Advise on how to apply for WTS section After 1 Yr of Joining

altho i haven't reach 1yo but i aso wan to know. aso, wan to know e defn of active cos e criteria said 1yo & active to apply.

babyapples,
go try a post tomorrow,
you may be able to do it.
happy.gif

Hi all, I'm not sure how to register to be able to post in WTS, but really want to do so.

I know i joined in Nov 06, but dunno exactly which date le...
Pls advise.

Thks

esh mummy, click on ur own nick, u can c tt u registered on 15 nov 06. but weird le, thot e restriction is for pp who joined aft 15 nov 06, unless it's on or aft 15 nov 06.

mine still cant too..
sad.gif

i just wrote an email bee lee..

hopefully she can help..

cos i waited long to post in the overseas spree section..
sad.gif

i guess chin leng & bee lee may not hv looked into opening up of wts & spree sects to new members who had turned 1yo since people is just turning 1yo tis mth.

Hi,

Members who have joined in Nov 2006, with active participation in the forum, are now able to participate in WTS and Overseas Spree sections. An email has already been sent out to those whose accounts have been activated.

This will be done on a monthly basis and members will receive an email notification.

If you have any query, please write to me directly at [email protected].

Thank you.

Regards
Bee Lee

wts = Members who have joined in Nov 2006, with active participation in the forum, are now able to participate in WTS and Overseas Spree sections

I recently saw a person who was legal to sell with only 2 postings in the WHOLE YR! Like that call active?

Hi mummymaid,

Members who have registered on and after 15 Nov 2006 were not able to post nor create a thread in WTS and Overseas Spree until today. Would appreciate if you can point me to the thread that you are referring to so that we can clarify if there is any misunderstanding.

Best regards
Bee Lee

bee lee, fr wat i interpret fr mummymaid's posting is e person cld hv activated her acct in nov 06 aft 15 nov. then thruout tis period, dun hv any or just 1 posting, then e 2nd posting is wts sect aredi aft she's allowed to post in wts. like tis call active? how do u define active participation?

BL
I saw last wk. Will need to open the threads one by one cos I dont remember the poster's name. I dont think I want to help u go thru the threads in order to find the person.

<font color="0000ff">Bunnybluey has got my msg correctly.</font>

Hi bunnybluey and mummymaid,

28 Nov 2007 is the first day where they are able to post in the restricted Marketplace. Before yesterday, members who registered on or after 15 Nov 2006 were not able to post in WTS or Overseas spree.

Since mummymaid saw the posting last week, the member do not belong to the group that I just activated. There could be a few possibilities that I can think of now:
1) this member had activated her account before 15 Nov '06 ;
2) the message was not posted in WTS section ;
However, I'm sorry that I will not be able to provide a definite answer or explanation without knowing the person or thread.

Thanks.

Best regards
Bee Lee

hi bee lee,

ok, maybe we'll let u know when we come across any mummy w really v. few postings & suddenly become so active in spree & wts sects when they turn 1yo. but can u pls def "active"? if a member doesn't even hv 100 postings in 1 yr (<10 postings in 1mth), then like tt aso consider active? maybe, these pp will get real "active" in wts/spree sects.

hi BL
tks for making my ac work again. Thot I say tks by helping to find the 2posts person who gain legal rights for wts. Spent 30mins random pick but no luck find.

Found this - how do u define active?
Reg 10/2004 with only 58posts
Reg 5/2005 with only 36posts
Reg 11/2006 with only 25posts
1098579.jpg

flukyhoney,
Members who had activated her account before 15 Nov '06 do not need to meet any criteria to post in WTS & Overseas Spree section.

pisces, we had hrd many times fr BL & CL tt e forum's purpose is supposed to encourage active participation in motherhood discussions & not e marketplace. y e restriction was imposed cos many newcomers just join to sell things or participate in wts, main interest is oni in marketplace, thus marketplace takes up a lot of e server's resources. we just felt tt e system is not fair for newcomers as there r aso many old timers who seldom or never appears in motherhood discussions & oni come in to sell things, tis aredi doesn't meet e forum's purpose. yet, they r allowed just becos they joined b4 e cut-off date.

is it our fault tt we oni become mothers in 2007? those who become mothers in 2008, is it their fault tt they oni become mothers then? sometimes, i find tt we r 2nd class citizens.

then e effort to report to mods abt newcomers posting in irrelevant sects to lelong stuff, doesn't such postings take up server resources & mods' time to investigate & remove e threads? then some threads r removed, some r not. those kanna removed, will complain y others' threads still ard? then mods gotta appear to explain. more postings created for this kinda things, wun they take up more resources? then mods gotta monitor who turn 1yo so tt can "promote" them to become regular members. tink mods got better things to do leh.

sometimes, i find tt tis is becoming v.unhealthy, causes a lot of unhappiness, like creating a war zone btwn members joining b4 & aft 15 nov 06. newcomers always hv old timers breathing down our necks tt we can't do tis, we can't do tt. we r all mothers, y can't we live in harmony? moving on, i tink there shd be a better way to control e resources consumed in marketplace.

bunnybluey > well said

I simply dont understand forumers not active, yet legal to sell AND were <font color="0000ff">given permission (Mod close one eye) to post sales/wte at free items ... NOT exchange, they just want to sell </font>and get cash. Such double standard! Look at their thread titles, some r so obvious.

Still remember the fact I put cash and my ac terminated in less then 4hrs ... there goes my shortlived ac of 5.5 mths, over 800 postings. So many ppl use sell, cash but never got suspended cos I see them still enjoying very well with their special 'permit' for DAYS or WEEKS. Why they have special treatment? The mummies who were doing 'volunteering work' didnt point them? Thot some of the threads were pointed but not removed? Some threads removed but the poster still happily hanging around.

<font color="ff0000">Only can say this - double standard, unfair to mummies reg after 15 Nov 06. Those ppl who got their wish to sell legally at wts, came to free item to flood (create our grievances), what's the morale?</font>

angelmum, u can try asking mod to let u hv ur acct back. mine has been suspended b4 & i've gotten it back.

maybe, they r out oni just to catch newcomers since they r aso considered old timers? so let us, e newcomers, in turn, catch those old timers. seriously speaking, those old timers who can sell freely in wts but yet, anyhow choose to post in free/wtb sects shd be dealt even more severely. if they dun set as gd examples for newcomers, how to expect newcomers follow e rules? their accts shd aso be suspended & if repeated offenders, shd be terminated, & then they hv to start anew. mods shd let them know tt dun tink u registered b4 15 nov 06 can anyhow, if make mistake, aso subject to some form of "punishment".

Hi Flukyhoney,

The users you highlighted were all members who registered prior to 15 Nov 2006; that's why they were able to post in the restricted section. For example, Penny09 registered her account on 10 Nov 2006.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Angelmum and Bunnybluey,

We are sorry that the current restriction inconveniences your participation in the forum. Implementing the restriction is not something we like but had to be done. It was the best solution we could think of at the moment. It may not have been obvious but it has helped reduced the server load and our workload tremendously. However, if you have any ideas on how we can make it better, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

bunnybluey & angelmum

this goes way back...
last time when WTS was free for all, many business users disguised themselves as moms & started profiteering from the WTS threads, eg many sizes for same design of dress, many BN pieces to sell etc. Thus the load on the server, consuming resources of the SMH forum etc. So in Nov 06, the Marketplace was segregated into several sections, eg Business threads, BPs, Sprees etc. Those coming in for profit are to pay the advertising fee & can promote their threads.

To discourage the 'banned' users from creating another disguise (ie nickname) and conduct business in WTS (so that they can siam the advertising fee), the "restriction" was imposed - that only members of 1 yr or more can post in certain sections.

So those of us with genuine accounts, who are mommies here to care & share, won't want to jeopardise our accounts (ie reputation) by conducting business in WTS.

It's not a means of separating genuine users who are before & after Nov '06. Like what CL said, if u hv any better ideas, pls feell free to share. But i believe the team has thought thru the various options before deciding on this method.

Hope this clarifies things.

Jen
I wrote email<font color="ff0000">s</font> once being suspended but no reply fm Mod - even highlighted ppl who used cash or indicated sales/wts but were still hanging around much much longer den me. Some even happily completed their threads
angry.gif

That ac with over 800 postings (was active in the many threads) in less den half a yr has gone with the wind ...

Chin Leng & Wendyg,

I posted another concern, which both of u, failed to address. What about people who joined before 15 nov 06? They are allowed to sell things in WTS, but there's an increasing trend that these people are selling in FREE & WTB sects. Does that mean that these people who have the license to sell can anyhow post, i.e. FREE & WTB sects to sell things? I don't see the moderators doing anything to deal with them. This would send the wrong signal to new users.

1) As long as one obtains the "license" to sell, they can sell anywhere.
2) Newcomers saw these people selling in FREE & WTB sects, so not knowing that it's wrong, they also follow to do so.
3) Newcomers selling threads in FREE & WTB sects are removed & some got their accts suspended; however, doesn't see the same thing being applied to old timers. Newcomers felt injustice & unfair.

Hi,

I'm registered in Dec 2006 and would like to post on the WTS and Overseas site for some purchases, was advised by Carole to send an email to the moderator to request for account activation, sent an email last week, but no reply so far, would really appreciate it if someone can help me on this, thanks.

Hi

I registered in Nov 2006. To date i am still not able to post in spree thread. Like Muddypie, i have written to the moderator, but no reply too. Can someone please help.

Thanks.

Hi Chin Leng

I am unable to post in spree thread too alto registered in Apr 2007, can you assist.

Thanks!

sorry I just KPO here...

Kelly and RainV,
both of you registered on 19th April 2007. Today is only 8th April 2008 lah.

Hence, you need to wait until after 19th April 2008 to be able to post on WTS / Overseas Spree section.

Hi there,

Understand that we are not able to post under the spree and wts thread if not a member for at least one year. But what about post a reply for a thread in either topic? I was unable to reply in both topic when I wanted to buy something from there, is this the restriction for young members also? Can someone enlighten me please?

hi, i joined in march 2007, same here cant post. am active in the overseas sprees but always contact via pm to the organiser hence my post number is still showing low.

hi me2u,
You can email the Moderator to ask.
But I suspect the reason is because you do not actively participate in those motherhood/parenting/pregnancy topics or threads.

Browsing around this site i find a lot of unhappy and disappointed mummies, just hope that ppl managing this site find more creative ways of regulating this site other than posting restrictions.

jubel64,
my 2 cents:-
the MAIN purpose of this forum is for us mummies (&amp; daddies) to share and learn more about motherhood/parenting/pregnancy. All these topics are open to everyone i.e. no restrictions.
The restriction is only on the Overseas Spree and WTS section, which in my opinion is secondary. If one's main purpose to join this forum is to sell and buy things, then this is not the correct forum to go to. They should just go to ebay, yahoo auction or similar website.

The Moderators are already doing their best to satisfy everyone but because of their limited resources &amp; budget, so far this is the best they can do.

p.s:-I don't find this restriction much of an issue. I also has just been granted access to the restricted sections. i.e. I too had waited for 1 year.

thanks emma. i find the motherhood/parenting/pregnancy topics can be abit organised cos currently everything are lump into 1 place but considering the lack of resources and budget, so now i understand.

cos for myself, a mother of 2 toddlers, am interested eg. in the preparation of kindergarden or enrichment classes etc. but having to go thro the long list of topics in the motherhood/parenting/pregnancy to search for the relevant topics takes up quite a while.

same goes for posting a topic, unless unique symbols is used, otherwise its difficult to find back for replies.

these are my opinions.

Previously, my old account has been suspended despite a few emails sent to re-activate the account. I have already given up hope in receiving any replies from the moderator. Thus create another new account. Now im waiting for the 'green light' to use the WTS section. Will see if i can receive it when the time comes.

Hi moderator,
Since there's so many queries on how to be able to post on oversea spree &amp; WTS, why don't u let us know what is the new citeria to meet. (eg how many posting, etc) insteading of everyone keep pondering?
Thanks!

One thing to add, i think the posting restriction should be imposed on those who is starting a BP or oversea spree instead of those who want to join. Recently alot of very new member join motherhood forum just to start a BP. Maybe the moderater can limit that whoever wanted to start a BP or oversea spree must have a certain amount of posting or have to leave the contact with the moderator, etc. Pls seriously consider.
Thanks

Back