Advise needed for Cradle cap

huiqi16

Mummies, what do u apply when bb has cradle cap??

Any mummies recommend vaseline to apply on the scalp???

My bb's scalp is very dry and is flaking badly, not sure what to apply

hi
when my bb has cradle cap i will pour some johnson baby oil on her head n after 5min use a comb to gently brush out the cradle cap. can also use olive oil.

Hi qi, u can buy those cradle cap shampoo for ur bb.. I used tat for my boy before, recommended by his PD.

Hi mini,

u were saying pour the oil and after 5 mins, use a comb to brush out the flakiness of the skin, but does it hurt???

It seems like it will be a little pain

Hi qiqi, can't rmb e brand of e shampoo, been 4 yrs bck.. Think u can check out from Guardian, if i'm not wrong, its in a green n white box packaging with a bb face.

Hi qiqi, you can get the cradle cap's treatment shampoo from guardian - Dentinox Cradle cap shampoo. Very good. About $11 plus. My gal using it.

Hi qiqi,
I use Mustela cradle cap shampoo and SebaMed Speacial Healing Cream on his scalp and it works well for him.

Olive oil not so effective on my son compare to the healing cream but u got to rub the cream on the scalp till u see no excessive cream.

You may like to give it a try. :D

hi... oil is the best.. n it doesnt hurt whn u comb.. wht i did was i put oil, thn 10min time i'l use my palm to rub on bb head.. slowly it peel off.. my girl had it till she was 8mth old.. at 6 mth i shave off her hair thn only i notice the cradle cap actually bigger.. whn she 8mth thn all ok..

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Dear Mummies

Thank you for your sharing.

Put oil on baby's hair leave for 5 mins then use a comb to brush out the cradle cap really help to remove it.

For mummies whose baby's have very mild cradle cap can try it.

Hi!

My baby had quite alot, and I put for at least 2 hours everyday for 2 weeks (5-10mins didnt really help in softening) then followed by combing (felt as if scrapping though, ouch!). The problem was resolved within 2 weeks.
happy.gif

Hi u can use olive oil too...just leave it no need to comb......my girl has it when she use the kodomo sample shampoo......she's allergic to it so.....no more for her after....other brands so far so good

Hi mummies,

Thanks for all your precious advices n suggestions.

My son's cradle cap has now improved.

THANKS !!!!!!

My son had cradle cap too and I used Dentinox but find that his hair now very coarse - anyone experienced the same? What to do so his name become soft like before?

hamteo

as adv by my pd, i apply johnson bb moisturising creme & condition improved. U may want to giv it a try
happy.gif

we tried one home remedy, it worked. Apply generously olive oil on the scalp and after 15-20 comb gently to remove the cradle cap. Give baby bath and after drying baby apply little bit olive oil on the scalp. We followed this for three days it was totally gone.

i tired applying olive oil and is still there. Is been 2 - 3 months already.

does slping in air con matters and will make it worst?

Hi mummies,
My 3-month old girl is having cradle cap. Been using the olive oil method. While the area of scalp is getting smaller, the parts where scalps have dropped off seems to be slightly pinkish & inflamed. My girl also seems to be affected by it and she keeps trying to scratch her head. Do any mommies find ur babies itching from cradle cap too? IF yes, which shampoo / remedy / cream do you use?

u have to clean the area properly to remove the excess oil and the reddish inflamed area is probably due to excessive force in removing the cradle cap. it will probably go away in a short while like what happened with my daughter. but make sure the baby doesn't scratch it in the mean time.

Hi!

Olive oil is frequently recommended for removal of the cradle cap, but do note not to use olive oil with fragrance if your child has sensitive skin. My baby has eczema, and once I left the olive oil on during her nap and the scalp went red and itchy.

I shared my cradle cap journey here
http://eczemablues.com/2011/02/does-your-baby-has-eczema-and-cradle-cap/

My baby has eczema, and I run monthly support group sharing sessions, do join me if free!

Take care,
Mei aka MarcieMom

Back