Advice Needed - TMC Bill Size

joycegian

Hi, I'm currently seeing my Gynae WK Tan at TMC. Signed up their package & have also decided to get her to deliver my Boy as She was also the one who delivered my husband.

Have already booked a 4-bedded. And have decided to go natural birth with painkillers & the gas mask. Epidural if only i go in with very painful contractions and can't take the pain.

How much would my bill size be around?
Like how much cold hard cash i got to get ready?

Hi Joyce,

My gynae M. Tan who was also from the same clinic as WK Tan, i gave birth to my ger on July 2008, single bedded, natural w/epidural cost us about $2,800 cash + $1,800 cpf.

wow. so expensive?

i did my own calculation that after depositing $800 for 4-bedded, i will still get back bout $200 after all medisave claims etc.

Hello everybody. Just to share.
My wife just give birth to a healthy baby boy on 6 of Feb 2009. We opted for a 4 bedded at TMC and natural birth without epi.
On the actual day itself, she delivered my baby boy without epi and painkiller. All she used from the facility is Oxygen to assist her in breathing.

Total cost is about $2500 excluding gynae. After deduction of CPF which is about $1800 or 1850 and also an initial admission deposit of $800, we got back about near to $170.

Gynae wise, we had Dr SH Kee as our gynae and his charge for normal delivery is $850 and visit to ward per day is $80. So after deducting from CPF $550 to him, we still have to pay him about $550 in cash.

So in total we forked out cash about $1350. Hope this help.
happy.gif

Thanks Derrek for sharing.

Did you get an auto upgrade to 2bedded? I thought usually its a practice in TMC.

BTW, it seems so ex now even for natural birth...cant imagine how much if its c-sect or emergency c-sect...sigh...

Nope. We did not get auto upgraded as the 2 bedded is full.

I think it is consider expensive for natural birth. C-Sect should be much more ex than natural.

Hi Derek, Your hospital bill excluding gynae totals up to $2500. What does it include?
From wad i see in their rates, if yours is without epi & painkillers, it should be around 1000+ only rights?
I heard we have to pay for baby's doctor too. your hospital bill inclusive of baby's doctor isit?

hi
can i have your gynae contact no? my sister is looking for one gynae now since she was tested positive yesterday for preg.

hi mine was 4 bedder (auto upgraded to 2 bedder). Paid cash $1100 inclusive all fees. Extra baby's PD fees of $150 (cash).
CPF Medisave we used abt $3000 i think.

I went for C-section (GA)
happy.gif

Hi,
I delivered my baby boy in Oct 08- my gyne was Dr Yvonne Chan.
Natural delivery with assisted vacuum + epidural and single bedded.
Gyne delivery fees $1200 - cash + $600 Medisave coz we didn't take package. $1200 hosp deposit + 1750 Medisave + 900 cash upon discharge. This is the full sum incl all the extras they charge when in hosp.
I seriously recommend MTB to take package - can save almost $400 cash.
And also sign up for the First Born Initiative but check with yur gyne and see if they participatin - then can save more $

After medisave and with FBI, my bill for one bedded normal birth w/o and pain relief and including baby and hubby stayover is around 1.4k..

My bill is horrendous..
Total bill is ard $5k and i paid $3k cash for 1 bedder at TMC. 3 days n 2nites, use epi and no others..

Anyone with Dr Eunice Chua? Want to know how much u paid for Natural birth with Epi in one bedded room at TMC. I suppose gynae's charges also made a difference to the total bill.

thanks

hello

gave birth on the 19/02
natural birth with epi, 4 bedded
had to top up 900+ for both myself and baby after deduction of intial deposits and medisave
gynae fee was $1.5k

mrslim,

Could u let us know how come your bill is so close to the 4Bedded auto upgrade to 2 bedded for natural birth?

Because I recall asking the gynae and she told us the diff in cash portion is abt $1K.

Can share with us your breakdown cost ? Thanks !

i think the different btw ashleigh and me is that my gynae charges is only around $700 and without the epi with is another $500.. so that that make up the difference of 3k and mine at 1.4k... my bill i dunno put where liao sorry

Bluebell,

Not free but there is a concession ticket. Think its $3 whole day. So must use wisely..

I believe they only give 1 such ticket per day nia.

juz wanna check, for the deposit portion and cash...muz be in cash/NETS? or can they accept credit cards?

Hi mummies,

Anyone with dr Adrian Woodworth delivering at TMC wtih epi ? Mind to share the bill info with me ?

Thanks
happy.gif

Hi ahnetsan, TMC has limited 4-bedded. So if no place, will be upgraded to 2-bedded but charged at 4-bedded.

Hi

my gynae is also WK Tan, i am with her now , this is my 3rd baby. average after deducting medisave, her pkg, epidural, single bedded, peads, etc. total i paid cash around 2.5k.

but if u paid her the deposit already, which u did. after ur delivery upon discharge, u should pay balance less than 1.5k.

Hi all,

Anyone here using Dr Geraldine Tan from Thomson Women Clinic(Katong)? Can share how's her gynae charges like at tmc?

Thanks.

hi all i just gave birth to my second child last year at TMC my gynae is Dr. L C Chang, the doctor's fee itself is ard $2k before medisave and the hospital bill after deducted from medisave is $1.8k 4 bedded normal with epi stayed for 2 nights, first child doctor's fee is ard $2k, hospital bill after medisave is $900

Hi,
I still deciding between Dr Adrian Woodward or HK Ho.

Dr woodward, the antenatal package is $550 and the delivery package is $850 now. mrslim, when you say your gyne charge is $1.5K, you mean, got more charge on top of the package? Thanks!

keropi, bcos gynae charge include his daily visit during your stay in hospital.. and oter stuff.. i dun quite remember liao...

Hi,

My Doc is C H Koh. his package is $550(with gst).
I stayed in a 4 bedded n after medisave n deposit of $800 upon admission,everything i get back nealy $220 from TMC>
no epi, gas mask dun work for me..i was screaming my lungs out when the contraction start...i ask the nurse for other pain relief she suggest injection i ask if it's epi she say no i get it immediately..n boy was i happy...
from a 2cm it relax me n i get fully dilated within 4 hours n get my baby boy outwithin 3 pushes!!try the relaxant it's gd..n it's part of the normal delivery package..no extra costs
happy.gif

Hi,
I give birth on Oct 08 and I stay in 2 bedded.
Took pkg for Natural with epi. Paid cash $1.9k (including gynae's delivery fees of $1.4k and baby's pkg of $500+) and medisave $2k.
I used FBI card and got some discounts for gynae(5%), PD(5%) and $80 discount for 2 bedded.

Sharon,
Yes, deposit can be paid by credit card.

hi yvonne chan,
the injection you receive is penthidine?
Sure no extra charges? oh how abt side effects? on baby?

I had natural no epi birth for first one. Felt the "magic" and all. But very tiring - furthermore I opted for exclusive BF. So if penthidine is good, I may consider it for this #2.

=)

Hi JusMe,
i am not sure bout the injection name cos the pain was killing me to the extent that i am shouting in the ward till the nurse came in n told me to quiet(pls pardon me).the nurse nvr mentioned on the side effects so i assume so far my boy ok...BF for him 2 mths den FM now..

n oh yeah no extra charges!!
part of the normal delivery package.
i know what magic u r talking n it was beyond words to describe..wat i know it my hubby was offering his hand for me to clench the pain while i wa biting the pillow..my tightening n grasping was so intense he had to take off his weddng bands!!he say i was shouting likt 'sha zu!!'imagine that

Just to share - I delivered on 4th Jan 2008, Gynae - Dr WK Tan, 3 days 2 nights 1 bedded, and natural with epidural

Hospital and doctors charges for mum

Normal delivery with Epidural - $1,880
Dr Kwa Bee Hwa (for epi) - $375
Dr WK Tan (delivery fee) - $1391
Accommodation for spouse - $150
Drugs/medicine - $103.7
Medical supplies - $51.2
Medical laboratory fees - $69
Procedure - $69
Use of equipment - $125
Total hospital charge (mum) - $4213.9 before medisave deduction

Hospital and doctor charge for newborn
Baby package (2 days) - $338
Medical supplies - $37
Medical laboratory fees - $113
Procedure - $70
Dr SC Keoy - $225
Total hospital charge (newborn) - $783 before medisave dedcution

More detail at my blog: http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2009/03/delivery-cost-at-thomson-medical-centre.html

Hope this helps!

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

My Gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan.
Can anyone give me an Approx bill size for 2 bedded at TMC ?

Total hospital charge (mum) - after medisave deduction
Total hospital charge (newborn) - after medisave deduction

Dear Mummies

Im new here and would like to ask if any of you engagin Dr TC Chang as your gynae? As i would like to find out more regarding him. Thank you.

Here's my breakdown of my bill for mum's package.

Hospital Charges -
C Sec w Spinal - 4 bedded 3 days - $1570

Out of Package items
Drgus/ Medicines - $171.40
Medical Supplies - $145.90
Procedure - $11.00
Op Theatre Charges (8pm - 8am) - $100.00 (I did mine between 9-11pm, this is the call-back charge for the nursing staff, pls take note if you planned to deliver at night)

Total Hospital Charges - $1998.30
Less FBI Disc - $60.00
GST - $135.68
Total w GST - $2073.98

Doctor Charges -
Dr Wong for spinal (non-medisave) - $500.00
Dr Woodworth (medisave) - $1126.02
Dr Woodworth (non-medisave) - $853.48
Total Professional fees - $2479.50
Less FBI disc - $98.97

Grand Total - $4454.51
*Medisave and Medishield Deduction* -
Hospital Charges : -$2073.98
Professinal Fee - $1126..02

Total Deduction
"Anenatal Care"
Medisave Claim for Antenatal Submission of $550 - $0.00 (Was told by the nurse at TMC that they have already factored in the submission of my antenatal receipts into the $3200 medisave claim but din reflect under this section, my claim was about $450)

Medisave Claim from me - $3200.00

Package for baby - 4 Days stay as bb got jaundice so stay-in 1 day longer
About $1204 (before medisave claim), cash forked out about $110.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Other points to note which I dun find it anywhere mentioned by any mummies in this forum and I find can be shared with the others.

Parking
They charge a flat rate of parking fees of $3 after 6pm so if you planned to deliver at night pls reach the admission counter after 6pm, you be issued with their complimentary parking passes at the admission counter. Else, if reach before 6pm e.g. reach TMC at 5.45pm then you will need to pay hourly rate of $2.50 and another $3 for after 6pm parking charge. Their parking charges at TMC is terribly high.

If you are taking 4-bedded ward, you be given only 2 complimentary passes. Or you be given one more FOC if there's not sufficient for 2-bedded when you be placed under the 4-bedded ward.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I check internet.
Mount A package is 1106 for 4 bedded n 1308 for double
TMC is 1268 for 4 bedded n 1408 for double.

Y mount a can claim 1350 from medisave n TMC only 1250?

Anyone complete the comparison?

Back