Advice needed - Pregnant?

hi annelise
thanks. actually been having backache and it got so painful last nite dat i was actually woken by the pain. hubby massage for a while and it got better. feeling very tired oso. now i juz pray dat bb will be healthy and i will carry it full term safely.

Congrats Starmoon...

ai ya before i can test my mens come already...false alarm. haha....

hey annelise....thanks for the link.

actually i have taken the 1st hep A jab...going for the 2nd one coming apr....n also scare wait i kana preggie then dunno will the vacin affect the bb anot lo

hey gals,

i wanna go pap smear....do i need to get the test done a week after my mens or anytime exceot when mens come, also can do?

wanna my hubby to come alone leh.....scare....can he go in with me?

Hi all,

I am very new to this site. Need some advice about my situation.

My period is not frequent (1 month heavy, another month little or never come).

My last period ended around 2nd day of CNY. And about 2 or 3 weeks back, I noticed few very tiny short red strands when I wiped in toilet. This I think lasted for a couple of days, and then my discharge is yellow brown for another couple of days. Until now, my mense has not come.

But I must confess that I was extremely stressed with work and was thinking of getting pregnant every min then... I was so stressed and I cried a lot then. Hubby bought test-kit for me, since then tested 3 times already. All negative.

I don't feel dizzy and no vomitting.

Do you think I am pregnant or stress causes my missed period?

What exactly do pple mean when they said spotting?

Hi pinkelmo,

What's your usual menese cycle and do you have regular menses?

If you are pregnant, you should be able to know by now...

hi all,

my hub n i hav been ttc for 1 mth. my mens shld b coming tis week. I hav a problem. Last Fri, i discovered i keep havin e urge to pee even when i m peeing. n i feel abit pain during peeing. At 1st i tot is unrinary infection, but i actually recovers few days later. now i discovered i cannot hold my urine for long. Can it b one of the symptoms of preggie?? btw i also hav sore breast even b4 my mens come so i cannont count tis symptom as preggie.

serene,
ur that urine pain i think shld be UTI bah??

I have never been pregnant as i also in ttc process. sore breast could also be symptoms to preggie. faster buy a HPT to test... good luck to u.

Hi zenn,

I don't know my cycle. I only know my period is not regular. 1 month come a lot, another come very little (I don't need to wear pad), or maybe never come.

I'm really afraid to do the test, cause afraid of disappointment once again.

Hi pinkelmo,

think its advisable to see a gynae abt this.....better to clear ur doubt...somemore u also ttc now....its best to consult the gynae.

But stress will indeed cause delay in ur mens. try to relax urself....dun always think of getting preggie....should let yourself off ....else it will become a chore/burden. (yeah! i know its diff) but try okie?

read fr a book abt preggie/baby stuff....stress is one of the most commmon factor contributing to a couple cant conceive.

Serene....ur problem sound like UTI...i got it b4 too!!

anyone can help me with my qns??
*i wanna go pap smear....do i need to get the test done a week after my mens or anytime exceot when mens come, also can do? wanna my hubby to come alone leh.....scare....can he go in with me*

Hi pinkelmo,

I would suggest you to see gynae cos for irregular menses - out of whole yr perhaps only a few cycles really fertile. You might wanna 'regulate' your cycle first b4 planning to conceive.

hi pinkmo,

what zenn says is right, maybe u are too stressed that is y yr menses never come... try to regulate yr menses b4 u ttc

hi jnj,

pap smear is best to be done a week after menses. u can check with yr gynae if yr hubby can go in with u anot but most of the time he will have to stay outside, anyway got nurse accompany u. u may feel abit uncomfortable during the procedure esp is the first time, this happen to me too. If not comfortable with male gynae, then go for a female one.

pinkelmo,
i also feel u shld see a gynae abt ur irregular period. could be PCOS or anything. faster check dun be like me ttc for 1yr+ liao then take action. i also old liao. hehehee
I have period every mth but then duno whether i ovulate also mah.. so better to check for everything.. make sure ur health everything ok then recv this bb.
ya dun get too stress. the more u want AF come, they dun come, the more u want it dun come to recv a BFP , u will see red. very angry process. i been thru that for 1yr + very stress & i hate it.

hi jnj,
ya like galleria say, go 1 wk after ur mense. once clear can go liao. hb can go lar. but then also wait outside curtain lor. hehehe dun worry not very painful but then u nid to relax. i did V scan by my gynae all also not pain. must relax.

hey gals,
does it mean that even if mens come, it does not mean that u will ovulate?>? i'm getting confuse...

yeah Jenny,
i make appt with the gynae liao. wanna ask the gynae on some qns too....thinking of getting him to be my gynae if really preggie....thats y i wanna my hubby to accompant inside the room.
abit nervous abt the pap smear.....1st time doing. what other checks will the gynae do?

Hi Janice,

Yes having mens doesnt mean ovulate. To regulate your mens gynae usually will give you clomid.

hi janice,
if u want to do just pap smear he will do this prcedure. this procedure oni can check for cervical cancer..
if u want further check with gynae he might do a vag scan to check for any cysts or fibroid.

hi jenny

u did other tests also?

hi zenn,
how will the gynae know if u did ovulate anot....what abt self check?

hey zenn,

u thinking of going to Dr Adrian? saw ur posting there.....

i made an appt with him for pap smear.

jenny..both the ultrascan n vaginal scan scanned for the same things? fibriods?.....btw, wat makes u did that test..is it recommended by the gynae?

zenn,
i wanna go sk one cos my parents place there n i had alwasy go there to see GP for normal sickness....but cos the gynae only available on weekends noon....i cant....so have to schedule to weekdays night...n i make the appt at cck.
what abt u?....u did any tests with Dr Adrian? or tot of having him as ur gynae?

Hi Janice,

Dr Adrian is available mon, thur and sat afternoon, tue and fri nite for sk branch.

I only visited him once to take clomid to regulate mens. Will be going back for test after that. Think I will go for the scan the next time...

hi janice,
yes both can detect cyst bah.. or any abnormality in womb bah. cos last time i saw a TCM. she say that i have PCOS & ask me to see a specify gynae lor. then i went to him & he did a vaginal scan for me & detect say i have PCOS lor. but end up when i see nxt gynae is not true leh. but then is pco & not pcos..also thru bld test cfm that i dun have PCOS lar. ahaha chim hor.

Jenny,

then the test confirm if u have PCOS anot? u have irregular mens?...beri chim leh

hey hey
how long have u gals ttc?

the bld test cfm that i do not have PCOS. that "S" is a syndrome lor. but i might have PCO but not PCOS. haahha chim-alogy also lar. ahaha

i been ttc for 1yr+. what abt u? i have did HSG also after the bld test.and also did a lap op also. woman realli poor thing.

yeah...Jenny...it sound super chim to me...I just had my customary last sept.....only decided to let nature take its course last month...hehe...so tot prob can come in here to chat with u gals....can share share experience.

zenn
i went for pap smear just now....Dr Adrian did ultrascan for me too....everything ok....he show me my womb n bladder...but i dunno how to see....haha

Hi Janice,

You requested or Dr Adrian suggested to do pap smear n ultrascan? How much you pay for it?

Btw I went this afternoon but he was not in clinic?

Hi Zenn,
actually i only requested pap smear when i go in to see him. but after the pap smear...it seems like its a normal practice for him to do the ultrascan..... he immediately did the scan for me...anyway its ok for me so i didnt say anything.

my one is the ultrascan via stomach.....didnt do any blood test. he shows me when is the fertile period n mention some impt factors that can contribute to successful pregnancy....like sperm counts, ovulation, male's multivit etc....say normally will let couple try for 2-6months b4 going back to see him again....

which clinic u intend to go??

Hi everyone

I'm new to this thread. I missed my menses for 1 day and I tested using clearblue this morning. It showed a very very faint line. Am I considered pregnant? Should I go see a gynae now or wait to test 3 days later as suggested by the instruction leaflet for clearblue? I normally have accurate menses cycle.

hi Dora,

I suggest you wait another 3 days to test again. Dun hv to waste $ to go doc. They will oso take yr urine on the PT kit....
Anyway if yr menses is bery accurate one then dun hv to wait 3 days shd come alrdy rite.

However, you may want to make an appt with the Gynae for a later date first. If 3 days later cfm not preggie, then cancel the appt lor. Some Gynae are bery fully booked one and those that just walk in got to wait bery long.

I go immdly after tested +ve 'cos wan to make sure the embryo is in the womb 'cos heard fm 2 cases surrounding me that embryo is outside womb so got to abort. Other than that you can't see much at this stage, no heart beat yet. Just can see size of embryo to cfm how many weeks preggie.

But pls remember to cancel the appt if really not preggie ok? Hope this helps.

Dora,
faint line means also pregnant leh.. congrats... esp u say u hve accurate menses.. congrats.

i think u can book to see a gynae lor. see whether u nid mediciation anot. but i know folic acid is a must to u now.

Hi Violet Blaze and Jenny

Thanks for your reply. I was so anxious I tested again this morning :p It showed the same faint line again. I decided to go see a gynae tonight just to make sure. I've started taking folic acid before TTC, and also starting taking multi-vit. But I had a history of being anaemic and was feeling a bit light-headed and weak these few days, so I thought its better to see the gynae 1st. Better to be more Kiasu
happy.gif

Thanks everyone. Will update you gals later
happy.gif

my af also late leh.. but then i dun dare to test. cos scare to see is -ve then i be sad..so i let it come itself lor..

does u all ask ur hb to eat folic acid as well??

Hi Jenny

When we saw the gynae before TTC, he recommended my hubby to take a multi-vit called MegaMen from GNC. He says it would help in sperm production. I think for men, its more the zinc and a healthy body, not so much of folic acid.
Hope this helps
happy.gif

Dora,
How much is tis multivit for man ar?realli good & powerful ar? my gynae last time ask my hb eat the multivit he recommend called esativa smth lidat one. dunno exact spelling.

i wish to test tonight leh. will u think my test result will be accurate if -ve at the night? cos i know best to take of cos is early moni urine lar. but then i cant wait for af to come so i can start my battle again mah if i am not pregnant lar.
407509.gif

aiya... tahan another 10 over hrs then test la. Test now then u will still 2nd guess whatever result it shows rite? So why waste $?

Anyway, you dun need to start 'battle' until 2 wks later if still -ve.....

Dun worry, be happy ok? The more u dwell on it, the pressure u r giving yrself.

Hi Gals
I fell down yesterday!!! I had the shock of my life!! I was so worried that something might happen to baby. I rushed down to the gynae immediately. He said baby will be too small to be seen anyway, but since I was so worried, he'll check for signs of bleeding in the uterus. He said the lining looks thick, no sign of bleeding, but can't see baby, so can't confirm the pregnancy anyway. He also asked if I want to check my urine again to confirm my pregnancy. But I was in such a great state of shock, and my butt really hurt, i told him no need lar..... on the hindsight , I should have tested my urine again. He gave me MC for today to take a rest.My butt was hurting so badly I didn't have a good sleep last nite. Much better today, but my butt still hurts. Ouch!!

Jenny, the MegaMen from GNC is $52.50 for 100 tablets. I have the membercard so there's a 20% discount. I can't say for sure if its really powerful, but there's really a lot types of vitamins in it. You can go to any GNC stores to take a look before deciding whether you want to buy or not.

Hi Dora,
must take care le....got test ur urine again ? hope theres no bleeding.

anyway Congrats!!

hehe...so jenny, did you test? positive??!!?? if ur mens is accurate n u miss this time, most prob already hit jackpot liao?!

my hubby no take folic acid....but same case as Dora...cos my gynae also recommend GNC megaMen to my hubby.....

i have been taking folic acid for a mth plus....

we r just starting to ttc....but mixed feeling cos i have booked for a holiday trip in jul. wonder if really preggie can stil go anot......

Hi Gals!!

I tested yesterday morning. Its a clear positive!!!
happy.gif
There's no bleeding, thankfully....
happy.gif
But my butt still hurts a bit... ouch! :p

Hey Janice.... I know you personally.... let you guess who I am.... I was you colleague for your past 2 companies... Now I've left, but you're still there.... very obvious liao lor??!

Dora, congrats ...

janice, an advise to u.. rem to take folic acid everyday ya heard that it increase chances to get pregnant. hehehe

Hi Dora,

Just happen to drop by....congratulations.
I got PCOS (only got to knw after my 1st birth) and hv been TTC for my 2nd almost 1yr already....now taking Matformin and shall visit gynae if i failed to conceived again.
All the best to mummies who are TTC.

Back