Oh my, $1.6k for Infant care and $120 for year end concert? As parents, we can't deny the opportunity of letting our kids perform on stage. but $120 is too much..Blood-suckers...

The fees charged do not match the service provided. When we pay more, we expect better service, more premium standards, but I don't see it happening / improving, At least, not at this branch...grrr...getting from bad to worse..grr..

Hi,

did you all receive the letter that they are gonna change Principal again? Ms Michelle is going to another centre and a senior P, Mrs Neo, is taking over.

Btw, they are taking the K1 and K2 again for farm visits next thurs and they are charging $23 per child and $25 per accompanying adult. I brought my boy there last year and admission is free, provided you wanna feed the goats at $2 per pack of hay. I enquired about the charges and Ms Michelle told me they engaged a vendor to do it. I personally find it ridiculous. $23 per child excluding lunch. When i went there on my own, there were pple in charge there to bring us around and explain things to us. Even if there wasn;t the teachers should reccee the place and do some research and do the teaching instead.

It's not that we can't afford the charges but is it really necessary for this expense?

Tomorrow we're going to Butterfly Park... Cost $18 per child and $20 per adult (without lunch). Thought it is kinda expensive too but I'm not sure what the admission price is and didn't bother to find out so just paid for it. Any parents going?

<font size="+1">CHANGE AGAIN? Snr P to take over? from which branch eh?</font> me didnt rec'd any letter leh!

<font color="ff6000">err.... excursion? only K1 &amp; K2? even N1? how come N2 dont have eh? wah!!! $$$ issue again leh... how to cope the monies?</font>

saw the memo yo... and the Snr P is Donnie Neo...

Hi EiLiYa,
she's one of the "coffee drinker" involved ya... you know what me mean eh?

keke... me had a "coffee session" with michelle, ms lai and donnie neo ya... hmmmm... think this session was mentioned earlier here too yah...

Yah, another change in principal. When will it ever end ?

Leereiner, what did you talk to them about? How is Donnie Neo? I hope she stays...

me have doubts yah...

why Michelle has to go another centre? Is Kallang is training ground for P eh? So a <font size="+1">NEW P</font> gonna be train under Donnie Neo eh? Whichever centre is that Michelle is going should hire theirs mah... since we have get used to Michelle, now we have to build the rapport again?

Hi dazzle,

Donnie Neo is a Snr P, just taking over tentatively hor... A new P will be hire....

<font size="+2"><font color="119911">looking for agape boy uniform yah...</font></font> no choice hor... gotta send him in leh....

大悲 takes in 3Y old n gotta be diaper free then they accept leh....

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">do you need to buy the mattress eh?</font></font> now agape gave the price of 80bucks for mattress &amp; 2pcs covers!!! MONIES again yah... maybe get didi share w jiejie hor... keke...

<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">who still have the old price fee list eh? wanna compare how much has agape increase the price leh... </font></font> think even uniform price increased too....

siao leh... really monies not enough!!!

Wah say...so expensive!

I didn't buy the mattress so I'm not sure about it. I only remember uniform cost $104 (4 tops, 4 bottoms, 4 name tags)

err... didnt buy mattress or no need to buy? my gal's time no need to buy leh... just bot 2pcs cover... mattress provided FREE...

price of 104bucks for uniform eh... think count name tag as 1buck ea bah.... coz paid 100bucks for 4sets uniform plus name tags leh for my gal...

okay what else, price increased eh?

how much is N1 fee you are paying now?

PG is 500bucks.... but Snr P yet reply is there sibling discount leh.... remember is 30bucks off...

erm i tot everyone need to buy mattress??... i sign up in Jan this yr and they already tell me mattress &amp; cover got charges wor... but i smart, i got the mattress and bedsheet from my fren to pass down to me.... :D my PG fee is $600 also leh... got $500 meh??

When my son joined in Sept '09, I think have to pay for mattress but becos' he transferred from another CC so we brought over the mattress and cover. If I am not wrong, it costed $50 for the mattress at that time.

I pay $500 monthly for the fees.

just checked w sil, she's paying 500bucks leh for PG... enrolled in jul'09 bah....

huh?? 50bucks for such a small mattress... <font size="+2">any lobang to get that type of mattress eh?</font>

for the mattress, can get any cover? or muz die die use "AGAPE" one eh? keke...

finding ways to squeeze monies leh....

<font color="119911">Superbee, PG 600bucks (jan'10)
Leereiner's SIL, PG 500bucks (jul'09)
EiLiYa, N1 500bucks (sep'09)</font>

extract from e-mail...

2) the cost fee breakdown, like the registration fee, uniform, mattress cover, etc
=> $900 (Deposit)
$100 (Reg fee)
$3 (Insurance)
$104 (4 sets of Uniforms)
$80 (Mattress &amp; 2 pieces of mattress covers)
$600 (Fee without member discount after $300 govt. subsidy) / $500 (Fee with member discount after $300 govt. subsidy)

can enlighten me what does "<font size="+2">MEMBER</font>" mean eh?

mrs neo will be on leave for the next few days....

so far has any of you seen her eh? me no luck leh...

Hmm....I also never met the new principal before. If you didn't mention, I also forgot there is a change in principal. As I say, I'm quite bo chup type...

Back