Advice on best maternity/breastfeeding pillow?

bely

Hi Mommies,

Is a breastfeeding pillow necessary and if so which is best ?

Which pillow is best for breastfeeding?
1. Long body pillow- foldable for breastfeeding support (mother care)
2. U shaped around waist

Or any other ?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm still breastfeeding...i feel you dont need to buy those pillow, is waste money. U just use the pillow to support your back when u breastfeed your baby.

Hi, personally, feel that it is quite useful for me as it relieves some of the weight of my baby off my shoulders and arms. But the usage of it is pretty short termed ( at least for me) as baby outgrew the length very quickly. So I thk it is not necessary but a definite good to have.

No idea what types are good tho.

Hi mummies,
i hv 1 'Dreamgenii' preganancy cum nursing pillow and 1 'my breastfriend' twin plus nursing pillow. PM me for price n pics if you are keen.

I just ordered my Theraline Pillow‏. It's comfortable and it can use not only for preg & breastfeed. bb can also lay on it and can use as a normal pillow too..
happy.gif

hi, for me, it didn't work out as I did not manage to latch on. only do exclusive pumping.

I have a My Brestfriend pillow to let go. $30. interested, please PM me.

Hi. I feel the u shaped pillow is good for me. I love 'My breastfriend nusing pillow'. I can free my hands to do other stuff n baby lies comfortably while nursing.
happy.gif
reading magazines, drinking my coffee, on the phone....

By the way, I have another 'my breastfriend nursing pillow' gift from friend. If anyone is interested, jus pm me.

I hv the my.best frd pillow for sale
Bought recently n in the end did not latch bb. Used once only.selling cheap.

Pm me if keen.

Yep my brestfriend is made with firm foam and wraps around your waist...can walk around while bb is bf...and can free your hands too...I usually trim his nails when using that pillow

I bought my u shape pillow from robinsons. Personally i feel it is a must have item for breastfeeding.
My little one is 5 months old and around 8 kg, and i am still using it.

Hi there. I got mine from our neighbouring Country.. When i was in KL I bought a decent one called Mommies Comfies Pregnancy Pillow, that supports my heavy and bulky body..i think they use microbeads, something like Theraline but the one i bought is J- shaped where else Theraline's is jus like a long bolster. This Mommies Comfies pillow has a perfect level of firmness , you even have the ability to distribute the beads to different parts of your body and mold it to theperfect shape for you, especially when ur tummy gEts bigger,and side sleeping is such a pain... Those days~ ouch! Anyway when i bought, it was sold at RM 250 at that time, but since i was there i opted for Self collect., cheaper that way. They did mention that they ship internationally, but i dont know how's the rate like... Here's a link http://mommiescomfies.blogspot.com . Maybe you can check them out.

Just my 2 cents worth~

Hi Mommies,

Is a breastfeeding pillow necessary and if so which is best ?

Which pillow is best for breastfeeding?
1. Long body pillow- foldable for breastfeeding support (mother care)
2. U shaped around waist

Or any other ?

Thanks!

Hello bely,

It depends on how comfortable you wanna be when you breastfeed! If you don't breastfeed often, I think a nursing pillow isn't necessary.

But if you frequently breastfeed, it can be very helpful in easing the nursing period. You can use it as a normal pillow when you sleep too. The micro-bead filling is very comfy :)

Try Theraline, it was one of the really popular ones around!

Back