! * * * * * Advice needed - Speech and Drama Course

mandy0808

Hi all,

Has anyone of you signed up your prince or princess on <u>Speech and Drama</u> course at Lorna Whiston, Juliel Gabriel, Central Stage of Arts, ACT3, Helen O'Grady's, British Council or any other centers at present or before? Can share with me your experiences with these centres? Or any good teacher from these centres that you will recommend?

Pls email me at [email protected] or pm me your views. Thanks in advance! 

Hello Mandy, never sign up my kid as kid super clingy type... go there sure waste $.. hehe

Have friends who brought their kids to Lorna Whiston S&amp; D course and they mentioned it was good. I think they have chinese and eng speech n drama.

Hi Choc, thanks for sharing. I doubt that LW has Chinese S&amp;D course. I had actually attended their open house last week. Only knew that they offer English S&amp;D course.

Can you ask your friend to email me at [email protected]? I wish to find out more info from her. Thanks!

Hey ladies,

Speech and Drama courses are good for your kid to learn languange, confidence as well as independence (for the clingy ones) hehe...

Lorna Whiston and Julia Gabriel are quite well known for their speech and drama classes.

I think they should have trial classes if you wanna give them a try. Give them a call, u have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

hi ladies
I am not sure if its the same, but I sign up for S&amp;D class in one of the CC...there are plenty of them in the PA website that U can find. I am not sure how different they are as compare to LW and JG, I dun think I should comments too much since I never sign up before. But for the S&amp;D conducted at the CC, my girl really enjoy the class; so I think its really worth it, plus the $$ is definitely so much cheaper as compare to Lorna WHiston or Julia Gabriel.

I signed my daughter up for that course recently, her confidence level when speaking increased.

I think Loma is good!
happy.gif

Actually I signed up my boy with L central whereby the S&amp;D teacher is from Helen O'gradys but due to promotion, she actually move out... then i decided to withdraw my boy becos the rest of the teacher...

Hihi, no not too late, I personally like Julia Gabriel, my 2 1/2 year old has been there since Jan for playclub and it has elements of speech and drama..and I'm gonna enrol her in the edudrama classes nect year....I must say they really know how to engage the little ones. I was personally a product of JG...I attended their speech and drama when I was a kid and I must say I've benefitted from it. Coming from a family who speaks a lot of Singlish, it made me learn proper english and how to speak well.

Fern
5940709.png

How long does a child need to attend the speech and drama class to see progress? My child has attended speech and drama class conducted by Julia Gabriel in her school for abt 8 lessons. However, I don't see much progress in her. She is a quiet child,could it be the reason why her progress is slow?

Hi, i think speech and drama is a good enrichment but it may not suit every child. moorspa was saying she deosnt see her child progress, so i guess it really depends on the personality of the child. each and every single one of them have their own unique strengths. i guess at young age, it's best to allow them to explore different things.. my child is currently in mindchamps, i think they have very awesome programmes that can develop a child inside out. my girl used to be so shy and all...now she's stepping out to do more things than last time.

yeah..i tink Julia Gabriel is good.. .my elder son been to there for a year... his confidence level increase, more "dramatic" and love to sing and act....

can go for trial

Brought my child since 4 to Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Cultural Troupe's Speech and Drama. My sibling went there when she was older but that built her confidence and thus decided to let my girl try.
Initially 1 yr was hard as my gal is a little anti-social. Now, she loves the class so much that she even helps to promote in her class.

It all depends on what you want your child to learn out of it.

For me, I find speech and drama is a way to learn to express oneself better through play and acting; thus let my gal to attend.

Back