Advice needed on St Anne Church kindergarten at sengkang

bin_mum

I am thinking of enrolling my son into St Anne. Anyone knows if the teachers on the above are good and do they speak proper english and their curriculum.

I dun mind if teachers speaks simple english as long as they speak singlish cos my son is easily being influenced.

Your advice would be very valuable.

have u enrolled your son in st anne?? heard any feedbacks on it? thot of enrolling my gal in for nex yr.

gonna have a long quene during the registration for my son. i went there ard 6.15 am and i am the very last few who managed to get a place in the registration.. only get the afternoon session. heard from the parents there have good feedback on the school.. hee, next yr my younger gal will get the priority for the enrolment and i not need to wait up so early..

Chen Meiqing, haha... my hubby queued there since 5.30am too... we're the last or 2nd last for the am session... my friend reached there at abt 7 and she had no slot...seems very popular....

anyone visited the sch before? i made twice (April and this week) phone calls to Mrs Tan (Principal) and wanted to visit the sch but was rejected cuz of HFMD... so till now i've never been there.... and orientation is coming next mth and i hope i can get more info abt the sch before paying sch fee etc during orientation....

Little_precious,

I am also hoping to get more info on the school before paying school fees. However, there doesnt seem to be much info on St Anne's from this forum.

To my knowledge, I know they have computer classes for all levels, including nursery. Speech and drama is also incorporated into the curriculum. I believe our questions may be answered on orientation day.
happy.gif

hi co11ectionz, i've already checked with other church schs around the area, all the am sessions are full, if St Anne is really not up to my expectation (have to decide on orientation), i'll have no choice but to take pm session else where.

until now i've never been to the sch (i tried calling the principal again but again was rejected to visit the sch).

have u spoken to the principal, she's very cool unlike other schs principal which i've visited before. another mom in another forum agreed with me abt this too. But she visited twice (one with appt and another time w/o appt). Abit worry that the principal is not that friendly, not sure if she'll answer all my longwinded questions in future if my kid really enters this sch.
sad.gif
that's why now i'm considering if we'll register..

Hi,
I just withdraw from St Anne. I am putting my child in Dayspring (morning session). Heard from other parent that St Anne is very hot during the afternoon session. afraid that my kid would not able to concentrate. another reason is that the principal from dayspring is very passionate. feeds me alot of info on their programme as well as clearing my doubts when i call them to check on the HFMD issues. It is a Christian school.
They are more on the academic side rather than the explorative teaching.

I felt that it would be more suitable for my kid as he is a bit slow and I hope that the 3 year drill programme would prepare him for the entry into Primary one.

I just sent a withdrawal letter to the st anne stating the registered name and birth cert of the student, contact info and requesting for refund.

I call up to confirm with them a week later to verify the receipt of the letter. they said that they would send me the refund at a later date in a month's time.

Hi,

Dayspring at Punggol side. Near the Carp Diem Childcare Resort. They have bus transport from and to Sengkang.

Bin_Mum,
I also registered my gal to Dayspring for next year Nur - AM. But I have not make payment yet cause my girl refuse to go there after a year at Nativity church.

Hopefully I can persuade her by this month end.

Hi Dearie_e,

Wish you success and hope to see you next year.

Do you went for the Orientation that the school has held?

Has first good impressions on the teachers. They are professionals from ushering to registrations. Though there are alot of people, the process is very smooth from registration to the coordination of the bus enquiries and buying uniforms.
Speaks to the English teachers.

They are able to communicate well and ,most importantly, i dun heard them speaking Singlish or broken sentences.

The principal provides alot of informations on the areas that the parents should be looking into, the functionality and the programmes of different levels of kindergarten programmes.

My mother-in-law complains that it is near Punggol end and needs transport but I think,utimately, all are worthwhile cos I think this is what i want for my son.

I hope that he will have the smooth transit into Primary One without tears as the kindergarten functions just like the mini primary school. (my impression).

may i know how much the sch fee is for dayspring? i thought that's a childcare centre? are the classrooms air-conditioned? i prefer not, that's why i enrolled mine in St anne.

btw, any st anne kids? mine is am class.

Hi little precious, sorrie for late reply cos i am very busy recently.

Just to exchange the info with you on what i know.
happy.gif

Dayspring is not childcare-based.It functions just like other normal kindergartens.
happy.gif

The principal explains to us that only the reading room is air-conditioned. Other than that, the school is not air-conditioned.

The principal told us that only reading room is air-conditioned because the children would able to concentrate during learning at the humid weather.

The reading room only accommodates 20 students at a time for learning. In addition, The temperature for the reading room only varies a little from the temperature of other premises of the school. This is to ensure the health of the students while allowing them to be able to concentrate and creating conducive environment for learning.

As for the school fees, the amount is $560 per term. ( does not varies much from other church schools)

Actually, different kindergartens caters different developmental needs for different kids. they have the own merits and weekness.

I chose Dayspring over St anne is because I have already given my kids the environment to explore and play at home or whenever I bring them out.

therefore, when i learns that dayspring is more academics based school, i decided to let my children to go there and experience so that the early learning would be more balanced.

Utimately, they needs to go to primary school and I feel that they should be given abit of stress like having spelling tests, the needs to do homeworks and learning chinese strokes when they are K1 or K2. when they go to the primary schools, they would able to transit more smoothly and more able to adapt the school systems

Hi All,

I have also registered my son for St. Anne next year morning session.

I miss some part of the orientation. May I check how many days can we accompany our kid during the first few days of school.

Sunnyling & MeiQing

How's the school at St Anne & Dayspring?
I am checking out all kindergarten around SK & Punggol areas. Do they usually have long waiting list? I am always advise to register early.... my gal is feb 2008 baby....

Hi,
What i heard from the mums of neighbourhood areas are that they were on the waiting list. (on the public waiting list) before the public registration starts on this july.

I have no problem in enrolling my 2007 younger gal for next year pre-nursery programme as i have registered her in the first round of registration since my elder son is already in the nursery level.

If you are asking about Dayspring, I am satisfied with the staffs and teachers. The teacher take initiative to toilet train my son at school.

My son show some progress in the terms of his speech and other aspect of the developmental areas such as he is toilet trained within few months after he is being enrolled, able to self-feed, buttoned and unbuttoned his shirts, wear his shoes and making attempts to brush the teeth himself.

However, I think it is the best for you to visit the school before you make decisions cos different people may have different opinions on the selection of the school.

As for the registration for 2008 baby, you may wish to check with the Dayspring and put her on the next year waiting list if you have decided.

Hi all mummies

Pardon my ignorance, can I hear from you why you prefer to send your children to private kindergartens rather than PAP ones.

My gal should start her N2 / Nursery next year and hv not decided yet where to send her. thinking hard this few days...Could some of you share some lights??

Hi,

I personally feel that the preschool education is the most importance phase of the overall child 's education.

It sets strong foundation of the overall child education path.

PAP kindergarten are not bad either, but you need to know if there are any good educational programme and good staffings (depending on each parent expectations.)Some PAP kindergartens are good.

I am sending my kids to the private kindergarten in other area cos i think i could not find any other good kindergarten ard to suit my child 's needs in my area.

NOT AT ALL GOOD!!!! BEWARE

I took my kid out of St ANNE due to bodily injuries by teaching staff. Apparently now they have a new principle and having a high turnover of teaching staff.

teacher was unfriendly and impatience with kids. mind you if your kid is a little active they will put them in a naughty class.

to my surprise I am not the only one got hurt. both pm and am sessions have similar cases.....

wow.. santa buddies. Care to share. My daughter used to be in that kindergarten whereby the old principal was still around. Heard from the other mummies that a few good english teachers had left.

wahhh..... would like to find out more... Mine is a 2008 baby... first time mom so dont hv a clue of good school ard Punggol n SK
happy.gif
TIA

I dont know about the new principal, but my daughter was taught by a young teacher I heard from another mummy that she left St Anne already

hi, i just saw the feedbacks on st anne's. i have enrolled my son for next year nursery. the principal have changed?? teachers turnover high?? means standard drop??

can someone feedback??

St Anne used to be good with the previous principal. After the new principal took over, some good English teachers left! The new principal seems friendly but then I heard that the teachers left because of her.. May be only

My daughter is in K1 in St Anne now.

I think it is common to have staff movement when leadership changes. It's the same in any organisation.

My daughter changes form teacher from N to K1 cos she change sessions. Her current teacher is very caring and feedbacks to me often onher progress when I drop her off in school. I notice improvement in her writing and speech in the 1st half of the year.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rainne, I am considering sending my boy to nursery class at St Anne Church Kindergarden and hopefully stay through to K2. How's your experience with the circulumn and the teachers? Cheers.
You do not accept PM.

Hi

I am considering to pull out my boy from the nursery class at LSK kindergarten to put him at St Anne Church next year. The reason is because he's so prone to body injuries while in LSK kindergarden. Although the teachers there seem to be caring but they're incapable of looking after my kid. Can anyone share more about their experience with the ciriculumn and the teachers at St Anne pls?

Cheers.

any one knows how St Annes Church kindergarten allocates the class when the child progresses from Nursery to Kindergarten 1?

There are 3 classes of nursery. At the end of the year all are mixed together n divided into 2 k1 classes. The k1 class will progress to k2 class with same English n mandarin teachers. The school will inform parents the new class before final term ends in nursery.

St anne Kindergarten is only average I find. At K1, they are learning numerals 1-10, rote learning 1-20, understanding myself and my family.

At this rate, I don't think they can catch up for primary one.

The teachers are uninteractive. Probably 1-2 teachers will give you feedback. The rest probably return you the kid after school, that's all. For those who want a cheaper Childcare version or just want some social interactions with other children, St anne is ok.

To be honest, I dont think any great about this school. I withdrawl my girl out because of the admin clerk. I find her irritating and rude! I think the standard of St Anne had drop real badly.

Ha ha!! Very true about the admin staff! By the way, Adelayip, She is still the same. Probably she is there for a long time.. That's why.. Sadly, every morning she is there at the door..

Ha ha ha!! Maybe maybe.. 

Please feel free to defend if u think otherwise.. All entitled to their own opinion.,

Ya when my boy just join the school, was like y admin staff so unfriendly but I feel after 2 yrs, this yr 3rd yr. Her attitude is better.

Hope your boy learnt enough to be ready for primary one. I find their curriculum too slow compared to the Childcare n better day classes available elsewhere..

And I don't quite understand why they don't let the parents view the kids' performances during Chinese new year, Xmas etc etc..

ya, i do feel they are rather slow in the curriculum too but i don know is it normal of this?
Is other school or PAP doing the same as well or they are learning much more than them.
Since then, did u give ur boy/girl extra classes outside so that they are well prepare for P1? Please let me know.

I think now they do allow parents to view their performance for CNY etc if i not wrong.

Back