(Advise Needed) Gina Ford's Baby Sleeping Method

3-month old can feed 4 hourly intervals?

My last feed at 7pm, 11pm - dream feed. Still hear noises from 3-7am like gilera's case.. hehehe..

help...

oh yes i agree... the repeated stirring but actually babies are sleeping...

only solution is sleep in another room?

Jess: Did you apply GF or BW method or just naturally?

Hi mummies, help help help! T_T my boy is turning 9 monts in two days time, but he still keep waking up every 2-3 hrly at night! and daytime i nid to work, at night cant slp well, i really going crazy soon! T_T do ur think GF / whisperer method can help me??

btw, he do not have a fix feeding schedule since much younger, bcos we cant catch his pattern, and when he refuse to drink, he will scream, we just cant force him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] when i am at home i will BF him, while my mil will bottle feed him when i working... during weekends sometimes he just wanna latch, so difficult to fix the feeding time!! T_T btw, i will go home during lunch time and latch him, do u think tat will mass up his feeding schedule??

We tried to intro dream feed at 11pm when he wass ard 4/5 months, but it doesn't work for him, bcos he just refuse to open his mouth even he is sleeping =.= so after that we stop...

hi, i started my son on the GF routine when he was about 3wks old. however, as he fell sick during that time (he's still sick, 6 wks old now), it's kinda hard to follow the routine strictly.

LO is not colicky and he's EBF-ing. he falls asleep relatively easily.

some observations:

- LO does wake up at 7am and fall asleep at 9am.

- at time, it's hard to keep him awake during the 10.30-11.30am slot

- although i put LO to sleep at 7pm, he wakes at 9pm and sometimes doesn't sleep till 12am.

- LO still wakes up 2x in the night for feeds. once around 2-3am, and then 4-5am. it varies.

i've some questions:

1. GF said to feed for 20-25 mins. it's totally impossible with LO because he's done in 10 mins. how do you extend the feeding time?

2. how do i get LO to sleep from 7pm-10.30pm?

3. is his cough preventing the routine from working its magic?

4. LO sometimes feed with his eyes closed. is he sleeping or awake?

i want to settle LO onto a routine before i go back to work in about 6 wks' time. is it too idealistic to rely on GF? LO's schedule seems to change everyday as much as i try to stick to the routine (not the expressing part though). i'm so distressed =`(

does anyone have more success with the 'sleep easy' or 'no-cry sleep solution' tactics?

hi metta

its always very promising that theres a one for all method.. i am reading on baby whisperer. but reality is all babies are different and all babaies change habits all the time.

i too wish for a text book baby and just apply the rules and that all will be easy.

ur bb still very young at 6 weeks. mine is nearing 5 months. hv you not brought him to cure his cough?

i am not into cry to sleep - it ruins the trust bb has in you.

i am into accidental paretning - doing anything to hush bb , but so far he knows nighttime but stirs at dawn which tires me out. i am already back to work...

do try to have more activities in day time (need not be loud and busy kind),, a calmer evening time n full up his tank and hope he sleeps night till 7am...

gilera > we've brought him to the PD who recommended us to rush to KKH A&E because she suspected he caught RSV. however, after a day of observation, the doc at KKH gave him the clean bill of health. LO is still nursing a cough but he's getting much better.

yessica > he kinda falls to zz at 9ish am in the morning

in the past wk i've incorporated parts of the GF method and baby's natural body clock to set up a semblance of a routine. feeling more at ease now!

Hi Jess,

My bb is 7 weeks old and his feeding n sleeping routine is very much like your bb (I.e. Feed on 3 hourly interval with 150ml milk and last feed around 10pm). But he consistently wakes up at 1/2am n 4/5am for feeding. After feeding, he appears satisfied and goes straight to bed and does not stir.

Im trying to get him sleep throughout the night by cutting out the 1/2am n 4/5am feed. When he wakes up, I give him plain water, instead of milk (some frens taught me this method). I've tried 2 nights and he actually scream n cry from 2-4am n wake up again 530am.. This is suppose to help him sleep thru without milk but ended up worse.. Cos instead of waking up consistent at 1/2am n 4/5am and feed and fall asleep immediately, i now hav to force plain water to him n he protest from 2-4am..

Could u share with me how ur bb cut the 1am on his own n sleep thru the night at 8 weeks..?

Hi, not sure if my issue is applicable here. Hopefully mummies can help.

Baby is currently on the babywise / EASY 4-Hr schedule and full bf.

Since 2m old, my baby cries and fuss before naps and wakes up at the 30min mark. He is now 4m - how can I get him to nap without crying and have longer naps? We checked diaper, wind, reflux, temperature etc; tried carrying/petting at 25-min/giving pacifier/white-noise/a different bed but failed. Baby has no issue sleeping at night though. My MIL suggested feeding him so that he can nap better as that's how they feed babies in their times. I researched and it was always recommended to feed AFTER sleep. TIA

Back