Advise on good kindergarten in the east

Hi all mommies,

I would strongly recommend St. Hilda's Kindergarten, my son was transferred from a very bad kindergarten (at Kaki Bukit) to St. Hilda's last year in late sept. First day to the new school, never cried and also didn't cry at all.

When my son joined was very near to their school concert, but my son did so well at the concert for only 6weeks of practices, not sure how his teacher can train him to do so well. I believe is her passion of love towards the children, her ways of motivating and encouraging the children.

What Dorie have shared is very truth about the school, i strongly agreed with her and have the same feel too. If you like discipline and homework, is good to send your child to St. Hilda's Kindergarten.

The principle is a very humble woman, my son like her so much. He also like the school environment although is non air-con.

Hi sulivyn,

i am also looking for school for my 2 yr old, how do you find Brighton at Frankel, what's the ratio for the student & teacher, is the teacher good and loving, and how much is the monthly school fees, is it expensive? Hope you can share your experience with me, tks alot.

My son is in Fort Road Brighton. I am generally very happy with the cirriculum. Teachers are friendly and kids are loved in school. Achedemically, they are strong as well. The only thing is that it is very $$

Hi..any mummies able to share views on Bethesda (Katong) Kindergarten at Frankel and St.Hilda Kindergarten..

I'm currently deciding between these 2 for nursery...

Any mummies able to share in details on the programme in St.Hilda (Pre Nursery Level)

Thank you....: )

Dreambabyd

You can read through the posts, some of our kids are in St hildas. I know that PN do writing as well... MY friend's son is currently in the PN class and she is very happy with her child's progress. If you want to put your child in SH, you may have to register early as there is a waiting list.

As for Bethesda, sorry I have no info on it...
happy.gif

Hi sj

Thanks..my son actually on waiting list for SH.. but i would like to know in details like which programme they use for phonics...etc

Is their programme very academic base to the extend very little play for creativity so on...

Hope some mummies can share..

Thanks

hi mummies,

read yr positive comments on St. Hilda's Kinder - shall enrol my son for next year PN1.

Is it too early to enrol now?

Ttt

It is in fact better that you enrol early especially if you want your son in the morning class. I waited 1 yr....

Hi Corrine,

I am also staying in Aljunied area. But I sent my kids to St Hildas. I can't really find any good kindy around Aljunied area that are good. I never regret that I sent them to SH. It is really a good school. My kids are shy & quiet. Teachers in SH have really put in their effort to teach the kids and my kids are more confident although they are still quiet in class. I would strongly recommend SH. If you want to register you kid, you have to do it early.

My kids go there by school bus that was arranged in SH during the orientation. The aunty & uncle in the bus are really friendly & kind. They really take good care of the kids.

I really feel blessed that my kids are well taken care by the principal and teachers of SH and even the bus aunty & uncle.

hi ssm,
i know of some people who have sent their children to holy grace and all their feedback was very good.

i have visited the school a few times myself cos my nieces are there and it seems that the whole atmosphere is cheery and teachers and children are very enthusiastic and participative. my nieces tell me they enjoy school very much.

i have enrolled my daughter there for next year.

on the other hand, my SIL sends her girls to SH. the girls can spell well and they are well-behaved and keen to learn. but got alot of homework.

but i prefer activity-based learning and i like the very lively environment so i chose holygrace.

hi 2005,
finally! i've been asking around and no one seems to send their kids to HG. Both me and hub went down to take a look at the school and we both like it so much. Firstly, the place is very organised, clean and like u said, the whole atmosphere is so lively and cheery. When we were there, we saw the nursery class going back to their classroom, holding their partners hands and some were skipping happily. I heard the teachers are very caring too. The staff who showed us around mentioned that they used to give out worksheets for the kids to bring home to do during the weekends but some parents complained that they shldnt stress the kids. So now they stopped giving homework. BTW how's the curriculum at HG? I heard alot good reviews on SH but when i called up recently, the morning session are all taken up and also becos SH is abit far from my house, dont want the poor girl take long bus ride. Anyway, I have already registered my girl at HG for next yr's K1. Is yr girl going there for K1 too?

Hi Hippo,Amie,Cherly

Is your kids started pre-nursery / kindergarden at Bethesda Bedok, how is it good? Can share?

My girl born in May 2006, i h've made enquiry & was told that next year pre nursery will open for public registration soon, noticed their fees has been increased to $600/term may be they have just build up the new building i guess.

fun wise, quite good, both my girls learnt plenty of songs & enjoyed going to school.

academic wise, need to supplement with enrichments.

dd1 in K2 class said some of her classmates who have been with the kindergarten since nursery level still couldn't read

no increase in fees. Pre-nursery is $600/term all these while

Hi Hippo,

Thanks for your info, oh i have made a mistake on their fees. At K2 stage thought suppose can read right ! Will it a problem for P1 preparation? If kindergarten academic still insufficient prepare for P1, without attending enrichments u think own teaching at home and provide accesesment practice is it enough to prepare to go P1. This what my colleguea did for her 3 kids, i think is also depands on individual children.

Yes, I also thought that kids should be able to read by K2 level

I teach my girl at home, supplement with P1 assessment books

hi ssm,
one of the feedback i got is that they conduct excellent chinese lessons. my nieces who are seldom exposed to the language can speak their mother tongue decently after attending for just 3 mths. and they became much more receptive to mandarin. i think this is unique to HG as they are known for their strong chinese background.a principal fr another church kindergarten also told me that.

i also love the genuine enthusiasum in their teachers and how this rubbed onto the children. i think this is very evident in HG.

my girl will be going into their nursery next yr. i wish they have a pre-N too but they dont offer.

contrary to ur situation, st hildas is actually nearer to me...

Hello mommies & daddies
My friend recently created a blog on “Child care centres in Singapore”, which she hopes to help parents make informed decision on child care and pre-school choices for their kids. The blog has a list of preschools and child care centres (CCC) in Singapore, with their contact info and parents’ comments on them. As she has just created the blog, there are no comments on the CCC yet. So she’d like to appeal to you (parents) to contribute your comments and feedback on the CCC which your child has enrolled in. Your opinion and comments would help other parents when they are looking for CCC and preschools for their child.

If your child’s CCC is not in the list, u can suggest for her to include in it.
url: http://sgschools.blogspot.com/

Please help to support. Thank you very much!

Hi
Am planning to switch school for my girl who will be in K2 next year. Need to shift her to school nearer to Bedok or Tampines. I heard about St Hildas and personally I am very very keen. But Katong one is abit too far I feel. Is there one in Tampines?

Luvet,

Yes my gal is in Bethesda Bedok for nursary, so far so good for her. She can read chinese book and some english words. She can also able to spell look, cat, car etc

The school is opening for public registration tomorrow from 8.30am to 11.30am.

Luvet,

My boy is in BBTK nursery too. So far so good, most important thing is he enjoyed schoool everyday. Planned to put my 2nd one in pre-N next yr but too bad they are not having 1st session for pre-N. So now i'm looking for playgroup / enrichment course for my younger boy born in 2006. Will skip Pre N next year and register for the BBTK nursery the following year.

Luvet,

My boy is in BBTK nursery too. So far so good, most important thing is he enjoyed schoool everyday. Planned to put my 2nd one in pre-N next yr but too bad they are not having 1st session for pre-N. So now i'm looking for playgroup / enrichment course for my younger boy born in 2006. Will skip Pre N next year and register for the BBTK nursery the following year.

Cherly, Amie

my girl in nursery too.

Next year there will only be one K1 class in 2nd session to make way for 2 pre-N classes

Hi amie,cheryl

My girl born in 2006 also, prefer 1st session since they dont have it i will register for Nursery next year. Amie, have you found any playgroup? I'm looking for playgroup for my girl too.

Luvet,

My boy is born in 2006 but have yet decided if to register him at Bedok as myself is staying at Tampines. Will be bringing my gal back to Tampines for her primary so thinking to put my boy in Tampines for his nursary as well.

Cherly

my girl in 2nd session. I am switching her to 1st session for her K1 next year

Actually I prefer 2nd session timing, don't have to wake up so early mah
wink.gif

Luvet,
no leh, hvn't decided on any playgroup. But not going for any daily classes because i'm working full time and nobody can help to fetch my son to n back from school. Tats y i wanted 1st session pre N so tat my younger boy can go to school together with his elder brother.

So far the playgroups i hv in mind are Jossiah Montessori (twice a week) and My Gym playgroup (have not called them yet).

amie, cherly

kindergarten had 5 cases of HFMD. I'm quite concerned. One even in the same class as my girl. Don't know whether I should keep them at home...

hippo,

This morning I was asked to bring my son home coz he has an ulcer in the mouth. But other than the ulcer which was already there for more than 4 to 5 days, there are no other symptoms. To play safe, we had seen a doctor and is keeping him at home for the rest of this week.

By the way how do you know there are 5 cases? Did BBTK inform all parents? I wasn't aware.

hippo/amie,

The school didnt tell us there are 5 cases rite? I only know there is 1 case reported on saturday.

amie,

Since your son is in same class as my gal, are they having excursion on 3 April? Any idea where are they going?

I asked their teachers. The circular didn't specify how many cases. I heard before March school holiday already got 1 case. Last Sat is the 5th case.

got excursion for nursery? I didn't receive any notice on that

sleepy resolution,

Your child also in nursery? Is in a note that they given on last term. 3 April is excursion day for nursery & K1 and 4 April is excursion for K2. So 4 April is the school holiday for nursery student.

Amie,

Its a list with whole year event. Anyway, they given a note to inform the excursion is cancel due to HFMD.

oic. i have the whole yr event but din know they gave a note, my MIL didn't tell me. My boy is now under the care of my MIL n i took leave to take care of my younger one, separate them in case my elder one brings home the virus.

cherly, amie

if you receive any important circular, can keep me informed?

grounding my kids at home till this HFMD blow over in the kindergarten. No access to kindergarten news

thanks in advance
happy.gif

Cherly, yes i received a note last week abt the case in F2. I suppose they are referring to my boy coz he was diagnosed initially as HFMD but end up it was a false alarm and the doc did not advise the school again.

My boy had just one ulcer which cleared after 2 days and he ate well and played well, no red spots or fever. I asked the doc how she confirm whether it is HFMD and she said 'by clinical symptoms' which in my son's case is just one ulcer, no fever no red spots! It inconvenienced us, but I understand the need to play safe just in case it is really HFMD, so i took child MC and separated my 2 boys. But i feel at least the PD shld hv informed MOH and BBTK that it was a false alarm. I had kept my son away from school coz i saw from hippo's earlier posting about the 5 cases in BBTK. Did you receive any note about the 5 cases? I did not leh.

I wonder how many cases out there are similar to mine. If doctors do not inform MOH about false alarms, then the figures are not accurate.

So don't worry, there is actually no HFMD case in F2.

Back