Advice Needed - Post natel hair problems

ficusis

Hi All

I know hair loss is common problem after giving birth. But i am experiencing more than this, i seem to be having skin flakes at the scalp. The skin flakes are similar to baby cradle cap. I wash my hair daily. Tried peeling but it will break my skin and hurt the scalp if i overdo it.

Any remedy to share?

No idea what it is..my shampoo is one of those anti-dandruff type n it seems there is no answer except. I m continuing to wash with warm water to soften it then shampoo it+ some scratching.

Dun peeling without washing with warm water first. Realise hair from that patch drops easily.

Hope this goes away.. i dun want dandruff problems.

Anyone has any soln?

ladies, just my 2 cents worth...think it could be due to hormonal changes after child birth...I have a very good friend who works in a hair salon and I had shared the remedies on hair loss and scalp problems with lots of mummies... If you are keen to hear, please pm me.

I had this problem but not severe as cradle cap. All shampoos I used worsen the condition except Federick Fekkai APPLE CIDER shampoo. The cider has a vinegar agent so it has an anti-bacterial affect. It's expensive but it does the job. The moment I switched back to a regular shampoo, the dandruff/crusting came back immediately within a day or two. You can also use T-gel which smells very bad and dries the hair so during extreme dandruff period, you can use it daily; otherwise, I suggest once or twice a week. Mustela also carries a cradle cap shampoo. It's a baby brand but highly effective as my child had cradle cap the first few months of her life. Up to this point, I still use Fekkai Apple Cider and nothing else. Try not to rub hair conditioner on your scalp until your dandruff/crusting are cleared. Make sure it's the APPLE CIDER and not other Fekkai's hair products if you're planning to give that shampoo a try. Another pro is that Fekkai's Apple Cider also gives your hair a healthy look. Hope it works for you as it does for me.

I had the same problem too after I gave birth to my son. Right after the 1-month confinement, I went to a salon and requested them to help me heal my scalp. It helps after only 1 treatment.

I had the same problem too after I gave birth to my girl. I had a long hair and it was terrible. I actually had my hair cut and now the hair loss is not so bad.....

I experinced hair loss after giving birth that I am so worry that i will be bald, but it will resume back

My hair lose after giving birth to my DD is terrible! One bunch when I wake up, one bunch when I comb my hair, one bunch when I wash hair and another bunch when I comb hair again after the wash.. Now when I wash my hair, I only feel scalp, not much hair left..

If I leave it alone, will it grow back? Or must I find remedies for it?

maybe you can try getting some hair tonic.. the hair will grow back, after some time, u'll find u hv lots of baby hair standing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back