Advise for Post Natal Massage

zenn,
try to scroll up and spend some time reading past posts
happy.gif
... i have shared quite abit.

my massages 1st few days were more about 90mins, long there after in average about 1hr+ less than 1.5hr. my massages were not continuous 10days. i had a couple of days break and i, pushed back 2 days appt with her b'cos my son had appts. sunday is her off day and yes i guess holiday also... should give her a break.
she is a mother of 2 primary schooling kids leh... she's an Indo lady and her hubby is S'porean oh... she's not a muslim, she's a hindu...(heee... wait till you see her, so fair and slim but those fingers got 'power' !!) so i think the only coming holiday she'll be celebrating is Deepavali in Oct.
happy.gif

well, here, we are parents/parents-to-be, so must give and take also and be flexible with time. afterall, we ourselves, after birth; got to go back see doctor and baby also have appt.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Anyone tried her slimming massage??? I am trying to lose another 5kg desperately. Can't get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.... Sad....

<font color="aa00aa">jasmin</font>, k thanks for sharing.

<font color="119911">alhana</font>, how ve u been and hows the massage so far?

So envious that many mummies only need to lose 4-5 kgs. I put on 22 kgs during my 1st preg 6 yrs ago and 14 kgs my 2nd preg (delivered Mar06). Never able to lose any weight, I even put on 5kgs during this confinement.

Tried eating lesser....even when I lost 2-3 kgs, it never lasted, always bounch back again. ;-(

I put on 24kg and lose only 14kg. Another 10kg to go. Did the Postnatal massage but the lady was not very good so I stop after 3x. Now my tummy is big as if I'm 4 or 5 months pregnant. So if anyone tried the slimming massage, pls share.

wow...
uhoh.gif

Susi was pretty punctual for my sessions, but my massages were not continuous 10days... i had a couple of breaks in-between, which to me were good as i had to attend to my son's needs and i didn't have a confinement lady... so i still had to do chores and stuffs.

Eee... scary. Scared I can't loose my thunder thighs!!!
Think need to do muscle toning exercise to help burn off the fats!
Mm.. looking forward to the massages. Hope my hubby won't make too much noise about the smell of the herbs!

I heard from some of the mummies that Susi keep changing their appt time....n she wants full payment 2 be made on the 1st day of the session...

Cynthia,

the reason why Susi keep changing appt recently is bcos she is waiting for her maid to come so she need to work around picking and sending her kids to school.

If half way thru the sessions and u decided to back out she will refund you.

Hi, It is good to use tropical herbs for postnatal care during the period you are having traditional massage. I did that and the result is effective.... I able to slim down after 3 mths lei.... hehe
My massage malay lady told me that massage can increase BM too....

Hi all,

I have this massage lady who is quite good too... She uses hot water to bath and massage u to get rid of the wind and water in you first then follow by traditional indonesian massage.. Her session around 3 to 4 hrs... But she quite selective lah, i think she only do for certain area (East side, I think)

you can reach her at 96824191 (not sure wat's her name always call her auntie)
happy.gif

Hi Mag,

She charge $50 per session but she don't have any packages so she just charge based on per session basis lor....
happy.gif

Hi Bei bei,

How many sessions did u do with her b4 you saw the results? This is my third child so I have to be more kiasu... heehee...

Hi Mag,

Frankly speaking, I have not try her on post-natal massage but have been using her for pre-natal massage cos my deliver date in 10 nov... But so far she have been great and my friend who have uses her said can see result after 1 to 2 session and she is very nice and not calculative and always massage more for you if require despite the time...
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

Hi Beibei

Will u be seeing her again soon? I am not in sg now. Will only return ard X'mas time. Could you check with her if she would be willing to come to Pasir Ris? I am due 23feb. thanks

Hi Mag,

I will be seeing her next week for my pre-natal massage
happy.gif
I think Pasir Ris is ok with her
happy.gif
I will tell her you would like to book her late Feb but will contact her in dec ok?

Hi Bei bei,

Thanks for your help. Does she also charge 50/session for prenatal? Would love to start prenatal once i get back. My feet are already starting to swell...

Pls tell her also that my dr did mention my bb is big so might be bigger than we expected so might come early.

Will contact her once i get back. Name is Mag.

Hi

Can i know if anyone has employed the massage lady Susi for post natal massage recently? Any comments on her service and is the oil/herb that she used are smelly?..cos i still cannot bath....

andreatyt
i used susi for my massage and the oil she used is lemongrass oil...nice smelling le...hee
happy.gif
don't worry you will enjoy her massages and wish there be more session cuz can see effect after first session le...she push out the wind and all....

Hi mummies..
How much Susi charge for her packages one?
$500 for 10 sessions and it $50 per session and per session 1hour izzit?

Does her package included binder,application of the herbs,jamu wrap,ginger wrap,herbal cream and application of slimming cream?

Minyak Telon oil and baby massage?

A bit worried..

Hi Shuhui

Yes, Susi charges $500 for 10 sessions. She uses lemon grass oil to massage and will apply jamu to the tummy area, followed by the binding. The last 2 sessions will incl a free hot mask treatment in the tummy area to draw out excess water. Each session lasts for ard an hr. You hv to pay upfront though..$500 payable upon the first session.

hi gals.just saw your messages.can i use how long in advance do we need to book susi for her post natal massages?

Shuhui

U mean the Javanese message which shop is at Bt Timah shopping Ctr, if thats the 1 I think I use its servise for my postnatal message , the lady called Freda?

I sms Auntie Sadiah just now with regards for the massage... My EDD is Mar 2007.. She says it's to early to book now... Ask me to book again in Feb 2007.

Is it really too early? Then what's the appropriate time (ie: time frame) to make bookings with her?

I engaged Sadiah and booked her a week before. But that was before I recommended her on this board so her customers may have increase a bit by now. To play safe, try again in January
happy.gif

Hi, how much does Aunt Sadiah charge? And how long is the massage session?

Anyone heard of Mdm Katijah? Is she good?

I used Mdm Khatijah for both pre and post natal. Very good.

During pre natal, she is gentle and the massage is v soothing. I do not know how long the massage was as I feel asleep and got my maid to pay her and open the door for her.

For post natal, I requested for her to use as much strength as she deem fit (I want to slim back fast!).
The overall massage was very good and the tummy area she used more force (still bearable). She uses traditional binding for the first 6 visits (she will collect back the cloth binder on the next visit) and last visit she will use the elastic one, which is yours to keep.
I got back my pre pregnancy figure after 5 sessions.

She changed appointment with me only once to shift the timing earlier and she did tell me her reasons which I think we should be understanding towards others also as they also have family obligations (especially for these freelancers when they are not entitled to paid MCs or paid leave).

She also taught me simple baby massage to massage baby after bath each day.

Hi mar_bride,zenn,
I used Naini's service for both pregnacies, I can only trust her. My tummy was flatted after the 1st massage/binding, it went further down after a few more sessions.

Her package 5 massages + bindings + 1 salt scrub is $450. 9 massages + bindings + 1 salt scrub is $700 (if I remember correctly)

Naini's contact 94562817. You tell her recommend by Jenny and she will knows.

Hi Happy Customer of Auntie Khatija

I'm quite interested in engaging Auntie Khatija for post natal massages just want to know how she charges, how long are her sessions and if she uses herbs on the tummy before binding?

Overall..how was your experience?

Anyone else used Auntie Khatijah?

Mia Bella, the sessions for post natal are usually 1 hour plus.

She charges S$350 for 7 sessions, include herbs, binder and 2 baby massage sessions. But she was very nice to spend some time after each session to show me and my mum how to do the baby massage.

She usually use lavender oil during the massage. I requested for olive oil instead as I was allergic to lavender oil.

She uses herbs on the tummy area before binding. Her binding is really tight, if you can't take it, let her know. For me, I am very vain, as long as it helps to gain back my figure, anything is possible.

I try to leave the binder on for as long as possible. I manage to leave it on until the next morning when I shower just before the next massage session.

My sessions were continuous for the first 3 days, then rest 1 day (Sunday) and another 4 days continuous.

Auntie Khatijah's contact? Just to share, I am quite skeptical about massage of breast to increase milk flow because my massage lady also helped me to massage...then cos breasts quite engorged so when she massaged, alot of milk flow out so when baby wants to drink then like empty....then baby makes fuss and like not enough....so I felt that my milk supply decreased because no baby suckle since no much milk for baby....then no demand then no supply.....what you gals think??

Hi..Happy Customer of Auntie Khatijah

Thanks for sharing. I'm super vain too.. I want my massage lady to bind me as tight as possible... want to slim down asap..heeez.
Just wanna check with you if she uses the traditional cloth (bengkong) or a girgle? I prefer the traditional cloth method of binding.. my mom says its more effective.
Its oready a challenge now to keep the weight off.. I'm now 25 weeks and have put on about 10kg... feel so fat.. and have a few more months to go... haiz..
Btw... can you please post her contact? How early in advance should I call her? Izit too early now... I'm due late March...Thanx

Back