Advice needed on a good Gynae

vivshai

Dear Girls,
I might be preganant
happy.gif
and hence need some kind advice.
Please suggest some really good Gynaecologists and hospital.
Someone who is experienced,nice, caring and reliable.
Im waiting for your replies...

Where you stay? Thomson medical clinic in front of Bkt Gombak mrt, Dr. Wong mum tat.
He is caring and experience.

Btw, Do u need fish oil or calcium pill.
I'm delivering soon and i have extra, can sell u cheap. pm me if keen.

U may contact Dr Lawrnece Ang at Sun plaza Thomson Woman Clinic. He is a reliable doctor with many years exp.

Dr HK Ho at Mt Alvernia.
My 3 kids are delivered by him.
Very very experienced.
His clinic is at Mt Alvernia itself.
Professional and steady gynae.

Hi Mummies who shared your gynae could you kindly provide their package and rates? and your total bill if you had delivered.

Thanks in advanced!!!!

I am at my second pregnancy but 1st time was at SGH normal B2 ward.. thus I have no idea how much it would be to go for private...

I am now seeing Dr woo @ tiong bahru... he only deliver at TMC at the moment

Dr HK Ho at Mt Alvernia.
My 3 kids are delivered by him.
Very very experienced.
His clinic is at Mt Alvernia itself.
Professional and steady gynae.

Hi Jojo,
I heard that he charged quite expensive.. Can I know how much you spent? I heard he is real good for stitching.. Thanks!

Dr Adrian Woodworth is fine imo if u dun mind a chop chop gynae w little words..he'll jus tell u everything's ok n c u in a mth's time..but of cos if u got qns he'll ans..he'll seem q aloof cos he has sooooo many patients! His package is one of e cheapest lo..went to him during #1 time, but this x w #2 chose to go another gynae cos older n I guess need more monitoring n assurance..

Dr Adrian Woodworth is fine imo if u dun mind a chop chop gynae w little words..he'll jus tell u everything's ok n c u in a mth's time..but of cos if u got qns he'll ans..he'll seem q aloof cos he has sooooo many patients! His package is one of e cheapest lo..went to him during #1 time, but this x w #2 chose to go another gynae cos older n I guess need more monitoring n assurance..
Ohh.. so which gynae u chose now?

Dr Christopher Chong from Glen E.. he's abit ex though.. he delivered my #1 & 2.. super firm gynae!

I just saw adrian woodworth today for the first time, first pregnancy. Really chop chop! Am looking for someone who delivers at Mount A so I'm kinda interested in Dr HK Ho referred above. Can let me know roughly how expensive he is? Thanks!

I am now seeking Dr Esther Ng from Mt A..Her charges are reasonable and ultrasound machine is v clear and good. V motherly gyne too.

Hi Poohbear: I just found that her charges for delivery is $2500. Is that the norm? She is the 1st quotation i got, so am not sure if that is on the high side. As for her other charges are as follow for those who wish to know:

- 1st consultation $120-150 (Exclude scan, ultrasound, urine test and medication)
- Ultrasound sound is $70-$90
- Anatal blood test $170
- Package starts from 20 weeks @ $950

Hope to hear from the mummies soon. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Poohbear: I just found that her charges for delivery is $2500. Is that the norm? She is the 1st quotation i got, so am not sure if that is on the high side. As for her other charges are as follow for those who wish to know:

- 1st consultation $120-150 (Exclude scan, ultrasound, urine test and medication)
- Ultrasound sound is $70-$90
- Anatal blood test $170
- Package starts from 20 weeks @ $950

Hope to hear from the mummies soon. Cheers!
Hi Iben, the package include what?n delivery charges of 2.5k is for normal delivery?
Compared to my friend with another gyne her per visit can cost her 300 to 400.

Irene Chua was my gynae at KKH. She's good , too bad she's no longer at KKH. Even though I like her a lot but I like KKH more. Lolzz. So not gonna to go back to her for my #2.

My gynae is Dr HK HO at mt A too. This is my second pregnancy, he's really steady, very experience , no nonsense, n really good in stitching. My SIL both kids were delivered by him too. Yes he's consider exp, u can call up the clinic to check. package $1.2k from 20wks and delivery 1.5-2k. Hope this helps!

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Jazlan Joosoph from Raffles Medical? i know his packages are not very cheap but he has a clinic in Tampines One and it would be convenient for me to go for the weekly check ups there.. Any info on him would be great!

Thanks.

hi all...i just discovered tt im preggie! :))
tis is my 1st child...wud luv to gt some recommendations frm u for gynaes.
i intend to gif birth at parkway east as im staying at East side. Any gynaes having private clinic frm tat hospital at East side?

Hi Baobei2014

Dr Adrian Woodworth delivers in TMC. Friend recommended him to me but i don't find him comfortable. He is really chop chop, in a sense that will want you to quickly go out of his room, that makes me uncomfortable if i want to ask question and if i have many unsure answers. And that i was not able to calmly get my answer and i felt unsecure being chased out of e room. Went in to see him only for 3mins and i am out of e consultation room. Consultation was $80 and folic acid for 30pcs (30 days) was $12!!! Told him some of my concerns and worry about complications of taking medicines, and he was like chop chop chase me out. Was quite depressed and heart broken for paying $92 for a 3min consultation.

Waiting time about 30 to 35mins (may be longer)
Consultation time 3mins (no checks or scans just verbal)
waiting for payment and med/supp 25 to 30mins
Perhaps becos i went in e evening. operating time 5.30-7.30pm only 2 hrs!!!

Although i had a bad experience, my friend's one was quite smooth. So it really depends on what kind of gynae u are looking for. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Any recommendation for gynae near Hougang, Sengkang or Punggol area? And where's the hospital the gynae delivers? Thanks in advance!

hi all...i just discovered tt im preggie! :))
tis is my 1st child...wud luv to gt some recommendations frm u for gynaes.
i intend to gif birth at parkway east as im staying at East side. Any gynaes having private clinic frm tat hospital at East side?

I go to Dr loke at tampines. He deliver at PEH.

Hi Baobei2014

Dr Adrian Woodworth delivers in TMC. Friend recommended him to me but i don't find him comfortable. He is really chop chop, in a sense that will want you to quickly go out of his room, that makes me uncomfortable if i want to ask question and if i have many unsure answers. And that i was not able to calmly get my answer and i felt unsecure being chased out of e room. Went in to see him only for 3mins and i am out of e consultation room. Consultation was $80 and folic acid for 30pcs (30 days) was $12!!! Told him some of my concerns and worry about complications of taking medicines, and he was like chop chop chase me out. Was quite depressed and heart broken for paying $92 for a 3min consultation.

Waiting time about 30 to 35mins (may be longer)
Consultation time 3mins (no checks or scans just verbal)
waiting for payment and med/supp 25 to 30mins
Perhaps becos i went in e evening. operating time 5.30-7.30pm only 2 hrs!!!

Although i had a bad experience, my friend's one was quite smooth. So it really depends on what kind of gynae u are looking for. Hope this helps :)

hi emily, ok thanks.

His clinic is at Blk 821 Tampines St 81 S(520821). Tel: 6786 3188
I find his charges are ok. He is a man of few words but if you got questions, he will slowly answer your queries.
My #1 is delivered by him. I find his stitching is good.

hi all~~ i'm new here and this is my first pregnancy~ ^^ i'm a bit lost doing my gynae shopping! i'm looking for female gynae... anybody is with Dr Irene Chua or Dr Wendy Teo or any good gynae frm Mt A? how is their package like? what price range is considered expensive? :confused: so lost....

Hi all, this is my first pregnancy and I'm 5 weeks now. I hear that Dr. Douglas Ong is good, can anyone give me his package and consultancy price? Thanks

Hi all mummies to be,
I am a new mummy for July'14 baby next year.
I would like to check if anyone of you did the blood test for fetal chromosomal abnormalities? I visited Dr Chan Kong Hon and he recommended this blood test which cost about $3k. Would appreciate all replies.
Thanks in advance!

July mummy, I think not necessary to take the blood test. Unless you n/or your hubby got family history of hereditary related conditions. The blood test at wk10-12 & wk20 will show if bb at high risk of abnoralities or not. By then u can do the expensive blood test or other forms of testing to confirm.
I didn't do for my 2 kids. Gynae didn't suggest too. But he did mention if I'm preg abv 35yrs, then have to do testing coz consider high risk already.

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Jazlan Joosoph from Raffles Medical? i know his packages are not very cheap but he has a clinic in Tampines One and it would be convenient for me to go for the weekly check ups there.. Any info on him would be great!

Thanks.

Hi Arfah, I'm taking him as well. EDD 9 Sept 2014. Appreciate if you can share the package rates for Dr Jazlan. Am only meeting him again end of Feb 2014. Thanks!

Hi Arfah, I met Dr Jazlan just last weekend at Raffles Hospital to confirm my pregnancy. I find him very pleasant and gentle. But I'm not sure if he delivers in any other hospital except Raffles Hospital.

Hi Arfah, I met Dr Jazlan just last weekend at Raffles Hospital to confirm my pregnancy. I find him very pleasant and gentle. But I'm not sure if he delivers in any other hospital except Raffles Hospital.

Hi antz80, I understand that he only delivers at Raffles Hospital. Btw, congrats! I did went to see him too last week. How many weeks are you now? Perhaps we can share more info as we go along, per day we choose dr jazlan all the way for our delivery.

Let me know! :)

Hi Akeelah, my next appointment is 2 Saturdays from now 22 Feb to check the baby's heartbeat. I think I might be at my 5-6th week. Based on my calculation my edd should be 3 Oct 2014. I was so excited that I forgot to ask him detailed questions. lol. Yes sure! So nice to have someone going through the same stage in life.

I think Raffles Hospital rates are a bit too steep. I paid $300 ish for vaginal ultrasound and urine test that day. Do you have any idea if that's normal or a bit on the high side? I am actually doing some research to look out for packages in other hospitals as well. I do not mind KKH, Alvernia or TMC.

coz im staying at North side, was thinking is there any recommend gynae, previously went to Dr Chen Lin Han, but now they are not operating in the evening, only Morning and afternoon, so i am not able to make it, coz im working.

Hi Akeelah, my next appointment is 2 Saturdays from now 22 Feb to check the baby's heartbeat. I think I might be at my 5-6th week. Based on my calculation my edd should be 3 Oct 2014. I was so excited that I forgot to ask him detailed questions. lol. Yes sure! So nice to have someone going through the same stage in life.

I think Raffles Hospital rates are a bit too steep. I paid $300 ish for vaginal ultrasound and urine test that day. Do you have any idea if that's normal or a bit on the high side? I am actually doing some research to look out for packages in other hospitals as well. I do not mind KKH, Alvernia or TMC.

Great to know that! Hopefully, all is well throughout for you! Do ask questions on your next appointment. I agree - I myself missed out some impt questions the last time round.

Also agree the fees might be on the upper side. I realized first visits are always steep for consultation and ultrasound scans. I also did look at other gynaes' + hospitals' maternity packages. Came to conclude that at times, most of the gynaes' rates are close depending when (period) we take their packages or related tests.
I may look at Parkway East as an alternative though.

Are you a first time mum? I am, so I'm quite curious about a lot of things. Learning as much as I can. Stay in touch!

Hi Akeelah! Yes I am a first time mum. Things have not sinked in yet for me so still in disbelief. Have you heard your baby's heartbeat yet? I'm quite nervous (hoping all is well inside me) and super excited as well. I cant feel anything except for occasional cramps. I'm having serious caffeine withdrawal. lol.

Oh btw, as i was reading up on skincare during pregnancy, there are quite a number of chemicals we should avoid. Now I'm wondering if I should relook my cleansers/moisturizers/makeup. You might want to read up on this as well: http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2013/08/pregnancy-safe-skincare-products.html

Back